April 25, 2024, 10:31:56 AM

Author Topic: Gilberto: Nani could get a kicking  (Read 8758 times)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Gilberto: Nani could get a kicking
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »
Arsenal star Gilberto Silva has warned Manchester United winger Nani he could get a kicking if he does not cut out his showboating.

Nani's showboating antics during United's 4-0 win over Arsenal in their FA Cup clash on Saturday infuriated the Arsenal squad who felt the Portuguese international was showing them a lack of respect.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger both condemned Nani for overstepping the mark.

The summer signing from Sporting Lisbon came in for some rough treatment following his showboating and Gilberto has warned he could come in for the same if he continues his ball-juggling skills.

"It was important for us we didn't lose control and lose another man," said Gilberto. "I just spoke to him and told him it wasn't necessary for him to do that. I told him he could get a bad kick doing that.

"In these type of situations I do my best to calm down my team-mates because we need all of them on the pitch to fight for the team."

Meanwhile, Gilberto is confident Arsenal can bounce back from their humiliating defeat to Arsenal and go on to achieve success in the Premier League and Champions League.

"Of course we can bounce back from this," insisted Gilberto. "If you look at United, they had a bad result against Manchester City, a big disappointment to them, and they came back very strong in this game against us.

"It's the same for us. We will come back even stronger, starting in the Champions League against Milan on Wednesday, because we don't want to let the opportunities pass us by this season. We must bounce back if we want to achieve something. This group is ambitious to win trophies this season.

"The FA Cup is very important and we're disappointed to be knocked out, but we need to look forward to the game against Milan.

"It is also important that we focus on our position in the league, where we are five points clear, a situation very much in our favour. We must learn from our mistakes and not let a performance like this happen again."

Arsenal just lost d lil respect i had for them
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gilberto: Nani could get a kicking
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
de man show dem ah lil ball control skills an dem sissy get vex.........fack'em  :devil:
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »
Gilberto merely trying to protect the Youth.

Read This

All fun and games until somebody get a break foot.

From the above article that has been hyperlinked...check out the referees perspective

Since then, the dividing line between what is considered a legitimate dribble and an attempt to belittle the opposition has become ever thinner.

Another startling incident happened in 2002 when Coritiba striker Jaba performed a couple of cheeky stepovers against Santos -- and in doing so gave away a free kick.

"The rule says that a player cannot endanger an opponent or himself," said referee Leonardo Gaciba.

"He wasn't being objective so I awarded a free kick to protect him. If somebody had broken his leg, they will say that I was not clamping down on violence."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 11:29:36 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 11:26:53 AM »
de man show dem ah lil ball control skills an dem sissy get vex.........fack'em  :devil:
Are you an ass or a marble?

Obviously, you don't understand respect for opponents!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 11:35:19 AM »
First of all I am an Arsenal fan Over ManU....but I see nothing wrong with what Nani did...steups, Gilberto and others should be feeling shame about the results and try and figure out how they got that 4 goals...that they should feel shame about...not 5 secs of a youth showing off some skills...

I thought football was also entertainment for the fans too?  ???

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 11:38:07 AM »

wah ever ur mother does call u is your business doh think for a sec we is friends an u go address me like that.......

how was he being disrespectful ???  he got de ball on a bounce an was controllin it, what u want him to do jus boot it out so arsenal could get it back ?
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 11:40:19 AM »
"Arsenal star Gilberto Silva has warned Manchester United winger Nani he could get a kicking if he does not cut out his showboating."
how ah ArseAnal player could tell ah Man Boo player dat?

Go Sunderland ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

giggsy11

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 11:51:59 AM »
Arsenal's play was disrespectful. Arsenal's players were disrespectful to the shirt after puttin down that load of caca on the field. The same load of caca United put down against City in the derby. At least United player's admit they played caca. Me ah hear no Arsenal player admit dat yet. Dey just want to go on about gettin screwed by Nani!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 11:52:46 AM »

wah ever ur mother does call u is your business doh think for a sec we is friends an u go address me like that.......

how was he being disrespectful ???  he got de ball on a bounce an was controllin it, what u want him to do jus boot it out so arsenal could get it back ?
Don't start no mother talk!!! I don't know you so don't worry about friendship either.

