March 28, 2024, 05:48:42 PM

Author Topic: Warner tests coach's selection philosophy.  (Read 12263 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner tests coach's selection philosophy.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »
The national stadium did not sell out when the brazilian  old all stars came to play us back in 2004? People would pay money to come and see Rooney Gerrard A Cole Bentley etc .. Ignore the  that ash Wednesday game people had the hang over from carnival  .i hope Yorke and latapy decline any invitation...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »
wa we want yorke an latas takin up spots for?..to get blown past by bentley? hard jam from barry? i tink is time we put aside sentiment for dis one..if maturana is working with the young bloods from all now u tellin me in jus over 3 months come time for big friendly dey have to scrub bench jus cuz we wanna 'see' latas and yorke?..see wat?!..dis is a good chance for some of dese youths to be exposed on an international stage and im sure will be watched by guzillion scouts back in d UK an europe...if yorke an latas wanna contribute let dem do so in d backroom staff...leh yorke an latas sign autograph outside d stadium if yuh wanna jus see dem...im really likin pacho's youth philosophy..i tired seein a soca warrior side wit recycled and reused players...leh we look forward nuh

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »
Under all the kicks why should they refuse?

To line up vs England at home in POS...to wear the red black and white.

To have all your family, friends and most of all fans get the chance to see you again and to go out in a "Blaze of Glory"

and finally...toget a chance to recreate The ZEN Experience

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
Under all the kicks why should they refuse?

To line up vs England at home in POS...to wear the red black and white.

To have all your family, friends and most of all fans get the chance to see you again and to go out in a "Blaze of Glory"

and finally...toget a chance to recreate The ZEN Experience

So both players should be selfish  touches and think about themselves ...  I doubt that trinidad football is bigger than them 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »
I do not see a problem with inviting Yorke and Latapy to play for 10 minutes in a game which is seems is first a centennial testimonial.  But Maturana have a job to do and can still use most of the game to kook at his players.  My problem with this whole deal is that it hits the papers in February.  That is because JW always wants to upstage people.  He could have quietly gone to Maturana and say, 

"Look, this is a testimonial and these two guys have done a lot for our football.  I would like to invite them to the game and have them play for a few minutes as an honor to them and recognition of what they have done for TT football.  It will be good for our fans as well to see them for the last time, and the rest of the game we have our best players and beat England."

Maturana is a reasonable man and could hardly refuse a respectfull request.  But Jack wants to be seen as the boss and so the proposal hits the media.  We can certainly accomplish everything and everyone can be happy if it is approached in a respectfull and reasonable way.  And we still don't know if Latapy and Yorke want to play.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 09:19:13 PM »
Damed if you do,damed if you do not,if this game comes to pass,it will sure Tell us how much balls the new coach has,I pray that he tells Jack to shut up
It allways nostalgic when looking back but 2010 is almost upon us and there is no commitment from Yorke  to date as to wether he will be with us on this campaign,so I say let the coach do his stuff,with the talent thats available,we have already wasted time with Jack and his bullshit mentality and we are not sure as to who relay wants to play seeing that THE ADVISER ,is still trying to squeeze big man balls in this day and age
If Jack want that much input then fire the coach and let Jack run the whole show he can even be the coach but it Will not be T&T but Jack`s team,which as it appears to me is what it is already

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:44 AM »
Because the reality of the situation is that NOBODY except the 20 of us local based who going to the game will pay 400 to watch Hyland or Daniel.

However the whole of Trinidad will pay 600 + to see Yorke and Latapy one last time in the flesh vs Gerrard and Rooney.

Progress and Development could take a rest for one more game.

That is the reailty.

look de answer right dey...who go sell de most tickets

Jack studyin de pocket first and foremost.then after dat he studying he pocket...then he wallet third..then patriotism will be 5th behind he son pocket

For both posts..... :applause: :applause: :salute:

,it will sure Tell us how much balls the new coach has,I pray that he tells Jack to shut up

On an old episode of 60 mins, ah translator was afraid to tell the Ayatolah Khomeni what the interviewer from CBS asked.....

