April 24, 2024, 12:34:27 PM

Author Topic: 2007 Warrior Nation & SW.net Fantasy Football Knockout Cup  (Read 49371 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Warrior Nation & SW.net Fantasy Football Knockout Cup
« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:16 AM »
lemme just vent for 2 seconds..

:cursing: wha de royal muddas c**t!!! blackburn is ah solid side with some brutal players does be hard to score on.. i pick samba since start of de season. he is about 7ft tall and every single game i see he winning header and is ah setta near miss.. he is ah cheap vidic if you will..

And dis is wha he gone and do me dread?!  4-0 at home?!  i ask 3 men to make up ah 15pts for meh and daz how dey repay my faith and investment? steeeeups... to de gallows for allyuh!!! and watch and see as soon as ah sell samba he go score eh?  steeeeups..  :cursing: damn setta shitongs gone and subtract points from meh side..

anyway congrats freakazoid, you were a formidable opponent.. however, fack losing with dignity, i think feliziano and the cup admins should ban you from the tournament for having 2 side, and give me a bligh thru to the next round...

feliziano. lewwe convene a tribunal one time nuh..  :devil:

If the rules state yuh cannot have 2 teams and ah manager enter 2 teams of course he shud be disqualified ,and if that is de case here this is ah no brainer for the admins...it plain and simple ,it doh matter that this is just ah fun thing we have have to abide by de rules,not so ? Feliz leh we hear yuh.. 

Well actually I believe that is the only rule from the EPL site we didn't follow. We couldn't weed out people who have 2-3 teams due to time constraints etc, but I guess they eventually did come forward, therefore we know who to double check next year for irregularities.

Maybe Freakazoid in the spirit of good, fair and fun competition might tell us to forfeit his victory against Omar  ;)

If that explanation not good enough and allyuh can't work it out, take your case to the Sports Arbitration Court in Switzerland  :D

eh heh? so i eh gettin no bligh??

aight nuh... next year expect to see the following sides battling hard for the cup:

-Omarldinho
-Omarldinho's mother
-Omarldinho's brother
-Omarldinho's sister
-Omarldinho's unborn son
-Omarldinho's dog
-Omarldinho's cat
-Omarldinho's inner child

all under some vague aliases.. is real wuk for de FA next year..   :devil:

furthermore i've had a change of heart and i am throwing my support behind both freakazoid sides in the hope that they both advance to play each other in the final, causing an uproar for feliz and the FA not taking action when i gave them the chance..

cmon freakazoid!!  :wavetowel:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2007, 07:10:43 AM »
Omar I am sorry but Freakazoid with be dealt forthwith in round 16 and 17.

The transfers and captain placement have already been planned, barring injuries.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »
Omar try and plead yuh case this way...If de man have 2 teams ,still alive,then he shud aht least be willing tuh forfeit the one that cut yuh arse so yuh cud still move on while he still in de competetion wid he next team...

p.s if yuh get thru ah claiming 35% ah all earnings if yuh win eh  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 29, 2007, 11:38:14 AM »
Omar try and plead yuh case this way...If de man have 2 teams ,still alive,then he shud aht least be willing tuh forfeit the one that cut yuh arse so yuh cud still move on while he still in de competetion wid he next team...

p.s if yuh get thru ah claiming 35% ah all earnings if yuh win eh  ;D

Berris, you make a very good point here which i had not thought of before..

We could easily have a situation where freakazoid plays himself in one of the latter rounds, thus giving him a bye to the following higher rounds.. I mean how fair is that for a man to give himself a free pass to the semis??

Feliziano, you cannot sweep a big issue like this under the carpet.. for the sake of the integrity of the cup take a stand man!

and freakazoid.. i implore you to look deep inside urself, do the right thing and put the pelau back on the table where it belongs...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 29, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »
hmm... freakazoid avoid this topic like de plague!!

men moving silent like jack and scamps after de mark buss... like my legal team have allyuh ponderous!

Offline De Lapahtron

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2007, 12:52:13 AM »
Omarldinho,

Not only frezakoid is MIA..

