March 29, 2024, 12:10:17 AM

Author Topic: Kelvin Jack Thread  (Read 37037 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin Jack ponders TTFA presidency.
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:34 PM »
What he pondering for?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »
Kelvin Jack: T&T football is in shambles; please resign, David John-Williams!.
By Kelvin Jack (Wired868).

“March is not far away and this disorganisation is unacceptable and quite unprofessional. You give this air of arrogance which is not justified as to date your decisions have inspired zero confidence in yourself and the TTFA…

“Since you took office there has been almost no progress. When will things ever change at the TTFA?”

The following is an open letter to Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams by former Scotland Premier League and World Cup 2006 goalkeeper Kelvin Jack:

Dear Mr David John-Williams,

I am publicly requesting that you step down as President of the TTFA… As you and the Technical Committee ponder who our next manager will be, our opponents in the Hex are busy planning tactics and are almost certainly tranquil in mood.

I have heard that an announcement is imminent. Let’s hope it’s a sensible one. You and the committee decided that a change of manager was needed but it’s the almost laughable process that has dumbfounded me and hundreds of thousands of others.

You removed one manager, which is part of football, but it seems as though there was absolutely no plan in place to appoint someone capable of doing the job. Myself and the fans are awaiting the next appointment. March is not far away and this disorganisation is unacceptable and quite unprofessional. You give this air of arrogance which is not justified as to date your decisions have inspired zero confidence in yourself and the TTFA.

Mr John-Williams, I am not one who will say the politically correct thing. I also have no need to criticise for criticising sake, as the facts are here for all to see. Since you took office there has been almost no progress.

When will things ever change at the TTFA? It must surely be your mission to ensure the TTFA is respected for its professionalism and success. What is the plan? How are you going to make us better?

What tangible programmes are you going to start? Are you working with the Pro League, The Super League, The clubs so that we go forward in unison? What about the youth teams, the future senior players?

Since assuming office, have you presented to the business community and government tangible reasons why they need to invest heavily in football? I would think you probably did but because of your performance thus far I’m not confident in your ability to convince them.

This is quite shambolic and, as someone who would’ve died playing for my country, it’s quite upsetting. I’m not like others who will toe the line because they want a job or want to travel to different places.

You were on radio the other day rambling on and on blaming others. As President, you have not led and if you choose not to resign you must start leading; effectively. This unprofessionalism must cease and the buck stops with you…

Trinidad and Tobago has no God given right to qualify for World Cups but if we do the right things qualifying regularly could be achievable.

Of course my lines are open if you want proper advice, as this shambles is just too much now… Please consider what I’m saying with maturity, as the fans and myself crave professional leadership and a plan for our National Teams.

Respectfully,
Kelvin Jack CM

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2017, 06:31:12 AM »
Sorry Jack, Too little too late. He was just appointed to a FIFA committee , lots of travel and rubbing shoulders with Big wigs , like Mr Warner . Do you really believe that he would give up those perks,
 Thank you for trying and thank you for your passion about our Team . If the new coach could instill that passion , I am sure the results would be an improvement on what we have had lately.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2017, 08:09:38 AM »
Before Kelvin start talking about TTFA presidency, he needs to make sure he has people with financial clout by his side. He needs to form a broad coalition of people in our society. Before he throws his hat is the ring, he must have commitments of 50 million or more to persuade the various groups who vote. the zones, the proleague and the super league. Being a former WC player alone will not sway these group. So if he serious, he has about 2 to 3 years to work on his goals.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Kelvin Jack Thread
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2017, 05:10:47 AM »
Kelvin: We weren’t good enough for Russia; but DJW, players and coach made things worse.
By Kelvin Jack (Wired868).

The final nail was hammered in the Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team’s coffin in Panama.

To be brutally honest we were not good enough administratively, technically or tactically and we lacked the level of discipline required to qualify for a World Cup finals. This is not a new problem and Trinidad and Tobago football will continue to be terribly frustrating if we do not get serious.

This blog will be 25 pages long if I go through the games against Honduras and Panama meticulously. So I will highlight a few defining moments.

