April 25, 2024, 08:38:29 AM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel- a diamond in the rough !  (Read 6463 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel- a diamond in the rough !
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:04:14 AM »
I was wondering why de section over to the East made so much noise when the fella in the yellow boots was summoned from de bench. I thought it was some kinda negative crowd disturbance or something ... The man tall, nashy and looking like he just wake up but from the first touch I realise why dem fellas was making so much noise. 15 mins was enough to see that we have there a diamond in the rough.
The man has the touch ..... when he puts his foot on the ball ..dat's it ! Even in defence he displayed a calmness putting many of his senior counterparts to shame. I was disappointed in the performance of the team against an ordinary Guadeloupe team but if we have unearthed one good player from this exercise we could count it as a success. This was not a well talked about player before the game but I saw Maturana off his feet when the boy was making football look so easy on the left side.
The Guadeloupe team realised this as well and gave him room. No one tackled, you dont just run into good players who have the ball at their feet,  he strode around and made some good passes. I was particularly impressed with a twenty yard pass from the left to the middle that never left the ground, didn't wobble and was well weighted. He also has the ability to turn with the ball and the fact that he is left footed makes him all the more special as these players are not easy to find !
I still feel he can do more if given a bigger role. Few have demonstrated the ability to remain calm and to pass the ball on the ground as this fella did. It was the first time I was seeing him .... he looked like one to put in cellophane ... for me, he is one to give special attention to.
Can anyone on the forum fill in the gaps on this guy ?
I notice many mentioned the 19 without naming him .... I guess he was a surprise to many of us although I have seen his name mentioned on the forum awhile back.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 09:43:11 AM by Flex »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Keon Daniel- a diamond in the rough !
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 08:33:12 AM »
I was wondering why de section over to the East made so much noise when the fella in the yellow boots was summoned from de bench. I thought it was some kinda negative crowd disturbance or something ... The man tall, nashy and looking like he just wake up but from the first touch I realise why dem fellas was making so much noise. 15 mins was enough to see that we have there a diamond in the rough.
The man has the touch ..... when he puts his foot on the ball ..dat's it ! Even in defence he displayed a calmness putting many of his senior counterparts to shame. I was disappointed in the performance of the team against an ordinary Martinique team but if we have unearthed one good player from this exercise we could count it as a success. This was not a well talked about player before the game but I saw Maturana off his feet when the boy was making football look so easy on the left side.
The martiniquans realised this as well and gave him room. No one tackled, you dont just run into good players who have the ball at their feet,  he strode around and made some good passes. I was particularly impressed with a twenty yard pass from the left to the middle that never left the ground, didn't wobble and was well weighted. He also has the ability to turn with the ball and the fact that he is left footed makes him all the more special as these players are not easy to find !
I still feel he can do more if given a bigger role. Few have demonstrated the ability to remain calm and to pass the ball on the ground as this fella did. It was the first time I was seeing him .... he looked like one to put in cellophane ... for me, he is one to give special attention to.
I notice many mentioned the 19 without naming him .... I guess he was a surprise to many of us although I have seen his name mentioned on the forum awhile back.

was this game played in the past or the future???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »
:rotfl: ... yuh know how it guh ... martinique/guadeloupe ... jamaica/britz ... puerto rico/gringos

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »
The man has the touch ..... when he puts his foot on the ball ..dat's it ! Even in defence he displayed a calmness putting many of his senior counterparts to shame. I was disappointed in the performance of the team against an ordinary Martinique team but if we have unearthed one good player from this exercise we could count it as a success. This was not a well talked about player before the game but I saw Maturana off his feet when the boy was making football look so easy on the left side.
The martiniquans realised this as well and gave him room. No one tackled, you dont just run into good players who have the ball at their feet,  he strode around and made some good passes. I was particularly impressed with a twenty yard pass from the left to the middle that never left the ground, didn't wobble and was well weighted. He also has the ability to turn with the ball and the fact that he is left footed makes him all the more special as these players are not easy to find !

