March 29, 2024, 09:00:29 AM

Author Topic: Redknapp: Kenwyne is the next Drogba.  (Read 13582 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Redknapp: Kenwyne is the next Drogba.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 12:35:35 PM »
Kenwyne Jones have no right near a Premiership side!!!...IMO  [/b]

:devil: :devil:

...and Brownsugar is a more knowledgeable football guru than Keane and Rednapp.  So his words make a lot of (non)sense.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 12:50:28 PM »

...and Brownsugar is a more knowledgeable football guru than Keane and Rednapp.  So his words make a lot of (non)sense.
Nah. Dey just hoping for de Adebayor Effect.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »
all Brownsugar saying is that, if FLi ! realise that KJ in de EPL, he go come with that title for a thread :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »

Sarcasm Storeboy. Sarcasm. Yuh hadda catch Fli thread about Adebayor to get it  :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »
this season
Kenwyne - 5 goals
Drogba- 5 goals

Palos, take dat in yuh pwefen!!
lol

Did I say something wrong?

Does Drogba NOT score goals? REGULARLY?

doh try and pull out now, yuh done get de kenwyne waggonists committee vex already!!
lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
this season
Kenwyne - 5 goals
Drogba- 5 goals

doh try and pull out now, yuh done get de kenwyne waggonists committee vex already!!

ah love it!!

Ah not pullin out a anyting.

Men callin Kenwyne next Drogba and men lappin it up.

Kenwyne has done NOTHING thus far.

Let me repeat....he has done NOTHING.  Nice start, but that's about it.

Because he tall, powerful and black he is de next Drogba?

You ever REALLY see Didier Drogba play?

Steupes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 04:01:45 PM »
this season
Kenwyne - 5 goals
Drogba- 5 goals

ah love it!!

Steupes.

:rotfl: allyuh men is de bess, palos makin ah good point, kj have real talent but he hasnt dominated the epl as yet to say hes a drogba, tt made a good point also, he has alot of potential but he has to live up to that potential in order to be great, kenwyne need tuh stay humble about it and play hard and improve on his dribbling skills and possession b4 hes claimed as de bess striker in the epl....right now the most potent striker we still have is stern, like it or not... until then kj still have to prove himself..

God is de BOSS.....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »
this season
Kenwyne - 5 goals
Drogba- 5 goals

ah love it!!

Steupes.
Nobody eh say he doh have a way to go. Nobody eh say he reach. But comparing KJ now to Drogba now is pointless. People saying he 'could be the next.' Drogba self wasn't Drogba at Kenwyne age.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:17:09 PM by Well Yes »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »
Yuh damn right, he tall, he powerful he black and he have a ras, so, all things being equal, he is de next drogba, when, quite frankly, he plays completely different from didier.  If his hair was straightened they mighta call him de next adebeyor.....lol

I enjoying de hype and the talk! Plenty people saying all kinda ting and ent have a clue as to what going on, but i find it quite entertaining!

Man done start to bring drogba stats from when drogba was 23 all kinda ting...........i tell yuh, this site is de best ting in de world!

I taking this opportunity to give you ah lil pong, cause is long time since yuh get something!!

lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 04:11:52 PM »
If I may interject, ah think what Palos and TI trying to say is...Kenwyne need to straighten he hair with ah cheap box ah perm first, to reach Drogba level
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »
I doh think theres too much wrong with what redknapp say, he sayin he "could be"  and quite frankly he certainly has the potential to be even better than drogba and anyone that is willing to seriously deny that i cyah understand at all.

One thing though is him sayin he needed to be more "aggressive" and yet still reserving that he saw sum "special" in him from the start.

stewps.

well Harry,

A real top class manager would have been able to find that trigger to motivate Kenwyne to work harder instead of loanin him off to ah shit team and then lettin him go.

Now he back and yeah yuh damn right he hauntin yuh.

Perhaps if yuh woulda put more pressure on him to fulfill this Drogba level talent that you "always saw in him" then he woulda been ah premiership regular for ah a year or two now and well pass Drogba or anyone else for that matter in the premiership goal race this season.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:19:20 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
ah wondering if there is anybody who still thinks that he should be playing in defense

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »
ah wondering if there is anybody who still thinks that he should be playing in defense
Touché  ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 07:07:14 PM »
Does anyone interpret the name of the thread "Kenwyne is the next Drogba" to mean Kenwyne plays like Drogba currently???

Or is it just youPalos...............yuh stickin !! :rotfl:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 07:12:44 PM »

well Harry,

A real top class manager would have been able to find that trigger to motivate Kenwyne to work harder instead of loanin him off to ah shit team and then lettin him go.

oh Lord. where you come up wit dat one. and dropping it wit conviction too. i'm sure if you think hard enough, you can think of a few good players that didn't perrform under top class managers at one club, but then blossomed at another. In any case loaning KJ out gave him a chance to play and give him a lot of confidence. After proving himself at the lower levels, he was brought back to SH. Much better than rotting on the bencha nd playing in the reserves. Where you come up with anyone letting him go?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 10:32:30 PM »
Freddy Adu was de next Pele, Messi is the next Diego, Walcott is the next Henry, we hear it all the time... hype will always be hype but it is always good to hear one of our players get big up.

