April 28, 2024, 01:53:25 PM

Author Topic: Why choose Guadelope as a warm up game?  (Read 4950 times)

Offline soca_randy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Why choose Guadelope as a warm up game?
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
I am sorry!

But pardon the expression, because that is the only way I could express my dissatisfaction.

Year after year we keep ill preparing our lads by playing all these shit teams.

While USA and Jamaica are playing the likes of Mexico and Costa Rica.

We need to be on the heels of Mexico and USA and we cannot do that by playing all these shit teams. Is best you play a better team, get licks and you know where you stand.

At this rate we will never catch up with the USA, if we continue to play shit teams like Guadeloupe, Grenada etc. USA & Mexico ain't playing these teams to prepare their squad for world cup.

Man ah doh know. Ah give up! Nothing makes sense no more!
socarandy

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Why choose Guadelope as a warm up game?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:34:02 AM »
In response to your question....

1. Almost everybody else involved in some WCQ or friendly today.....OR

2. Is de TTFF we talking bout dey cyah organise nutten properly.... OR

3.  We need to beat up on some lesser teams to boost we sorely damaged confidence and ego...(never mind PR nearly, nearly do more damage) OR

4.  Since it have nuff overseas peeps in for de Carnival, Jackula decide to make some change (i.e. suck on some necks)....but he couldn't get nobody else to come and play we cuz of reason 1. so he take whoever he could get...

I feel is reason 2 and 4......anything to do wid de TTFF design for disaster....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »
In response to your question....

1. Almost everybody else involved in some WCQ or friendly today.....OR

2. Is de TTFF we talking bout dey cyah organise nutten properly.... OR

3.  We need to beat up on some lesser teams to boost we sorely damaged confidence and ego...(never mind PR nearly, nearly do more damage) OR

4.  Since it have nuff overseas peeps in for de Carnival, Jackula decide to make some change (i.e. suck on some necks)....but he couldn't get nobody else to come and play we cuz of reason 1. so he take whoever he could get...

I feel is reason 2 and 4......anything to do wid de TTFF design for disaster....

Amen sister :applause: :applause:
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
Stay there and feel Guadeloupe is a shit team. Like allyuh didn't watch the Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:54:37 AM by Well Yes »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:59:30 AM »
Because we suk at this Moment and No other country want to play us.. Simple facts..
War..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline heete

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »
it takes money to host a team and apparently ttff dont want to spend much money so teams like guadeloupe are cheap to host so why not.

noone wants to play trinidad either. cuz it shouldn't be hard to at least get a south american team which is not to far for our country

what more can I say. buh I will be there for the guadeloupe game though

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »
Stay there and feel Guadeloupe is a shit team. Like allyuh didn't watch the Gold Cup.

am....ent Guadeloupe make de semis in de Gold Cup(granted is wasn't de WC), and lose to Mexico 1-0!!!!! in de semis, so me eh see wha so wrong wid playing dem at dis point. We better beat dem convincingly if dey so sh&tty!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:14:06 AM »
Because we suk at this Moment and No other country want to play us.. Simple facts..
War..

I tend to agree with Mr Warmonga...plus, the few that might still have an interest tend to notice we always have the noose of Jack hangin round we neck so the majority of them prefer to avoid us...too much baggage. But just wait a few months, come closer to WC time then yuh go see people start to kiss the man ring (an ah doh mean the ones on his fingers either  ;) )

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »

am....ent Guadeloupe make de semis in de Gold Cup(granted is wasn't de WC), and lose to Mexico 1-0!!!!! in de semis, so me eh see wha so wrong wid playing dem at dis point. We better beat dem convincingly if dey so sh&tty!!!
Ah know. I take it these people didn't watch Guadeloupe play.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »
Guad is a nice little warm up test for the youths, without the chance of affecting our rankings if we loose. Also this mix of veterans and youth has seldom played together before, so we looking at individiual talent but poor team understanding. Fellas like Marcano, Telesford and Keon Daniel who will most probably be playing alongside Jones and Edwards in the qualifiers....why not throw an "easy" team at them to test their mettle. Remember some of these fellas could not even make our PFL based digicel team last year.

