March 28, 2024, 06:40:58 PM

Author Topic: Hi & Carlos still injured.  (Read 4550 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Hi & Carlos still injured.
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:19:42 AM »
Hi all,

Been reading the board for quite a while sunderland fan and joined so I could add my two penneth worth to any safc related threads.

Still no good news on Carlos

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14154

Carlos gets special treatment

By Nick Alexander.

Injured Sunderland winger Carlos Edwards is being put in an oxygen tent to boost his fitness.

Edwards, who is recovering from a broken leg, is in the middle of a five-day course in London.

The special tent helps speed up injury recovery time and has been used by players such as David Beckham and Wayne Rooney.

Edwards is also scheduled to get treatment in Paris as Sunderland look to get their midfielder back in action.

Roy Keane, the manager, explained: "Carlos' recovery is slower than we would have hoped for but remember he has a broken leg. He is some weeks away [from a comeback] at the moment.

"He has been been out [training] but he's still feeling it. He's a fairly tough lad and his straight running is fine, but he's not 100 per cent happy with it.

"Carlos will go in the oxygen tent for five days - mind he does get out! You are only allowed in it for three hours a day."

Edwards has been limited to just five appearances this season.

"We're trying to think outside the box in terms of his recovery," said Keane. We're hoping to send him to see someone in Paris next week, a lad I know. It's been frustrating and we want him to get back up to speed.

"Remember he did break his leg, it's not as if he broke his toe-nail. It's still a fracture and sometimes they take longer to heal."

Also thought this was quite ammusing off SAFC.
Keane demands top show from Jones
By Nick Alexander.

Roy Keane will demand a top performance from Kenwyne Jones against Wigan tomorrow.

Jones is not due back on Wearside until this afternoon after playing for Trinidad and Tobago on Wednesday night.

Keane reluctantly agreed to let his top striker make the 10,000-mile round trip to the Caribbean for the midweek friendly against Guaduloupe.

And the Sunderland boss will not listen to any excuses about fatigue when Jones lines up against the Latics in a vital game at the Stadium of Light..

"Of course you worry that the travel will affect him but Kenwyne knows he's got to perform," said Keane.

"He was selected for his country and you have to be fair to these players ... but they have to be fair to the club as well.

"He's played the full 90 minutes [against Guaduloupe] and then he's getting on a flight. Put it this way, he needs to put in a good shift tomorrow.

"We have to help with the travel arrangements. If we left it to them [the T&T FA], I think he'd be on a ferry. Him and Stern [John] are paddling at the moment. We make sure Kenwyne is upgraded and that he's got a bed to sleep on."

Jones, Sunderland's top scorer, played for 90 minutes in a 0-0 friendly draw in Port of Spain.

Keane added: "It was only a friendly and I know he's got another one in March - in the middle of a busy period for us. He might miss that one!

"They [the players] argue that we shouldn't treat Trinidad any different to the lads going to play for England or Ireland and that's fair enough. When we sign them, we are aware of that. The discussion with Kenwyne was amicable, you can't have it both ways."

Keane added: "I'm hoping the week will have refreshed him, he'll have got a bit of sun on his back. Yorkie used to go back [to the Caribbean] and return like a new man, sometimes it does you good.

"Kenwyne's not back until this afternoon, it's not ideal. We'll consider getting a private jet sorted out for some of these lads, so they come back straight after a game. Maybe lads from different clubs could come back on the same flight."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:39:52 AM by Flex »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hi & Carlos still injured
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 06:24:33 AM »
Welcome KEV...

mama....how Keano know bout TTFF boy.....jezan
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 06:29:12 AM »
Welcome Kev.... :beermug:

Carlos boy like yuh shoulda come home and leh we organise yuh wid a good bush bath..... ;D

"We have to help with the travel arrangements. If we left it to them [the T&T FA], I think he'd be on a ferry. "

Jackula & Co. reputation preceeding dem now.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:30:09 AM »
i like the initative to not leave it up to the TTFF and make sure the man in first class stretching his legs.
as for private jet, wheeey sah!!

not sure how i feel bout the joke bout him and stern in a ferry paddeling to get back, prolly cause if left to the TTFF it could actually happen.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Hi & Carlos still injured.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 06:50:41 AM »
So, potentially no Carlos or Kenwyne against Jamaica.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 06:51:06 AM »
Keane added: "It was only a friendly and I know he's got another one in March - in the middle of a busy period for us. He might miss that one!

