June 16, 2024, 06:43:07 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation.  (Read 13500 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Observation.
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »
Dear Forumites,

The good news and one of the positives from today's game is that we did not lose. 0-0.

This game had to be the most painful TT game I have ever witnessed and while I may be christened the prophet of doom and gloom, the ultimate pessimist etc. I cannot sugar coat the abysmal performance that was on display today.

Man was sleeping on theyself in the stand after paying $150.

Imagine we have regressed from 0-0 with Sweden to 0-0 with Guadeloupe at home. Imagine the Digicel Cup matches with a total local team played a higher level and better brand of ball than the group that was assembled today.

I sure them fellas went and wine on people in Tobago and the good locals play mess for spite and fake injury so they could get dropped to jam people for Carnival. They have no way possible a side in camp could play so poorly.

The afternoon started with a trek to Harvards to purchase tickets for the game. You had to know which stand you wanted and each one was individually sold. Dos Santos, Constantine, KFC, etc. The WN faithful opted for Dos Santos lower deck and they stretched out the banner for all to see. TI, Weary, Patriot, Jah Goal, Reaper, Girl Warrior, Pardners, brownsugar  and Myself were there and I am sure all present would have rather spent the 150$ on something else than watch the training session on the field.

AFter the anthems were sung and the teams were greeted by I think the president. Kick off was under way.

TT lined up in a 4-4-2.

Not sure of the starting lineup but Stern has lost quite a bit of weight. The man is so thin he was unrecognisable at first but he looking healthy and was a bit more mobile than usual.

Kenwyne was his strike partner. The middle was Samuel, a Number 6 who was playing decent to his limitations, Theobold and Spann.

The back was Telesford, Powers and two others.

Ince as Keeper.

The cricket pitch was green and slippery. It seemed as if they wet the field and it did not help the players as they fell at inopportune times. However our opponents walked with proper footwear and did not fall as much.

Folks the positives were the following....

Ince saved us and was MOM pulling off some big saves and denying 1v1 opportunites. He tipped a freekick around the post and claimed everyball, cross and shot that came his way. No fumble no spill.

Kenwyne showed what England did for him.

and ....

dais it.

They had a youth who came on with good touch and skill..number 19 in the last 10 min. He showed a lil something but I was real disappointed with the others on display.

Silvio has shown why he cannot make a Wrexham side and should not be selected for TT any time soon. Too casual, laid back, error prone, injury prone and lost the ball regularly.

Theobald play a new level of pile today. TI sit right next to me see with he own eye and admit he partner play shit. My assessment of him in previous reports...not being able to dictate the play, make a proper pass under pressure, win a ball in midfield etc...Denzil just let the side down.The crowd and start to call for sub after 5 min and Theobald father move from where he was sitting due to the level of heckle he son get on the field.

Why I am a bit harsh on these two is that these were WC players. Germany players...WCQ players and yet they performed or looked no better than a PFL bench warmer on Tobago United.

All Colin Samuel have is speed and no brain. 

The back 4.....were a hot mess.

Imagine two man going for the same ball under no pressure, clashing and the loose ball trickling to a fwd who 1v1 with our keeper while they on the ground.

They quarreling with themselves, not taking instructions, they making bad pass and they playing wrong and strong and arguing. Man mistrapping in the 18, falling down, ball watching. It was poor.

At the half the captain got subbed (stern) the entire midfield besides the number 6 got subbed. and one defender.

The new defender a number 3 green green. He tried and played the best to his ability and fought a good fight.

Tinto came on and ran his heart out but was ineffective.

Oliver was immediately a crowd favourite with his first few moves and dummies. People started saying give Fari the ball. But after 5 minutes the man expired. He was a bit slow in getting to the ball and was knocked off on occasion. Also he was short on confidence, getting into good shooting positions and passing the opportunity. But then poor passing and indecision let him down.

The best sub was a number 19. The fella small and thin but tall and has good awareness and skill. He also has a good football brain making intelligent passes and supporting the play.

Being honest. We have plenty work to do. We have to play plenty more games and get others on board. Dog, Tallest, Avery and Sancho are a must. Cyd, Glenn, Edwards and Birchall must all come back if we dont have them we dont have a CHANCE.

