April 28, 2024, 02:31:34 AM

Author Topic: Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international.  (Read 11481 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 05:15:56 PM »
Sometimes I wonder what the foreign born TT players think when the find out about TTFF. After the way the treat Birchall, do you guys thinks they would want to play for TT?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »
I just asked Fuentes about Findley and he said he is still eligible to play for us. However, he has not responded to the call as yet...

i hope he respond possitively 

Maturana  moving rel nice  :beermug: things looking good
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 05:24:28 PM »
Loads of penitential in that squad !

Finally some good news and nice to hear Martuana have T&T at heart even for the future. I am very happy.

I too happy yes, I going and pelt ah jock...

TOO MUCH INFO!!!!
TMI
T.M.F'ing.I.!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »
lets hope birchy will get the call with the foreing based
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »
I have a great respect for this mans approach so far. I’m not saying he is a good or bad coach but so far his professionalism has been great. Our last coach only insulted our football and although he was right about the poor quality of local football, he didn’t have to publicly ridicule our local players the way he did.

I’m very curious to see if Maturana can get us there.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
I feeling optimistic that Birchy will  ....Is obvious that Pacho calling the shots now and not Anton......

Offline jumbie212002

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
Not a bad team, but where is Trent Noel and Cleon John, these 2 guys who play with Jabloteh have been dropped. Both players had a fantastic season in the league, Cleon taking the #1 spot from Durance, yet he has not had a chance to show what he can do, and Tent has been a strong player this year, and was the national captain for some of the warmup games.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2008, 06:01:59 PM »
It will be interesting to see the U17 graduates play.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
I like this coach he leaving on stone unturned now when he pick his squad we could these are the best of the bunch
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »
juliussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

neavessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

two men from st james sec dey so yuh know we cya go wrong

paulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

big up to smalll mag dat player is a friggin genius

el salvador we go beat people
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 06:35:57 PM »
Btw i like the Robbie Finley call up
Robbie Findley has already played for the US Senior Team.
So did de guzman for canada, but he jumped ship to play for holland, didn't he ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »
Maturana mixes his picks for next warm-up international.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago Senior Team head coach Francisco Maturana has selected his squad of home-based players to prepare for an upcoming friendly international at home to El Salvador scheduled for March 19.
Maturana, after viewing the majority home-based players over three matches and several training sessions, has kept some faces in the mix and has invited three players who represented this country at the FIFA Under 17 World Championship last year – defenders Daneil Cyrus and Akeem Adams and midfielder Leston Paul.Current National Under 20 striker Jamaal Gay has also been called up. Making a return to the team is Joe Public striker Gary Glasgow, defender Keyeno Thomas and 2006 World Cup team midfielder Aurtis Whitley.

That is de best news in all of this.

I mentioned before that this would be the best move ever. I am surprised no one said any thing about that.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »
We will jump on the bandwagon after the next game. Well, that is if we win.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 07:49:34 PM »
Anybody got any updates/comments on Silas Spann.
I remember hearing his name alot back when Wim first took over, then he seemed to disappear.  Has he been playing?
playing well?
how is his attitude?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 07:54:14 PM »
Nice mix. good start for Maturana, let's see what happens.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 08:02:12 PM »
We will jump on the bandwagon after the next game. Well, that is if we win.

deeks yuh notice eh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 08:05:15 PM »
So did de guzman for canada, but he jumped ship to play for holland, didn't he ?
Different De Guzman. That's his brother.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »
I like what I hearing here, this will be nice to have some of them under 17 and under 20 youths to show their skill. Julius James and Makan Hislop will do just fine.  Like I said earlier today on a different thread, some of the men who playing on the senior team had their chance and throw away, now it's time for a change.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 08:53:36 PM »
where does makan play football also i see they forgot about Yohance Marshall
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »
Allyuh doh get upset with meh but everytime they say players invited I looking for some unknown names,only to find out is the same lux soap they using,is almost like ah bunch ah dead horses......

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »
well its about time....i have faith in maturana. he eh making joke and making he own moves. if el salvador confirm a date we puttin 3 or 4 on dem.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 11:03:23 PM »
 Listen...so far so good...since the Germany time I always maintained the stance of it being better to lose with young players than to win with 'old' players...If he can get wins out of them I think it will be good for both our current football and future...Maturana is from South America so I figure the brand of football he will be enforcing will be more adaptable to play for our players...So far he have my backing ...I hope turn out bad but so far so good...Go T&T!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2008, 03:52:05 AM »
Different De Guzman. That's his brother.
thanx cory .         positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2008, 09:19:33 AM »

RECALL FOR WHITLEY
T&T coach Maturana selects six teenagers
Lasana Liburd

Saturday, February 16th 2008

team selection: Trinidad and Tobago head coach Francisco Maturana, right, chats with assistant coach Anton Corneal during yesterday's meeting at the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's Technical Department office.

Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup midfielder Aurtis Whitley should mark his return to international football on March 19 against El Salvador after a 16-month exile from the national set-up.

Whitley played a starring role for the "Soca Warriors" as they clinched a World Cup berth for the first time in 2005-he was preferred in central midfield to captain Dwight Yorke in Bahrain on November 15-while he featured in all three matches in Germany 2006.

The Vibe CT 105 W Connection playmaker was among 16 players blacklisted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF), five months later, over a World Cup bonus dispute, while his club career was punctuated by absences for "personal reasons". However, new national coach Francisco Maturana is willing to gamble on the talented midfielder.

"The past is history and I am not concerned about that," Maturana told T&TFF media officer Shaun Fuentes via a translator. "I am interested in making new history... We told (Whitley) that we want to know his level of commitment and he has assured us of this.

"All the players that represent the country must be committed."

Whitley heads a 22-man list for the home friendly that will not feature any Europe-based players since it falls outside of the FIFA international calendar. There were two interesting inclusions from the United States, though, as 22-year-old Major League Soccer (MLS) strikers Randi Patterson and Robbie Findley-both US citizens-were included.

Findley and Patterson were born in Arizona and New Jersey, respectively, to Trinbagonian parents who migrated to North America. Findley is the more accomplished of the pair after scoring nine goals in his debut MLS season last year for Los Angeles Galaxy and Real Salt Lake. He was a last-minute substitute for the United States in a friendly win over Switzerland last October but can still switch loyalties as he has not represented either nation in a competitive fixture.

Thus far, Findley is the only player from the 22-man shortlist who has not confirmed his availability.

Patterson signed for New York Red Bull last season but failed to win any playing time, with Colombian forward Juan Pablo Angel and US wonder kid Jozy Altidore firmly established up front.

The third MLS player in Maturana's squad is new Toronto FC recruit and versatile 23-year-old defender Julius James.

James, who played alongside Kenwyne Jones and Jan-Michael Williams at the 2001 Under-17 World Cup, is coming off a stand-out season with University of Connecticut.

Left side US collegiate players, Kevon Neaves and Ancil Farrier, complete the list of overseas players who will join the Warriors.

Maturana also offered a chance for six teenagers to wear senior team colours in what he described as an effort to secure the future of local football.

Eighteen-year-old CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh midfielder Khaleem Hyland maintains his place from the Ash Wednesday friendly against Guadeloupe, while his club teammate, attacker Lester Peltier, is also selected.

The teenaged quartet of El Dorado Secondary striker Jamaal Gay and 2007 Under-17 World Cup players Leston Paul, Akeem Edwards and Daniel Cyrus also earned call-ups.

Bmobile Joe Public midfielder Silas Spann, United Petrotrin midfielder Keon Daniel, Defence Force left back Aklie Edwards and Jabloteh pair of playmaker Ataullah Guerra and defender Karlon Murray are under-23.

Marvin Phillip, Kern Cupid (both W. Connection), Seon Power, Keyeno Thomas, Gary Glasgow (all Joe Public), Keston Williams (Defence Force), Hayden Tinto (Caledonia AIA), Jason Marcano, Daurance Williams (Jabloteh) and Makan Hislop complete the list of invited players.

At least 12 players from the present squad should maintain their places for the friendly against Jamaica on March 26, which falls within the FIFA international calendar and would therefore feature several Europe-based players.

Thre are some different or additional names here to the previous list posted at thew beginning o the article.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
Sometimes I wonder what the foreign born TT players think when the find out about TTFF. After the way the treat Birchall, do you guys thinks they would want to play for TT?
How did they treat Birchall???
TnT Patriot

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2008, 09:41:54 AM »
How did they treat Birchall???

invite the man to sweat for we country and then pay him a 500 pounds
and he has been left out since then.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:46:44 AM by Mr Mc »

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »
Excellent......i love the aspect of getting the youths involved...if i may take a page out of the professor..wenger..footballing tactics....lets get a TEAM....that plays as one...lets put faith in the youth who has the true potential and skill..True they may be lacking international experience....but keep them playing TOGETHER... on a consistent basis and we will see progress....the overseas players who come back to join up with the team has to be exceptional players that boost the locals...I dont agree with pushing overseas players onto the team whose ability isnt great....We got the talent at home...and hopefully Corneal isnt making the final decisions.....so far so good..lets see what happens on the pitch now...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »
bring back Birchall Maturana  ;D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
i love how he bringing in de youths so they get familiar with de senior system from early.is about time ah coach started looking at 17 an 18 year old players, now they have to show  why he picked them all de best to de team an coach.  good to see J.James go get ah call up.

bring back Birchall
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
With Corneal callin de shots, we will NEVER...I repeat..NEVER SEE CHRISTOPHER BIRCHALL EVEN CALLED UP FOR T&T AGAIN
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>