was this game played in the past or the future???
i suppose I should say ..pardon my french  :beermug:
Guadeloupe it was ...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »
Sam was the first man to introduce me to Daniel and I went and saw him play for Petrotrin and I must say that Keon Daniel is a boss player in the making, he just need to be consistent and T&T should play him in the central role. Both him and Guerra are future number 10 players. Daniel have the potential to be better than Latapy because he is a more an overall player and is excellent in free kicks too, I know many here will disagree because they are bias, but as I said Daniel have the potential to be better than Latapy, for now he needs more developing, I hope Maturana notice that too, he is left footed and have great vision I hope he goes to a better league becuase he is really a diamond in the rough...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
i just googled Keon daniel half expecting to find nothing much ...boy was I surprised...and the guy will be only 21 this year ! check this out ...

http://www.socawarriors.net/keon_daniel.htm

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »
buh how yalll only now gettin tuh Keon, he has been showin off well in de local league before digicel cup and in the cup itself he showed some serious talent.

he's been around ah while despite his age.

alwyas been a decent prospect, ah good replacement for avery.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
after watching some lil 17 year old(Mattock?)play left back for England U-21, all I could wonder is why we cyah have some youth coming up who could handle this position(defend and attack).....so i was extremely happy to see Jai's comments about dis Keon Daniel fellahs, keep on keeping on young man!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 10:38:21 AM »
buh how yalll only now gettin tuh Keon, he has been showin off well in de local league before digicel cup and in the cup itself he showed some serious talent.

jefferz yuh come back biting hard boy.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 10:43:21 AM »
after watching some lil 17 year old(Mattock?)play left back for England U-21, all I could wonder is why we cyah have some youth coming up who could handle this position(defend and attack).....so i was extremely happy to see Jai's comments about dis Keon Daniel fellahs, keep on keeping on young man!!

like gail cliche... he fast no ass... from top ah de opposite box and back to his own in seconds.

and truetrini boy, i find apart from Fl! talkin ah setta la la about adebayor not being worthy of the premiership when de man actually HAVE de premiership byu de balls, men like dey duppy, talkin about keon daniels! where did he come from *gasp* he's only 21!

even that bufoon TI has been talkin about Keon long time.

stewps.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:50:55 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:51 AM »

u sure u not talking about nigel daniel?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 11:02:36 AM »

That made me laugh, should have said he might be a good replacment for Jemmott or moreso Latapy instead. and let Akile Edwards, Nigel Daniel and Andrei Pacheco fight for Avery's position.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »
I would prefer to see him in a central midfield role ..as I said in another post ...just to see what he can do. He is not a defender nor is he a wide midfielder, in my view. he has enough technique to play in the middle and he can pass the ball.
are we seeing another dwight yorke here i ask ???

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
I would prefer to see him in a central midfield role ..as I said in another post ...just to see what he can do. He is not a defender nor is he a wide midfielder, in my view. he has enough technique to play in the middle and he can pass the ball.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I taught Yorke was a striker in his days.... Daniel could be another Latapy and another big Tobagian player like Yorke was.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 11:36:34 AM »
He have to get out of TT immediately if he want to get better.

If Dais the fella in the yellow boots on the flank...he have ball sense and awareness the #19.

I also liked the number 6 in the middle who try a thing. He play the best of the midfield.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 11:39:48 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I taught Yorke was a striker in his days.... Daniel could be another Latapy and another big Tobagian player like Yorke was.

Dwight also played midfield as wel as a youth. He was so good tech. he could do that. you could see him falling back comfortably into the middle in his later years. speed was never his forte it was his technique that took him to the highest level. From the little I have seen of daniel he has me excited. i came away from the match saying ...we found one new piece of the puzzle.... lets continue exposing soime of the younger players to see how they can match up. Rome was not built in a day.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
He have to get out of TT immediately if he want to get better.

If Dais the fella in the yellow boots on the flank...he have ball sense and awareness the #19.

I also liked the number 6 in the middle who try a thing. He play the best of the midfield.

you are so right about him getting into a professional environment to hone his skills. I suspect after yesterday's 15 mins he will get more playing time on the T&T team and therefore have a better chance to get a foreign contract. dont forget he is left footed, that is a big seller in world football these days. many teams are in the market for good left sided players and when you can play in the middle as a left footer well your stakes are higher.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

We hurting for some brains in midfield to go along with that. I hope Daniel and the #6 will keep on track and for our sake keep improving.