(Honduras)

I just couldn’t believe the lack of urgency and the sloppiness in our play. This was a hugely important game and this is when I expect the so called ‘big players’ to set the tone. But we were not sharp in the mind.

After seven minutes, Honduras played a cross into the box and I would expect goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams to gobble that up and set the tone, just be nice and solid. He spilled it, it’s not cleared and Honduras score.

Yes, players make mistakes and I’m sure Jan-Michael would be bitterly disappointed with the role he played in it. Having conceded first and knowing the importance of the game, I expected a reaction.

We had a really good chance to test their keeper with a header from Sheldon Bateau but his effort was poor. I then expected to see us up the tempo. But we looked so disorganised that it beggared belief. Every time Honduras came forward, they looked like scoring and they duly did in the 16th minute. We didn’t do enough to stop Romell Quito’s cross from the left flank and Honduras were 2-0 up in no time.

Honduras were in control and if I’m honest we never looked like we had the desire or know-how to win the game. Of course we scored the penalty but we were inept and deserved nothing from the performance we conjured. It was nothing short of embarrassing.

(Panama)

Another poor performance and I question our focus and concentration here. We had a corner but yet we conceded 20 seconds later. Our defenders were not concentrating; they were watching the game and not switched on to potential danger.

I blame the coach, defenders and goalkeeper. It used to infuriate me when we had a corner and my defenders were just watching the game and not sensing danger. This tells me you are not concentrating and lack focus.

The second goal is also very avoidable. Again we don’t do enough to stop the cross but what I find inexplicable is that Carlyle Mitchell had more than enough time to have his body shape right. Instead he is facing his own goal and is so unaware of his positioning that he heads it in his own net.

It was a technical error that shouldn’t happen at this level, especially when you have enough time to get into a position where you can see the ball and the attacker. We could’ve easily been beaten 5-0 in this game.

I think people need to realise that qualifying for a World Cup finals is no mean feat and needs serious commitment from the players and staff. In 2006, we had a very experienced squad. Players who were playing at a decent level and who had been through a couple World Cup campaigns. We were also very disciplined and had a top coach in Leo Beenhakker.

There was not one incident from the 2006 squad regarding discipline. But yet we had incidents in this squad with Cordell Cato, for instance.

I just cannot understand how a player could not be focused and committed for something as life-changing as World Cup qualification. He let his teammates and the fans down. It should be a lesson learned for the boy.

Our campaign was doomed from the onset and the baffling decisions by David John-Williams also didn’t help. He sacks Stephen Hart and hires Tom Saintfiet. He then undermines Saintfiet publicly and hires Dennis Lawrence, while ignoring Terry Fenwick who was—without question—the best person available to give us a chance of qualifying.

DJW must do better and, if he is not up to the job of getting football organised, he needs to resign. I ask the question: What is his plan? How is he going to structure Trinidad and Tobago football to become a CONCACAF power?

I know what needs to happen for sure and I have extended an olive branch to him. But he obviously thinks he knows what he is doing.

It is almost farcical where we are at the moment but I would warn the die-hard football fans that things may get worse before they improve—unless there are major changes and investment in a structured plan.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »
Ex-TT goalie Jack has eyes on TTFA presidency.
By Renaldo Matadeen (Newsday).

FORMER national goalkeeper Kelvin Jack has revealed he is eyeing the presidency of the TT Football Association (TTFA) when elections are called in November. Jack revealed as much on a social media post to Facebook group, Wired 868 Volley, on Monday, indicating that even if he doesn’t run, he’ll back the candidate he thinks is viable to replace current president, David John-Williams.

Jack described John-Williams’ current tenure as “an absolute nightmare for TT football.” In the post, Jack, who represented the country at the 2006 FIFA World Cup, said, “The damage he has orchestrated and his arrogance defies belief. I know I have publicly criticised him before and on each occasion I’ve always made the point that he needs to take advice from knowledgeable people. I even made it known my lines are open if he ever needed tangible solutions to the many obstacles plaguing TT football.”