He want Jones to miss the Jamaica match?  Yuh mad!  Jack might hadda call FIFA in on this one.
Doh worry Keane, we taking Edwards too

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 07:08:09 AM »
i think the statemnet was kinda belittling

and the private jet i sure he wanna put up with the other clubs in europe to get all trinis back one time

and did he really mention stern in the extract or was that put in for kicks?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 07:17:39 AM »
Thanks for the welcome lads

Don't think it was meant as belittling, its just RK's sense of humour sure he had his only little smirk on when he said it. 

You can  catch his prematch interviews here http://www.itvlocal.com/tynetees/sport its the local TV channel and has player interviews etc on.

As for the March friendly, I think the club can refuse and considering where we are on our current injuries I wouldn't expect any of the trio to turn up.

Carlos is a worry though, he hasn't played much this year and not yet adjusted to the prem, if we survive I expect a few more new faces especially defence and midfield and carlos might find his premiership chance passed him by.  Thats if we survive, but the football gods aren't being kind with injuries.  Miller is out that means we have 1 poor proper mf player for tommorrow.  might play a couple of the bairns.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:41:05 AM »
so does this mean that jones was upgraded to 1st class while stern was left to paddle across the atlantic?

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 09:09:14 AM »
Well if they don't make it for the Jamacia clash what about BIRCHIE, WHITLEY, SEALY, SAMUELS, SCOTLAND to take up the slack?

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:44:47 AM »
Roy Keane is funny as hell.

I don't think we necessarily need Jones for the next friendly.
We could go with Scotland and Stern up front.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
"We have to help with the travel arrangements. If we left it to them [the T&T FA], I think he'd be on a ferry. Him and Stern [John] are paddling at the moment. We make sure Kenwyne is upgraded and that he's got a bed to sleep on."

I take it this means they flew economy. If thats the case, I'd like to know if TTFF fly everywhere on economy. I'd guess they don't, which means they totally have no respect for atheletes or the commitments to their clubs. If Kenwyne is refused permission for Jamaica, one of the main reasons will be the lack of respect shown by TTFF towards the players club. They should have flown him First Class.  Its not about being pampered, its about maintaining freshness.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 11:50:47 AM »
i kinda lost here but what kinda oxygen tent is this? and why yuh only stay for a max of 3hrs?

I might want tuh look into this kinda oxygen  ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
i kinda lost here but what kinda oxygen tent is this? and why yuh only stay for a max of 3hrs?

You kidding right ? this is the 21st century brother, you think is monkey trinidad where they pay players peanuts to ply their trade. it's europe ! and those ppl don't play with nothing! they take every thing serious and that includes sports! especially football.  shame on you chinee boi, i expect better from you.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »

You kidding right ? this is the 21st century brother, you think is monkey trinidad backward Trinidad,  where they pay players peanuts to ply their trade. it's europe ! and those ppl don't play with nothing! they take every thing serious and that includes sports! especially football.  shame on you chinee boi, i expect better from you.
If you don't mind I made it sound a little civil. ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 04:24:29 PM »

You kidding right ? this is the 21st century brother, you think is monkey trinidad backward Trinidad,  where they pay players peanuts to ply their trade. it's europe ! and those ppl don't play with nothing! they take every thing serious and that includes sports! especially football.  shame on you chinee boi, i expect better from you.
Well excuse me for speaking the truth. when T&T ppl start standing up for themselves, and stop letting dunce ass greedy corrupt ppl run the place however they want, then you could up grade to backward, but for now it's monkey until further notice. and yes i do mind!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 04:33:21 PM »

Well excuse me for speaking the truth. when T&T ppl start standing up for themselves, and stop letting dunce ass greedy corrupt ppl run the place however they want, then you could up grade to backward, but for now it's monkey until further notice. and yes i do mind!
I never had no argument with you, I don't want one either, I would like to apologise to you  for adjusting your thread but I can't. Monkeys don't know how to accept an apology, after all you are from Trinidad right?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »

I never had no argument with you, I don't want one either, I would like to apologise to you for adjusting your thread but I can't. Monkeys don't know how to accept an apology, after all you are from Trinidad right?
I never wanted any with you either and still don't. as far as apologies go, non needed, just plain talk! it better suit my style. and as for the monkey phrase, i guess they don't understand metaphors either, go figure.  TRINI( monkey) airman

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 04:51:28 PM »

Don't think it was meant as belittling, its just RK's sense of humour sure he had his only little smirk on when he said it. 

