April 28, 2024, 11:52:47 PM

Author Topic: Densill to leave hungary.  (Read 16097 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Densill to leave hungary.
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 08:14:11 PM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 11:12:39 PM »
turkey has a decent league plus with the fans they have, games have a really good atmosphere. hopefully he get sign to one of de powerhouse teams such as fenerbahce, galatasaray or besiktas.

He not good enough to make dem team.  Plain talk!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2008, 05:26:30 AM »
Worse yet, what if he end up with a second div. team in Turkey?  :o

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 05:46:55 AM »
All de best bleeder. Once yuh getting a sweat at a decent standard.....take it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 08:53:19 AM »
turkey has a decent league plus with the fans they have, games have a really good atmosphere. hopefully he get sign to one of de powerhouse teams such as fenerbahce, galatasaray or besiktas.

He not good enough to make dem team. Plain talk!
Tenorsaw....you ever make any team in yuh life?  steuppes.....talking bout de man aint good enough to make dem team...If yuh was ah footballer yuh could ah respect good football and recognize men who have ability...but like yuh is ah regular bandwagon "when we win - celebrate" jokey fan..  I does never understand all yuh nah.....steuppes

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 10:07:21 AM »
Bleedah featuring in the TT pro League soon ;)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »
sometimes i is feel the whole class of 06 blight.

jones and edwards (when not injured) is de only players who careers seem to progress.

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 11:40:26 AM »
For any professional and especially one from your country to be playing abroad and not getting paid is really terrible...and I honestly feel bad for densil not getting wages fro over 2 months....is that club in an extremely poor financial state? Speaking the truff i know nothing about his now prior club. The only thing i can comment on is the information im aware of...prior to World Cup 2006 i have never seen Theobold play for Trinidad in a game when we have all our overseas players available..including Latapy and Yoke...However he started every game in Germany and based on game footage that i still have and have watched several times...Densil wasnt impressive at all....he hustles for the ball as should any midfielder...but other than that I saw alot of ball watching...he was continually looking around to make sure he was positioned right and often he wasnt ...... his passing was not consistent at all...hes not physically overwhelming....and doesnt possess blistering pace......to be quite honest im still trying to figure out the tactical advantage of having him there in all 3 games. Its obvious he has alot of fans in this forum and Trinidad....and personally I like him...for his hard working attitude...but looking at his previous stint at Falkirk where he couldnt even make the bench and then left.....it way be wise to assume his best days were in SSFL....its not uncommon for a player to be excellent and peak in their early teens and 20's only to fall off by the time they hit 25....After Falkirk he came back to trinidad and was with a pro team...left again for Hungary...and now seems to be interested in Turkey...PPL have opinions....facts tend to point to what the truff really is....I think ppl should look at the facts surrounding Densil and remove any emotional inclination...and the facts is...Densil is not good enough for the highest level....im not even sure if he is good enough for our pro league...I think his better days have passed him allready...If anyone would like to debate me on this issue im up for the challenge...i wanna know what has Densil done prior to 2006...HONESTLY... I dont know?

