March 28, 2024, 11:58:21 PM

Author Topic: Redknapp: Kenwyne is the next Drogba.  (Read 13578 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Redknapp: Kenwyne is the next Drogba.
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2008, 12:43:34 PM »
Kenwyne Jones is the next Kenwyne Jones.....

Just wish him the best and put this thread to rest nuh....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2008, 12:46:55 PM »

dis is de clincher as we could never replicate the exact situations that Drogba had played in....
So KJ keep up doin your thing Man........and maybe one day you too will be included in the discussions about the best strikers in the EPL as right now there seeems to be LOTS of potential.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2008, 12:51:30 PM »
It seems some of you don't really like Kenwynne that much, why is that?

That is not true, all that is happening is people are expressing thoughts that differ on Kenwyne's football at this time.
Unlike Dwight Yorke and Russel Latapy, Kenwyne did not light up for us the first time we saw him play.
Yorke and Latapy were 2 players that as soon as you saw them as teens you knew that there was greatness in front of you.
Kenwyne being compared to Drogba and other established superstars is a bit out of order at this stage and the more pragmatic will adopt a wait and see attitude and hope he becomes as great as his promise suggests, but the stats ( 5 or 6 goals) for the season so far speak for themselves.

We all are fully surpportive of KJ

Well said sah!

Lissen to some on here and any refusal to drink de kool aid in EXACTLY de same manner as dem is seen as some kinda fight dong.  Or de "classic" failure to appreciate yuh heros.  ::)

nah boss. is a classic example of people talking two different things. noone hear thinks KJ is as good as Drogba, nor think he is the same model of player. In fact, I think he will develop into a very different player altogether but with one or two similarities. Some her are agreeing with HR that in the future he might show that level of class. So it just amazing that you base your whole point on the fact that KJ is not as good as Drogba right now...cuz noone disagrees with that.  

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »

couldn't say it better

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 02:57:13 PM »

Well said sah!

Lissen to some on here and any refusal to drink de kool aid in EXACTLY de same manner as dem is seen as some kinda fight dong.  Or de "classic" failure to appreciate yuh heros.  ::)

Look palos gih we a chance with that kool aid talk eh.... your drink of choice seems to be haterade.

de "classic" appreciate yuh heros statement is born out of the fact that you read a whole article and your very first inclination is to slight de man, which was pretty obvious from your assertion that kenwyne aint scoring goals like drogba.. the article never said he "is drogba" it speaks to his potential to get to that level, and is based on certain aspects of his game that lend to the obvious comparisons..

once again palos...

do you feel that he should have alot more goals given his opportunities with this team? Is he throwing away goals?

You need to provide some kinda basis for your criticism..

is one thing if you don't see the similarities and dispute that..

no problem there at all.

but based on your statements, it seems like u just trying to pour cold water where it isnt really necessary.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2008, 12:50:22 AM »

KJ dominating in what essentially is a shyte side in the EPL.
This team fighting for their life to stay up, so the twist is that unlike other people here that saying if he had better service he would have scored more goals, I'm saying because he is the only real outlet for Sunderland his goal tally should have been better than 5.
No doubt with more experience at the top flight he will develop into the superstar everybody in here desperately want but until then for me at least the jury still out.
By the way if you want to make comparisons, compare Dwight Yorke at his age.
you call sulun a shyte team ? well if sunlun is a shyte then the team we send to the WC is a managarie of shyte team, BC most of them players cant even land a contract on a league one team, far less a facking championship team. only KJ and carlos was lucky to get a bliegh. most of allyuh real bias yes. i bet you any money that sunlun could beat T&T senior team any day, but yuh calling them a shyte team.             yuh see how it feel to get diss!    how would you like it if they said T&T was rubbish.               fackry.

I really don't understand your point. Sunderland is a shyte team in the EPL plain and simple.
About our WC team, who do you think should have landed a big contract.
No goals scored 2 games lost nothing by any player to make the world stand up and ask " who's that guy?".
You are delusional if you think there were individual performances in our WC team (apart from Shaka who too old ) for any team to want to snap up, especially when compared to the rest of individual talent that was on display.
As you say your diatribe is jus " Fackery"
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2008, 02:16:54 AM »

This team fighting for their life to stay up, so the twist is that unlike other people here that saying if he had better service he would have scored more goals, I'm saying because he is the only real outlet for Sunderland his goal tally should have been better than 5.
No doubt with more experience at the top flight he will develop into the superstar everybody in here desperately want but until then for me at least the jury still out.
you call sulun a shyte team ? well if sunlun is a shyte then the team we send to the WC is a managarie of shyte team, BC most of them players cant even land a contract on a league one team, far less a facking championship team. only KJ and carlos was lucky to get a bliegh. most of allyuh real bias yes. i bet you any money that sunlun could beat T&T senior team any day, but yuh calling them a shyte team.             yuh see how it feel to get diss!    how would you like it if they said T&T was rubbish.               fackry.