We had no midfield...it was a long ball to Stern or Kenwyne from the keeper only.

The middle not winning a ball, not tackling the defence marking air and we had no playmaker, no bruiser, no work horse...just headless chickens running after the ball coming second.

We did not get any shots on target and about 2-3 attempts from corners.

Also Guadeloupe is not a side. yet they were knocking tha ball around with ease maintaing most of possession and creating chances...some of them being gifts handed to them by our defenders.

I sorry if any of you get vex but in the words of one of our moderators who was at the game..."we lucky if we even beat our first opponent and make the semi final round"

Yes it that bad.

We have plenty work to do and little time to do it. After looking at the JA game on TV just now......UNLESS WE IMPROVE SIGNIFICANTLY WE WILL GET LICKS.

Maturana have plenty work to do.

Till next time.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Observation.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
Thanks bredda was waiting for this all day  ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:31:20 PM »
Touches like yuh vex dis rounds boy....we eh even get ah lil classic memorable touches quote like "he short and stocky like ah ramco gas tank" etc.

Nevertheless, informative as usual....Thanks  :beermug:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »
Besides all de bad play and headless chickens on de field I still find de most disappointing ting was de size of de crowd in de oval. If de fans doh care to watch why de players go care to play, as I see it. De fellas need encouragement.

Imagine Ja have der stadium ram an we have 5000 ppl. an doh tell me is ash Wednesday cause ah sure de beach was pack out. Some times it frustrating to be a Trini. Is like we doh care bout nuttin but party.

Maybe we shud start trowin all inclusive matches ???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:43:46 PM by Trin »

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »
Tks for the update. From your observation it seems that we need a quick fix real soon.

I would say that we need some experience in our midfield, do we have any experience players active in in any of the world big leagues that can help us now ???

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »
If de fans doh care to watch why de players go care to play, as I see it. De fellas need encouragement.
Imagine Ja have der stadium ram an we have 5000 ppl. an doh tell me is ash Wednesday cause ah sure de beach was pack out. Some times it frustrating to be a Trini. Is like we doh care bout nuttin but party.

Listen the TTFF does a poor job at marketing this team as well as football in general. Unless you're an avid fan there is no reason for you to go to a game.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
If de fans doh care to watch why de players go care to play, as I see it. De fellas need encouragement.

Listen the TTFF does a poor job at marketing this team as well as football in general. Unless you're an avid fan there is no reason for you to go to a game.

So true.

But yuh really think we wuda get more ppl der even if it was better marketed.... i duno.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:49:39 PM by Trin »

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »
# 19 skilla
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »
Touches thanks as usual for de report...men still bawling how we have local based who better dan birchall and dem..Yet birchall is a proven ball winner..he scrappy but to me it seems he plays better than de locals jus cuz of how much heart his play has..I really hope tings improve yes
Back in Trini...

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
Bring Back WIM.... he was right  ;D

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »
Well luckily i went for Free as i went in a box...

We were out of sorts and the team still has to gel...

i wouldn't panic...  Touches please take a xanax... you worry way to much...

The field was absolutely horrendous... it was very very dry... and the cut everywhere extremely low so it was dead grass on sand..thats why they were slipping... the pitch was surrounded with green turf which was very slippery...

The pitch killed any chance of us playing our passing game and it affected both teams..particularly ours ...

Jones just came from a Anfield pitch.... to absolute shit...  he must look different

Stern as you said looks sharp as ever and was extremely mobile and expressive..also he was the captain(correct decision..brought out a new side of him)

Hyland was our best player... did his job very well... needs to pass the ball more and get it off faster.. a bit slow reflexes wise..similar to carrick..