Ah feel Anton goh be in de same position if Maturana want to tell JacK shut up.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 07:57:59 AM »
You know why its a good move...

Because nobody on the TT team better than two of them even at their age.

Bring them down to the camp and have them train with the youths.

Even if it is to pull up in a rental and have one youth man look at a watch, item of clothing or a pair of personalised boots...something that could inspire you to dream, set a target and say yes...I want that.

Watch meh yuh does be in awe when yuh standing amongst greats...I wonder which small man growing up does be in awe at some of the fellas on the team today.

Even if you give both of them fellas 20 min. Having them around will do wonders to all involved.

Its a feel good factor that you cannot deny or escape. A sense of calm, a feeling that something can happen, a moment of magic and brilliance.......and that dear readers is what the non footballing public will pay to see.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 08:00:34 AM »
is Mr Liburd reporting, commenting or hypothesizin and joinin the ranks of seer men......as someone said if he(Maturana) is receptive, he damn if he do, an damn if he don't...is one ting to bash Jack, buh doh put the new coach in more headache than he need nah...he come with ah open mind, let Jack close it if dah is how it must go, buh let we (Lisana is one ah we imo)) doh be ah part of that closure/pressure tactic..what jus to say....we did tell him so....ah doh think he go listen to we (fans) before anybody else...so let Maturana decisions take it's coure, an not..Patriot or Valderama did tell im what to do...dahs why we get what we get...some go sing either way...."as long as ah get it, ah ...."

easy Mr. Liburd doh jump the gun  

this was exactly my point!!  this article stirring up unneccesary bachannal!!

Let's wait to see how it unfolds, not bring it into being!

Another point, i disagree with allyuh fellas! ENGLAND WILL SELL WITH OR WITHOUT YORKE AND LATAS!

Not everyone was fortunate like me to go to the world cup and see them players in the flesh.  

Seeing England play have nothing to do with patriotism, man who hate Trinidad going and come to see Rooney, Ferdninand, Gerrard, Lampard in the flesh.  That game going and score and it going and score big.  England could be playing against the Under 23 side that Grenada beat! People going and come and see the three lions.

Yorke and Latas will bring some sentiment to the game but in terms of dollars and cents, it ent going and make a difference.

Maybe if it was a second tier team like Belgium or Ireland or Ecuador or Japan or Nigeria then i could see the need for the "Yorke and Latas pull".  But Trinidad people live and breath English football on their TV screens so i telling you that Jack going and make money regardless!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 08:09:47 AM »
But Andre is Lampard and dem self I going and see.

I want to watch the players who I does put on meh Fantasy League side on a weekly basis.

It is entertainment. I will pay top $$$ to see men run hard and do things that the avg player cannot do.

I will pay top $$$ to see a 30 yard bullet from Gerrard live.

You pay money according to the quality that is on display.

Conversely

You can understand why man was bawling to pay 150 to see Guadeloupe and the stands were empty.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 08:28:25 AM »
Were not Yorke and Latas on the Black-list
Warner is ah Joke yes

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
But Andre is Lampard and dem self I going and see.

I want to watch the players who I does put on meh Fantasy League side on a weekly basis.

It is entertainment. I will pay top $$$ to see men run hard and do things that the avg player cannot do.

I will pay top $$$ to see a 30 yard bullet from Gerrard live.

You pay money according to the quality that is on display.

Conversely

You can understand why man was bawling to pay 150 to see Guadeloupe and the stands were empty.

Exactly my point, but i am seeing in a previous post you and JDB suggesting that the "real" pull would be yorke and latas

Because the reality of the situation is that NOBODY except the 20 of us local based who going to the game will pay 400 to watch Hyland or Daniel.