Will Theobald be able to get vastly better by June? Yes there are factors to consider why we played shit but Bleeder need to get single out. WCQ's, Germany and Gold Cup player, training with Latas and Yorke, what has he learnt about conducting a midfield? He should be clicking and whirring in midfield, spraying out passes, no matter if nobody on de same page as him.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
The funny thing to me is that it was the local midfielders Hyland and Keon (been talking bout this man for a while) who actually looked better than the foreign ones Samuel , Spann and Theobald..........Theobald I've never rated and still dont he cant start for his own club yet you want him to start as the captai in trinidad center mid...he is slow and unathletic and eak how  how can he be in the center mid...its absurd ....Spann cant make his team either and he doesnt play a right flank for some reason they didnt play baptiste there who is a natural winger ...Samuel obviously all speed and no brain..sigh  ..I dont think this midfield could beat our team in Atlanta in fact I daresay they would get run over...!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
yea Jai....Keon Daniel....very good talent...leftfooted...but can go right and pass with the right also....
natural center mid....he capt the u-23 under mcComie....was the class player also...but no one to work with...
word is that he is the ultimate "laid back" tobago person....and stopped playing the game for a while...he loves to fly kite...his good friend in Tobago said he likes that more than football....
needs more games at this level with the senior pros...went to trials at man Utd....

Touches..Number 6...is Hyland ...yes de hyland mcComie wont pick....18 yrs old....Jabloteh regular...interest from porthsmouth and Celtic....Terry fenick things highly of him also....he really improve a lot...i was not a big fan in de earlies...like 3 yrs ago....but he really come along...was not surprised in the guadloupe game....for me ...yes Ince was MOM...but i give Hyland
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 04:41:50 PM »
Can anybody post the game on the website!!!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 05:26:05 PM »
He give up football to go and fly kite???..but WTF is dis I readin?

Dat fellah need some hard clout or wha...the man walkin around on two gifts that could mind he whole family and he studyin kite?.........then again when man real young he does feel yuh have all de time in the world I guess

come to think of it...wha kinda 'flyin kite' yuh mean exactly BM,?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »
Is crop season Dutty, many people does build singing angel and mad bull kites around this time... and go fly dem

But then again is Carnival time... also... so he might be flying another kite...  ;D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
haha...Dutty...no wonder yuh name Dutty....and yuh know i almost put that in de post....

ah guess it eaiser tuh fly kite than deal with the TTFF....leh we tie Camps to a madbull nah
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
come to think of it...wha kinda 'flyin kite' yuh mean exactly BM,?
Dutty, the first to say what the rest of us are thinking :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 07:14:29 PM »
bm ah have to call yuh out, the same way we does take ah step back when Europeans describe west indians as laid back, what yuh mean by laid back tobago person. hmmmm

back to keon  product ah d bertile camp,  i think he was supposed to go college not 100 % sure but his moms death  alter the road he choose

jus remembered nigel lewis, think he woulda be the best centre back to wear the national colours. captained joe public in semi pro days when i think he was about 20. went to college and that was d last i hear from him
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:44 AM »
look here for hyland #8 in red for jabloteh

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1746&Itemid=109

daniel #30 in white for petrotrin

http://www.ttproleague.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1710&Itemid=109
hey banton , on the last flick i ain't get to see much of daniels , but the pitch look real groomed and nice . where is that pitch?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 07:50:31 AM »
ah know some a llyuh on this board does forget

but this daniel aka skilla is real death but he was d same captain to mc commies u 23 in the games in the marvin lee

when most a allyuh say he cant play worth a shit

i like him in the middle of the park cuz i think he too lazy for the wing

he needs to move from petrotrin though he to accustomed losin

and no offence but i think he in a far better class than guerra for a # 10
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:58 AM »
ah know some a llyuh on this board does forget

but this daniel aka skilla is real death but he was d same captain to mc commies u 23 in the games in the marvin lee

when most a allyuh say he cant play worth a shit

i like him in the middle of the park cuz i think he too lazy for the wing

he needs to move from petrotrin though he to accustomed losin

and no offence but i think he in a far better class than guerra for a # 10

Two things guerra is not the number ten the man play the defensive mid and secondly if he too lazy for the wing that make him better for the central mid?...lol

1]; } ?>