April 28, 2024, 11:58:23 AM

Author Topic: Barnes impressed by T&T talent Digicel clinic Vid  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barnes impressed by T&T talent Digicel clinic Vid
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:18:06 AM »
Trinidad Digicel kick start football clinics on track.
By: Digicelfootball.
[/size]

Second to last stop for the Digicel Clinics takes John Barnes to Trinidad

Port of Spain, Trinidad: At a press Briefing held on the first day of the Trinidad Digicel Clinics, Head Coach John Barnes, whose father is from Trinidad, expressed his anticipation and excitement in being in Trinidad to train with the National U-20: “I have been waiting to get to Trinidad. Throughout the last 6 countries, I have seen high quality, some I expected, and others that surprised me. But I have been looking forward to coming to Trinidad especially. Trinidad has now proven to be a Caribbean football powerhouse, with playing in the last World Cup, and now with four players in England. There has been a development in Trinidad football and I am happy to, along with Digicel, be a part of furthering that development.”
President of the Caribbean Football Union, Jack Warner, expressed his delight in having Digicel bring John Barnes to Trinidad: “I am extremely pleased by the work Digicel has to done in an effort to develop Caribbean Football. Bringing a Caribbean Football legend like John to Trinidad will give the youth of the Caribbean hope. It will strengthen Caribbean Football and aid us in shining on the international stage.”
23 young footballers along with five coaches attended day one of the Digicel Clinics at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Port of Spain yesterday. Among the coaches was Head Coach of the National U20 team, Anton Corneal, son of the Trinidad football legend Alvin Corneal. Anton gave his impression of the first day of the Digicel Clinics in Trinidad: “It is a good learning experience for these young players. Its good for them to hear advice and disciplines from a former international player and coach who comes from the same background as them. Meeting a legend and relating to him on this level has shown them that they too can make it. A Trinidad U20 player has as good a chance as anybody to be a part of the select six to go to Sunderland.”
The three day Trinidad Digicel Kick Start Football Clinics ends on Monday February 11 with a match between the National U-20 and Joe Public Football Club at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Port of Spain. The Digicel Clinics then moves on to Jamaica for the final leg ending Saturday February 16.
At the end of February John Barnes will select the six most talented footballers who will be offered the once in a lifetime opportunity to travel to the UK to take part in one week’s training at English Premier League side Sunderland AFC’s Academy of Light.
Barnes impressed by T&T talent.
Trinidad Express

The talent showcased in the Trinidad and Tobago leg of the Digicel Kick Start Football Clinic over the weekend has greatly impressed former England international John Barnes.
Barnes, head coach in the series of eight clinics in countries throughout the region, likened the ability of the youngsters on show to former national skipper Dwight Yorke.
"I'd like to thank you all for your hard work, discipline, diligence and enthusiasm over the past three days," Barnes told the youngsters at the end of the clinic on Monday at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.
"I hope that you continue on this path of professionalism. Today you have proved that players such as Dwight Yorke are not a rarity in Trinidad."
Among the members of the T&T football fraternity looking on during the camp were new senior national coach, Columbian Francisco Maturana, and assistant national coach Anton Corneal, along with T&T Football Federation special adviser Jack Warner. Barnes now travels to Jamaica for the eighth and final installment of the clinic, which ends on Saturday.
At the end of the CFU-sponsored eight-country Digicel Kick Start Clinic tour, Barnes will announce the select six chosen to train at Sunderland FC's Academy of Light for one week next month. The announcement will take place in Kingston, Jamaica at the end of this month.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:43:06 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barnes impressed by T&T talent
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:19:53 AM »
Barnes always "impressed". Like he go say he wasnt impressed he say de same ting every place he went.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:39:54 AM »
yea he probably will....on the news over here in jamaica he said that haiti was the most impressive thus far tho.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:26:34 AM »
Barnes always "impressed". Like he go say he wasnt impressed he say de same ting every place he went.

waaay is the exact same thing i thinking u know...

barnes playing politics...

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 07:48:16 AM »
Like you eh see who was in attendance or wha? Jack was there, what else yuh want him to say?  ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »
well don't think he is going to say they are all rubbish.

Given this is the last week, does anybody know of the likely "names in the frame" who you think should be going, just interested to see if any names pop in both lists.

Offline rick titus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:31:35 AM »
I think Barnes is just saying what some of us already know. If you give people a chance that have never had one, you will find many that can make the grade. Their is wealth of talent in the islands just waiting for the opportunity to be seen, and hopefully what Barnes is doing will allow it to flourish! I applaud him, and I hope he keeps doing what he's doing. It is positive for the youths, and it helps them to acheive their goals! He's not playing politics, he's seeing the talent that we already knew existed in the islands and he's telling it to the rest of the world.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 09:48:32 AM »
That article makes no sence, the headline deciving.

They should call Barnes John "Impress" Barnes. He impress with everybody, wait till he go Jamaica, he go be impress again....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »
I wonder what allyuh woulda say if he said "Well the talent level is actually really poor none of these youngsters would be able to make it in england.....I'd like to thank the ttfa for having me"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 02:00:05 PM »
Under 20 team pic

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 02:14:51 PM »
read between the lines ppl

the problem with our football and regional footbal land developing countries football is the management, systems facilities and mentorship needed to develop football properly.

natural athletic ability is something born unto individuals, the difference is how we culture, nutture and develop those with tallent and imprve the mediocre ones as well.

ergo increase the level, increase the knowledge increase the management, and provide relevant infrastructure and systems to sustain such

but maybe thats too much for jacks wallet and the gov't coffers to spit out

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Barnes impressed by T&T talent Digicel clinic Vid
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 05:03:14 PM »
From what I was told by Mike Berry. "John Barnes felt the most impressive display was in Haiti and they were the most talented group he worked with which is a great credit to that nation. It will be interesting to see his final selection which has now been increased to 8. The winning candidates will enjoy a superb trip to the UK courtesey of DIGICEL and experience all the thrills of training as a Premiership Player and mixing with the 3 Trinis."  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:04:47 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 05:13:19 PM »
From what I was told by Mike Berry. "John Barnes felt the most impressive display was in Haiti and they were the most talented group he worked with which is a great credit to that nation. It will be interesting to see his final selection which has now been increased to 8. The winning candidates will enjoy a superb trip to the UK courtesey of DIGICEL and experience all the thrills of training as a Premiership Player and mixing with the 3 Trinis."  ;D

based on that display Haiti gave in the under 17 world cup they would be pressure in the under 20 we better buck up ... As toussaint said most of the under 17 team players got contracts in france..
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 05:15:08 PM by Flex »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 06:35:55 PM »

A training session in Port-au-Prince (youth team).

...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 06:36:30 PM »
Is it me, or some ah dem Under 20 fellas looking nashy nashy?  :-\
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 06:46:27 PM »
If you're talking about the guys in my pic, I believe they're under-23 (The olympic team). I had a pic of Barnes and the guys he met in haiti. Unfortunately, I cannot find it.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
If you're talking about the guys in my pic, I believe they're under-23 (The olympic team). I had a pic of Barnes and the guys he met in haiti. Unfortunately, I cannot find it.

hey is your under 20 team in training? any new names we can look foward to seeing

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »

hey is your under 20 team in training? any new names we can look foward to seeing

Toussaint, Is it true Wagneau Eloi is now the national coach?

1]; } ?>