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 12:34:52 PM »
Good stuff Truff. Hope whoever debate yuh have some kinda facts to back dey points cause I see it like u see it. Lesser players could find a way to star in SSFL but at a higher level u start getting exposed if yuh doh have de entire package.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 12:37:30 PM »
For any professional and especially one from your country to be playing abroad and not getting paid is really terrible...and I honestly feel bad for densil not getting wages fro over 2 months....is that club in an extremely poor financial state? Speaking the truff i know nothing about his now prior club. The only thing i can comment on is the information im aware of...prior to World Cup 2006 i have never seen Theobold play for Trinidad in a game when we have all our overseas players available..including Latapy and Yoke...However he started every game in Germany and based on game footage that i still have and have watched several times...Densil wasnt impressive at all....he hustles for the ball as should any midfielder...but other than that I saw alot of ball watching...he was continually looking around to make sure he was positioned right and often he wasnt ...... his passing was not consistent at all...hes not physically overwhelming....and doesnt possess blistering pace......to be quite honest im still trying to figure out the tactical advantage of having him there in all 3 games. Its obvious he has alot of fans in this forum and Trinidad....and personally I like him...for his hard working attitude...but looking at his previous stint at Falkirk where he couldnt even make the bench and then left.....it way be wise to assume his best days were in SSFL....its not uncommon for a player to be excellent and peak in their early teens and 20's only to fall off by the time they hit 25....After Falkirk he came back to trinidad and was with a pro team...left again for Hungary...and now seems to be interested in Turkey...PPL have opinions....facts tend to point to what the truff really is....I think ppl should look at the facts surrounding Densil and remove any emotional inclination...and the facts is...Densil is not good enough for the highest level....im not even sure if he is good enough for our pro league...I think his better days have passed him allready...If anyone would like to debate me on this issue im up for the challenge...i wanna know what has Densil done prior to 2006...HONESTLY... I dont know?
Truff....with all due respect brodder......yuh almost sound like yuh knew what yuh was talking bout until yuh start to type longer......I realise dat you is jes like de res ah jokey supporters who jes look at de world cup and listen to lil news after dat to see who reach where or who playing for who...  If yuh was ah real fan yuh would ah be following all TnT football and yuh might have been able to see de Gold Cup last year....."Yes it did have ah tournament last year dat TnT play in"...so doh come here talking bout yuh watch de man in de 3 lil games on de biggest stage in de world where Dwight and all was nervous....Try to get clips ah de Gold cup where Densil was de skipper, and look at his leadership on de field and his overall game den yuh will eat dem words yuh jes state.  You sounding like after de world cup all football does stop for you...odderwise yuh would ah never talk dat pack ah chupidness.....Anyways dis is not to put yuh on blast, but think before yuh post brodder

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »
but kiffy you talking that like de man shine big time in gold cup..

he ent do nutten special.. and as the only senior A team player in that squad you wouldve expected him to do something outstanding..

He ent even shine out in de Digicel cup..

steups..

As a matter of fact, come to think of it i have never seen Theobald play an outstanding game.. most times when he plays, he hovers between average and below average.. Now and then an above average game against lower competition. But no performance to make anyone sit up and take notice.. Some might say in that position (defensive mid) its hard to notice, but i look at yorke, reynold carrington and nakhid in that role before him and they have had some excellent games there..

Not saying he dont have potential, because he has a decent touch and a good work rate but he seems not to be going the extra mile to excel, and at his age the simple fact is that he is fast approaching his sell by date..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 01:05:30 PM »
Kiffy I backing the Truff.

Since you are a Denzil fan answer this question for me.

What game besides the second half sub appearance vs the USA in the oval did Denzil look good and against what opposition?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
Kiffy,
This make mih realise yuh support for Densil bordering on "TI/Hardest" itis, after all ah eh know how ah player who won MOM against Sweden could be called nervous..... ???

biggest stage in de world where Dwight and all was nervous....

The Truff....doh worry is not you alone....I still wondering why he on de side after all this time....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »
Truff....with all due respect brodder......yuh almost sound like yuh knew what yuh was talking bout until yuh start to type longer......I realise dat you is jes like de res ah jokey supporters who jes look at de world cup and listen to lil news after dat to see who reach where or who playing for who...  If yuh was ah real fan yuh would ah be following all TnT football and yuh might have been able to see de Gold Cup last year....."Yes it did have ah tournament last year dat TnT play in"...so doh come here talking bout yuh watch de man in de 3 lil games on de biggest stage in de world where Dwight and all was nervous....Try to get clips ah de Gold cup where Densil was de skipper, and look at his leadership on de field and his overall game den yuh will eat dem words yuh jes state.  You sounding like after de world cup all football does stop for you...odderwise yuh would ah never talk dat pack ah chupidness.....Anyways dis is not to put yuh on blast, but think before yuh post brodder

i didnt see any of the Gold Cup games, so I am asking, did Densil play well in those games?