I look forward to never playing in the oval again as it was the shittiest crowd and vybe i have ever experienced...

in a way we should be banned from playing at home as we don't deserve to play here.. the stadium is shit.. the fans are shit  except like 100 die hards...

today was the first time in my life i wish we were in jamaica's position(better stadium and crowd..not quality ;) )

Starting line up 2day:

GK: Ince

RB: N.Daniel
CB: O.Telesford
CB: S.Power
LB: A.Edwards

RW: S.Spann(H.Tinto 45')
CM: D.Theobald(M.Oliver 45')
CM: K.Hyland
LW: C.Samuel(K.Daniel 75')

ST: Stern John(C) (J.Scotland 45')
ST: Kenwyne Jones

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:00:47 PM »
when dey go relay de blasted pitch in de stadium. Dey have 2 dog track on de sidelines where de linesmen does run. I eh know how none ah dem eh break dey ankle yet.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »
nothing was wrong with the field til friday....then they run it down with soca monarch....

blame the oval officials...

unless u aint realise...Trini cant have something and maintain it well at all!! $$$ talks!

examples include....the Stadiums that were built for the 2001 youth WC(practice fields as well); the national library, the oval pitch
to follow: brian lara stadium & all purpose facility (unless dey d same ting)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
Just imagine there were/are a bunch of asshole on this site who applauded Wim's departure. One football fool even said Wim would bad talk the local pro league. Was WIm wrong? This man had these local players at least looking competitive. Maturana is past his seel date and try as Jack and Alvin may, Anton aint ready for this big dance.

But JW run tings and as long as that reamins so T&T wil always be a shaky team. OH Lord how long Lord. When will you rid of us of this cancer named JAck Warner? I await my time of rejoicing with Jack's demise.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
Besides all de bad play and headless chickens on de field I still find de most disappointing ting was de size of de crowd in de oval. If de fans doh care to watch why de players go care to play, as I see it. De fellas need encouragement.

me aint care if the stadium empty if the team playing mess on the field.  Is Guadelupe we was playing who really expected a big crowd on Ash Wednesay oh please!!
we dont get big crowd unless its a big team we playing or an important match so complaining bout the crowd size is useless, cause if we dont start to play some ball we wont be playing any big sides or important matches.

i watch some of the Colombia v Uraguay today, the stands did empty, if yuh see ball, and is only two touch ball them men knocking and pace for so. and i repeat the stands was practically empty.

as for the quality of the field, both teams play on the same pitch and kick the same ball.

it early still and the work now start but hopefully we can make some quantum leaps in improvement

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 08:23:09 PM »

me aint care if the stadium empty if the team playing mess on the field.  Is Guadelupe we was playing who really expected a big crowd on Ash Wednesay oh please!!
we dont get big crowd unless its a big team we playing or an important match so complaining bout the crowd size is useless, cause if we dont start to play some ball we wont be playing any big sides or important matches.

i watch some of the Colombia v Uraguay today, the stands did empty, if yuh see ball, and is only two touch ball them men knocking and pace for so. and i repeat the stands was practically empty.

as for the quality of the field, both teams play on the same pitch and kick the same ball.

it early still and the work now start but hopefully we can make some quantum leaps in improvement

Wembley was only a quarter full also... so I eh seeing de point... 5000 is ah good number....

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
But yuh really think we wuda get more ppl der even if it was better marketed.... i duno.

Look at what Jamaica has done, whether intentionally or not, reggaeboyz is a brand and Jamaicans want to be associated with that brand. As it stands right now in TnT there is football ..there is the TTFF and then there are some fans. I believe that the separation between all three purposely  exists  in order for certain people to maintain control.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »

Wembley was only a quarter full also... so I eh seeing de point... 5000 is ah good number....

Im gona have to disagree

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »
Good report man. Thanks a lot. I want to make excuse for them but it is difficult. But as you said in your post, Pacho has lot of work to do with the locals. TTFF should have them training now. It is not football season, so they have no excuse. The special advisor has to allocate funds to bring the locals up to par.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
Any score on the under 15/16 game/
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »
Any score on the under 15/16 game/

Guadeloupe won 3-1... we were outclassed... it was obvious our U16's have not trained together often... they looked like they were just brought together for the game

Britto was captain... he did ok...

The CM #6 blonde guy for Guadeloupe was a real good player

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »
Did we play in the new uniform???

