June 16, 2024, 09:30:37 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Observation.  (Read 13504 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Observation.
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2008, 08:03:41 AM »
Besides all de bad play and headless chickens on de field I still find de most disappointing ting was de size of de crowd in de oval. If de fans doh care to watch why de players go care to play, as I see it. De fellas need encouragement.

Imagine Ja have der stadium ram an we have 5000 ppl. an doh tell me is ash Wednesday cause ah sure de beach was pack out. Some times it frustrating to be a Trini. Is like we doh care bout nuttin but party.

Maybe we shud start trowin all inclusive matches ???

It being Ash Wednesday, a holiday,

RF, Ash Wednesday is NOT a Public Holiday in TnT......

Ok, my bad. come to think of it, I am not sure its a [public holiday in my country either..not sure why I thought it was. Makes it even more pleasing to see 30K fans in Kingston's national stadium. contrast that with 5000 for your game, and it tels that something is not correct with T&T football. Where are ll those fans that turned up for the Bahrain game? You couldnt pull out even half of them?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 08:22:15 AM »
Why are people surprised by Theobalds performace?  I saw that guy play on Ash Wednesday vs USA and i was impressed, it was a steady decline from there on down.  I rate Rahim more then Theo.  To me he was the worst player on the WC squad, yes ever worser than Wise.

I think we see that we need Sancho in that defense, and Birchall in the Middle, plenty practice, plenty warm up games, and plenty prayers.

say what though daiz all part of the journery...SA2010 here we come...hopefully.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:36:53 AM by Mr Mc »

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 08:33:16 AM »
It was real painful to watch that game yesterday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana eh making no joke
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2008, 08:35:57 AM »
I cyah remember d last time Stern get sub...
De last time was against Bahrain in de Hasely.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2008, 08:41:17 AM »
Ent Theobold coming off an injury? I remember reading that he wasn't training with the team in the earlies because he was carrying an injury. Might be an explanation for his performance. Ujpest wouldn't keep him around for fun if he was a rank shithound.

truetrini

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2008, 08:47:22 AM »
Besides all de bad play and headless chickens on de field I still find de most disappointing ting was de size of de crowd in de oval. If de fans doh care to watch why de players go care to play, as I see it. De fellas need encouragement.

Imagine Ja have der stadium ram an we have 5000 ppl. an doh tell me is ash Wednesday cause ah sure de beach was pack out. Some times it frustrating to be a Trini. Is like we doh care bout nuttin but party.

Ok, my bad. come to think of it, I am not sure its a [public holiday in my country either..not sure why I thought it was. Makes it even more pleasing to see 30K fans in Kingston's national stadium. contrast that with 5000 for your game, and it tels that something is not correct with T&T football. Where are ll those fans that turned up for the Bahrain game? You couldnt pull out even half of them?

RF haul yuh arse...unemployment so high in Jamaica allyuh shoulda have 100,000 in dat cow pasture allyuh does call ah stadium!

We had carnival where people were off for 3-4 staright days partying, yuh feel man go take time off fuh football dat eh mean ah ting?

Doh come with de trolling so early, go look for ah more suitable pasture fuh de next home game nah!  Maybe yuh should take ah team man and go clear ah piece ah forest and make ah new pasture fuh de next game????

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2008, 08:51:29 AM »
and our fans are much more of a discerning group than allya as they waiting for the MUCH more important games to play ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2008, 09:18:10 AM »
Ent Theobold coming off an injury? I remember reading that he wasn't training with the team in the earlies because he was carrying an injury. Might be an explanation for his performance. Ujpest wouldn't keep him around for fun if he was a rank shithound.

why not we do.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2008, 09:21:25 AM »

why not we do.
We doh have to pay him, though. Or answer to a board of directors.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »

me aint care if the stadium empty if the team playing mess on the field.  Is Guadelupe we was playing who really expected a big crowd on Ash Wednesay oh please!!
we dont get big crowd unless its a big team we playing or an important match so complaining bout the crowd size is useless, cause if we dont start to play some ball we wont be playing any big sides or important matches.