Jack has played football locally, ironically for John-Williams’ club, W Connection, as well as San Juan Jabloteh, and he also ran out for English clubs such as Gillingham and Scottish side, Dundee. He believes this wealth of experience as a player and his overall travels could bring something to the fore as he thinks change is needed to improve player and coach relations, and establish financial stability within the organisation.

“Over the last year, I have been in talks with various stakeholders in TT about becoming the TTFA president or supporting a driven individual in doing so. I believe, without question, I have the necessary tools, passion, know how, discipline and professionalism to effect lasting and tangible change. The potential in our football is vast and untapped... the hole we are in really bothers me... it depresses me at times.

I love my country with an unrelenting passion,” Jack continued.

His intent comes on the heels of several issues permeating throughout the TTFA at this moment, including the association’s bank account being frozen due to unpaid wages in a tiff with the national fustal team. The TT Football Referees Association (TTFRA) vice-president Osmond Downer has also questioned the recent election of Richard Quan Chan and Anthony Moore as vice-presidents of the TTFA, replacing Joanne Salazar and Allan Warner. To rub salt in the TTFA’s wounds, Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh, in the High Court, ordered the body to make all its financial information, including details of the controversial Home of Football project in Couva, available to board member and TT Super League president Keith Look Loy this month in a bid to ensure transparency and accountability has been adhered to – which the current president has remained adamant has been the case.

“It is time DJW leaves and I mean, he should resign now, today.. I will keep all posted as to my attempts to run for office or support a great candidate in doing so,” Jack concluded.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kelvin Jack eager to support in various capacities
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »
Kelvin Jack eager to support in various capacities
TTFA Media

Newly appointed head of goalkeeping for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Kelvin Jack says he’s delighted to be returning to his native land with the responsibility of contributing to the development of the game here, moreso the goalkeepers at all levels.

Jack was appointed an assistant coach to the Senior Men’s Team under head coach Terry Fenwick and assistant Derek King and will also serve as goalkeeper coach for the senior team. He currently holds a UEFA B coaching license and a UEFA A Goalkeeping coaching license.

“I’m delighted to be involved in Trinidad and Tobago football,” Jack told TTFA Media on Saturday.

“I believe I can be a huge influence on goalkeepers in Trinidad and Tobago. my goal is to improve every goalkeeper I work with. I am excited to work with the other goalkeeping coaches within the national set-up.”Jack continued.

The former San Juan Jabloteh and Gillingham goalkeeper emphasised the influence of discipline and a business-like approach to the preparations.

“I believe in hard work, discipline and professionalism and I hope these attributes would have a positive influence on the players. I love my country and everyone who knows me are aware of my passion and my attention to detail,” he said.

Jack also played under Fenwick at Jabloteh, adding, “I’m also looking forward to my role as an assistant coach as I believe I can support the gaffer in any capacity he wants me to. I’m looking forward to teaming up with him and Trinidad and Tobago are lucky to have him.

“I’m a winner so ultimately I hope my winning mentality would rub off in the players.”

The 43-year-old Jack lined up with W Connection, Doc’s Khelwalaas and Jabloteh before moving to Reading FC in England in 2004, later moving to Dundee in Scotland and Gillingham before ending his playing career at Kettering Town in 2012.

Jack played in T&T’s final 2006 World Cup group encounter against Paraguay and was a mainstay between the uprights during the final round of 2006 CONCACAF World Cup qualifying.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Goalkeeping Coach Kelvin Jack talks on a variety of topics including his role in national football, improving the quality of T&T players, the current impasse between the TTFA and FIFA, and his future plans.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nn6y4VbGpFA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nn6y4VbGpFA</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 05, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »
Former Gillingham and Trinidad & Tobago World Cup goalkeeper Kelvin Jack is coaching at Dover Athletic
By Craig Tucker (KentOnine)

It’s time Dover’s “under-the-radar” goalkeeper coach got some credit, according to Nicky Southall.

Whites appointed former Trinidad & Tobago keeper Kelvin Jack to replace Lee Worgan in the summer but he’s stayed in the background.

