April 26, 2024, 10:54:43 AM

Author Topic: Warner now backs England's World Cup Bid?  (Read 3190 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Warner now backs England's World Cup Bid?
« on: February 14, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=507930&cc=5901

Warner backing for England's World Cup bid

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner believes the 'time has come' for England to host another World Cup.

Warner had initially said he was against FIFA's decision to change the rotation rules which would enable Europe to host the tournament in 2018.

The 65-year-old had also been previously claimed England would be unlikely to win the race to stage the showpiece in 10 years' time.

But Warner, who is also president of the CONCACAF executive committee, has now come out and said England deserve to host the tournament having lost out to Germany in 2006.

'It is England's time. The fact is they invented this sport. They last held the World Cup 42 years ago,' Warner told Sky Sports News.

'That is almost two to three generations. There are guys in England who have never seen a World Cup on English soil. I am saying that the time has come for England to come into its own.

'They have a lot of things in place and CONCACAF is one of the the strongest supporters of England.'

Warner, who had been quoted as saying England were an 'irritant' disliked by the rest of Europe, reaffirmed his feeling that the country are not very popular within UEFA.

'I was critical of The FA (in the past). There seems to be some kind of situation where England was marginalised,' Warner said.

'If England's time (to host the World Cup) is 2018, I would be happy for them.

'But the feeling in Europe from time to time that this view (of supporting England) is not a collective view held behind closed doors.'

Warner also expressed his desire for a friendly between England and Trinidad and Tobago football in the summer.

The two countries last met in the group stages of the 2006 World Cup.

Warner added: 'We have agreed to hold discussions which is positive but we shall wait and see if we can sort something out.'
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner now backs England's World Cup Bid?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »
 ;D ;D .. 2 good things for me.. England hosting a WC and TnT playing them in Trini

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:13:02 AM »
Jacks interview was just on Skysports... And they mentioned the game... he said how things look positive and an announcement will be made on the 22nd of March...

Then they showed clips of Trinidad(the country) and some random guy on lady young singing a song about the England Football team on a Qua-tro lol(dont know how to spell it)

it was real funny lol...   But things seem positive

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:47:58 AM »
Saw that too and read about it!

Leaves me to wonder how much did the FA pay Austin to change his mind?

(May be a mil and austin oops I mean, aston martin)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »
How much $$$ allyuh think Jack get to change he mind ???
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »
Saw that too and read about it!
Leaves me to wonder how much did the FA pay Austin to change his mind?
(May be a mil and austin oops I mean, aston martin)
I feel that if the FA sign dat contract, Jackula gobe happier dan 10 pig in shit......money dong de line fa ma boy...as ya notice he ent really apologised eh ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »
if god spare life,i'll b there.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »
WE WANT THE WORLD CUP IN CONCACAF JACKASS WARNER!

i say West Indies 2018 to host.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=txwarnerengland&prov=st&type=lgns

he want dem gate receipts from t&t vs. england real bad. BOYCOTT DE GAME!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »
this Warner is a real stinker yes..

It go far beyond de simple gate receipts from the game here, but study all the kickbacks and pocket-lining that going on behind the scenes.. I wonder if all the association heads in CONCACAF in agreement with this?

i mean.. this is the CONCACAF president who should have the best interests of our region at heart..

2018 is our turn, yet he whoring out or votes for personal gain..

funny thing is, when he had lash out at the English FA, even though i thought it lacked tact, i supported his position..

a few wine and dine and backroom deals later and look how de leopard change he spots..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »
Ask allyuhself dis.

Why Warner actively involved in T&T politics now?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 03:01:16 PM »
WE WANT THE WORLD CUP IN CONCACAF JACKASS WARNER!

i say West Indies 2018 to host.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=txwarnerengland&prov=st&type=lgns

he want dem gate receipts from t&t vs. england real bad. BOYCOTT DE GAME!

Unfortunately, the WC is such a huge event that the West Indies are incapable of hosting such an mammoth event, worse that their is not a WI soccer team.   Since there is a WI cricket team and so fewer tweams are involved, we were barely  able to host that.  A CONCACAF WC that includes TT, Jamiaca from the Caribbean and maybe Costa Rica and Honduras is a more likely bet.  Then there is the issue about whether the host nations will have to qualify.  So as much as I would like to see it, that would probably never happen.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 03:05:09 PM »
a west indian football is impossible.

we couldn't even properly host a cricket world cup, and that is 10 times less of a challenge in terms of logistics..

i thought a much more viable new option in CONCACAF wouldve been Canada..

If not them, couldve gone back to the USA or Mexico..

Jack say he was going and fight that to the end..  Well i guess this is the end!

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
I wont say absolutely impossible but surely not in the immediate future can we see a WC in the Caribbean..Maybe in another 20 to 30 yrs in hopefully a more developed atmosphere and region...with honorable leaders in the footballing World in the concacaf and FIFA. Hopefully it can be done. my suggestions would be a joint host tournament similar to korea/japan.....with Trinidad and Jamaica being the host...keeping it in just two countries unlike the cricket world cup....with two fairly large islands....with world cup participation....98 and 06...we both have a fairly good infrastructure when it comes to technology and transportation....we just have to combat our horrific crime problem...modernize our stadiums...and really wait another 20 to 30 yrs to get it right....the fans we have...and we are already a hot spot for tourist...So it may be improbable at the moment..i agree...but not entirely impossible....as for Jack Warner and England....after that whole bobol with the money owed to our world cup heroes as well as a host of other shady acts....that guy is disgusting at best..

