March 28, 2024, 01:27:36 PM

Author Topic: 2007 Warrior Nation & SW.net Fantasy Football Knockout Cup  (Read 48886 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Warrior Nation & SW.net Fantasy Football Knockout Cup
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2007, 02:20:18 PM »
isnt wesdnesdays game considered as 15th round

*demonic laughter*
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2007, 02:35:39 PM »
according to this : http://www.thewarriornation.com/content/view/142/61/

i am playing DONS....   who won between me and WTD?

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2007, 02:36:11 PM »
Dear Mr feliz,

u have 2 step in here, blackburn and astonvilla are playing 2 times in round 14.

now in the overall scheme of things ( meaning the fantasy league this will pan out to ah certain extent,slighht flaw in the game)as all teams have to play 38 games. but wrt the knock out competiton we have,  it makes the playing field very uneven . how will this be addressed?

yours respectfully,

Manager of Freakazoid xpress
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2007, 03:06:42 PM »
Dear Mr feliz,

u have 2 step in here, blackburn and astonvilla are playing 2 times in round 14.

now in the overall scheme of things ( meaning the fantasy league this will pan out to ah certain extent,slighht flaw in the game)as all teams have to play 38 games. but wrt the knock out competiton we have,  it makes the playing field very uneven . how will this be addressed?

yours respectfully,

this is all part of the game.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2007, 03:08:47 PM »
who won between me and WTD?

1st you had beat him but that was when there was an error where transfer points were deducted. so after i pointed this out to Feliz the points were adjusted and WTD buss yuh tail.     joke might be on me in the end    :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2007, 03:10:04 PM »
who won between me and WTD?

1st you had beat him but that was when there was an error where transfer points were deducted. so after i pointed this out to Feliz the points were adjusted and WTD buss yuh tail.     joke might be on me in the end    :rotfl:

or ok cool...  just wanted to know wtf was going on lol

Offline De Lapahtron

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »
Dear Mr feliz,

now in the overall scheme of things ( meaning the fantasy league this will pan out to ah certain extent,slighht flaw in the game)as all teams have to play 38 games. but wrt the knock out competiton we have, it makes the playing field very uneven . how will this be addressed?

yours respectfully,

Freakazoid. Are you serious with this complaint?

:rotfl:

Leh we leave addressing for envelopes and phonebooks. The week eh over yet.. :rotfl:..

maybe...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 03:59:18 PM by De Lapahtron »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2007, 04:27:31 PM »

Dear Mr feliz,

now in the overall scheme of things ( meaning the fantasy league this will pan out to ah certain extent,slighht flaw in the game)as all teams have to play 38 games. but wrt the knock out competiton we have, it makes the playing field very uneven . how will this be addressed?

yours respectfully,

Freakazoid. Are you serious with this complaint?

Leh we leave addressing for envelopes and phonebooks. The week eh over yet.. :rotfl:..

maybe...

i think its a valid complaint, never heard about fifa fair play? ;D no but seriously  its like u playing aganst a team that have 14 men, how on earth can that b fair?

If no other man have a problem with it wat can i do. there is no way i can win that tie cause mi opponet  have 3 blackburn players. so i lose wat woulda otherwise be a tight match up if  blackburn werent  playing again on wednesday.

thats y roman abravamoich and i own  2 teams  ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
All I know I beat Trinidad Lions and it's on to the next round, the only thing that I don't like is meh rank saying 26th when I am actually 13th and climbing after tomorrow's game with Blackburn. Somebody need to address the ranking order.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2007, 04:47:38 PM »
All I know I beat Trinidad Lions and it's on to the next round, the only thing that I don't like is meh rank saying 26th when I am actually 13th and climbing after tomorrow's game with Blackburn. Somebody need to address the ranking order.

Is not a rank is a seed...that will not change throughout the tournament.  It was used at the beginning to setup the matchups...right now them numbers just say where you were seeded at the start...nothing more.

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2007, 05:15:50 PM »
Dear Mr feliz,

yours respectfully,

I concur
A team shouldn't be playing twice in the same round when it comes to the Cup.....

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2007, 05:46:21 PM »

Is not a rank is a seed...that will not change throughout the tournament.  It was used at the beginning to setup the matchups...right now them numbers just say where you were seeded at the start...nothing more.
Thanks  :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »
Dear Mr feliz,

yours respectfully,

I concur
A team shouldn't be playing twice in the same round when it comes to the Cup.....

That is why you look at the gameweek schedules, it would be prduent on your part to pick your squad for a matchweek where your players have the ability to play twice. the rule is whoever have d higher gameweek score progress, you have to make sure you maximize your gameweek score with both the schedule matchup of games and the composition of your squad.

All part of the management
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2007, 07:14:17 PM »
That is why you look at the gameweek schedules, it would be prduent on your part to pick your squad for a matchweek where your players have the ability to play twice. the rule is whoever have d higher gameweek score progress, you have to make sure you maximize your gameweek score with both the schedule matchup of games and the composition of your squad.