You would be the only person who thinks that he wasn't showing off.
TnT Patriot

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 11:54:42 AM »
Gilberto should hush he ass. If yuh cah take beat then get off de field.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »

do you understand de thrill of victory.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »

come nah man when yuh opponent only take all kinda beat yuh must get carried away and skillz off.
tell Gilberto rushin and see if he doh get a drag or a belt too nah  :rotfl:  :devil:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 12:15:01 PM »
lemme put it this way a man showboating like that against my team and i get close to him on the field...he ass on the ground in a heap of pain ...showboat that ..the warning is for his own good

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 12:36:56 PM »
I ain't see nothing wrong with what nani did...the English tend to get overly sensitive, when someone with more balls skills than them shows it off.

You can't tell me these men are professionals, who get called all sorts of insults under the sun on and off the pitch and when a man show his touches, it's disrespectful. Where do you draw the line? In that case, Anderson's reverse spanner through Fabregas legs is disrespectful as well, because he should have just used only the requisite skill to get past his man without humiliating him,  for e.g. a 1970s body shake.

And what about the Henry-Pires Penalty debacle, could that not be considered disrespectful as well ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJr3xo8-AU&feature=related

When Ronaldo first came they (especially Alan Hansen) use to shout him down repeatedly for the number of step overs. Now they embrace his step overs as part of the beautiful game, Joga Bonito, the same style of play being championed by advertisers and chairmen alike. Heck, a lack of such exciting football even cost one manager his job.

The approach to me is almost hypocritical,  It's almost as if, you can use your skill to beat you opponent, but don't make your opponent look foolish, otherwise you're showboating and that's 'frowned upon' in England.

As i've said before in another thread, comparing the football academies in Europe, e.g. lisbon to many of those in England, it's been reported that those in Portugal spend at least 3 times as much time actually on the ball than their English counterparts, who concentrate more on positioning and tactics.

Additionally, many of the coaches in England, starting from the lower levels up,  traditionally frown on using such skills in a game, so the traditional status quo persists.

I would never forget the' Joga Three' 3 on 3 nike indoor series that they had a few years ago and they brought premiership players to have an exhibition game. They brought, Anton Ferdinand, Robbie Keane, Rio Ferdinand, Wayne Rooney, Cesc Fabregas and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo and to a lesser extent Fabregas, destroyed the rest of men. They just don't have those type of ball skills, especially in close quarter situations.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/cristiano-ronaldowayne-rooneyrobbie-keancesc-fabregas/917386028

I don't think Nani has done anything wrong, he has shown his skill, something which would be revered somewhere like Spain, however it appears as though the general english perception is that such exhibitions are show boating and somehow aggravates professionals into behaving like under -14s (I have Gallas' kick to the back of nani's leg in mind)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:48:22 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »
Gilberto is a brazilian. In Brazil 90% of the players have to have dirbbling skills before they make it into the pros cause if u cah beat, u getting discarded before u turn 10. As a brazilian, i trust Gilberto to know when a man overstep the mark...cause they have a unwritten code of how much u could embrass a man before u entitled to get a break foot.

He just letting the man know, he cross the line cause next time a man like Avery John might hit him blade and end his career!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 12:42:35 PM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
I think allyuh missing the point showboating is not the same as exhibiting skill if a man get a reverse spanner through he leg thas not showboating thas mash up .....the man pick up the ball juggling it on the halfline with no other apparent goal than letting the crowd or opponents see he could do it in short to pappy show man is a different thing ...the intent is the difference not the skill ...but yuh know what allyuh right if he doing that against my team ill just pass by and laugh and pat him on the shoulder........NOT..... kick in he c**t and he better run behind the referee........

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »

Nani had Gallas eating grass   :rotfl:

I had to bawl when I see dat.  Man juggling the ball and Gallas running after him full speed and fall MOUTH first...swallow grass   :rotfl:

That was a hell of a beating they get....Wenger shouldn't even let them talk to the press.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 01:23:57 PM »
lol

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »
NANI state - Wenger hates him, Fergie slates him but is he United's new Ronaldo?
What a miserable lot you are. Arsene Wenger didn't like seeing his team "teased" by Nani's circus tricks - you know, the ones that almost got him sawn off at the knees by Mathieu Flamini.

Even Sir Fergie felt the lad's audacity was a bit over the top and said: "We've had a word with him about it."

Yep, I know the boy was risking mutilation. But this sort of thing is what fans pay to see. It's called entertainment! Criticising him for it is like Simon Cowell admonishing one of his talent show hopefuls for being able to dance and sing at the same time.

A bit of merciless taunting to celebrate victory is the bullfighter's final flourish. I don't remember Wenger being so queasy when Thierry Henry was lording it over all and sundry.

Every Scot over 45 talks about seeing Jim Baxter's "wee bit of keepy uppy" the day they downed world champions England in 1967.

