April 26, 2024, 03:46:47 AM

Author Topic: Warner: Haiti a model to follow  (Read 1753 times)

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
Warner: Haiti a model to follow
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:06:11 AM »
Warner: Haiti a model to follow Trinidad Guardian

BRIDGETOWN—Concacaf boss Jack Warner has touted Haiti as a model of development for all Caribbean teams to follow.

The French country, unsettled by civil unrest and conflict, defied the odds to win the Digicel Caribbean Cup last year, beating powerhouses T&T 2-1 in the final last year.

“I think Haiti is the most advanced country in football in the Caribbean today. And when you consider the limited resources which they have and what they have been able to achieve, what they have done is even more commendable,” Warner said recently.

“That is why it puts a lie to what we like to complain about in the Caribbean. We complain we don’t have balls, we don’t have equipment … we don’t have all kinds of things.

“We in the Caribbean are a bunch of complainers, we complain for any and everything but Haiti has shown that you can achieve almost everything with nothing and this is what I believe makes Haiti so attractive to me and many of my other colleagues.”

It was the first time Haiti, one of the most impoverish Caribbean countries, had won the regional tournament in only the second time contesting the final, in the competition’s 18-year history.

The victory qualified them for the Concacaf Gold Cup in the United States where they finished bottom of Group A after draws with Guadeloupe and Costa Rica and a defeat in their final match to Canada. (CMC)

Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Warner: Haiti a model to follow
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »
Warner why yuh doh jus drop ded , one day yuh go open yuh mouth and nuttin would come out .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:42:07 AM »
Aye Zulu!..where yuh get that boss picture (stalin)...Dat man is a  boss artist

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »
Jack haul yuh fugly mudda c**t...why is Haiti a model to follow..because they Federation pres/advisor not thiefing and stifling dem to facking death?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:14:01 AM »
Actually they have a very good youth programme and it was evident in the junior tournaments that they participated in.

They ran rings around us and wined on us in our very own HC stadium.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 11:14:50 AM »
Jack haul yuh fugly mudda c**t...why is Haiti a model to follow..because they Federation pres/advisor not thiefing and stifling dem to facking death?

It's the model to follow so that we can learn how to do without while JW continues to skim everything off the top, middle and bottom.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Actually they have a very good youth programme and it was evident in the junior tournaments that they participated in.

They ran rings around us and wined on us in our very own HC stadium.

Point noted...but as E-man suggests, there's no reason why we can't have the same except for the void of leadership at the top of Trini football.  Was not in any way meant to disparage Haiti and their programme.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 12:27:05 PM »
BTW have they announced their new manager yet? I know the last one quit a couple months ago.

edit:
they just announced yesterday

"This week the FHF announced the new men's national team coach will be Edwidge Dufresne from the United States of America, this news coming after Luis Garcia decided to resign last month."

edit 2:  ;) apparently he's a plumber

edit 3: definitely a hoax, no announcement yet
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:28:33 PM by E-man »

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 01:02:39 PM »
Oh my...the pot calling the kettle Jack
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 01:07:02 PM »
Haiti i think has benefited from the fifa gol project  with a training centre  during the civil unrest it was destroyed and rebuilt check the youtube vid about haiti under 17 team .. it is funded by fifa for .5 million a year .... I wonder if were to have sumthing like fom fifa  :o but he money went smewhere else

The Rebirth of A Nation - Haiti U17 Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF78-Q4N-Ng

Jamaica has an academy building also they to got help from fifa gol project ... Well Trinidad and Tobago  :( don't know what to say ... we have the concacaf centre of excellence in my view that is for  Joe public exclusively but it should have been used as our academy ....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:13:23 PM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
Haiti is doing well right now, they have improved alot both senior and youth levels these last couple years

1]; } ?>