April 26, 2024, 04:22:38 PM

Author Topic: England gets a boost from Warner  (Read 2986 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
England gets a boost from Warner
« on: February 08, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »
England gets a boost from Warner
Saturday, February 9
Trinidad Guardian

ENGLAND has received a major boost to its 2018 World Cup chances after influential Fifa vice-president Jack Warner hailed the Football Association as the most-respected association in the world.

Warner’s latest remarks also open the way to a friendly between England and T&T on June 1 in the West Indies.

The FA had wanted Warner, the head of Caribbean football, to redress comments he made last year about England being “an irritant” to Europe and having had no impact in world football.

Warner now says while European football figures do denigrate England, in the rest of the world the FA’s international development work has reaped huge dividends.

He also claims that without his active support, former FA chairman Geoff Thompson would not have been elected as a fellow Fifa vice-president.

On their side, the FA is keen to hold the friendly in the West Indies on June 1 because Warner, the president of the Concacaf federation, is a very important Fifa figure in terms of the 2018 World Cup bid.

The match would also be part of the centenary celebrations of the country’s football federation (T&TFF), and would fit in with England manager Fabio Capello’s plans.

Warner said: “I am certain that nobody of relevance within the FA believes that Jack Warner is England’s enemy. The opposite is true.

“What I did say in a BBC radio interview last year, was nothing but the reproduction of opinions and background whispers offered by false friends in Europe.

“Numerous European football grandees have often made derogatory remarks about England in the past. What I did was merely to state them and share them with the public at large.

“Unfortunately, it was subsequently construed to be ‘Jack Warner’s opinion’, simply because it was I who had voiced what others—behind England’s back—were and are saying in Europe.

“I emphasise ‘Europe’ because the FA, under Geoff Thompson’s leadership, and ever since (the failed bid for the World Cup in) 2006 has changed course in international terms and stepped up its international development programme to a level unmatched by any other FA in the world.

“The FA is probably the most respected football association in Europe in the eyes of virtually all countries within Concacaf, Asia, Africa and South America.”

Warner is a vital figure in terms of the 2018 campaign however—he directly controls three of the 24 Fifa executive committee votes and has a strong influence over four more. He is also a strong backer of Fifa president Sepp Blatter.

Warner was also instrumental in securing Thompson the seat as Britain’s Fifa vice-president. Scottish FA president John McBeth was about to take the post last May, only to be forced to withdraw after suggesting African and Caribbean associations were tainted by corruption and greed.

Warner added: “To assume that I had a personal grudge against England is incorrect. Frankly, without my active support, there still would not be an Englishman in Fifa’s executive committee today: I encouraged Geoff to take on the responsibility of Fifa vice-president after that deplorable Scot McBeth lashed out against virtually anything non-British in a reprehensible way.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: England gets a boost from Warner
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:27:18 PM »
ENGLAND has received a major boost to its 2018 World Cup chances after influential Fifa vice-president Jack Warner hailed the Football Association as the most-respected association in the world.
Yesterday was yesterday
Today is Today

see TEFLON, DAT is teflon
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 09:33:04 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »
Suck up JW style
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 09:51:29 PM »
Yesterday was yesterday
Today is Today

see TEFLON, DAT is teflon
the man is ah DON
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
Bosso.., yuh right, the man is a DON. TT football DON(E) too.

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:40 PM »
jack gets what jack wants
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
You cant help but marvel at this man
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »
The man quite rightly cleared up the air about certain statements he made.  He has every right to make people understand that he was misunderstood.  Happens all the time.

What Mr. Warner eh telling allyuh is de importance ah de England game to he and he wallet.

1.  T.V. rights.....he controlling dat.
2.  Ticket sales....he controlling dat.
3.  Ego..............he make England, like Korea, Japan, and S. Africa before dem, kiss he bamsee.
4.  solidify he hold wthin CONCACAF.....which other footballing jefe before Jack ever accomplish dat?
5.  $$$$$ from sales of trinkets, jersees etc.
6.  Sponsorship money.....yuh know every bitch and he brother want in on that game..He controlling dat!
7.  Political leverage.....He get england tuh come here.....props tuh Warner..he and Panday go be in ha box together..if dey still talking den!
8.   Jack getting real proaganda mileage fuh dis coup....he is ah big dog, but he have ah big brain too!

add yuh own here:

jack is ah damn wonder yes, he is an absolute genius, ah evil genius but ah genius anyway yuh look at it.
Look how dis little black boy, with no money, from little Trinidad, on a school teacher salary build he self an empire.  And he have major say in odder people empires too!

Jack have de English FA licking he boomsee cuz dey want he support to host ah World Cup.  I know dem Englishmen eh like dat at all. But dey have no choice in de matter...alyuh want World Cup. look Jack bending over dey....do what yuh have tuh do.  Politics in football nastier dan governmental politics boy.  If it wasn't fuh jack warner, is no way in hell dem even considering little T&T.

And if it wasn't big dollars involved, Jack coulda give ah shit about England and dey World Cup aspirations...de man do ah 180 on de comments yes....lol

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 12:29:01 AM »
all you say there TT is hard facts of life
.......and to make matters worst he does rub players noses in de dirt when they want proper treatment....no need at all for that kind of treatment.
De man have endless money, so his stingyness is plain GREED...I sure he could quadruple his match fee for the guadeloupe game and it would NOT affect his bottom line.......he real learnt good from de colonialist
GREED
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 12:36:08 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 03:11:05 AM »
Jack is a BORSE! Fyah cyah bun him.

