May 23, 2024, 03:15:06 AM

Author Topic: A Suggestion to Maturana, Do Scouting Throughout both Islands...  (Read 2225 times)

TrinInfinite

A Suggestion to Maturana, Do Scouting Throughout both Islands...
« on: February 18, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »
I think Maturana should do a scouting camp in both Trinidad and Tobago, there are a lot of talented players in tobago also which may catch Maturana's eye not to mention in Trinidad, I don't think he should limit his selections to players who are playing professionally only, of course that would be the first objective but I wouldn't leave it as the only avenue to scout football talent.

He should hold a camp in Tobago and also one in Trinidad, I think that will cover all of his bases and it will also allow him to see what talent the nation has, it will also address alot of tobagonians who feel left out when it comes to the national team, I've heard from many sources that there are some very good players in tobago who go unseen, I think a thorough scouting mission in both islands will be a very good option before our qualifying starts..

God is de BOSS....

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: A Suggestion to Maturana, Do Scouting Throughout both Islands...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
Check what THETRUFF have to say in this post

lets not put the cart in front the horse...and correct me if im wrong, but the Uruguayan experts are coming to assess our pros and coach Matuarana will be wking cloosely with the pro league coaches, advising them what necessary preparation is needed to have players on their club...up to international level...This is excellent...i just dont see how it will develop our pros as some post suggested...I just think its more of a discovery project....looking for that new next talent....by the time players get to pro league they are peaking...however there will be those select few with that God given ability who can still improve further...i hope they find them...and even though the pro league is our highest level of local football...i hope the search is not only done there...lets have a Trinidad Idol....village by vilage...town by town....an open invitation for all footballers to showcase their ability....We must discover someone...must!!...and lets have the Uruguayan as the independent voice of reason....no Corneal influence...no local favoritism and nonsense...just picking the best..maybe it will work..maybe it wont..
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »

lets not put the cart in front the horse...and correct me if im wrong, but the Uruguayan experts are coming to assess our pros and coach Matuarana will be wking cloosely with the pro league coaches, advising them what necessary preparation is needed to have players on their club...up to international level...This is excellent...i just dont see how it will develop our pros as some post suggested...I just think its more of a discovery project....looking for that new next talent....by the time players get to pro league they are peaking...however there will be those select few with that God given ability who can still improve further...i hope they find them...and even though the pro league is our highest level of local football...i hope the search is not only done there...lets have a Trinidad Idol....village by vilage...town by town....an open invitation for all footballers to showcase their ability....We must discover someone...must!!...and lets have the Uruguayan as the independent voice of reason....no Corneal influence...no local favoritism and nonsense...just picking the best..maybe it will work..maybe it wont..

i totally agree with him, this is something i suggested a good few years ago on the old board...

God is de BOSS...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
I understand the point of views but we trying to implement a system in the country. Basically, if a man playing minor league, we expect a pro club to spot him and draft him in (eg Marvin Oliver) If a man ripping in college league, a neighbourhood side will draft him in...and that is how it have to work.
The last minor league man to play national team was Sherman 'Ants' Phillip who was scoring for fun...and he show how big the gap was.

We can;t expect our national coach to be checking every bush league for players...that is unreasonable.

I agree with the orginal title tho, that we need to find more Tobago men  cause Tobago United not doing that job  and i sure it have more good players out there.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »
There are only so many hours in a day. As things stand, Pacho already have real wuk on he plate. Also, lehwe not forget that he's only really around on a short-term basis IN THE FIRST INSTANCE officially ...

A scouting camp etc. is a real noble signal, buh family he jes jes reach and nuff men deyah long time who shoulda been handling that end of our affairs ... For as many rough diamonds to be located on the twin rocks, we have others in the diaspora crying out for attention ... Iz long time now TTFF need a foreign liaison to deal with college-based and other players on the outside ... worse yet Tobago. Buh same way men bawling Tobago, man could be bawling Deep South or elsewhere.