Assistant boss Southall says Jack, who went to the 2006 World Cup, is doing a fine job at Crabble as part of a management team that was recently completed by ex-Aston Villa defender Liam Ridgewell.

The ex-Gillingham goalkeeper, 44, has been on board since the start of the season.

“We lost Lee Worgan and needed to replace him,” said Southall.

“He’s someone we knew well, he’s local, living in Sittingbourne, and he ticks a lot of boxes.

“He’s been fantastic for the keepers we have.

"He’s played at the World Cup and you can’t pass up opportunities to get that level of experience at your club. You’ve got to grab it and he’s been brilliant for us.

“Nothing’s really been mentioned about him. He came in pre-season, a bit under the radar, and I just thought it would be nice to give him a bit of recognition for the job he’s doing.

“With Liam coming in as well, we’ve got a lot of experience in our management team.

“We just want to see the fruits of our labour and get a few wins to give everyone a lift.”

Jack was with Dundee when he went to the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Injury meant he sat out the first two games, a goalless draw with Sweden and a 2-0 defeat by England.

But he regained his place from Shaka Hislop for the final group match, as Trinidad bowed out with a 2-0 defeat against Paraguay.

He played for Gillingham between 2006 and 2008 and also had a spell in non-league with Maidstone.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goalkeeping coach Kelvin Jack joins Fenwick
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2021, 04:56:33 PM »
Goalkeeping coach Kelvin Jack joins Fenwick
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

National coach Terry Fenwick is set to receive some much-needed help, at least in the goalkeeping department, from the goalkeeper coach for all the national teams Kelvin Jack soon.

Jack was among a number of coaches who received contracts under the William Wallace-led T&T Football Association but has not worked a day on the job due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic which has affected sports action in various ways worldwide.

However, the resumption of play internationally, coupled with permission granted for national teams to resume preparation for international competition by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley in November, has left Fenwick almost semi-paralysed in the preparation of his goalkeepers ahead of the FIFA/CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers which kicks off with an opening match against Guyana on March 25th in the Dominican Republic.

Chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee Robert Hadad revealed recently that Jack, a member of the T&T team that played in the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany, is set to return home to help out, but he (Hadad) faces a contentious issue with the coach's salary for the time he has not been here.

"He is making his way back to Trinidad and Tobago, he is going to meet up with the team in the Dominican Republic, return home with the team, do the quarantine with them and then he will be back here thereafter," Hadad explained.

Jack has missed more than a year on the job with the team and has been talking to Hadad to sort out a payment plan for him during the time he has been at home in England. According to Hadad: "He and I have already been talking about the fact that he hasn't really been here for 14 months of his contract, so should I pay him for the 14 months, or did you really try to come home?"

He noted further: "So that will be up in the air, that's another contentious issue just like everything else, there are a lot of contentious issues and some of these guys see things through one-way lenses. Legally, legitimately we have to pay him, so I have to reach out to some part of him, the emotional and sympathetic side."

Jack, who has always spoken out on the ills of T&T football, was rightfully given a position as goalkeeper coach on the senior national team, alongside head coach Fenwick, his assistant Derek King who is also Under-20 team coach, then manager Basil Thompson, equipment manager Michael Williams and trainer Oswin Birchwood. Jack will double as goalkeeper coach for the other teams.

The team has been without a goalkeeping coach for the past months and it showed in a 0-7 drubbing by the United States in an international friendly encounter in Orlando Florida, USA on January 31.

The team warmed up for the Guyana match with a convincing 4-1 victory over T&T Pro League campaigners Police FC on Friday at the hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. T&T win came courtesy of a double strike by Sean Bonval and a goal apiece from Duane Muckette and Brent Sam.

On Monday, Fenwick's men will continue their preparations with a clash with Defence Force.

Jack could also be a welcome asset to the team in dealing with conflict resolution, amidst rumours that some players are opposed to the coaching methods of the coach (Fenwick), among other reported issues.