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »

What game besides the second half sub appearance vs the USA in the oval did Denzil look good and against what opposition?

Touches I know your question was directed to someone else, but ah have a two cents to contribute.

I saw Denzil play live in Foxboro (MA, USA) against Guatemala in the last Gold Cup. Not 100% sure but I believe he was the captain for that game, what I am 100% sure about is that dat boy gave 150% of himself in that game. I was down in the front seating near the field and I could see dee man veins popping up on his head from effort and work rate. Up until then I was NOT a Denzil fan, but after seeing his effort level up close and the way he Marshalled our players on set plays and in general, I have to give the man nuff respect.

The effort of the team in the second half on the whole was impressive and deserved of the equalizing goal.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »

Touches I know your question was directed to someone else, but ah have a two cents to contribute.

I saw Denzil play live in Foxboro (MA, USA) against Guatemala in the last Gold Cup. Not 100% sure but I believe he was the captain for that game, what I am 100% sure about is that dat boy gave 150% of himself in that game. I was down in the front seating near the field and I could see dee man veins popping up on his head from effort and work rate. Up until then I was NOT a Denzil fan, but after seeing his effort level up close and the way he Marshalled our players on set plays and in general, I have to give the man nuff respect.

The effort of the team in the second half on the whole was impressive and deserved of the equalizing goal.

So Touches, there you have it, a total of 1 outstanding game against Guatemala other than the 2nd half appearance vs USA in the Oval.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 02:01:39 PM »

so he gets an A for effort in that game, what about
first Touch
passing,
vision
movement off the ball
movement with the ball
etc

playing hard and playing well is two different things. This is noe PeeWee football were everybody gets to sweat and a pat on the back for trying, men want to know if he up to standard.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »
Phensic,  I don't think anybody questions his work rate.

Is just that he has an ordinary quality about him.....it's like he can't seem to step his game up to a next level even after having gone to a WC and captain a side through the Digicel Cup and the Gold Cup and been playing long before all that.  I honestly tend to forget he's even on the field at times even though he's in de midfield, de engine room....

And I think you may have inadvertently agreed with Omar....he performs good one game and then in another...yuh just want to forget he on de field......he obviously could play some football.....but....but....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »
Thats why we debate ppl..so that we can come to some truff on the issues... I did indeed see the Gold Cup last yr..and the pun injected into my statements was that Densil doesnt do anything outstanding...and Kiffy i have seen all Trinidad football...actually i played for Eldo in 1996 in the boycott season when the teachers had the work to rule..played for St Francis College NY in 1999 only to have my leg broken in pratice by goalie Mikel Peters from CIC....played against Marlon Minguel out of Trinity...a guy called Adrian Narine (super player) who never wnet to high school but was from my home town Bon Air...played against Scott Sealy...Irasto knights...lyndon chuby Andrews,....Tiger Fitzpatrick...Marco Elock...trained with Stern John Jason Scotland...i can go on and on...But the point here is that im not new to football...the truff will be 30 this november and my life is football....the truff has played football at every level and for the record the best Trinidad team i have seen....excluding the strike squad...was our 1996 Gold Cup squad...you remember that team Kiffy? If you do tell me is it possible for Theobold to even make the practice squad from the power team we had then...my point is this,...remove any emotional inclination you may have in regards to Densil..and all im saying is that his better days have past....he is  not good enough...thats all...with all respect to Latapy and Falkirk....he cant even make a lesser team in the SPFL...so how can he be our midfield general? Lets deal with the facts and maybe we can put this issue to rest...so now Kiffy...give me some stats on Densil from the last concluded Gold Cup if possible...and Trinidad's final standing in the group?......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 02:22:32 PM »
THETRUFF he is the best we have if corneal does not call back birchall
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:29:55 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »
Thats why we debate ppl..so that we can come to some truff on the issues... I did indeed see the Gold Cup last yr..and the pun injected into my statements was that Densil doesnt do anything outstanding...and Kiffy i have seen all Trinidad football...actually i played for Eldo in 1996 in the boycott season when the teachers had the work to rule..played for St Francis College NY in 1999 only to have my leg broken in pratice by goalie Mikel Peters from CIC....played against Marlon Minguel out of Trinity...a guy called Adrian Narine (super player) who never wnet to high school but was from my home town Bon Air...played against Scott Sealy...Irasto knights...lyndon chuby Andrews,....Tiger Fitzpatrick...Marco Elock...trained with Stern John Jason Scotland...i can go on and on...But the point here is that im not new to football...the truff will be 30 this november and my life is football....the truff has played football at every level and for the record the best Trinidad team i have seen....excluding the strike squad...was our 1996 Gold Cup squad...you remember that team Kiffy? If you do tell me is it possible for Theobold to even make the practice squad from the power team we had then...my point is this,...remove any emotional inclination you may have in regards to Densil..and all im saying is that his better days have past....he is  not good enough...thats all...with all respect to Latapy and Falkirk....he cant even make a lesser team in the SPFL...so how can he be our midfield general? Lets deal with the facts and maybe we can put this issue to rest...so now Kiffy...give me some stats on Densil from the last concluded Gold Cup if possible...and Trinidad's final standing in the group?......