Truth be told I was hardly a fan of KJ's game in the T&T colours. Now that he's matured it is reassuring to know he will be spearheading our central forward line - I jess hope he can replicate dat EPL form in the international game

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 11:48:05 PM »

KJ dominating in what essentially is a shyte side in the EPL.
This team fighting for their life to stay up, so the twist is that unlike other people here that saying if he had better service he would have scored more goals, I'm saying because he is the only real outlet for Sunderland his goal tally should have been better than 5.
No doubt with more experience at the top flight he will develop into the superstar everybody in here desperately want but until then for me at least the jury still out.
By the way if you want to make comparisons, compare Dwight Yorke at his age.
Ah want de woman on de bass

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »
kewnwyne is unique!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2008, 12:46:18 AM »

This team fighting for their life to stay up, so the twist is that unlike other people here that saying if he had better service he would have scored more goals, I'm saying because he is the only real outlet for Sunderland his goal tally should have been better than 5.
No doubt with more experience at the top flight he will develop into the superstar everybody in here desperately want but until then for me at least the jury still out.
He should start back scoring soon I agree ,but if he try any harder he go hurt something .His non excited pace will lead him gracefully into next season,after I see Dayne Wade strech he guts to win ,then hurt for two years now ........bur he need a goal now .
Ppl say Dwight played neck and neck with the greats ,and he blaze a trail ....true but when Dwight reach the promise land ,the first thing he did was fall rite back down ,I hope Kewnwyne coulld reach and surpass what dwight started .He should first start by scoring a goal .Dwight use to score ,whenever they finally decide to sub him een .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:52:56 AM by Quagmire »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2008, 01:39:32 AM »

The man playing defense, midfield and forward all in one game.  Always the one clearing away headers at the back....dropping deep to get the ball.
Ah wonder how much kms he is cover in a game.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 02:12:21 AM »
There's not a lot wrong with what HR said " KJ could be the next DD"

DD didn't have a great 1st season in the prem and looked more out of sorts than KJ has, but has better control, finishing, composure and awareness than KJ.  He is also surrounded by players that can pass when he moves and he is fairly sure that it will reach him.

Sunderland would of been sunk without trace without KJ this season, but strangely its how poor the rest have been and playing to KJ strengths back to goal getting hoof balls that has help him look so good.  KJ is still a kid as a CF and has a lot to learn, he needs to improve all the things above and and produce more weeks than not, especially now as he is a marked man.  Would he have looked so good at clubs like Arsenal etc with so many other good players around him, I don't think he would of.  The fact is none of them were interested in him.

KJ has the potential to be great it is up to him and Sunderland has to play its part by providing him with team mates that can help him learn  improve and provide him with better service.  I have read many posts going on about "big" clubs which really means money.  The club is in the same position as KJ, 2 years ago when being relegated stone cold bottom and the take over coming 40 odd thousand turned up on the last game against Arsenal to show the new owners.  Chelsea took 2,000 fans to Everton for a cup semi final, sunderland have had 11,000 applications for an away trip to Derby. 

KJ has the potential to be treated like a god in the North East its upto him to make it, or become another 1 season wonder who the likes of HR and everybody else that is praising him now will turn around and say "I told you he was never worth that money".

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 02:23:49 AM »
ah don't know if i is de only one who SOMETIMES does wish dat Sunderland get demoted and Kenwyne get sold?

Hull!

Alyuh men real short sighted. Trust me, if Sunderland stay up, KJ stock going to go up even more. And ah don't care what Keane say. If a team come with the kind of money that that performance merit, Kenwyne will be on his way out.

KJ moving up and Sunderland staying up are not completely incompatible.

Here's another scenario. Can you imagine Kenwyne benching everyday behind Tevez/Rooney/Saha Drogba/Shevchenko/Kalou Torres/Crouch(god forbid)/Voronin Adebayor/Van Persie/Walcott  ::)

Everything in its time. When KJ ready to move on not a thing in the world going to stop him...

What a great point, the voice of reason
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 02:39:58 AM »
this season
Kenwyne - 5 goals
Drogba- 5 goals

ah love it!!

Steupes.

Completely disagree with you saying Kenwynee has done nothing, this is first season in the PL andhe has established himself as one of the biggest threats in the division.

He has made mistakes and missed chances but I think any of the teams bar Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal would love to have him. It is no secret that Liverpool were ready to offer £12m for him.