Clearly the way to move fwd right now is to handle the first round of qualifying with the known/quasi-known commodities or men who easily in reach ... digging for talent could come later. Plus it eh jes whether dem men could real play, de nex assessment is whether dey could play and function within an organized set-up featuring demands. Birchall right now cyah even/ not even  geh a look in and resources hadda spend towards uncertain outcomes? I eh so sure dahs where de $$$ is at right now ...

Delegation is a useful tool ...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:04:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 01:27:34 PM »
The problem with delegation is that one of them being delegated is Anton a known recycler of the same players time and time again and very limited to exploring and discovering new talent pacho obviously have an eye for young talent he goh have to organise  and do them things itself which in retrospect if organised correctly might not be as stressfull as you may think .....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »
Yeah, ah know dat was coming ... ah referring to delegation circumventing him, buh dat still has limitations ...

Look, leh we face facts. Right now Anton is an integral cog in the wheel ... utility is another issue (for some), but integral he is ... as a kinda facilitator he go be around plenty a de activity ... for right now, dahs an inescapable scene ...

Pacho trusts his brother, buh again ... how much time dem men want to address looking outside of the usual fora under de circumstances ...

Plus, wham to Vranes?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »
i think scouting high and low is a great idea, if the TTFF had done it back in early or even in late 2006.  And now we would have had a pool of players for any coach to work with, the head coach aint have time for all of that.
Well maybe if the TTFF had not wasted the last 16 months.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 02:36:35 PM »
There are only so many hours in a day. As things stand, Pacho already have real wuk on he plate. Also, lehwe not forget that he's only really around on a short-term basis IN THE FIRST INSTANCE officially ...

A scouting camp etc. is a real noble signal, buh family he jes jes reach and nuff men deyah long time who shoulda been handling that end of our affairs ... For as many rough diamonds to be located on the twin rocks, we have others in the diaspora crying out for attention ... Iz long time now TTFF need a foreign liaison to deal with college-based and other players on the outside ... worse yet Tobago. Buh same way men bawling Tobago, man could be bawling Deep South or elsewhere.

Clearly the way to move fwd right now is to handle the first round of qualifying with the known/quasi-known commodities or men who easily in reach ... digging for talent could come later. Plus it eh jes whether dem men could real play, de nex assessment is whether dey could play and function within an organized set-up featuring demands. Birchall right now cyah even/ not even  geh a look in and resources hadda spend towards uncertain outcomes? I eh so sure dahs where de $$$ is at right now ...

Delegation is a useful tool ...

seeker i understand where your coming from, the time is an issue i understand but scouting players in the both islands for a period of 2 weeks to a month can't kill our progress in terms of the national team, i understand alot is on his plate but maturana did mention the future of the program in an article and scouting for diamonds in the rough is in line with the future of our program, hopefully he can do it sometime in the set-up minus any spokes in the wheel which seem to be a problem in our nation, which has hindered development and progress....

God is de BOSS...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »
I think Maturana should do a scouting camp in both Trinidad and Tobago, there are a lot of talented players in tobago also which may catch Maturana's eye not to mention in Trinidad, I don't think he should limit his selections to players who are playing professionally only, of course that would be the first objective but I wouldn't leave it as the only avenue to scout football talent.

He should hold a camp in Tobago and also one in Trinidad, I think that will cover all of his bases and it will also allow him to see what talent the nation has, it will also address alot of tobagonians who feel left out when it comes to the national team, I've heard from many sources that there are some very good players in tobago who go unseen, I think a thorough scouting mission in both islands will be a very good option before our qualifying starts..

God is de BOSS....

YOU REALLY THINK MATURANA HAS DONE OR DOIN ANY SCOUTIN?

Doh be naive nah man...
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:55:17 PM »
He scout d tapes dey give him. How long d amn hear? D Pro League on break where he doin dis scoutin?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 02:51:30 AM »
He scout d tapes dey give him. How long d amn hear? D Pro League on break where he doin dis scoutin?
[/quote

He need tuh scout behind de bridge...EDR

:devil:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 05:37:29 AM »

i totally agree with him, this is something i suggested a good few years ago on the old board...
God is de BOSS...
do some of us a favor and bring back all yuh 'talk' from the old board nah
cause ah get the feeling everytime somebody come up with ah idea..you had it first  ;)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>