ah boy kiffy call out the man and he lay out his resume and pedigree!!
not to show of bt to show that he know what of he speeaks, at least by experience.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »
Look ...yuh see me.. I done yes...cause is like ah fighting ah losing battle with all yuh...Men bawling is only de Guatemala game he look good in de gold cup.  De man look good throughout de entire Gold cup....like nobody didn't remember how Wim rate up de man...steuppes.  Even with de digicel cup with he and hardest in de middle, de man was having good games all den....But ah guess digicel is small tournament so all yuh overlook dat.  And yes meh brodder who was in de guatemala game in foxborough...I was dere too, and de man really work like ah general in ah stadium full up ah guatemalans....And ah next man talk bout de USA game ash wednesday..........

Tink about dis....de mere fact dat men could talk bout certain games should tell us someting....De man have it in him....ah doh like when man talking talk bout de man cyah make no side and he shouldn't be on de team and all kinda chuipidness....Because we all see de man perform aready....Is not all de time Stern does play good for trinidad....It does have games when de man real shit dong de place....but guess what..he score some important goals and den we does forget de shit.....It have men naturally hate de man and does look to pin point all de man faults.......Nutting positive......De man play ah bad game de odder day, and is de world ah criticism.....even doh de man was on vacation, not training, and to boot could have been studying his financial status.....Imagine de hungarian news bigging up de man, de man winning man ah de match performance and ting for Upsjet but he is still ah shithong?  and still cyah make no side?....Steeeeeeeuuuuuppppss.  All yuh good we.  It have nutting to do with emotions, I does jes recognize good football.......

And Truff  yuh pull out ah resume on meh, but I too play in de boycott season in 96, and was part ah de big seven champions in 97 QRC......and make ah national under 17 aready playing with Bleedah....so ah know de man ability...is not no friend ting....Kiffy jes KNOW bout GOOD football

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 08:01:34 AM »
De man gave an extra below par, nothing performance against guadeloupe . hiding in front of the back four and unable or unwilling or both to progress beyond that line. he was seen looking to play long passes from where he collected the ball, either afraid or unable to advance. that is the man according to his last performance , which is what matters now. any club looking at him will want to see him in recent action.
He was always an average or less player ijn my books and I make no apologies for saying that. I not fooling myself . I would rather the tech. team scout for better players than to rely on theobald. much of what he is perceived as, is hype in my books..15 mins of Keon Daniel was enough to see him as a good player and maturana has said so himself.
Unless he improves a lot he wont be part of this campaign or any other foreign team roster. remember as a foreigner he is supposed to be better than  what is available locally ...

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »
and make ah national under 17 aready playing with Bleedah....so ah know de man ability...is not no friend ting....Kiffy jes KNOW bout GOOD football

= emotional inclination.