He is nowhere near the finished product but he is still very young and is learning all the time. If he has a hand in keeping Sunderland up this season then he will have achieved something very special imo

It seems some of you don't really like Kenwynne that much, why is that?
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »

That is not true, all that is happening is people are expressing thoughts that differ on Kenwyne's football at this time.
Unlike Dwight Yorke and Russel Latapy, Kenwyne did not light up for us the first time we saw him play.
Yorke and Latapy were 2 players that as soon as you saw them as teens you knew that there was greatness in front of you.
Kenwyne being compared to Drogba and other established superstars is a bit out of order at this stage and the more pragmatic will adopt a wait and see attitude and hope he becomes as great as his promise suggests, but the stats ( 5 or 6 goals) for the season so far speak for themselves.

We all are fully surpportive of KJ
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:00:22 AM by fishs »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 03:01:58 AM »

Cartman some of them have unrealistic expectations. Many believe Kenwyne should be scoring week in and week out. He is just a youth. I remember Keane saying He does not want to put to much pressure on him , he still young. Many times he is the lone striker. He does hardly get service everything is a boom kick. They does just kick the ball and hope kenwyne do the rest. There is no midfield build up. I am not saying he is the finished product in football you are always learning, even He said so but I believe he has demonstrated determination,strength, speed and he can get better with time. I still feel he have to work on his dribbling, shooting and finishing. Don't waste him down. HE IS A GREAT TALENT AND HE REPRESENTS OUT COUNTRY. A DOT ON THE MAP OUR TALENT POOL IS NOT LARGE, HE IS A DIAMOND THAT'S FOR SURE HE JUST NEED POLISHING AND SMOOTHING OF THE ROUGH EDGES.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 04:47:10 AM »

you call sulun a shyte team ? well if sunlun is a shyte then the team we send to the WC is a managarie of shyte team, BC most of them players cant even land a contract on a league one team, far less a facking championship team. only KJ and carlos was lucky to get a bliegh. most of allyuh real bias yes. i bet you any money that sunlun could beat T&T senior team any day, but yuh calling them a shyte team.             yuh see how it feel to get diss!    how would you like it if they said T&T was rubbish.               fackry.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 06:24:31 AM »

you call sulun a shyte team ? well if sunlun is a shyte then the team we send to the WC is a managarie of shyte team, BC most of them players cant even land a contract on a league one team, far less a facking championship team. only KJ and carlos was lucky to get a bliegh. most of allyuh real bias yes. i bet you any money that sunlun could beat T&T senior team any day, but yuh calling them a shyte team.             yuh see how it feel to get diss!    how would you like it if they said T&T was rubbish.               fackry.

First constructive idea come out of this thread...

Alyuh think we brilliant TTFF could organise a preseason warmup between Sunderland and the Soca Warriors if they stay up? Dwight could play a farewell game on Sunderland side and Kenwyne and Carlos on the Soca Warriors side...or they could do half and half.

It can't be worse for Sunderland than playing Cork or Galway, and it can't be worse for TNT than playing El Salvador...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »
If it was a case where Kenwyne was not putting away easy chances and shouldve realistically had 10 goals for the season, i could give some credit to a criticism about his goalscoring..

But from the games I've seen, chances have been few and far between..

Against the better teams, he's been isolated alone up front leading the line, mostly trying to head the ball onto teammates, or trying to get something from set pieces..

When he has played with another striker, i hardly ever see him being the recipient of an incisive pass or played into threatening positions. The service from the wings and the midfield is piss poor.

So Kenwyne is doing the best with what he is being given to work with. His coach is elated. Other coaches in the league have sit up and taken note of his performances..

He's being compared to drogba because of his physique, his pace and his ability to physically dominate defences like no one else in the league can besides drogba, adebayor and maybe dean ashton at his best..  I see nothing at all wrong with that.. Based on his performances, the goals should come once the service improves..

Some of allyuh really eh know how to appreciate allyuh heros nuh.. steups

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 09:31:45 AM »

That is not true, all that is happening is people are expressing thoughts that differ on Kenwyne's football at this time.
Unlike Dwight Yorke and Russel Latapy, Kenwyne did not light up for us the first time we saw him play.
Yorke and Latapy were 2 players that as soon as you saw them as teens you knew that there was greatness in front of you.
Kenwyne being compared to Drogba and other established superstars is a bit out of order at this stage and the more pragmatic will adopt a wait and see attitude and hope he becomes as great as his promise suggests, but the stats ( 5 or 6 goals) for the season so far speak for themselves.

Well said sah!

Lissen to some on here and any refusal to drink de kool aid in EXACTLY de same manner as dem is seen as some kinda fight dong.  Or de "classic" failure to appreciate yuh heros.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:38:11 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »

Well said sah!

Lissen to some on here and any refusal to drink de kool aid in EXACTLY de same manner as dem is seen as some kinda fight dong.  Or de "classic" failure to appreciate yuh heros.  ::)

i agree with the statement but every player has their own path tuh walk, some players exhibit greatness early, some later, kj is later, his greatness will come with time as he progresses..... we'll wait and see, he has some elements of his game 2 work on, one bad ting about latas was that he could have had a better agent early in his career to get him playing for better teams..

God is de BOSS....

1]; } ?>