i watch some of the Colombia v Uraguay today, the stands did empty, if yuh see ball, and is only two touch ball them men knocking and pace for so. and i repeat the stands was practically empty.

as for the quality of the field, both teams play on the same pitch and kick the same ball.

it early still and the work now start but hopefully we can make some quantum leaps in improvement

Wembley was only a quarter full also... so I eh seeing de point... 5000 is ah good number....

asshole... the attendance was 86,857 .... thats like 3000 short of sold out
http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/02/EnglandSwitzerland_RooneyExclusive.htm

Offline Estelle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:02 AM »
D match was real boring.  Ah player score ah six an dat get de most applause. Dem fellas eh look match ready at all .........
Is a long long way tuh South Africa - yuh have tuh have fortitude, belly and plenty moneey!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »

me aint care if the stadium empty if the team playing mess on the field.  Is Guadelupe we was playing who really expected a big crowd on Ash Wednesay oh please!!
we dont get big crowd unless its a big team we playing or an important match so complaining bout the crowd size is useless, cause if we dont start to play some ball we wont be playing any big sides or important matches.

i watch some of the Colombia v Uraguay today, the stands did empty, if yuh see ball, and is only two touch ball them men knocking and pace for so. and i repeat the stands was practically empty.

as for the quality of the field, both teams play on the same pitch and kick the same ball.

it early still and the work now start but hopefully we can make some quantum leaps in improvement

Wembley was only a quarter full also... so I eh seeing de point... 5000 is ah good number....

http://www.thefa.com/England/SeniorTeam/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2008/02/EnglandSwitzerland_RooneyExclusive.htm

ok bigger asshole.

yuh know ah love yuh but lord cheyenne... ease up on de fellahz nuh.

and thanks for the wake up call touches... i see all kinda men sayin tings rel hopeful, but i dont think i could have bought into it after ah nil all draw with guadelupe when we even had some of our big time foreign players... dissapointing to say the least and way morw worrying than hopeful, they hadda geh dey shit together...

i feel it was de carnival too.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »

why not we do.
We doh have to pay him, though. Or answer to a board of directors.

there are match fees that could be going to somebody better.
we the fans are the board of directors and i propose a motion that we blacklist Theobald!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2008, 10:23:37 AM »
On the topic of match fees, could FPATT let us know if the TTFF had to negotiate with the association on match fees or anything else concerning the players for the PR and this game?

If no, what is FPATT's position now where the TTFF is concerned?
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
What's the forum viewpoint on the commentary of the game? One word Unprofessional
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2008, 10:39:45 AM »
yuh know ah love yuh but lord cheyenne...
[size=05pt]wait nuh
big kno bout dis[/size] ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »

ok bigger asshole.

De man see a stadium with 86000 ppl in it and bawl out it quarter full... das a asshole..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2008, 10:43:35 AM »
What's the forum viewpoint on the commentary of the game? One word Unprofessional

Man I had to low down the radio in de office until ah had to turn it off yes...

is de wuss!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »

ok bigger asshole.

De man see a stadium with 86000 ppl in it and bawl out it quarter full... das a asshole..

eh, ah suppose yuh right.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2008, 10:46:12 AM »
Guys, dat is how "The Fearless One" does commentary......and ah eh think he planning to change dat style no time soon......it does get overbearing after a while...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2008, 11:23:29 AM »

It being Ash Wednesday, a holiday, its really shame on the T&T supporters that they couldnt show up to support the likes of Kenwyn Jones. There were 30,000 people in the stadium in Kingston, and this was after the JFF raised entry prices...some people had to fork out US$45 just to get in.
Its hard for players to give their best when they play infront 5000 fans. the fact that your team played in the last world cup makes it even more shocking.

Who tell you Ash Wednesday is a holiday??  Shut yuh ass and stick to what yuh know about nah.  Unless it's a big game Ash Wednesday will always be a tough draw b/c it's the first time in a week that people ent feting...most rather stay home and get some rest.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:31:51 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »
Touches as usual i look forward to your report before i put forward my thoughts and you always live up to my expectations,you give it as you see it,thanks for your observations,one thing i can say is they are consistant with all your previous reports,i hope you continue to give it to us the way you do because it's the best,any how may God bless our Football we need him.  