I really don't understand your point. Sunderland is a shyte team in the EPL plain and simple.
No goals scored 2 games lost nothing by any player to make the world stand up and ask " who's that guy?".
You are delusional if you think there were individual performances in our WC team (apart from Shaka who too old ) for any team to want to snap up, especially when compared to the rest of individual talent that was on display.

i not one ah de men tuh say kenwyne is as good as drogba now, but as filho put it, reddknap isnt sayin he's as good as drogba now and more so that in time he can grow into it,

but, at the same time you should also study the fact that ontop of those 5 goals he also has 9 assists for the session and is fourth in the whole epl for assists wit only men like berbatov (possibly the best man tuh have wit you if yuh open in de box and he have de ball) and Ronaldo and what have you.

so five goals and having a setting up 9, kenwyne has BEEN there winning factor, most of the time he doh score he still part uh de reason he score, he put pressure on ah man or his shot deflect to ah team mate or hell he pass it right off to him, himself.

sofuh me, he well on track.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »

My point is, why not clean yuh own house before yuh tell ah man his house in ah mess. only KJ out of the whole WC team get drafted to the EPL, and a year later after the WC, not BC he impressed on the world stage , but BC he had a great season with SH last season. if you say sulun is a shyte team then we is more shyte cause most of our player whom you hold in high esteem is playing in the lower leagues, and when i say lower i mean league 1 and 2. to me sulun is doing an amazing job considering their injury list , and especially to their midfielders, and they've been able to cope dispite not being able to sign the players that could strenghten their squad.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:05:16 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 09:33:16 AM »
Look palos gih we a chance with that kool aid talk eh.... your drink of choice seems to be haterade.

Whattap!

Palos ah have to agree. You actually gone from a point where men was supporting you initial point to wondering if you have some kinda axe to grind against KJ. I was one of his biggest critics at the beginning - at one time I had Sealy in frint of him in th estriking pecking order, but the fact of the matter is that the man has been exceeding expectations in his first EPL season.

Whether you want to take a bit of idle/speculative talk from Redknapp and run with it is your prerogative, but you might want to think about giving it a rest - Right now it sound more like a personal agenda than anything else.

A call to caution and levelheadedness will suffice...Who doh want to listen is their problem. Leave it at that.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
If it was a case where Kenwyne was not putting away easy chances and shouldve realistically had 10 goals for the season, i could give some credit to a criticism about his goalscoring..

But from the games I've seen, chances have been few and far between..

Against the better teams, he's been isolated alone up front leading the line, mostly trying to head the ball onto teammates, or trying to get something from set pieces..

When he has played with another striker, i hardly ever see him being the recipient of an incisive pass or played into threatening positions. The service from the wings and the midfield is piss poor.

So Kenwyne is doing the best with what he is being given to work with. His coach is elated. Other coaches in the league have sit up and taken note of his performances..

He's being compared to drogba because of his physique, his pace and his ability to physically dominate defences like no one else in the league can besides drogba, adebayor and maybe dean ashton at his best..  I see nothing at all wrong with that.. Based on his performances, the goals should come once the service improves..

Some of allyuh really eh know how to appreciate allyuh heros nuh.. steups

The voice of reason. Eloquently stated. Balanced and fair. Insightful.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »
this season
Kenwyne - 5 goals
Drogba- 5 goals

Palos, take dat in yuh pwefen!!

Did I say something wrong?

Does Drogba NOT score goals? REGULARLY?

doh try and pull out now, yuh done get de kenwyne waggonists committee vex already!!

ah love it!!

Ah not pullin out a anyting.

Men callin Kenwyne next Drogba and men lappin it up.

Kenwyne has done NOTHING thus far.

Let me repeat....he has done NOTHING.  Nice start, but that's about it.

Because he tall, powerful and black he is de next Drogba?

You ever REALLY see Didier Drogba play?

Steupes.

and he faster than ato
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »

couldn't say it better

Well actually you could...cause it kinda hard to be the NEXT Kenwyne Jones when u already are the FIRST Kenwyne Jones... ;D

Alrite, alrite..i realise it corny but that's because i now eat a KISS cornbread... ;D
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>