And we should all marvel at the "seal dribble" by the Brazilian, Kerlon, that makes Nani look like a part-timer, so outrageous it brought back memories of Rene Higuita's "scorpion kick" for Colombia at Wembley all those years ago.

Take a long look at this compilation of the best showboating and I defy you not to enjoy it
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEFXfNey8H8 I saw atleast 3 Arsenal players in this clip.

• Showboating footballers? We love 'em...

Hatchet Man loves a full-blooded 50-50 ... but let's hear it for the showboat, too. If you've got it, flaunt it, baby.

On the subject of Nani ... have United found the new Ronaldo, just for when their star turn takes his tricks to Madrid or Milan?

Pitch battle: Old Trafford
Arsene Wenger on the Old Trafford pitch: "It's a disgrace. Players worth £25million cannot make a pass without the ball bouncing."

Maybe that's why Fergie is happy to play in Dubai or Hong Kong.

At least they have pitches you can play on, rather than a cow field of a surface.

It is a disgrace that Manchester United cannot get it right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=515533&in_page_id=1779

When Man.U lose to Arsenal, you don't hear them bitching about the loss or their players like the way Wenger does carry on, this man is such ah sour grape when it comes to loseing.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:34:26 PM by triniairman »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 01:33:03 PM »
anybody have a clip of de gallerying?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
unfortunately i have to agree, not with what gilberto is sayin, but what most of the manU twits are.

yeah yuh say dat to him quitely, yuh leave dat on de pitch, if it is yuh choose to care enough to tell him dat, buh yuh obviously doh really care if yuh went tuh de media sayin it... no matter how young yuh is, yuh get exposed tuh fellahz that will give yuh ah bad kick im sure nani has collected a few in his career no matter how young he is.

He doh need anyone tellin him dat, he knows and if he choses to continue doin so das his business, thats his style is one ting if it wasnt wukin but it was... so really Gilberto. It's your player's desicion if he wanna plow into ah man cuz he frustratin him on de pitch, whether he hit de man legally or not is his business, doh study nani, play yuh game and beat him, jugglin isnt illegal so stop bein alittle bitch.

yuh just makin it worse for Arsenal fans, yuh soundin sour, take yuh licks and make sure and go on to win de League.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:44:17 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

giggsy11

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 01:40:47 PM »

I had to bawl when I see dat.  Man juggling the ball and Gallas running after him full speed and fall MOUTH first...swallow grass   :rotfl:

That was a hell of a beating they get....Wenger shouldn't even let them talk to the press.

Nah dat was Hoyte, he personal rag who he was dragin all over the pitch. Gallas geh he taste later on, dise why he kick out. Arsenal are ah bunch of sore losers, ah cah remember ah time when dey take dey cutarse and keep quite and dey have taken a few cutarses from United. Dey lucky United thro wey so much it coulda been worse!

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Nah dat was Hoyte, he personal rag who he was dragin all over the pitch. Gallas geh he taste later on, dise why he kick out. Arsenal are ah bunch of sore losers, ah cah remember ah time when dey take dey cutarse and keep quite and dey have taken a few cutarses from United. Dey lucky United thro wey so much it coulda been worse!

yep, Rooney thro way 3 easy chances.........if he had scored then wenger would of complain bout united running up de scores  :devil: :devil: when assenal lost dey blame everybody but them self.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

giggsy11

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »
Ah surprise Arsene9 see dat Nani play, usually he never see notin on the pitch. Oh wait dise only if it involve his players dise when the blinders dos come down. Ah bet he aint see Ebabe's high boot cause he was lookin the other way!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 01:59:39 PM »
I cyah lie the youth supremely confident lol he definitely have some ability if he was playing against Jamaica after he put some beat in dem bwoy ass they woulda try to kill him lol

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »

Obviously you don't know the hate Brazilians have for Portugal and vice-versa  ;)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
lol the man get gallas scrambling yes  :rotfl: :rotfl:

and yes its show boating  its a brazil thing so hence gilberto's reaction as opposed 2 how others may respond
 i personally see nothing wrong with it

cause the show boating argument could be extended to exuberant celebrations
 and also some sports i believe have mercy, so when u whipping a side 7 nil are u showboating?

yuh kick him down gilberto ref go deal with yuh tail,  but its interesting that both managers seemed to not support what nani did though
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »
anybody have a clip of de gallerying?
check this page http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=33926.0

Thanks...

mih laaaawd..

that kerlon signature move. lol look at scholes. he like "well excuuuuuuse me"
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>