April 19, 2024, 10:56:03 AM

Author Topic: 6 more Yorkie 6 more  (Read 2337 times)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
6 more Yorkie 6 more
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:36:40 PM »
All-time top scorers in the Premier League
(Premier League goals only) Rank    Player    Goals
1    Flag of England Alan Shearer    261
2    Flag of England Andy Cole    187
3    Flag of France Thierry Henry    174
4    Flag of England Robbie Fowler    161
5    Flag of England Les Ferdinand    150
6    Flag of England Teddy Sheringham    147
7    Flag of England Michael Owen         129
8    Flag of the Netherlands Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink    128
9    Flag of Trinidad and Tobago Dwight Yorke    123 ;D ;D ;D
10    Flag of England Ian Wright    113
As of 10 February 2008 (Bold denotes players still in Premier League).

yorke gradually slipping off d chart  but he will always be the 1st non-english to score 100 goals.  Yorkie ah know is ah hard ask 4 different reasons but i want atleast 6 goals from u in the nex season to equal or pass hasselbaink( think charlton get relugated so.......)

People dream about playing in the Premier League and playing Champions League and Dwight Yorke has not only played in both but he has won both of them,Bugno said.

DWIGHT YORK ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE (EPL) RECORD

1994/95 6 goals (Aston Villa)
1995/96 17 goals (Aston Villa) Fourth on EPL leading scores list
1996/97 17 goals (Aston Villa) Fifth on EPL leading scorers list
1997/98 12 goals (Aston Villa) Seventh on EPL leading scorers list
1998/99 18 goals (Manchester United) Equal leading EPL goal scorer
1999/00 20 goals (Manchester United) Third on EPL leading scorers list
2000/01 9 goals from 22 games (Manchester United)
2001/02 1 goal from 10 games (Manchester United)
2002/03 8 goals (Blackburn)
2003/04 4 goals in 23 games (Blackburn)
2004/05 2 goals in 17 games (Birmingham City)
2007/08  Sunderland fc

Some of Dwight's achievements in the Game.

Trinidad & Tobago Humming Bird Medal Silver (for Sport) in 1993
• Top-scorer for Aston Villa in 1994/1995
• Carling Player of the Month (for February) with Aston Villa in 1996
• League Cup winner's medal with Aston Villa in 1995/1996
• Top-scorer for Aston Villa in 1995/1996
• Aston Villa's Player of the Year in 1995/1996
• Aston Villa's Player of the Year in 1996/1997
• Top-scorer for Aston Villa in 1996/1997
• Trinidad & Tobago Olympic Committee Sports Personality of the Year in 1998
• English Premier League winner's medal with Manchester United in 1998/1999
• English FA Cup winner's medal with Manchester United in 1998/1999
• European Cup winner's medal with Manchester United in 1998/1999
• Carling Player of the Year in 1998/1999
• English Premier League Golden Boot Award (18 goals) in 1998/1999
• Runner-up PFA Player of the Year in 1998/1999
• Voted to the PFA Team of the Year in 1998/1999
• 10th place in FIFA's World Player of the Year ranking in 1999
• Intercontinental Cup winner's medal with Manchester United in 1999
• Trinidad & Tobago Chaconia Medal Gold (for Sport) in 1999
• English Premier League winner's medal with Manchester United in 1999/2000
• Top-scorer for Manchester United in 1999/2000
• English Premier League winner's medal with Manchester United in 2000/2001
• First non-English player to score 100 goals (in a 3-0 win at Derby County) in the Premiership in 2000/2001
• Top-scorer for Blackburn Rovers in 2002/2003
• Tobago House of Assembly Chief Secretary's Award in 2005
• TTFF "Player Of The Year" 2005.

The Trinidad and Tobago international enjoyed better times under Brian Little, scoring the third goal in the 1996 Coca Cola Cup Final win over Leeds United. In the following campaign, 1996/97, he became the first Villa player since 1981 to net 20 League goals in one season.
In his last full season with Villa, 1997/98, Dwight helped them to clinch a place in the UEFA Cup. The club's top scorer with sixteen in all competitions, he found the net in the final fixture, a crucial 1-0 win over champions Arsenal.

....................The next year he became the first United player since Brian McClair in 1988 to score 20 league goals as the Reds cruised to the title

In the premiership, Dion Dublin and Dwight Yorke have done it once, Matt Le Tissier has done it twice. What did they do?

Scored a hat trick but finished on the losing side in an EPL game.

NEWCASTLE, England (Reuters) -- Alan Shearer, who will spearhead Newcastle's attack in the club's FA Cup final against Manchester United on Saturday, gave his Player of the Year vote to United striker Dwight Yorke.
Though he feels Newcastle has a good chance against United at Wembley, Shearer is full of admiration for Yorke.
"I think he's a tremendous player -- not just a goalscorer. I admire him. Dwight works his socks off for the side and links up well with everyone," he said.
Shearer's verdict is a massive boost for Yorke, who lost out on the players' award to Tottenham's David Ginola.

