April 25, 2024, 09:26:08 PM

Author Topic: England vs Switzerland Thread  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England vs Switzerland Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 05:26:48 AM »
BTW jennas is black dude! one drop of black blood make's you black, doh matter how white yuh feel you are, or how white you may look.

nah. Jenas is mixed. but that is just me. everyone will see race how they want. one drop of black making you black is just one view..no matter how popular you believe it is. but be honest..if T&T whole squad look like Jenas..you would probably want to know where all de black footballers gone  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »
Yow forget that talk nah dread, BC it go lead to ppl calling yuh a racist and ah hater! mind you , i think you're spot on! cause i watching english football since some ah dem men was in their mother's belly , in strollers , and in their father testicles , and i remember the only black faces you saw in the prem was garth crocks and another jamaican born player can't recall his name right now, but english football has came a long way. to me the first black player i've ever seen in an english shirt was john barnes, not sure if that's correct, but i stop watch english football in the mid 80ies , and started watching seria, so i don't know for sure if there were others before him . france is a perfect example of how bias english selection is when it come down to race. BTW jennas is black dude! one drop of black blood make's you black, doh matter how white yuh feel you are, or how white you may look.

Why you so dred?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
I was in DC for the Game at Lucky Shoe Bar and heard them mentioning too many black players on the team. I guess they were Owen and Nugent fans but was glad to see the new faces of England... I'm not saying they are favoured but in the 80's and 90's far less selected... Its good to see more faces of that reflect the diaspora of Europe in their national teams... thats all. Was at Northumbria and heard some racist $hit when defoe was playing under their last Steve...

Its also welcoming as a football fan to see players being disciplined and not being selected from some media pressure. I was glad to see that Becks was given a rest and more of their younger players given a chance. This is the favouritsm that I was talking about..

Kicker btw Madrid does hang Confederate Flags in dey stadium, I know I was in there for a Barca game....

Hoss you doh need to teach me any lessons on race & racism.....and the Madrid comment holds no bearing on my affinity for the squad....

I just don't see the point in nothing that a black player scored the first goal for England under the Capello regime, like that means anything...... Flip the coin- the first black player to ever captain England was Paul Ince- In his first game as captain- what happened? They lost to the U.S....What if someone decided to note that ah bet yuh woulda tell him to hush is a$$....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 11:18:52 AM »
Yow forget that talk nah dread, BC it go lead to ppl calling yuh a racist and ah hater! mind you , i think you're spot on! cause i watching english football since some ah dem men was in their mother's belly , in strollers , and in their father testicles , and i remember the only black faces you saw in the prem was garth crocks and another jamaican born player can't recall his name right now, but english football has came a long way. to me the first black player i've ever seen in an english shirt was john barnes, not sure if that's correct, but i stop watch english football in the mid 80ies , and started watching seria, so i don't know for sure if there were others before him . france is a perfect example of how bias english selection is when it come down to race. BTW jennas is black dude! one drop of black blood make's you black, doh matter how white yuh feel you are, or how white you may look.

Steupsss- You like to bark & growl loud loud like some militant black and proud, and then look at what school of thought you subscribe to- The "One drop Rule" You serious? Do you even know the origins of it?  Look it up my friend- learn how it came to pass, and then come back and tell me if that's the school of thought that you really want to subscribe to......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
I was in DC for the Game at Lucky Shoe Bar and heard them mentioning too many black players on the team. I guess they were Owen and Nugent fans but was glad to see the new faces of England... I'm not saying they are favoured but in the 80's and 90's far less selected... Its good to see more faces of that reflect the diaspora of Europe in their national teams... thats all. Was at Northumbria and heard some racist $hit when defoe was playing under their last Steve...

Its also welcoming as a football fan to see players being disciplined and not being selected from some media pressure. I was glad to see that Becks was given a rest and more of their younger players given a chance. This is the favouritsm that I was talking about..

Kicker btw Madrid does hang Confederate Flags in dey stadium, I know I was in there for a Barca game....

You are taking isolated reactions of "fans", who are probably idiots and using it to criticise several different administrations of the team.

Suffice it to say race has not been a factor in England team selections for more than 20 years. In fact I could remember England sides with as many or more black players starting than those who started tonight.

As for fresh selections, Capello hasn't selected anyone new to the set-up. the most he might have done is give Bentley a bigger role.
        To me i don't see race when looking at Football but the best combination a Coach put on the field,i think what we are seeing with Capello is a Coach that is neutral not being attached to any of the clubs,how many of those guys played on England's team in the last WC?i tend to like what he did with that team,although he did not add anyone new to the set-up his starting combination was different,players who normally would be on the bench played,any how good game hope they came improve on this though for harder games.

giggsy11

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
Man gettin tye up in the way people does deal with race in the States. Yuh mix when yuh parents are of different races. Jenas, Ferdinand, Giggs, all dem fellas mix. On another note Wes Brown is a damn space cadet the man does play with no sense or sense of urgency,ah cah wait for Neville to come back or for Ferguson to give Simpson more run.

1]; } ?>