In truth this man is absolutely and totally lacking the moral considerations of the normal man. He on a totally diffferent metaphysical space.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 03:22:44 AM »
Jack is a BORSE! Fyah cyah bun him.

In truth this man is absolutely and totally lacking the moral considerations of the normal man. He on a totally diffferent metaphysical space.

Nah yuh talking about most politicians dey.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 03:34:25 AM »
Breds most politicians cyah tief money regular regular and then beat up the English FA AND THEN come out like a fresh pressed suit.

Ah almost proud ah de man yes! :mackdaddy: :notworthy:

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 06:28:34 AM »
what stadium we playing dat game>>,,,dey better fix dat HCS turf fast...yuh know england and dey crix metarsal...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 07:38:37 AM »
Until the players get their deserved reward, Jack could haul he ass as far as I am concerned.
Is one thing to thief from the corruption within the game, but when yuh start thiefing from the players that sweat for dem living. Fuc# you
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 07:53:35 AM »
Until the players get their deserved reward, Jack could haul he ass as far as I am concerned.
Is one thing to thief from the corruption within the game, but when yuh start thiefing from the players that sweat for dem living. Fuc# you

I doh feel anyone endorsing Jack nah breds...me eh feel so at all.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 08:19:49 AM »

......and de congregation say AMEN!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »
Breds most politicians cyah tief money regular regular and then beat up the English FA AND THEN come out like a fresh pressed suit.

Ah almost proud ah de man yes! :mackdaddy: :notworthy:

Yah mustn pray to the devil jed . But it does look like this was he plan that he orchestrating,from the start .Is like f**king up a girl you like ,till she go out with you .

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
England get boost from Warner
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »
England get boost from Warner

Saturday, February 9th 2008 EXPRESS

England have received a major boost to their chances of hosting the 2018 World Cup after FIFA vice-president Jack Warner hailed the English Football Association (FA) as the most-respected in the world.

Warner's latest remarks also open the way to a friendly between England and Trinidad and Tobago on June 1 in Trinidad.

The FA had wanted Warner, also head of the Caribbean Football Union, to redress comments he made last year about England being "an irritant" to Europe and having had no impact in world football.

Warner now says while European football figures do denigrate England, in the rest of the world the FA's international development work has reaped huge dividends.

He also claims that without his active support, former FA chairman Geoff Thompson would not have been elected as a fellow FIFA vice-president.

On their side, the FA are keen to hold the friendly in Trinidad on June 1 as Warner, president of CONCACAF, is a very important FIFA figure in terms of the 2018 World Cup bid.

The match would also be part of the centenary celebrations of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) and would fit in with England manager Fabio Capello's plans.

"I am certain that nobody of relevance within the FA believes that Jack Warner is England's enemy. The opposite is true," Warner said yesterday.

"What I did say in a BBC radio interview last year was nothing but the reproduction of opinions and background whispers offered by false friends in Europe."Numerous European football grandees have often made derogatory remarks about England in the past. What I did was merely to state them and share them with the public at large.

"Unfortunately, it was subsequently construed to be 'Jack Warner's opinion', simply because it was I who had voiced what others--behind England's back-- were and are saying in Europe.

"I emphasise 'Europe' because the FA, under Geoff Thompson's leadership, and ever since [the failed bid for the World Cup in] 2006 has changed course in international terms and stepped up its international development programme to a level unmatched by any other FA in the world.

"The FA is probably the most respected football association in Europe in the eyes of virtually all countries within CONCACAF, Asia, Africa and South America."

Warner is a vital figure in terms of the 2018 campaign-he directly controls three of the 24 FIFA executive committee votes and has a strong influence over four more. He is also a strong backer of FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

Warner was also instrumental in securing Thompson the seat as Britain's FIFA vice-president. Scottish FA president John McBeth was about to take the post last May, only to be forced to withdraw after suggesting African and Caribbean associations were tainted by corruption and greed. Warner added: "To assume that I had a personal grudge against England is incorrect. Frankly, without my active support, there still would not be an Englishman in FIFA's executive committee today. I encouraged Geoff to take on the responsibility of FIFA vice-president after that deplorable Scot McBeth lashed out against virtually anything non-British in a reprehensible way.

"One must not forget that for decades, there was no Englishman in any body of relevance at UEFA or FIFA levels. For 17 years, your Home Countries were represented by a Scot, and only when Geoff Thompson with his quiet yet professional and dedicated ways offered to play an active role, UEFA and later FIFA accepted an Englishman in their most senior ranks."

Warner said a friendly with England would be "fabulous".

"The T&TFF, having been formed by English settlers in 1908, has come a long way since then.

"If England were to play our twin-island nation's team to celebrate 100 years of football history, it would be a fabulous sign of recognition and a sound continuation of a positive experience that was actively built by the FA over the past few years.

"Therefore, and when the timing is appropriate, I will be happy to outline the fine achievements of the FA in international development, with or without a game being played between our countries in honour of our 100-year birthday."

Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England get boost from Warner
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »
scroll down for 5 seconds.... you will see the same thread  :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"