And Guad really eh no world power but they not really an easy team either
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:25:11 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »
it takes money to host a team and apparently ttff dont want to spend much money so teams like guadeloupe are cheap to host so why not.

noone wants to play trinidad either. cuz it shouldn't be hard to at least get a south american team which is not to far for our country

Match fee for a typical central american team to play in teh caribbean is normally somewhere between US$75K and $100K. I am not familiar with the situation in T&T, but you shouldnt be losing money when you play international games at home, especially when your oversaes stars are involved. If you have 20,000 specators in the stadium paying an average US$10 per ticket, you end up with something like US$200K from gate reciepts. Add to that TV rights, billboard adverising in teh stadium etc and its harder to end up in the red than to break even or make a small profit. Now wowhat is the capacity of the Queens park oval? I expect a full house today when Jamaica tackle costa Rica, between 25K and 30K fans...I am sure the JFF will end up with a small profit aftyer the game...or even break even worse case. No reason why it should be different in T&T....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 10:27:46 AM »

Match fee for a typical central american team to play in teh caribbean is normally somewhere between US$75K and $100K. I am not familiar with the situation in T&T, but you shouldnt be losing money when you play international games at home, especially when your oversaes stars are involved. If you have 20,000 specators in the stadium paying an average US$10 per ticket, you end up with something like US$200K from gate reciepts. Add to that TV rights, billboard adverising in teh stadium etc and its harder to end up in the red than to break even or make a small profit. Now wowhat is the capacity of the Queens park oval? I expect a full house today when Jamaica tackle costa Rica, between 25K and 30K fans...I am sure the JFF will end up with a small profit aftyer the game...or even break even worse case. No reason why it should be different in T&T....

Yuh forget the Warner cut papa....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
that is all very well and good, but we have to remember that the "Special Advisor's" Fee is about US$400,000 :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 10:28:52 AM »

Well, it depends on what team guadeloupe brings, and the ciondition of their players. From what I know, amny of the players they used in the gold cup are actually french nationals, living and playing in the French lower divisions. So yes, if these players are involved, Guadeloupe will be strong. If its mostly players from their domestic league, it might not be such a potent team. What they did at the gold Cup was nothing short of miraculous. But in the grand tscheme of things, you would have to consider teams such as Guatemala, honduras, Cuba, Haiti etc as better teams than Guadeloupe.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »
wait nuh...dese ppl relly didnt see guadeloupe play?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »
Rf, wha kinda arseness yuh chatting? They are all French nationals ... jes some in Guadeloupe and some not.

In any event, there is nothing wrong with playing versus Guadeloupe at this stage. Like some ppl would prefer a lil vibe versus Paraguay or Japan or Iran, buh how useful would that be right now. I say we good.

Considering what our challenges are in the coming months, I eh see nutten wrong with this incremental approach.

Today the US plays Mexico. Wha allyuh figure dat game is all about? Some gate receipts and some incremental info about players. Largely it's another platform for the rivalry wid a lil cess on fine tuning here and there. These two teams doh really lack any intelligence on each other. Iz a 'friendly'.

I cool wid Guadeloupe and I say leh we see wha de public turnout looks like. It might not be a stellar situation buh I cyah conclude dat we go end up losing on and orf de field. I am aboard wid de scene.

Yard playing CR. That's a fine matchup. The race is not for the swift.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
Here's the thing that bugging me bout dis game....I saw Guadeloupe last year in de Digicel Cup and they were good, really good....

However, we have to remember that while de TTFF been playing de a%$^ over the last 18 months or so, almost all the other teams getting or have got their house in order.  The US for example, have played many friendlies over that period against top quality teams.  

We have not built on the momentum we had after the WC and now that we finally got some of our overseas players to mix in with the younger ones, to build/rebuild the team, we warminng up against Guadeloupe.....this game should have been played in 2006 and we build from there.....