Offline rick titus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
I knew Theobald would not play well. Too slow, too casual. Spann is the same way, and he and Theobald are too soft. The defence is not ready like I've said many times. I knew this would happen. Raise the standard of the domestic league and the players at home will adapt better to international play. I don't understand how people cannot see that the difference in club and international is a significant jump. The team needs the World Cup players to come back. Birchall, Sancho, Yorke, Lawrence, and Cyd Gray. Why was Aurtis Whitley not considered? Not to say that the young players aren't good enough, but they need to introduce them slowly alongside the top players. What happended to Scotland, did he play? He is in great form overseas, so I wonder if he played. What happened to players like Nigel Henry, he is a better defender than all of the guys mentioned in the backline. Wim and Beeni were correct in their assessments, so maybe someone will take notice and do what is right. I personally think that T&T football has too many shit snakes running it for anything to change for the better right away.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 09:04:12 PM »
Informative and entertaining as usual. I real disappointed with that one cause is Guadeloupe we playand could only muster a 0-0. On top of that we lucky too BWDMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially a side that have lil foriegners with a new coach. Men should be trying to impress. ???

We still have lil time...........Mataturannnnnnna have plenty wuk to do!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
I knew Theobald would not play well. Too slow, too casual. Spann is the same way, and he and Theobald are too soft. The defence is not ready like I've said many times. I knew this would happen. Raise the standard of the domestic league and the players at home will adapt better to international play. I don't understand how people cannot see that the difference in club and international is a significant jump. The team needs the World Cup players to come back. Birchall, Sancho, Yorke, Lawrence, and Cyd Gray. Why was Aurtis Whitley not considered? Not to say that the young players aren't good enough, but they need to introduce them slowly alongside the top players. What happended to Scotland, did he play? He is in great form overseas, so I wonder if he played. What happened to players like Nigel Henry, he is a better defender than all of the guys mentioned in the backline. Wim and Beeni were correct in their assessments, so maybe someone will take notice and do what is right. I personally think that T&T football has too many shit snakes running it for anything to change for the better right away.

spann does not even get selct for wrexham he should not even be picked for the national team When wim drew up the list last year he was getting a few games but under brian little he is getting no playing time..... ricky shake play right wing and other kid in france plays on the left ... samuel is out of season
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »
Just imagine there were/are a bunch of asshole on this site who applauded Wim's departure. One football fool even said Wim would bad talk the local pro league. Was WIm wrong? This man had these local players at least looking competitive. Maturana is past his seel date and try as Jack and Alvin may, Anton aint ready for this big dance.

But JW run tings and as long as that reamins so T&T wil always be a shaky team. OH Lord how long Lord. When will you rid of us of this cancer named JAck Warner? I await my time of rejoicing with Jack's demise.

Sub yuh talking ass!    ah feel yuh liming under ah f**king coconut tree drinking rum and lorse yuh damn mental factulties!

De man had one game and jes 2-3 days with de majority ah de starters.  yuh saying he past he sell by date?

What is Wim?  A shit hound asshole who eh givew ha f**k about we ball and now dat c**t gorn!

Bertille and all was better dan Wim..dat dutch c**t!

f**k Wim...he is past he sell by date, in fact he didn't even have one dat f**king counterfeit bastard!

We go improve, and if we doh get some midfield assistance and some defensive help, den not evenm allyuh jesus could save we...and he did raise de dead dey say!

Jack warner do he shit and yuh want tuh blame maturana and praise dat asshole wim.

When wim was bad mouting we U-17 team in Korea none ah allyuh say shit..he is ah piece ah ass droppings!

If Jack did care about we football yuh feel he woulda saddle we with ah rats ass like Wim in de first place?

steups!

wim gorn fella and we better for it, I prefer we get train by one ah dem Horse trainer in Arima dan f**king asshole Wim!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:06:25 PM by truetrini »

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 10:07:19 PM »
in case anyone was wondering, this match is what 1 1/2 years of negative progress look like

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 10:10:34 PM »
in case anyone was wondering, this match is what 1 1/2 years of negative progress look like

what is negative progress?

yuh mean lack of progress ent?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 10:15:51 PM »

ssssh
doh bad talk the locals and quality of the league home, it have men here who go want to run you out of the forum and the country.
regarless of if what you say it true.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »

what is negative progress?

yuh mean lack of progress ent?

dat would be progress in limbo or suspended animation....

1]; } ?>