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008, 11:32:02 AM »

When yuh feel that griping pain in your bowels stay far from the cpu keyboard......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 11:46:55 AM »
When yuh feel that griping pain in your bowels stay far from the cpu keyboard......
Kicker if dis was "Lost ball wins", dat VUP, which is de best today, would do it ;D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 12:06:01 PM »
As I sat at d oval 1 ting came to mind d Jackson's reunion album from d 80's ironicaly titled victory. However, d duet wit Michael and Jermaine was d song 4 d hour. Dat song is TOURTURE.

D money I savin 2 go SA2010 will b used for my cruise if I use it 2 put in d kitchen cupboards dat meh house need.  Because what I saw yday was way pass pathethic.

It was not a total loss I met Palos and TI
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
Well said Touches , I was very much disappointed in what i saw yesterday from germany to now it has been a steady decline we just keep moving backward . With regards to Spann and Theo , Spanns lack of playing time for wrexham showed greatly he needs to find a new club , Theo like playing in hungry is doing more bad than good for him all in all an extremely poor performance with the exception Jones and hyland to some extent

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »
well, I made it to the game, and got to the Dos Santos but went upstairs, to get a good view.  ;D
actually, I didn't see you guys but anyway, we had some noise going on upstairs and I was keeping up some words to the players from up there anyway  :D me and my big mouth..
my take on the team is that we have some individually good players, but what was missing was the team - one good player (or 2) cannot win a game of football. I was so sorry for Kenwyn he got so frustrated by the second half, like he was trying with Oliver to get some plays together, but the rest of the team couldn't read the game at all.
ah well, back to the drawing board- I can say a big 'whew' that it was Ince in the goal- so the sheet was still clean !!!
I like the #3 and 19, and the #6 has so much heart that I hope he gets the encouragement to continue, and they don't drop him too quickly
Of course Stern the poser had to go off at half time and I was really disappointed with the Spann revival- that guy is just not fit...his hamstring was giving him trouble after just 5 minutes on the field-

anyway- till next time..when?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2008, 02:40:27 PM »
 :whew:

When yuh wait so long to respond to a thread like this yuh does have plenty shit to read before yuh get to the end boy.  Jefferz...nice to see you posting again man.

My match report goes something like this...
I came to game and couldn't get something to eat because of the crowd around the only chicken and chips vendor.  The bar was well stocked and it was fairly easy to get a drink, even at half time.
It was nice meeting some of the other forumites and taking in the usual talks from Weary and Patriot.

It was nice to finally meet Palos, also good to see TI again after more than a year.  To those forumites who were present at the game and didn't introduce yourselves when yuh see the others...doh come and say after that "I was there yuh know, but ah didn't come over when ah see allyuh"...we doh bite, everybody welcome, even if is just to introduce yuhself.

After the proceedings on the field, the lime moved to the Bat and Ball restuarant upstairs the Oval.  First time I went there...the place real nice.  Brown Sugar joined us there...she was a bigshot for the game...sitting in some one of them big boy boxes, like Small M.

Apologies...allyuh boy had to juggle heself between the forumites lime and the dougla by the bar  ;D
but it was all good.

Looking forward to the next game !

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »
# 19 keon skilla daniel. i think its time 4 this youngster to be giving the responsibilty of pulling the strings in d middle.

JA game coming up and ah car bump mi gum , have 2 keep quiet. WHat is the world coming to?

the defence , i think we all saw this prolem developing we jus expected the "old" guys 2 return. seems like the defence cupboard is real bare
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2008, 03:34:43 PM »
First chance ah get to see TNT play in the flesh since Sweden and ah get stick waiting to get some after carnival band business done  >:( That said, from the reviews ah hearing, ah might be better off keeping that 150 and buying a authentic finta...

Sorry ah couldn't meet the foreign based though, especially the illustrious TI.

D lime still on?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>