But like ah say in mih opening post....is de TTFF we dealing wid....ah should be glad de game playing at all.... ::)  ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45:06 AM »
wait nuh...dese ppl relly didnt see guadeloupe play?
as BM would say en français ;)
"n'envoyez pas plus de Français"
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
Rf, wha kinda arseness yuh chatting? They are all French nationals ... jes some in Guadeloupe and some not.
No slack atall for RF anytime eh ;) :D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »

so we playing d French Z team  :angel:  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 11:02:29 AM »
Here's the thing that bugging me bout dis game....I saw Guadeloupe last year in de Digicel Cup and they were good, really good....

However, we have to remember that while de TTFF been playing de a%$^ over the last 18 months or so, almost all the other teams getting or have got their house in order.  The US for example, have played many friendlies over that period against top quality teams. 

We have not built on the momentum we had after the WC and now that we finally got some of our overseas players to mix in with the younger ones, to build/rebuild the team, we warminng up against Guadeloupe.....this game should have been played in 2006 and we build from there.....But like ah say in mih opening post....is de TTFF we dealing wid....ah should be glad de game playing at all.... ::)  ::)

Well, probably more like '07 b/c post-WC it would have been a so-so sell between September and December of '06. Buh, no harm no foul. Fair enough. Iz de beginning of '08 and ground is recoverable. Even if we had, is nutten ... we coulda play them twice ... so lehwe view dis like a return session that was missing de front end. Dey register on some ppl radar outta de Gold Cup and turn heads and now the stage is set for plenty curiosity as to who go bring what.

Leh we go :wavetowel: ... right now, all I asking for is a lil more umph than was associated with the Puerto Rico outing. Ah feel we have de platform for that. Let us keep in perspective who we have to slaughter come first day of WCQ ... I say we good fuh now. Keep de faith sistah.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 11:04:22 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 11:08:50 AM »
Ah yuh Die Hard ... we jes play US ZZ and laboured for a tie ... ah did hear yuh then ;D ... time for Guadeloupe A ... it is what it is ...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:27 AM »

Thank yuh dread...since when Gwadada is a shit team? Man does just talk ah set ah craziness when dey ready oui ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

Thank yuh dread...since when Gwadada is a shit team? Man does just talk ah set ah craziness when dey ready oui ::)

Leh we wait fr the results today and then decide what team we really have and whether it make sense to play Mexico now or gradually build to the summer when we play England or Sweden or Ecuador or some other big team (which I hope the TTFF is leading to).  I wouldn't hold mih breath though.  All I want is a good performance with a win today.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »

In any event, there is nothing wrong with playing versus Guadeloupe at this stage. Like some ppl would prefer a lil vibe versus Paraguay or Japan or Iran, buh how useful would that be right now. I say we good.

Considering what our challenges are in the coming months, I eh see nutten wrong with this incremental approach.

Today the US plays Mexico. Wha allyuh figure dat game is all about? Some gate receipts and some incremental info about players. Largely it's another platform for the rivalry wid a lil cess on fine tuning here and there. These two teams doh really lack any intelligence on each other. Iz a 'friendly'.

I cool wid Guadeloupe and I say leh we see wha de public turnout looks like. It might not be a stellar situation buh I cyah conclude dat we go end up losing on and orf de field. I am aboard wid de scene.

Yard playing CR. That's a fine matchup. The race is not for the swift.

Like I said, if Guadeloupe shows up with their full compelement of players, including those living and playing in France, they could pose a threat to anyone...(ask Mexico and Honduras).

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »
Like I said, if Guadeloupe shows up with their full compelement of players, including those living and playing in France, they could pose a threat to anyone...(ask Mexico and Honduras).
aye ya yie
like asylum have ya thinkin ;D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 11:54:47 AM »

Tell dem Fyzo, ah doh know wey dey get dey info from nah, dat Guadeloupe is ah shit team, steupsssss. Do all yuh research first before posting nah. Ah wouldn't rate de game as if we playing USA or Mexico, but T&T will get a good run out dey. Of course ah expecting us tuh win, but it will not be a Sunday morning walk in de park, member meh told yuh. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 12:02:04 PM »
aye ya yie
like asylum have ya thinkin ;D ;D

Anything to help out nah ...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 10:34:59 AM »
Ah hope the answer to this question is settled.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »
Ah hope the answer to this question is settled.

Yeah.....we cyar possibly do any worse against a Guadeluope team that was not at full strength....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>