All part of the management

Dear g,
           would u plz send ur address so I could send u a bottle of rum. I could not have said it any better, and in fact i'd have used several obscenities which would have caused unneccessary bacchanal on here. D ability of men to turn into cry-babies when things not in dey favor is so humourous.
Anyhow I feel those obscenities on d tips of my fingaz so lemme go. To the managers out here who know what they doing I say good luck, u know the rules...u know the game...and I wish u d best.
To the cry-babies...there is always next year, hope u at least doing good in d league (though i feel u not)...in d meanwhile go and look for a nipple to suck.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2007, 07:42:06 PM »
cry baby my foot.................u can use logic to support any side ah d argument. fact is with this development i have an advantge with one side
and am at a disadvantage with my other side.

fanatsy league in fact has a small flaw wrt but say wah. i done give MY 2 CENTS.

let d picong resume.
point man ah calling it b4 the finally whistle. u get run over by the freakazoid xpress

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2007, 08:42:07 PM »
cry baby my foot.................u can use logic to support any side ah d argument. fact is with this development i have an advantge with one side

fanatsy league in fact has a small flaw wrt but say wah. i done give MY 2 CENTS.

let d picong resume.
point man ah calling it b4 the finally whistle. u get run over by the freakazoid xpress

You don't find it absurd to be complaining about teams having players playing twice in a gameweek when you have two teams entered in the competition?

There is no logic to support your side of the argument because the rules state that all gameweek scores are from the FPL site. Players playing double gameweeks is nothing new to FPL. The gameweek fixtures are set up by the FPL site and every manager has the ability to pick players who double up. Not much room for debate.

I would think that having two teams is a bigger flaw and a bigger disadvantage to the majority of sides.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2007, 11:40:15 PM »

let d picong resume.

You don't find it absurd to be complaining about teams having players playing twice in a gameweek when you have two teams entered in the competition?

There is no logic to support your side of the argument because the rules state that all gameweek scores are from the FPL site. Players playing double gameweeks is nothing new to FPL. The gameweek fixtures are set up by the FPL site and every manager has the ability to pick players who double up. Not much room for debate.

I would think that having two teams is a bigger flaw and a bigger disadvantage to the majority of sides.

Wait nah, so is brazen brazen so man admitting to having 2 sides ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2007, 04:23:55 AM »
JDB  dont be naive,  I am not the only manager with 2 teams in the competition. fact is since mi first name is Russian its only logical that my second name will be Billionaire  ;D, so i can afford 2 teams like mi drinking partner  the russian "chelsea owner" billonaire ( no relation,it's jus ah common name in russia) ::)

I am the only one who admit to it cause i dont do things in d midknight and then again maybe ah jus take over mi brother neglected side. but i have 2 sides cause like that burning men eye.

the fact that i wrote my "complaint" in letter form should have indicated that i was not totally serious,methinks allyuh getting carried away with that but maybe i'm Jus Damn Brazen.

glad 2 know other men around,felt like only me ah d pelau boy battle was carrying  d thread. omar yuh win this one, may the force be with you.
as i said b4 LET D PICONG RESUME

..............and then there was one :D

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 04:37:44 AM by freakazoid »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2007, 05:42:03 AM »
I have one response for all of this...it not that serious.

Whatever 'flaws' may exist in the competition were ingrained by the organizers reliance on situations beyond their control, namely quirks in the FPL scheduling.

If man want to have 2 and five teams to increase the odds of 'him' winning the competition, as long as the rules allow it, more power to him.  But in all honesty...it really that serious?  That runs counter to every argument that can be mounted in favor of fair play, and cannot be justified by the fact that "others doing it".  Others cannot vicariously be responsible for your sense or morality or lack thereof.  Similar principles should apply here.

That said, I'm locked in a nice battle with T.I. that will likely be finalized by day's end...and considering that I've survived longer than expected, I'm just enjoying de ride.  For most this is just for 'shits and giggles' as the saying goes...others apparently have a greater emotional investment in this thing.  Whatever yes.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2007, 08:40:01 AM »

Whatever 'flaws' may exist in the competition were ingrained by the organizers reliance on situations beyond their control, namely quirks in the FPL scheduling.

If man want to have 2 and five teams to increase the odds of 'him' winning the competition, as long as the rules allow it, more power to him.

I'm pretty sure its against the premierleague.com rules:

Squad selection - A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted.

That said, its not like they're going to waste their time policing everyone. Its just a game.
Whats a pity is that the people who see it fit to break the rules can't adhere to the same logic (it being just a game)

In any case, I think this gameweek illustrates more than ever the major reason why points deducted for transfers should have been counted, there's nothing to stop a man from changing 3/4 of his team and packing it with Blackburn and Aston Villa Players just to be able to get past his opponent in the second leg, whereas his opponent being more involved in the league cannot afford such liberties. All the same, I didn't open my mouth when the debate was had, and I'm not going to complain about it now.
Shit and kicks is rights
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 08:41:41 AM by Midknight »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2007, 12:23:43 PM »

If man want to have 2 and five teams to increase the odds of 'him' winning the competition, as long as the rules allow it, more power to him.