That amusing Garrison Gunta fellow is no where to be found, since shotta's untimely demise at the hands of the "Sunday Pub" side **The Istari**.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 12:54:06 AM by De Lapahtron »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2007, 08:02:49 AM »
well yes. like this thing have more thief than the ttff...

anyway doh mind blackburn put down two piles, I get away

Still won't know who mih opponent is until next matchday done though.  :waiting:

I real woulda like gameweek 15 to be the start of the next round, but say what. Tha marauders will catch alyuh anyhow  :challenge:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2007, 08:45:03 AM »
i am hence forced to concede defeat in this charade of a knock out cup where rules and what not change at the WIM of the organizers

the istri though a worthy adversay is still languishing on the second page while i on the other hand

has broken back into the top 10

goodluck to all amd farewell to this thread
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2007, 10:43:13 AM »
is now you go and score bently?   :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »

same thing ah say... :cursing:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2007, 01:55:20 PM »

same thing ah say... :cursing:

steupsss, last week he was me captain  >:( ...ah jus lucky ah kept him this week and it's ah rest wk too in the cup  ;D because everyone else in me team pooping down.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2007, 02:04:28 PM »
so no ruling yet on the duplicate team issue?

Feliz.. like Francis Fashions says, you're "making a statement without saying a word".

Continuing to sweep this under the carpet will reduce this great competition to the merit of a Passa Passa Fantasy Cup.

I shudder to think of the uproar if freakazoid gets to play himself.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2007, 12:16:58 AM »
Ah have tuh agree wth Omar here, is either we going  by rules or we not other wise de league eh hah no credibility...if ah man enter 2 teams and no body eh know dais one thing but de man come out and say dais wha he do, and de admins eh bat ah eye,is not to say dey have any under cover wuk tuh do tuh weed out man wid 2 teams ...Simple, yuh have to teams yuh have tuh forfeit one ,wha so hard bout dat  ??? and if de one he forfeit is de one wey cut Omar ass den Omar shud still be in de competition...
Nah Feliz yuh cyar keep silent on dis one ...leh we hear yuh . :bringiton: 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2007, 05:42:49 AM »
I hearing what allyuh saying but as I said before we knew before hand it had fellas with 2-3 teams in the different leagues and it woulda been pointless to try and weeed them out in a short period of time.
Thats why I said even before we start that this is an experiment and that we will be changing and implementing rules next year to fix certain problems.
I also appealed to Freak's sense of fair play but so far have received no response.
Anyway i emailed the committee to see if we can come up with a solution.
Will let allyuh know what happen sometime today.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2007, 06:24:32 AM »
Yea...Feliz wanted to go through each one to make sure it had no duplicates but it was going to take too long and keep back the start of the competition.
That is why it is NOT listed in the rules...since people didn't enter teams themselves and Feliz had to add people from the leagues....not to mention people changing their team names depending on their mood of the day.  Getting people to add teams themselves was impractical with the timeline...not even sure if that could be done next year either.

So is basically a honour thing. It up to people to decide if they want to pull out any team if they have more htan 1 but it a bit late for that.  Men done get their tail buss and knockout and I eh know if they should be resurrected...wham allyuh trying to follow Saints? Looking for all kinda loophole to squeeze een  :devil:

Warrior Nation & SW.net Cup

Details:

·   Online Fantasy Football Knockout Cup using EPL Fantasy Football stats.
·   There are 166 teams invited from the Andre Samuel, Big and Picong Cyar Done leagues.
·   All Gameweek points and Transfers will be tracked by the EPL.
·   Start date is Saturday 20th October 2007.
·   Each team has been assigned an Overall Rank number, according to their Overall Points total at the end of Gameweek 9, which they will keep for the duration of the Cup. This was also used to determine Match pairings.
·   Since there are more than 128 teams then there will be a short 1st Round involving the 76 lowest ranked teams, with the remaining 90 teams on a ‘BYE’ till the 2nd Rounds.
·   There will be a total of 8 Rounds.                             
·   Each Round will consist of 2 consecutive Gameweeks; and a ‘REST’ Gameweek between each Round; therefore it will take 23 Gameweeks to complete the Tournament.
·   The player in the pairing with the highest Aggregate/Point total over the 2 Gameweeks; which will be determined by combining the Points for the Gameweeks, will advance to the next round, while the loser goes home.
.    This continues till there are only 2 teams left to contest the Final.
·    A reminder announcement will be made in this thread in the week preceding a new round. Each of the match-ups in that round will also be listed.
·   The winners of each round will be posted after the gameweeks’ that comprise the round have been completed. Any tie-breaking match-ups for the Rest Week will also be announced at this time.
·  Check this thread for a record of each round and competition rules.

Rules:

1.   There must be a minimum of 8 EPL matches in a Gameweek.
2.   The EPL schedule can change at any time.
3.   The WN selects the Gameweeks, with at least 1 ‘REST’ Gameweek between Rounds.
4.   Any extra transfers done during a Round will not be at the team’s expense.
5.   The player in the pairing with the highest Aggregate/Point total over the 2 Gameweeks; which will be determined by combining the Points for the Gameweeks, will advance to the next round, while the loser goes home.
6.   If there is a tied aggregate score after 2 matches, then the scores from the following ‘REST’ Gameweek will be used as the tiebreaker. If two teams are still tied after the tie-breaking gameweek, the team with the higher overall total score in the Fantasy Premier League will advance to the next round.
7.   All scoring is done by the EPL and it is final.
8.   The prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places are Warrior Nation membership kits or Membership Renewals.

We hope to get some feedback so as to improve it for next year.
Thanks in advance for participating and..Good Luck !!!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2007, 06:48:40 AM »
We agree that it would have been too much work for Feliz to weed out the duplicate teams, but in retrospect it should have probably been stated in the rules beforehand that duplicate teams would not be allowed. Give each player has the responsibility of notifying the committee of which team would be participating.. That way, even if they had multiple teams going forward, the committee would have the power to chop as necessary..

I wasn't going to press the issue, but in the interest of the tournament, we need to appreciate the many possible negative outcomes that this issue raises..  We already talked about the possibility of one man playing himself and giving himself a bye to the next round. Worst yet the potential horror of a dummy final.  Also, we could have a situation where lets say dcs plays and beats freakazoid, and then has to play him again in the next round..  I think the potential is there for plenty unnecessary argument going forward..

its shameful that we cant depend on freakazoid's (and whoever else has more than one team) good nature to resolve this issue as he continues to peep at this thread from his murky shadows. Interesting thing is, he even has the option of eliminating his other team and keeping the one that beat me.

so, like sheffield united last year, must i deal with the consequence of being eliminated by an illegitimate team? Do i take the issue to a higher panel (Official fantasy league staff) and have both his teams ousted? Will freakazoid find a conscience given that his credibility is already shattered by this impasse?  Hmm.. questions, questions, questions....

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »
At the time that the first set of fixtures were drawn up it looked like Freakazoid had two teams but it was not confirmed.

When all is said and done this is a fun thing and with all the work that Feliziano did it was asking a lot for him to be chasing down people to ask them how many teams they have in a league.

Also having multiple teams is actually to one’s disadvantage because if one team wins the whole thing and the next one doesn’t nobody really gives yuh credit or takes you serious. All it means is that one team lucky and the other one isn’t.

Just look at the current situation. Will anybody take either of his teams seriously from here on in whether it is in the league or the knockout?

And if the two teams meet up I don’t see it as a bye to the next round but one of the teams being eliminated by default.

At the end of the day DCS rightly says it is an honour thing. Complaining to Feliz and making a ra ra is only going to take the fun out of it all. We know that the rules are imperfect and next year will be better. At this point if people really feel that the whole thing is devalued by this we should just scrap everything and say let we start over next year.

p.s. I might end up playing one of Freakazoid sides in a couple rounds so I could very well be in the same boat. If it happens is a hard luck and I move on. There is always next year.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »
ok... i have decided to withdraw my appeal..

dont think i want my team reinstated anyway, as it lost and will not have much credibility going forward.. however mission accomplished in eliminating the credibility of all you multi-side owners in the cup (freakazoid, let the burden of shame be upon you :devil:

on to working on making a charge up the league..

let passa passa prevail...

