March 28, 2024, 05:33:41 PM

Author Topic: Interview with Latas  (Read 3639 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interview with Latas
« on: August 29, 2005, 09:05:20 PM »
Fellas Got the inside scoop that Joel Villafana is supposed to be interviewing Latas at 4:45 PM EST(ASSUMING THE FLIGHT ON TIME LOL)Foreign-based can follow on www.i955fm.com

Sorry I couldn't give a transcript of this evening's sports talk on 105.1fm, but I was helping one of my neighbors. DID manage to call in though and give my squad choice for Saturday as well as raise the Glen absence issue. Was a nice discussion. For those who tuned in, you realise NO 2 people had the same team? One CONSTANT from the callers AND panel though - Stern on the bench!!! And yuh check how Collin Murray waited until everybody gave their's before naming his?

Patriot out

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Latas
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 09:18:32 PM »
Patriot what was your squad choice?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 12:48:40 PM »
Don't forget the interview today in 2 hours.  4:45 pm

www.i955fm.com

Live Stream  (free)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 01:54:32 PM »
The consesus is Stern on the bench. lol

I hope beenie taking notes  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:31:16 PM »

--------------------------------Jack-------------------------------------

------------------------Sancho------Andrews-----------------------
Spann---------------------Birchall----------------------------Avery
-----------Edwards-----Latapy----------Whittley----------------
------------------------Yorke---------Sealey------------------------

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 02:41:20 PM »
Nice squad Patriot, but do you think Edwards could last... He has been injured for so long and I don't think he has played a full game for a long time..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »
Fellas Got the inside scoop that Joel Villafana is supposed to be interviewing Latas at 4:45 PM EST(ASSUMING THE FLIGHT ON TIME LOL)Foreign-based can follow on www.i955fm.com

Well true to form de Bwee flight left London an hour and a half late.  Interview will be around 5:45pm

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »

Well true to form de Bwee flight left London an hour and a half late.  Interview will be around 5:45pm

dats sad u know if europe dey call wen it was bwia : But Will It Arrive

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »
De man on I95.5fm sennin people down to de Oval on Saturday.

Dem fellas is serious band wagonnist wee.

De woman even correck he and all and he still insissin on sennin people to de Oval.

And he vex sayin people doh support de team enough and he eh even know whey de game playin.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 03:24:16 PM »
DO OVAL YES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH :devil: :devil: :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »
so wa happen in d interview????????????       help a man out

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 04:40:38 PM »
The reception kept cutting off but he was just answering basic questions about fitness, why he came back etc. Also he said if we don't pick up at least 4 points in these 2 games he probably not coming back for the last 2 matches.  To me that doh make sense because we still could come 4th even if we lose to Costa Rica.

Also Jack made some announcements about the tickets but I didn't hear it.  Maybe they drop the price or something?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:43:09 PM by arrow »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 04:43:30 PM »
thanks arrow    ne uda fellas dat hear d ting clear cuz my reception was like shit   post wat d man say an ting

i buy my tickets 2day so i wonder if he drop d price cuz i pay my 200 for covered

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
wat latapy said in his interview?
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 05:49:20 PM »
clear up plz?  ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 06:10:51 PM by Tallman »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 06:26:49 PM »
like nobody does watch TV6 news in Trini again?  I sure they must be show the interview there

All I hear was Jack saying something about a special gift to celebrate independence and the return of Latas and making the game available to the average man in Toco and Mayaro....

Offline Oz

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 08:06:16 PM »
I believe Jack was urging people to come out and support the team, but I think I picked up something about the game being carried live on TV.

I guess that was the Mayaro and Toco part.....to enable everyone in TnT to see the game. 

Papers tomorrow will confirm I guess.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 08:27:38 PM »
Who de hell is Joel Villafana? If is de same fella ah used to know who used to fraid going to P.E. in school... and now he interviewing Latas!!! Ah hope is not de same man dat was in skywalker class. De teacher used to call him fatboy. One day he get vex and call he fadda and de teacher from Tobago buss he fadda ass right dey in front of everybody. Dat was in Form 1.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 07:32:59 AM »
Also he said if we don't pick up at least 4 points in these 2 games he probably not coming back for the last 2 matches. 

DOES THIS NOT BOTHER PEOPLE??!! read that line over again to yourself and think about how sad that is. we're going backwards. what happened to the no man is greater than the team and that you are here to battle for your country all the time, and not when you feel like.
he is essentially saying he will only play for tnt if they goin to the world cup. i feel sorry for guys like whitley and wolfe, and edwards, spann, etc... when i read that line.
Hart for president

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 07:41:38 AM »
Also he said if we don't pick up at least 4 points in these 2 games he probably not coming back for the last 2 matches. 

DOES THIS NOT BOTHER PEOPLE??!! read that line over again to yourself and think about how sad that is. we're going backwards. what happened to the no man is greater than the team and that you are here to battle for your country all the time, and not when you feel like.
he is essentially saying he will only play for tnt if they goin to the world cup. i feel sorry for guys like whitley and wolfe, and edwards, spann, etc... when i read that line.

no comment

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 07:45:52 AM »

dis squad lookin nice
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 08:19:58 AM »
no comment

Eh...I with maxg on this one.  No comment.

Leave it alone till after these next two games...it eh go do any good now.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 08:37:11 AM »

dis squad lookin nice

This is a good template.

It recognizes the need to put Spann as a right wing back who showed in Connecticut good defensive qualities to handle any speedy leftwingers. He shows responsibility in that position,does not panic in a crowd of players and passes off the ball intelligently. (Occasionally holds on to the ball too long in danger zones (midfield habit)). Overall, this lessens our vulnerability with Gray and Atiba against the crafty Guats.

Sancho is appropriately at center back and not on the wing where his lack of some pace would be exposed against the 1-2 passing Guats. I was pleased with him when I saw him at Connecticut. Lawrence's absence and replacement by Sancho may be a blessing in disguise as Lawrence may have some vulnerability against these players who keep the ball on the ground rather than in the air.

Yes, Avery on the left but he has to stay back and not venture too far up the flank.

Whitley and Carlos will have to really run their hearts out tracking back to help Avery and Spann respectively to double team their wingers.

Some worries about Birchall in that sort of sweeper/Jamerson position.  Showing alot of defensive fight lately. That is good. Has nice on the ground passes but has a tendency to cause a turn over every now and then in a crowded field and when done so deep in defense, that could be disastrous.  So one may say switch him with Whitley. Well, Whitley could handle the job as he has done but he has more attacking and skills to offer as Patriot's plan suggests. So I will go along nervously.

THe rest is fine. I had been thinking of Yorke as a high attacking midfield giving Stern a shot but I will concede to pushing Yorke up (now that Latas is behind him and Yorke is match fit now).  By not having Yorke in midfield we are able to pack the midfeld with another player with defensive contribution. Remember, tactically the players can shift as the need arises.  I believe Yorke understands this which is why he personally asked to be kept as midfielder after the USA game.  However that was before Latas agreed to come on board. Keep Yorke as captain.

Jack has proven himself and is blocking everything in sight. His crossball weakness might not be exploited as much against Guatemala.  I still worry about his ball distributon weakness. It is a factor in our lack of ball possession and adds up. Shaka has that aspect down pact.  Shaka will have to play in Costa Rica most likely. But we will see.

Sealy is ready and bursting with confidence. Has some of the Glenn breakaway speed and will relish the many poaching opportunities provided by the enriched midfield and expected shots/rebounds.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>