I'm pretty sure its against the premierleague.com rules:

Squad selection - A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted.

That said, its not like they're going to waste their time policing everyone. Its just a game.
Whats a pity is that the people who see it fit to break the rules can't adhere to the same logic (it being just a game).

Nah, I meant the Warrior Nation Fantasy Football sumting rules...

Offline De Lapahtron

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
Shotters365 in their to………..
I taking down teams 1 by 1
At the end jump high or jump low it would only have one champ
Remember the name
shotters_365

Next in line  AC Cerlanji

Oh my...

Shotters_365.. .

2nd round exits are pitiful at best... Looks like AC Cerlanji was truly next in line .. to advance that is!

Your inference about the cup's outcome remains true as well, in that,  "Jump High , Jump Low", at the end of it all there will only be one champ.... unfortunately it will not be you. .

It's a shame the  link between greatness and shotters_365 will not be made this year..

However, as resilient and confident as you are, I trust you will make every attempt to ensure that the masses remember your name...(with the exception of winning the cup of course)

Cheers :beermug:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2007, 05:03:49 PM »
Look like a bounce back and make up the ten points difference ... pheww...

JDB, Feliziano, Firebrand etc how allyuh do?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2007, 08:35:09 PM »
JDB  dont be naive,  I am not the only manager with 2 teams in the competition. fact is since mi first name is Russian its only logical that my second name will be Billionaire  ;D, so i can afford 2 teams like mi drinking partner  the russian "chelsea owner" billonaire ( no relation,it's jus ah common name in russia) ::)

I am the only one who admit to it cause i dont do things in d midknight and then again maybe ah jus take over mi brother neglected side. but i have 2 sides cause like that burning men eye.

the fact that i wrote my "complaint" in letter form should have indicated that i was not totally serious,methinks allyuh getting carried away with that but maybe i'm Jus Damn Brazen.

glad 2 know other men around,felt like only me ah d pelau boy battle was carrying  d thread. omar yuh win this one, may the force be with you.
as i said b4 LET D PICONG RESUME

..............and then there was one :D

waaaaay sah! i eh log on de site for de weekend and freakazoid tears ah run like ah river...  look here freakazoid... this is you:

:timeout:  lol

i see u callin meh out long time now and ah just hush meh ass in de corner with meh 3 blackburn players, listening to you bumping up yuh gum.. yuh just better hope and pray right now that blackburn eh hold a clean sheet against aston villa, or else i overturning de impossible 20pt deficit and yuh going to that dreadful place currently inhabited by the likes of frank lampard, steven gerrard, steve mclaren and co ------ ELIMINATION!!   :devil: :devil: :devil:

next time watch yuh gameweek fixtures.. this was man management straight out of the books of jose mourinho   ;)

ps: i was hoping and praying no one had buss de blackburn shot before the round kick off..
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:11:12 PM by omarldinho »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2007, 08:51:33 PM »
I am really enjoying this Cup tie and since this competition started I moved from 94 to 34 and I am on the 1st page.

For men who are not looking at fixtures dais alyuh problem. It have plenty science in this thing and once you pay attention you will move up the rankings.

Samo...hard luck breds.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2007, 04:34:41 AM »
omar i call carew long time. i really expected blackburn to bobolise fulham  ;D,must say i am pleasantly suprised. aston villa playing ball right now feel they go string up brad.

fear the underdog. next stop 700 pts

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2007, 05:32:47 PM »

The comeback is in progress. I make up the 5 point deficit and have a slight lead now but we both have players playing tomorrow. I have 3 Villa players and the other guy has 1 but I not taking anything for granted especially after seeing how all them men who stock up on Blackburn players get burn at the weekend.

Right now I just hoping that I don't get mash up by players getting benched or red carded or by Mellberg scoring goals.

It look like Firebrand is out though, unless he could score 40+ points tomorrow.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2007, 06:23:50 PM »
Freakazoid

Win yuh tie nah man, I was looking fwd to battle you in the next rounds.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »
Freakazoid

Win yuh tie nah man, I was looking fwd to battle you in the next rounds.

buh wait nah touches u is ah masochist o wah  :rotfl: is licks you like so ;D

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »

The comeback is in progress. I make up the 5 point deficit and have a slight lead now but we both have players playing tomorrow. I have 3 Villa players and the other guy has 1 but I not taking anything for granted especially after seeing how all them men who stock up on Blackburn players get burn at the weekend.

Right now I just hoping that I don't get mash up by players getting benched or red carded or by Mellberg scoring goals.

It look like Firebrand is out though, unless he could score 40+ points tomorrow.

Yeah things looking grim on my end...but say what, now I could focus fully on knockin' you and Andre Sam. from de top spot.  ;D 
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>