However the whole of Trinidad will pay 600 + to see Yorke and Latapy one last time in the flesh vs Gerrard and Rooney.

Progress and Development could take a rest for one more game.

Besides they was lucky to get a sweat vs Guadelope in the first place.

That is the reailty.

Yuh hit the nail on the head there Touches.

Jack have a game to sell. England is a big draw but England vs Dwight and Latas is the biggest.

if Dwight and Latas play they should ask for a percentage of the gate. Not the profit because we know jack will claim that we take a loss on the game.

My point is that England could be playing against an All Star Socawarriors.net forum team and the price is 1000 covered and 700 uncovered adn the stadium will ram out!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »

My point is that England could be playing against an All Star Socawarriors.net forum team and the price is 1000 covered and 700 uncovered adn the stadium will ram out!!

ah love it!!

I want tuh come off de bench for this team andre... lol :devil: :devil:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 11:06:55 AM »
Just my 2 cents,if England coming to play T&T in Trinidad who you all think going to attract the crowd,bringing back Yorke and Latapy or the English national team players and their Coach?this really should be a none issue,nobody wants to see them fellas,we used to seeing them already,how long are we trying to hold on to these two guys,they retired before we brought them back(alright fine),they retire again(what now),time to move on.We complain about exposure and experience for our younger/local players,we always waiting for the serious games to expose them then say they no good,playing against players of that calibre is a psychological blow mind for inexperience players,now is the time to get these guys in there.

I like what this new Coach is doing,the only thing i'm fearfull off is that he don't have enough time to accomplish what he wants too,what he implementing takes time,how much time he has is anyone's guess because WC qualifying is upon us,i know people just waiting to compare him with other Coaches and say i told you so,but it's T&T Football everybody knows.Anybody that knows Jack know he has a history of interfering in the selection of our national teams,i don't know this Coach but so far he is making decisions and standing firm on them,real Coaches stand by what ever decisions they make right or wrong,does Jack have another Coach ready at this stage if this one don't work for him?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
Just my 2 cents,if England coming to play T&T in Trinidad who you all think going to attract the crowd,bringing back Yorke and Latapy or the English national team players and their Coach?this really should be a none issue,nobody wants to see them fellas,we used to seeing them already,how long are we trying to hold on to these two guys,they retired before we brought them back(alright fine),they retire again(what now),time to move on.We complain about exposure and experience for our younger/local players,we always waiting for the serious games to expose them then say they no good,playing against players of that calibre is a psychological blow mind for inexperience players,now is the time to get these guys in there.

I like what this new Coach is doing,the only thing i'm fearfull off is that he don't have enough time to accomplish what he wants too,what he implementing takes time,how much time he has is anyone's guess because WC qualifying is upon us,i know people just waiting to compare him with other Coaches and say i told you so,but it's T&T Football everybody knows.Anybody that knows Jack know he has a history of interfering in the selection of our national teams,i don't know this Coach but so far he is making decisions and standing firm on them,real Coaches stand by what ever decisions they make right or wrong,does Jack have another Coach ready at this stage if this one don't work for him?

the best response ive heard so far breds :beermug: real knowledge by coops here, if yorkeget selected by maturana, fine, but if not, i rather see a youth, local or another player part of the 2010 set up play and do well, i see yorke many times, people have to put aside seeing latas and yorke, i want tuh see players like guerra and dem play and do well against england, bc they are our future, yorke and latas are the past, they have served well, heading into the qualifying campaign we need to focus on gettin ready to go to another world cup not testimonial matches that mean nuttin to us qualifying again... and if u dont want 2 pay 2 see local and youths play england, dont go, stay home and watch de match bc if i was home, no matter who playing for the red, white and black, i goin 2 see dem beat england...

God is de BOSS.....

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »
Lasana is right, why are we wasting a valuable friendly that could benefit the youths for a life time on two retired players ? Might be three things.