Great Villa Comebacks 4
Rob wrote: I remember in the League Cup (was The Coca Cola Cup then ) in 1996 we drew Arsenal in the semi final with the first leg being played at Highbury.

At the time we were Brain Little's Claret and Blue Army and were doing quite well in the league but Arsenal were still favourites to beat us at their place.

The first-half was fast becoming a disaster, Dennis Bergkamp scored the first goal of the game and within a few minutes Bossie was picking the ball out of the net again after being beaten from 25 yards by the same player.

2-0 down at Highbury and not even half time, how many teams can say they have come back from that?

We responded well and despite the scoreline we never looked jaded by it. Just before halftime the lifeline came, a scramble in the box eventually fell to Dwight Yorke who hit a low drive past David Seaman. 2-1 and the Arsenal fans where not so buoyant now.

Half-time came and went and when the second-half began the Villa fans where quick to get behind the team and help grab us an equaliser that at one point looked like never coming.

A header back across goal from the left nicely fell to the head of Yorkie who was 5 yards out and never looked like missing.

Villa fans went crazy and now believed that we could turn the whole tie on its head. Frank Sinatra would have been proud of the Villa boys with the sound of Dwight Yorke, Dwight Yorke ringing around the clock end.

2-2 was a great score to take to Villa Park but it nearly got a lot better than that, super Tommy Johnson hit the bar from about 25 yards and the rebound fell to Yorkie who was on for the hat trick. With just Seaman to beat it looked like a certain goal but somehow he pulled off a cracking save. We were absolutely gutted.

The game ended 2-2 and we took them back to Villa Park with the away goals in the bag. The return leg ended 0-0 and we qualified for the Final where we beat Leeds 3-0.

This may have not been as big a turn around as the Tranmere semi finals in 1994 but to go to Highbury and show so much spirit and passion to come back from a potential hammering, against one of the best teams in Europe, I think deserves a place as one of Aston Villa's greatest ever comeback moments.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 04:03:11 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 6 more Yorkie 6 more
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 11:00:21 PM »
Dwight had some incredible games and goals with Villa, hopefully one day I (or somebody) could dig them outta de EPL archives

Once Yorke playing I sure his tally will rise, even in defensive mid he does manage to chook in a goal here and there

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:20:29 AM »
hope he boy Keene give him plenty run next season

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 07:48:24 AM »
Everybody know about Yorke Villa days when he hit a chip penalty vs Seaman, but he also had a wicked diving header from just inside the box against Seaman that was amazing.

It in the Yorke documentary that I can't find.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:59:38 AM »
ah couldnt resist  , after seeing  the tnt accomplishment thread
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:51:16 AM »
When I see the headline, ah though Yorke had make six more child yes! :o

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 05:15:08 AM »
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Yorke-sweats-on-Sunderland-future.3772032.jp

Yorke sweats on Sunderland future

Dwight Yorke confesses he doesn't know what the future holds for him beyond his current Sunderland contract, which is up in the summer.
The veteran returned from a calf injury in last night's reserve defeat to Liverpool and has played a bigger part in this season than many felt he would.

He's been an important player for boss Roy Keane in many recent games, operating in a holding midfield role where he is able to use his passing ability to help the side build from the back.

The ex-Manchester United and Aston Villa favourite will be 37 later this year and only two older outfield players are plying their trade in the elite.

Blackburn's Tugay is the oldest at 37 while Derby's former Sunderland defender, Alan Stubbs, is a month older than Yorke, who admitted: "Who knows what is in store for me next year?

"My contract runs out at the end of the season and I will have to sit and see what happens. Will there be an offer here for me? I don't know.

"In the meantime, I have just got to keep trying to do my best for Sunderland Football Club until the end of the season."

Andy Cole's departure for Burnley last month left Yorke in an elite club of players still active in the Premier League having scored more than 100 top-flight goals – the others being Newcastle's Michael Owen and Tottenham's Robbie Keane.

But he has gradually dropped
deeper for the teams he has represented, showing his qualities in midfield at the highest level for Trinidad & Tobago at the 2006 World Cup.

So what next for him – centre-back?

"Tell me about it!" he grinned. "I can't go much further."

But in a more serious tone, he added: "If I didn't think I could be playing there I would happily walk away from the game today.

"I felt I could play in this position I'm playing today and I feel I can compete with some of the young lads still.

"I'll keep going until the moment comes when I can't help the team or contribute to the team in any way, then I will certainly walk away.

"Right now I'm still enjoying the game, even though I would like to win a few more matches, which would make life a lot easier for all of us."

Yorke has missed Sunderland's last two games, including last weekend's 2-0 home win over fellow strugglers Wigan.

The full article contains 441 words and appears in Sunderland Echo newspaper.
Last Updated: 13 February 2008 10:39 AM

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 07:34:29 AM »
He had score one in that beating they get from Spurs not so? Don't see that one included in de article of the original post. Can't remember if he got another one too but I know it ain't more than 2 in the EPL with Sunderland

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 07:36:43 AM »
He had score one in that beating they get from Spurs not so?
Everton.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 08:32:24 AM »
the man is truly de most accomplished player from de caribbean.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

1]; } ?>