Thompson, the previous manager of the team is said to have been replaced by Adrian Romain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2021, 05:05:08 PM »
In 2020/1, he didn't have to be there physically to accomplish part of his responsibilities. There's a little heard of device with a keyboard.

But aside from that, who the heck is drafting these contracts?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 03:58:51 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2021, 06:30:14 PM »
WATCH TTFA Media Officer Shaun Fuentes in conversation with Kelvin Jack, T&T Men's National Team assistant/goalkeeper coach.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ktvST2uYRac" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ktvST2uYRac</a>

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2021, 04:42:49 AM »
 As a player, in my opinion, this player turned coach never exluded overwhelming confidence. From the article and interview, it apeears that his commitment is more like he is doing TF a favour rather than bringing a passionate desire to parlay some skills and knowledge to the team.
if already we are learning g that he had issues with money then that is ah red flag. Need more red white and black to complete the picture for me

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coaches concerned about goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack's overlapping roles
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Coaches concerned about goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack's overlapping roles
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Discussions to treat with the possible overlapping by goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack with different national teams, will begin when a joint press conference of the Unified Football Coaches of T&T (UFCTT) and the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee is held sometime soon.

Both groups have been working together to solve the issue of non-payment of salaries to national coaches and other staff members, as well as stipends for local players training with the national team.

Jefferson George, interim president of the UFCTT said on Wednesday that they do not want to put anything out to the public until its members are sure that payment has been made. Payment was expected yesterday.

However, on the issue of Jack, a former national goalkeeper who was given the responsibility of goalkeeping coach for all the national teams, George said this discussion will begin soon. The issue of Jack being used for different teams which could eventually lead to a clash of responsibilities was raised by the UFCTT's Public Relation's Officer (PRO) Angus Eve, who responded to a Guardian Media Sports report that highlighted the concerns of coaches in the Women's Football League (WoLF) over the appointment of Richard Hood and Dernelle Mascall as assistant coaches of the Senior Women's team.

WoLF interim president Kenrick Hoyte called for transparency in the selection process and noted that all coaches, including those in the WoLF should have been given a fair chance to apply for the assistant positions.

Eve said on Sunday that the UFCTT agrees with the WoLF, adding that Jack who is an excellent coach, can be found over-lapping with different teams.

George said: "Kelvin is a member of the UFCTT and we didn't have time to speak to him on that, so what we will have to do is just like the issue with the coaches who were appointed without a fair process. We would want to have some discussions again about the process before getting into any details.

Things like the calendar, what type of schedule the women's team has and what schedule the men's team has, and these are things that need to be considered and I don't know if that process was followed, but again, that is more in line with the best practice and would also give both teams, the best opportunity to be prepared."

According to George: "These are some of the things that we will address where the process is concerned. We had in the past under several administrations, where you had one goalkeeper coach, one trainer, or sometimes one equipment manager working with several teams, and we think that if we are to really concentrate on preparing the teams in the best way possible, that is sometimes asking too much of one coach."

Jack is currently with the T&T senior team in Nassau Bahamas ahead of a World Cup qualifying match against that country on Saturday.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NC investigates ‘row’ between Jack and Griffith III before The Bahamas WCQ (Video included)
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

The Fifa-appointed normalisation committee has requested a report into a row between Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team assistant coach Kelvin Jack and 18-year-old player Gary Griffith III, which occurred just hours before their World Cup qualifying outing against The Bahamas on Saturday 5 June.

Jack, the 45-year-old 2006 World Cup goalkeeper and former Scotland Premier League player, criticised Griffith III—the son of Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith—on Saturday morning for his behaviour the previous night when the player refused to attend a team bonding exercise in Nassau.

The rookie player, according to eyewitnesses, reacted angrily to the admonition and began taping the exchange, which he since released to unnamed persons back in Trinidad and Tobago.

Wired868 has not seen the tape, although team manager Adrian Romain confirmed that the normalisation committee is looking into it.

“A report has been requested by the normalisation committee, and that is as much as I can relay at this point in time,” Romain told Wired868. “Also the team is focused on finishing this campaign on a high.”