1. Persuading Yorke to come back.

2. Offering Latapy assistant coach position.

3. More dollars at the gate for Jack.

Something is up.

Ah was going and type dat, not de same words, but it would mean de same thing. Trust meh something really up. May be wid de tapes he looked at and den looking at our talent available, he made a decision to have Yorke and Latapy in de mix tuh help de team fuh de 2010 WCQ. These guys are still fit, performing at a very high level, against much younger players. I eh worried about dat fuh now nah. Fack dat, leh we enjoy de moment, when de game over, den we go worry and think about what next fuh Yorke and Latapy. Fuh right now, Latapyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy will be back  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:32:00 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »
Touches.....is Lampard yuh going tuh see ??...wham ?..it have no Arsenal men dey o wha ??...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »
Allthough I agree with sentiments in general, let us noyt forget that the reason this game is being organized (if JW is right) is to celebrate the 100th year.  Without the centennial celebration, I would say Yorke and Latapy aboslutely not.  However, nothing wrong with showcasing them for a ten minute sweat, then getting serious for the next 80 minutes.  Don't tell me that soehow that will nullify all the plans the coach have.  Again, my objection is that hthis should even be discussed in the media at this point.   Jack should talk with Maturana and shut his big mouth.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 09:48:47 PM »
D waggonist go come 2 see Latas and Yorke and we will come to see Rooney etal. JW will laugh he way 2 d bank as per usual
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 06:41:38 AM »
Touches.....is Lampard yuh going tuh see ??...wham ?..it have no Arsenal men dey o wha ??...

;D Only Walcott but I am sure Seon Power go have him in he back pocket.

Lampard vs Theobold is a more intriguing encounter

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 08:00:32 AM »
THE 20-25 a we goin the game cuz is a trinidad game and try as we like we will go any tnt game cuz thats how we is

the rest a d island comin to see the prem men who hav them gettin cus from  they wife every saturday and sunday mornin and who the peltin out a sportsmax price to see

;D
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:26 AM »
what make allyuh assume all the die hard T&T football fans does log on to this site?

having internet access is some kinda pre-requisite?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 09:13:14 AM »
so yuh go read all them local articles about socawarriors.net , google soca warriors or ttff or trindad football and never even stun=mble on the site

if yuh is a die hard yuh right friggin here somewhere
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 09:32:41 AM »
Allthough I agree with sentiments in general, let us noyt forget that the reason this game is being organized (if JW is right) is to celebrate the 100th year.  Without the centennial celebration, I would say Yorke and Latapy aboslutely not.  However, nothing wrong with showcasing them for a ten minute sweat, then getting serious for the next 80 minutes.  Don't tell me that soehow that will nullify all the plans the coach have.  Again, my objection is that hthis should even be discussed in the media at this point.   Jack should talk with Maturana and shut his big mouth.

yuh really think them men flying all the way back here for a 10 minutes?
is that even fair to them, if they playing let them at least sweat a half. it go jus be a half a future player doh get a sweat.
there is however a simple soltuion to this problem, the TTFF jus have to make sure there are enough other games with which to prepare the team.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »
so yuh go read all them local articles about socawarriors.net , google soca warriors or ttff or trindad football and never even stun=mble on the site

if yuh is a die hard yuh right friggin here somewhere

lol..

Well i guess all die-hard trini fans from the demographic of society that have internet access (far less internet literacy) to be on this website on a regular basis..

okk then..

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »
Marcelle actually made his debut against Swedent. Not Gothernburgh.

Zchwartikus was the Coach.

We got 5-0 in that game.

VB
VB - you're correct, it was Sweden and that was the score ...I could not remember the coach's name. Anyway, do you know who Renrick Jones (Jonesy)was. He was playing for Maple at the time, and later played for ASL before moving to Brooklyn.

The name sounds familiar but so many years later, I am not sure.

For some reason,, the name Roderick Jones is in my head :-)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>