I think like many others the man may have peaked and not progressed beyond a level from a few years ago.  So others are catching up and surpassing him.  The Diff with Theo may be that its not from a lack of trying or bad attitude, he not lazy and willing to work.  I just find it hard to belive that it doh have men who could start before him in the mid.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »

He not good enough to make dem team. Plain talk!
Tenorsaw....you ever make any team in yuh life? steuppes.....talking bout de man aint good enough to make dem team...If yuh was ah footballer yuh could ah respect good football and recognize men who have ability...but like yuh is ah regular bandwagon "when we win - celebrate" jokey fan.. I does never understand all yuh nah.....steuppes

I'll say that I've humbly played with and against some of the current pool of national players while playing for Rangers, but that is besides the point.  The point that I'm trying to drive home is that Theobald is at an age where he is running out of time, and can only develop so much more.  He learning curve flat, if you know what ah mean.  I talking from an analytical point of view; I have nothing against the man, and I not trying to fight him down, but the truth is that Densil is limited in terms of his skill set, and he doesn't seem to be getting any better as he gets older. You is ah blind fan; I like to study the game a little. ;)

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »
the name of the post should change to denzil go end up hungry :rotfl:.allyuh give bleeder ah chance somtimes football is not only in your legs a lot of this game depends on where your head is maybe right now his head is not in the right place but i have faith in this kid because he seems to have a never say die attitude and he is always willing to explore new options,mark my words he will make it soon ,all of the posters who talking ah hope allyuh know more than bennie  because beenie had real faith in the man

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »
and make ah national under 17 aready playing with Bleedah....so ah know de man ability...is not no friend ting....Kiffy jes KNOW bout GOOD football

= emotional inclination.

I think like many others the man may have peaked and not progressed beyond a level from a few years ago.  So others are catching up and surpassing him.  The Diff with Theo may be that its not from a lack of trying or bad attitude, he not lazy and willing to work.  I just find it hard to belive that it doh have men who could start before him in the mid.

Mr Mc agreed wholeheartedly...
two other examples coming to mind is Derek King and Marlon Rojas....

Derek was one time captain of the U-17 team and one-time Bertille horn child  ;D  but he just never really progress after a certain point.

Marlon Rojas at one point was one of the most talented players I ever play with... was a youth star, rip up in college, but at International level was out of depth and eventually fizzled in the MLS...

I real biased toward these two and they are both great guys and still talented but if they didn't cut it, its nothing personal. It plain to see.

Rahim is ah next one... we could go on and on.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 09:55:25 AM »
the name of the post should change to denzil go end up hungry :rotfl:.allyuh give bleeder ah chance somtimes football is not only in your legs a lot of this game depends on where your head is maybe right now his head is not in the right place but i have faith in this kid because he seems to have a never say die attitude and he is always willing to explore new options,mark my words he will make it soon ,all of the posters who talking ah hope allyuh know more than bennie  because beenie had real faith in the man

never understood why Beenie had so much faith in him,
why Beenie would never Bench Stern
why Latas didnt play more mintues in more games.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »

never understood why Beenie had so much faith in him,
why Beenie would never Bench Stern
why Latas didnt play more mintues in more games.

You need a man to free up Yorke in the middle... Yorke was 34 at the World Cup in we engine room... He woulda get crucify by heself...
Densill plays to instruction well and can make an accurate pass with room...
Add in Birchall's aggression and bite... and that was a good midfield trio...

Beenie went safe and leave out Latapy for defensive reasons...

Allyuh forget Aurtis was carrying a slight knock going into the Sweden game... he woulda start instead of Densill... mark my words...
How many games Densill start in WCQ? How many Aurtis?

But Densill played well enough...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 10:30:50 AM »
Although Spann hasn't looked good for us recently, he has been playing out of position and I think if Spann wasn't injured, Bleeder would have been liming next to Wolfe, Cox and Ince for our 3 games. Spann tends to play more balls to the strikers as opposed to Bleeder's lateral passes. Spann was in good form just before the World Cup too.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

1]; } ?>