March 28, 2024, 06:34:11 AM

Author Topic: Jones Battles On Despite Knee Knock  (Read 926 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones Battles On Despite Knee Knock
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:23:26 AM »
Jones Battles On Despite Knee Knock

Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones has revealed he's playing through the pain barrier to ensure the Black Cats stave off relegation.

For as long as Sunderland continue to be threatened by relegation, star striker Kenwyne Jones has vowed to keep on playing football, despite suffering from a knee injury. 

The Trinidad international joined the Wearsiders in a £6m move from Southampton in the summer and has proved instrumental in bringing goals to the Stadium of Light. 

Jones has been plagued by a knee problem since January but insists it's not enough to prevent him from turning out for the Black Cats. 

"I have been playing through a bit of an injury but I am fine," he said.  "We all have to do it and everyone has to pull their weight," added the striker, who has scored five times since moving to the north east. 

Confidence

And even if some fans might have hoped for more goals from the big-money signing, Jones insists he's delighted with the faith shown in him by boss Roy Keane. 

"I am happy to hear that the manager has such confidence in me.  But I don't tap into that stuff.  I just put my head down and do what I have to do.  If you start buying into all that you get sidetracked and lose your way. 

"You want to be at a place where you are wanted.  No one wants to get slagged off and I am happy I am liked.  But I still have lots to do to be comfortable and earn that praise." 

New Life

As for life up at Sunderland, Jones admits it was quite a shock at first having got used to the south coast and Southampton.  But fellow Trinidadians Carlos Edwards and Dwight Yorke have ensured he settled in well on Wearside.  "

It is a different way of life up North but having Carlos and Dwight was a bonus," Jones explained.  "The people at the club have helped me settle and it is nice to have friends before you arrive somewhere. 

"Dwight has been here in England for over 20 years and his experience has been vital.  He knows how to act in certain situations and how to go about your job.  We hang out but I am a family man so I spend a lot of time with my wife and kids."

Goal.com UK

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Re: Jones Battles On Despite Knee Knock
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:54:37 AM »
In The Sun newspaper, like Kenwyne sign a marketing deal with Puma, cause he all kitted out in Puma, posing in red and black of course. And they showing what tugs he does wear, and how yuh could get it, blah, blah.

Check it here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article793851.ece
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

1]; } ?>