April 28, 2024, 07:42:05 PM

Author Topic: This could not happen when Mr boroughs was in office.  (Read 1887 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This could not happen when Mr boroughs was in office.
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:16:46 AM »
Could you imagine this happening when Mr randolph boroughs was in uniform ! i think he's probably rolling in his grave right now to see what his country has become. even though the B which he was affectionatly known as, was a known drug dealer according to popular opinion, yet still he kept the country safe and sound from this kind of lawlessness. IMO this would've never flied if MR Boroughs was in uniform! NO FACKING WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=161276214
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This could not happen when Mr boroughs was in office.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »
Ah hear yuh brodda ... ultimately we'll experience an abridgement of civil liberties ...

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »
The authorities will have to adopt his most famous phrase,''Dead man tell no tales''. Sometimes I am at a loss as to what the leaders are up to. Is just the society is so corrrupt that strategies are tuff to implement because everybody have a little money to pocket from it.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »

People who doh mind corruption if it brings performance usually support the UNC also....just throwing that out there for perspective. 

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
Boroughs could never to stop this. Boroughs did not buy his own helicopters and fly around spending his own money on personnell, bullets, communications, training etc.

Sociologists, economists, criminologists and other academics give politicians reports on the socio-economic patterns of "criminals".The politicians give police a budget, the brass sets budget targets. No $$$ for sustained raids? Increase in administrative salaries? Oh Well! 

Crown attorneys, legislators, and "leaders" amend laws and advise police on the feasibility of certain outcomes. Political agendas constrain and/or push police actions. 

Boroughs was no lone wolf hero....plenty people help him.

The crime siutation will be solved eventually, maybe tommorow. Question is, how, at what rate, and at what cost.

Do we wait for the fruit of oppression and neglect to cast off their demons and willingly join the modern world, or do we reinforce the nation state's monoply on violence say get the hell in or stay out and face the consequences? After all, civil rights are a gift from the powered to the powerless.

The same patterns of social transformation can be found all over the globe. So if Boroughs was alive today he would be a frustrated man, but he would be a powerless man. Slammin one individual man balls in between a desk draw to make them talk "who is de ace" is like a grain of sand standing against a tidal wave, not to mention invite swift retribution by the "victim" in the courts.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:40:08 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »
i remember as a child remembering boroughs being at my grandfather's funeral... he was deadly in his time

God is de BOSS....

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 06:17:11 PM »
D man was a crook and d drug trade started on he watch. In fact he did not watch when d drugs come in so all d Burroughs lovers he have we in dis mess.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:48:42 PM »
D man was a crook and d drug trade started on he watch. In fact he did not watch when d drugs come in so all d Burroughs lovers he have we in dis mess.
Yes weary yuh right! but of course there is a but! yes boroughs was a thief and a grug dealer, and yes he allowed alot of corruption under the table, that i do aknowledge and concur with 100%, but with all the drug dealing and bobol boroughs went on with, he never allow violence to trive in the society and that's my point.

my father was friends with half of the flying squad so i knew of their M.O. them men used to smoke ganja and still lock up fellas for weed selling,but the flying squad was formed by DR Williams to controll the guerella activites that was taking place in the country and violent crimes like armed robberies, kidnapings and murder, and MR boroughs did a fabulus job of keeping violent crime in check, he also loved and didicated his life to it.

now i'm no boroughs lover in the least, BC he killed a lot of ppl when he could've arrested them and brought them in, he also killed good brothers who was fighting against the oppression in the society, fellas like brian jeffers, guy hearwood, beverly jones who was  a nice sister fighting for freedom  and justice.

so i'm no fan of a devious murdering power tripping cop the likes of boroughs and his goons, but the fact remains that he kept criminals on the run , and he never stoped hunting them till they came in or he killed them, i just feel that those methods is what's needed to clean up our streets since these kakaholes are really overdoing it now man!  i say bring back another kakahole like boroughs!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>