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2007, 09:01:20 PM »

dont think i want my team reinstated anyway, as it lost and will not have much credibility going forward.. however mission accomplished in eliminating the credibility of all you multi-side owners in the cup (freakazoid, let the burden of shame be upon you :devil:

Yuh right Omar, de man only peeping at the thread and eh want tuh say nuttin ..dis is real kicks  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2007, 09:03:43 PM »
dat would mean he would be playing wid heself den :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2007, 09:04:28 PM »
dat would mean he would be playing wid heself den :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 04, 2007, 09:09:37 PM »

omar  u jump out with yuh 3 balckburn playas and get yuh tail wash( by double digits to boot) and now u getting on like   yuh house and fireball land on the line. i manage 2 teams, however that came about really isnt important. ah done  talk 2 feliz already . touches u should be playing point man

leh omar suck salt :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 04, 2007, 09:18:33 PM »

omar  u jump out with yuh 3 balckburn playas and get yuh tail wash( by double digits to boot) and now u getting on like   yuh house and fireball land on the line. i manage 2 teams, however that came about really isnt important. ah done  talk 2 feliz already . touches u should be playing point man

leh omar suck salt :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:

ahhh finally...   it speaks!! 

for a moment there i was about to label you 'scotch and coconut water'.

what you ent realize is that even though i loss, ah holding yuh big toe and yuh coming down with meh.. cause now when man see is freakazoid dey playing, all dey go say is, "who is it? that guy with the 2 sides??".

yes freakazoid.. you are now officially "that guy".

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »
whatever rocks yuh boat sonny boy. trying to remember when i entered 2 teams in d cup hmmmmmmmm o wait the teams were automatically entered.

trying to remember when i tried covering up  the 2 teams....o wait i didnt

OMAR u jus made yuh cutasre legendary. yuh team had 25 men vs my team wit 22 men over d 2 wks

i hereby nominate u for d sour grapes cry baby award :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: u is d best oui

end of chapter................. car slowly pulls away and an object gradually turns into a spec in the rear view mirror :rotfl: :rotfl:

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
Mr. Moderator,

Can we see the updated table given that Gameweek 16 is one day away.

I also need to CONFIRM my opponent.

Is a Science this thing, I need some time to research.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2007, 03:33:36 PM »
whatever rocks yuh boat sonny boy. trying to remember when i entered 2 teams in d cup hmmmmmmmm o wait the teams were automatically entered.

trying to remember when i tried covering up  the 2 teams....o wait i didnt

OMAR u jus made yuh cutasre legendary. yuh team had 25 men vs my team wit 22 men over d 2 wks

i hereby nominate u for d sour grapes cry baby award :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: u is d best oui

end of chapter................. car slowly pulls away and an object gradually turns into a spec in the rear view mirror :rotfl: :rotfl:

man being big, boldface and brazen about it...whey

Ah feel omar or somebody else go be offering benz and thing to next man for knocking   freakazoid koolaid side and he ole train out of the competition :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »
that guy. 

he boldface eh?!

he gone thru already.. anybody he beat with dem illegitimate sides will be minus any shred of credibility.

and dont forget i backing him to the hilt. I want his sides to play each other and expose de farce..

passa passa 2007..

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2007, 04:47:41 PM »
Mr. Moderator,

Can we see the updated table given that Gameweek 16 is one day away.

I also need to CONFIRM my opponent.

Is a Science this thing, I need some time to research.

I second that

Offline De Lapahtron

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »
Feliz,

An updated fixture would be greatly appreciated.

:beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2007, 08:03:26 PM »
De fixture list has been updated.

Touches yuh playing freakazoid xpress. LOL
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>