Jack, who has joint assistant coach and goalkeeper coach duties for the men’s team and was recently announced as goalkeeper coach for the Women’s National Senior Team, declined comment—for now.

“Right now, I have a huge game to prepare for and a sick mother in Couva with Covid to think about,” said Jack. “But I will absolutely comment at the right time.”

Trinidad and Tobago play their final World Cup qualifier against St Kitts and Nevis from 5pm tomorrow at the Estadio Felix Sanchez in Santo Domingo. However, the Warriors have no chance of advancing to the next stage, as the ‘Sugar Boyz’ are already four points clear atop Group F.

The normalisation committee, which replaced the board of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), is chaired by Robert Hadad and also includes Judy Daniel, Nigel Romano, and Trevor Nicholas Gomez.

The exchange between player and assistant coach followed a remarkable outburst by the police commissioner on Friday night, when he publicly vowed to stop assisting the TTFA due, he claimed, to questions from Trinidad Express investigative journalist Denyse Renne regarding his relationship with Soca Warriors head coach Terry Fenwick.

Earlier that day, Fenwick informed his son that he was not included in the 22-man squad to face the Bahamas and would be one of three standbys.

Griffith, an avid sport fan and former domestic top flight hockey player, has been a patron of the TTFA for at least the last eight years. However, his level of involvement with the current Soca Warriors team—with his son in the player pool—is so high that he was even a member of the coaching staff’s WhatsApp group.

The police commissioner left the WhatsApp group on Friday while his son also, allegedly, expressed his frustration at missing out on selection to face the Bahamas by returning to his room after dinner and refusing invitations to rejoin his teammates for a bonding exercise.

On Saturday morning, Griffith III apologised to his teammates for his behaviour. However, as the team assembled for breakfast, Jack was not prepared to leave it there.

“Jack told him: ‘you are very disrespectful and you should not be eating with the team, you disrespected the staff and your teammates’,” said one eyewitness, on condition of anonymity. “And Gary [Griffith III] replied: ‘wam to you boy?’ And he took out his phone and started taping him.

“Jack went on telling him that he can go ahead and tape and send it to his father and that his father can’t do him anything, because he has more influence in Trinidad football than his father.”

Fenwick, according to eyewitnesses, did not publicly address Griffith III’s behaviour but said only that he would speak to the teenager privately.

Wired868 asked Fenwick for his view on the exchange between Jack and Griffith III and whether he supported the actions of his assistant coach. The website also asked Fenwick and Griffith whether the police commissioner was a member of the national team technical staff’s WhatsApp group and, if so, for what reason.

Neither Fenwick nor Griffith responded by the time of publication.

An eyewitness claimed several players expressed gratitude to Jack for his actions, although that could not be confirmed. However, one person close to Griffith III described Jack’s criticism of the young man as ‘an aggressive rant’ and claimed the coach ‘put his hand in [Griffith III’s] face’—although that source is in Trinidad at present and was not at the hotel in Nassau.

Hadad and his colleagues disbanded all of the TTFA’s standing committees since 2020, including the technical committee and disciplinary committee, which leaves their quartet as the sole arbitrators within the local game—although none of the four officials had any meaningful involvement in football before their Fifa appointments.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 02:12:21 PM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick the "disciplinarian" should have sent the boy home, instead his mate's son gets a pass.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fenwick the "disciplinarian" should have sent the boy home, instead his mate's son gets a pass.

What did GG III told Jack to get him so pissed off.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA to investigate Jack vs Griffith III feud
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

ROBERT Hadad, chairman of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee, which conducts the affairs of the TT Football Association (TTFA), said on Monday that his group will be investigating an alleged incident involving national men’s team goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack and uncapped T&T player Gary Griffith III, which took place at the team’s camp in Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday morning.

T&T drew 0-0 with the hosts Bahamas hours later, at the Thomas Robinson Stadium, Nassau, a result which saw them eliminated from a chance to advance to the second round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone qualifiers.

Hadad, in an interview on Monday evening, said, “I don’t have any details on it as yet. I don’t know what happened. We are investigating, though, the issue.”