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 07:36:51 PM »
How much $$$ allyuh think Jack get to change he mind ???
dais the same thing i say

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »
once Jack support there bid they get it for sure but i wonder if Jack do all this so he would not have to apologize to the English FA.

They demanded an apology somewhere a back for insults leveled to them by Jack but as far as I can recall Jack wanted the National team to play England for the TTFF 50 years ting so
is this Jack ploy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
Who did not see this comin? WC in England much closer than SA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner: It Could Be England's Time
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »
Warner: It Could Be England's Time...T&T legends could appear as guests.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner believes the 'time has come' for England to host another World Cup.
Warner had initially said he was against FIFA's decision to change the rotation rules which would enable Europe to host the tournament in 2018.
But the CONCACAF President added this week that England deserve a chance after losing out to Germany in 2006. He was speaking during an interview with Sky Sports at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Monday.
"It is England 's time. The fact is they invented this sport. They last held the World Cup 42 years ago,,” Warner said.
”That is almost two to three generations. There are guys in England who have never seen a World Cup on English soil. I am saying that the time has come for England to come into its own.
'They have a lot of things in place and CONCACAF is one of the  strongest supporters of England .'
Warner, who had been quoted as saying England were an 'irritant' disliked by the rest of Europe, reaffirmed his feeling that the country are not very popular within UEFA.
'I was critical of The FA (in the past). There seems to be some kind of situation where England was marginalised,' Warner said.
'If England 's time (to host the World Cup) is 2018, I would be happy for them.
'But the feeling in Europe from time to time that this view (of supporting England) is not a collective view held behind closed doors.'
Warner also expressed his desire for a friendly between England and Trinidad and Tobago football in the summer.
The two countries last met in the group stages of the 2006 World Cup.
Warner added: “We have agreed to hold discussions which is positive but we shall wait and see if we can sort something out.” He promised that more will be revealed in March after a FA representative was already in Trinidad last week to begin arrangements. Warner also hinted that T&T legends Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy could be invited as guest players to appear in the match which will be part of the TTFF’s centennial celebrations in June. Warner went on to say that at no time was he ever requested to apologize to the FA for his comments about them in the past in order for the T&T/England affair to be a possibility.

(Photo shows Latapy making his last appearance for T&T vs Paraguay, Courtesy Robert Taylor)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:00:47 PM by E-man »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: It Could Be England's Time
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »
mamagism at the highest level.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »
Warner have TBL Syndrome (tail between leg) :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
yesterday is yesterday
today is today
tomorow is................................MONEY in my pocket when I vote for England for 2018

right England FA?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
From the Daily Mail

"And Warner's on-the-record backing is not dependent on a proposed England match in Trinidad."

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 02:49:56 AM »
on a positive
I wouldn't mind seeing Latas play live lol

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 02:57:07 AM »
Danger in taking Sepp Blatter lineMartin Samuel
OK, so he called one right. It had to happen sooner or later. Speak out on as many issues as Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president, and you are going to come up trumps eventually. Summer football in Europe, wider goals, games split into four quarters, quotas of foreign players, artificial pitches at a World Cup tournament, a competition hosted by two countries that hate each other or an ethics committee that believes Jack Warner has no case to answer - Blatter has had a misguided crack at them all. Now, on the subject of the Premier League’s international round, he has finally tapped one into an empty net. Good for him. The question that remains unanswered is: what if he had backed it?

For, in all the excitement of the coup de grâce being administered to this bogus scheme, what is clear is that whichever way Blatter had jumped, the pursuit of a home World Cup in 2018 means the FA would have followed. “I am determined that our international and domestic relations must be sustained at the highest level,” Lord Triesman, the FA’s independent chairman, said on Friday. In other words: whatever you say, Sepp. For the next four years until the decision is made, it would seem. The wording of the FA statement issued in response to Blatter’s condemnation of the Premier League proposal suggests that it, too, got its judgment right: but for the wrong reasons.

Cravenly seeking the approval of an administrator as opportunistic as Blatter is a dangerous game. We have already had a glimpse of the problem in the FA’s shameless courting of Warner, the Fifa vice-president and special adviser to the football federation of Trinidad & Tobago. Warner’s dealings over matters relating to the 2006 World Cup are at best dubious, at worst odious, and if it really cares about the way fans are treated, the FA should go nowhere near a friendly match in the Caribbean in June while this man is the power broker. Instead, it has accepted Warner’s invitation to play a fixture celebrating a century of football on the islands, in return for Warner’s endorsement of its World Cup bid, which he has now given, performing a 180-degree turn on his previous stance.
Some may regard this merely as realpolitik and argue it is necessary if this country is to land the 2018 prize. Yet what if Blatter had found the 39th game a splendid idea? What if he had embraced it with as much thought as he put into his suggestion that the European leagues should play from February to November (meaning La Liga matches away to Seville or Real Betis could take place in 126-degree heat, the temperature recorded on the streets of Seville in August 2003)? Would the FA have then been prepared to abandon the flawless principle of the symmetrical league that has stood since 1888, for the possible net gain of one hosted tournament?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 03:02:59 AM »
From the Daily Mail

"And Warner's on-the-record backing is not dependent on a proposed England match in Trinidad."

::) :joker: :joker:  Eh Heh

I say give Latas a 20 minutes IF he want it.....depending on how the game going. Yorkie not so much. He been there done that. But this looking like a chance to say "we ain't fraid yuh now, bring yuh best" so maybe Jack will want Yorkie there.

This match have to include Brent Sancho.

Just make sure the very best of the young ones get a chance to experience that calibre of opposition.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 04:13:31 AM »
jacko yuh lookin good on the spotlight

1]; } ?>