April 23, 2024, 07:13:00 PM

Author Topic: $12.2-M PROFIT  (Read 1442 times)

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
$12.2-M PROFIT
« on: February 12, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »
WHAT'S THE PROFIT FROM TT VS GUADELOUPE GAMES AFTER JACK CUT

$12.2-M PROFIT
JFF nets big bucks from Costa Rica friendly, but .
Howard Walker, Observer staff reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MCKNIGHT. we have a budget of almost $400m a year, so this is a very small step in the right direction
The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) announced that they made a projected $12.2m surplus from Jamaica's International Friendly game against Costa Rica last Wednesday.

But that figure is still short of what is needed to properly sustain the football programme, said Leighton McKnight, chairman of the finance committee.

"We still have quite a bit of work to do. When you look at our operating cost you are looking at a minimum of $30m a month and if you make $12m you are just about one-third of where you want to be," McKnight told the Observer yesterday.

"Based all the other factors in, the fact that, at one stage we weren't sure we could host the match, we are satisfied with the outcome and that's the reason why we want to thank everybody," he added.

"It is a very expensive programme and we will only grow from strength to strength. But it is a positive result.

"To finance the programme going forward we have a budget of almost $400m a year, so this is a very small step in the right direction," he reiterated.

In a release yesterday, the JFF said the preliminary income inclusive of ticket sales, sponsorship and broadcast rights was $30m, while awaiting returns from three ticket outlets, as well as the returns from corporate sales.

According to the release, the preliminary net expenses from the event totalled $17.8m, including:

. Expenses directly relating to the Reggae Boyz - $6.9 million. Included in this are air tickets $2.4m, hotel accommodation and meals $2.3m, incentives/fees $2.2m.

. Expenses directly related to the Costa Rica team - $6.5m. This includes air tickets, match fees and hotel accommodation and meals.

. Other match related expenses - $4.4m. Included in this are expenses related to the match officials, security and gate operations, ticket sales, entertainment, printing of tickets, hospitality, advertising and promotions and stadium rental fees.

The JFF projects a net surplus of $12.2m to include game sponsorship from Jamaica Money Market Brokers (JMMB).
"This will no doubt start the chipping away at our recently announced 2008-2010 budget of $1.3 billion and current liabilities inherited from the previous administration of $105m," the release stated.

As it relates to the European-based players, the JFF said it was grateful for the sacrifice the players made to travel across the Atlantic for the game in economy class.

"Most of the clubs in the UK are very reluctant in releasing players for these friendly games when it is announced that the players are booked to travel economy class, and especially since they have to report for games with their clubs within 24 hours of returning to the UK.

"These economy tickets cost an average of $220,000. Checks with the airlines for the cost of business class tickets for our next game against Trinidad and Tobago reveals an average price of $520,000 each and the federation is doing all within its powers to secure an airline deal that can reduce this very prohibitive cost," concluded the JFF release.

Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $12.2-M PROFIT
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
In de words of Palos....how much dat is in real money?

Buh it very possible...given the fact that the stadium was nearly full from wha i remember. Wish i could say the same for ours. :-\
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »
Buh it very possible...given the fact that the stadium was nearly full from wha i remember. Wish i could say the same for ours. :-\

Ticket prices for the Jamaica vs Costa rica game ranged from US$14 and US$44. It matters not what the country's exhange rate is, the fact is that there was almost 30,000 paying fans inside the stadium, paying decent money to see the game.

So to answer your question...the JFF made a profit of US$180,000...or TT$1.1M

« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 09:50:25 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »
Ticket prices for the Jamaica vs Costa rica game ranged from US$14 and US$44. It matters not what the country's exhange rate is, the fact is that there was almost 30,000 paying fans inside the stadium, paying decent money to see the game.
So to answer your question...the JFF made a profit of US$180,000...or TT$1.1M
very nice turn out indeed :o
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »
i wonder if we could ever get dat for a pre-WCQ friendly. they go have to bring brazil or france for dat.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 10:57:40 AM »
I remember in the run up to WC 2006, the TTFF used to publish the Income Statement for each game (well we know de figures were not correct....), are we going to see one for de game just gone??....hhhhhhmmm... :waiting: :waiting:....(not dat the figures will be correct....but at least we goh have something to hold against them down de road....with all de flip flopping dey does do).....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
. Expenses directly relating to the Reggae Boyz - $6.9 million. Included in this are air tickets $2.4m, hotel accommodation and meals $2.3m, incentives/fees $2.2m.

How many were on the squad? Say 22 to make it 0.1 million a piece on incentives and fees. That comes out to ~US$1,400. A little higher than the $400-$1000 the Warriors were offered for Guadeloupe.

edit: from the match report I'm counting 19. That's JA$115,789 or ~US$1,625.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:51:39 AM by E-man »

1]; } ?>