Asked if this incident will may see Griffith III facing punishment by the team’s management ahead of Tuesday’s qualifier against St Kitts/Nevis, at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Hadad replied, “That is the coach’s decision. I’m not there and I can’t (dictate) to the coach (Terry Fenwick).

“I don’t know what his intention is,” he added. “But we know of something (that happened) and we will be investigating.”

Hadad, who said he is awaiting a report from team manager Adrian Romain, said, “Let me get the analysis because we have to interview everybody, who were witnesses, before we can find out exactly (what to do).”

He added, “I cannot comment on exactly what happened until I see the report. I don’t know what has taken place.”

Watch Video Clip

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA to investigate Jack vs Griffith III feud
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

ROBERT Hadad, chairman of the FIFA-appointed normalisation committee, which conducts the affairs of the TT Football Association (TTFA), said on Monday that his group will be investigating an alleged incident involving national men’s team goalkeeper coach Kelvin Jack and uncapped T&T player Gary Griffith III, which took place at the team’s camp in Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday morning.

T&T drew 0-0 with the hosts Bahamas hours later, at the Thomas Robinson Stadium, Nassau, a result which saw them eliminated from a chance to advance to the second round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone qualifiers.

Hadad, in an interview on Monday evening, said, “I don’t have any details on it as yet. I don’t know what happened. We are investigating, though, the issue.”

Asked if this incident will may see Griffith III facing punishment by the team’s management ahead of Tuesday’s qualifier against St Kitts/Nevis, at Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Hadad replied, “That is the coach’s decision. I’m not there and I can’t (dictate) to the coach (Terry Fenwick).

“I don’t know what his intention is,” he added. “But we know of something (that happened) and we will be investigating.”

Hadad, who said he is awaiting a report from team manager Adrian Romain, said, “Let me get the analysis because we have to interview everybody, who were witnesses, before we can find out exactly (what to do).”

He added, “I cannot comment on exactly what happened until I see the report. I don’t know what has taken place.”

Watch Video Clip

Deflection for the piles ah manure we drop down- now we go make a big deal of an alleged incident- pure frackers. How much did not impact the game out come?
Let we start ta
King about plans moving forward

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 08, 2021, 08:37:21 AM »
From the minute I saw the headlines I knew right away whom the article came from. In all honesty though does this journalist feller ever has any good positive news to share? It is extremely rare that this bloke has anything refreshing and brimming with optimism to inspire the public, in fact 95% of the times his content is all about bacchanal confusion and a mark to buss. I hope that these jokers in TT don’t isolate this lad, especially if he has something good to offer.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2021, 09:45:32 AM »
From the minute I saw the headlines I knew right away whom the article came from. In all honesty though does this journalist feller ever has any good positive news to share? It is extremely rare that this bloke has anything refreshing and brimming with optimism to inspire the public, in fact 95% of the times his content is all about bacchanal confusion and a mark to buss. I hope that these jokers in TT don’t isolate this lad, especially if he has something good to offer.

You're correct: He has a wide cast of minstrels on his payroll and they are well-rewarded for acting out whatever malicious script he crafts for them week to week in the interest of sowing confusion. Sometimes he conjures up the wickedest lies, doesn't he?  ::)

I take it you're not fond of the public's right to know.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 09:48:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I think it was reported that GG got the hump about not being in the squad for Bahamas, so refused to turn up to a team bonding thing and/or training.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2021, 05:48:17 AM »

I think it was reported that GG got the hump about not being in the squad for Bahamas, so refused to turn up to a team bonding thing and/or training.

I bet he not even good enough to be there in the first place !!!!!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2021, 09:37:03 AM »

lay off the lad, this happens in football all the time and the only reason it’s news worthy is because of who his father is. in football players fight, they quarrel, they insult their managers and coaching staff, they break curfew, and get high before a game and all the other bullshit that goes along with being young and dumb. I’m sorry but this is not news, at least not to me.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2021, 12:46:01 PM »

lay off the lad, this happens in football all the time and the only reason it’s news worthy is because of who his father is. in football players fight, they quarrel, they insult their managers and coaching staff, they break curfew, and get high before a game and all the other bullshit that goes along with being young and dumb. I’m sorry but this is not news, at least not to me.