You can  catch his prematch interviews here http://www.itvlocal.com/tynetees/sport its the local TV channel and has player interviews etc on.

As for the March friendly, I think the club can refuse and considering where we are on our current injuries I wouldn't expect any of the trio to turn up.

Carlos is a worry though, he hasn't played much this year and not yet adjusted to the prem, if we survive I expect a few more new faces especially defence and midfield and carlos might find his premiership chance passed him by.  Thats if we survive, but the football gods aren't being kind with injuries.  Miller is out that means we have 1 poor proper mf player for tommorrow.  might play a couple of the bairns.
Welcome Kev, keep us updated with Carlos's injury. What do you think of Yorke's midfield role at Sunderland?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 05:14:20 PM »
I dont 'tthink KJ has to be at that JA game. Our problem is mid field and defence. Pacho has to resolved the mid-field issue as soon as possible. TT playing just like S'land. Only one set of air ball. Pacho have to get the local squad up and running now. Jack "tee-tee-vay" with the blacklist for 2 yrs. Now is the time to work with them guys. The pro-league probably starting in the next 3 months. This is enough time to get the locals up to par. Jack has money. Let him use it. Take the locals Colombia and work with them.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »
Welcome 2 d best site in d world
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 11:03:20 PM »
lawd ah post ah little joke and man real serious....boy no wonder i doh really post that much no more

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2008, 02:03:17 AM »

Welcome Kev, keep us updated with Carlos's injury. What do you think of Yorke's midfield role at Sunderland?

Thanks

DY much to my surprise I have to admit has done a good job for us in midfield in the prem.  His football brain is still quick but I don't think his body is as quick.  He needs an extra second or two on the ball now.  That is fine against some of the teams but he gets caught out against pressing teams.  Nothing against him, its just nature his age catching up with him as it does with us all.  We missed him badly last week, and he hasn't been helped by our midfielders this year lack of a bit of skill,passing ability and bite missing CE and KR has been a big loss to a squad thats thin on quality.

If we survive I would expect us to strengthen the mf quite a bit and can't see him that involved next season just because of age really.  If he wants to play regularly I would expect him to move, unless we are relegated.  He is a mate of RK and sunderland have a history of looking after players so he might wind up in some coaching job or some scouting role ala John Barnes.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 02:18:45 AM »
lawd ah post ah little joke and man real serious....boy no wonder i doh really post that much no more

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It ent you. The question is why he answer it so
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 04:23:20 AM »
Chinee boi if i came accross harsh forgive the I. I man didn't mean it that way, and real talk , i thought the man was serious about the question. my fault, i took it the wrong way .             positive.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »
losing liam miller is a big blow also....one one the best technical players at  SLand
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
Chinee boi if i came accross harsh forgive the I. I man didn't mean it that way, and real talk , i thought the man was serious about the question. my fault, i took it the wrong way .             positive.

yuh forgiven :D

small ting man

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 09:05:05 AM »

Thanks

DY much to my surprise I have to admit has done a good job for us in midfield in the prem.  His football brain is still quick but I don't think his body is as quick.  He needs an extra second or two on the ball now.  That is fine against some of the teams but he gets caught out against pressing teams.  Nothing against him, its just nature his age catching up with him as it does with us all.  We missed him badly last week, and he hasn't been helped by our midfielders this year lack of a bit of skill,passing ability and bite missing CE and KR has been a big loss to a squad thats thin on quality.

If we survive I would expect us to strengthen the mf quite a bit and can't see him that involved next season just because of age really.  If he wants to play regularly I would expect him to move, unless we are relegated.  He is a mate of RK and sunderland have a history of looking after players so he might wind up in some coaching job or some scouting role ala John Barnes.

Sound sentiments ... I feel the same

1]; } ?>