To be fair it's news because GG III decided to whine about it on social media and post a recording of it.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »
But where was the coach, and why didn't he address the obvious undisciplined action (missing player (s)) from any team exercise. The disciplinarian that he is. Why was Jack having to do it, in a public setting? Did Jack draw the short straw ? Why talk of 'lack of fear' and 'respect'. I thought our coach was high on these things.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 10, 2021, 10:35:41 AM »

Could almost say the same for Wired's content

it's just that there are VERY few ppl who give insight into the situation surrounding the national program and the administration ongoings as well
so we forced to take it with a bag of salt if we have any real interest in the sport.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2021, 03:29:17 AM »
Axed Jack pens farewell letter to T&T staff, players.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Recently axed national senior men’s football team goalkeeper coach and former T&T World Cup goalkeeper Kelvin Jack has penned a farewell letter thanking his fellow technical staff members and players for their support during his stint.

His letter comes in the midst of the senior national team’s failure to advance past the opening round of the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers, as well as a public row in the team camp in which he was involved in a heated war of words with Gary Griffith III, the son of Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith, ahead of the Bahamas match, that ended in a goalless draw.

Jack, the man between the posts during the country’s 2006 World Cup campaign, was recruited in January last year under the William Wallace-led United T&T Football Association as the goalkeeper coach for all the national teams, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic, he could not take up duty, being stashed away at home in England while the country’s borders were closed.

However, Robert Hadad, chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee, brought him back to join the team in March ahead of the team’s matches with Guyana and Puerto Rico, which ended in 3-0 win for T&T and a 1-1, respectively.

Jack, respected across T&T and England for his knowledge of the games, and in particular goalkeeping, found it troublesome to get along with sacked T&T coach Terry Fenwick. And as he stood up against, what he considered to be indiscipline by junior players, it appeared to have cost him his job.

Prior to Jack’s return home, former England international Fenwick worked almost semi-paralysed in the preparation of his goalkeepers.

Jack, who has always spoken out on the ills of T&T football, was rightfully given his job alongside Fenwick, the head coach, Derek King, assistant coach who was also Under-20 coach, then manager Basil Thompson, equipment manager Michael Williams and trainer Oswin Birchwood.

In spite of his short stay, Jack was thankful, saying: “I would like to take the time to thank the fans for their incredible support during my short tenure as an assistant and goalkeeping coach of the senior national football team. The hundreds of messages of support were truly humbling. I want to thank the members of staff for making me feel so welcomed from my first day on the job. To the players- I thank you for the respect and absolute commitment you displayed. Please never give up.

"Although the ultimate mission was not achieved, be sure to know that I gave my absolute best everyday in my role. I go away with my head held high knowing that my love and passion for my country is even stronger; it’s infinite.

He ended: I love you guys and I’m sure this story is only on pause. I will be supporting you guys from afar.”

Following the early exit from World Cup qualification in a group that consisted of Caribbean minnows Puerto Rico as well, there were calls for Fenwick to be fired.

But shockingly on June 11, the FIFA appointed Normalisation Committee (NC) of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) issued a press release stating that assistant coach King and goalkeeper coach Jack were fired from their positions and were in the process of finalising severance while discussions were still ongoing with Fenwick, who appointed in December 2019, was eventually shown the door a few days later as well.

The TTFA, in a press release, said the association's current financial situation also threatens its ability to pay the coaches the salaries they were committed to.

While noting that they met with King and Jack and came to a mutual agreement for separation, the NC thanked both men for their work, what it describes as their professionalism and sincere understanding, and wished them all the best for their future endeavours.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2021, 08:27:02 AM »
Long live Kelvin Jack: one item he got absolutely correct was deploying Frenderup vs Puerto Rico.

There had been an expectation of firework revelations instead of the Thank You, but he's taken a different route.

All good, he had to suffer through the fiasco up close. Lesson learned.

1]; } ?>