April 25, 2024, 06:31:27 AM

Author Topic: Lionel Messi Thread.  (Read 26930 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lionel Messi Thread.
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
No love for Messi.............

Messi cyah geh no love roung here as long as metronaldo can play the beautiful game the way he does....yuh eh see all dem step-overs and fancy flicks he does do wit he foot?  And he back-heelin' to score and ting?  Tchuh! Messi cyah do dem ting horse so he hadda ride out!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 07:00:57 AM »
The kind of form he is in makes studying strategy pointless. Barca is going to win the Champions League once Messi is fit. Messi is so good that saying he the best in the world has become an understatement.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 08:20:15 AM »
Barcelona is garbage and Messi is sh!t  :P

... but ah have ah sorf spot for a few of dey fans and also la liga so allyuh enjoy

All 234 of Messi's goals (14 mins of wow)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CYLtOzHZFAc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CYLtOzHZFAc</a>
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »
I doh like Barca and i doh like Messi, but it hurts to admit the man is something of genius, after i saw him Cap the Arsenal keeper last year in CL then score , at such a close range that did it for me.

Lawd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoCufP8nOSQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XoCufP8nOSQ</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Not a matter of liking Barca or Messi. Its a love for football and what we witnessing
is nothing short of genius.
48 Goals in 40 games with 8 hattricks spiced with a bouquet of style. Many thanks and nuff respect  :notworthy:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 10:08:18 AM »
*yawns pointedly*
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »
all rise
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »
I doh like Barca and i doh like Messi, but it hurts to admit the man is something of genius, after i saw him Cap the Arsenal keeper last year in CL then score , at such a close range that did it for me.

Lawd
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XoCufP8nOSQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XoCufP8nOSQ</a>

Dat was nasty what he did to Almunia.  Pure genius, incredible composure.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
232 goals and 231 of them with the left foot?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
What a spectacular season 50 Goals in La Liga  :applause: 72 Goals overall and still games to play  :notworthy:

Messi and Ronaldo are two remarkable footballers in this era.  :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:35 AM »
Pele interview in GQ  :beermug: :

"Are there any current players," I ask (you somehow just can't help it) "with the quality of a Cruyff, a Zidane, or a Best?"

"No. I don't see anybody who is at that level. Those players you mention all had extraordinary skill, two great feet, and they were all good in the air."

"Messi?"

"Well, Lionel Messi is a wonderful player. Very skilful. Highly intel­ligent. He is not good in the air." And Messi, he adds, is not equally comfortable with either foot. "But Messi is the best we have in the modern age."

Full: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2012-05/04/pele-interview-football-messi-fifa-racism

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »
Pele also said in another interview - "check him back (Pele) when Messi wins a world cup"... About 2-3 months ago... Can't remember the source though...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
Before the 2002 world cup in South Korea/Japan, Pele also said Nicky Butt was the world's best player
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2012, 05:28:43 PM »
"No. I don't see anybody who is at that level. Those players you mention all had extraordinary skill, two great feet, and they were all good in the air."

"Messi?"

"Well, Lionel Messi is a wonderful player. Very skilful. Highly intel­ligent. He is not good in the air." And Messi, he adds, is not equally comfortable with either foot.
I'd like to see Cruyff, Zidane, or Best (all magnificent players) consistently chip goalkeepers in full stride with their non dominant foot.  Probably one of the most difficult skills to accomplish in a game under pressure.

Not saying they haven't done it.  But consistently?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »

"Messi?"

"Well, Lionel Messi is a wonderful player. Very skilful. Highly intel­ligent. He is not good in the air." And Messi, he adds, is not equally comfortable with either foot.
I'd like to see Cruyff, Zidane, or Best (all magnificent players) consistently chip goalkeepers in full stride with their non dominant foot.  Probably one of the most difficult skills to accomplish in a game under pressure.

Not saying they haven't done it.  But consistently?

To be honest with you, I could really see any of them men doin' it consistently.....but I do agree, Messi does do dat so regular....and he does do it all how...the other day ah see him chip the ball back across the 'keeper, a defender and against his own run of play.  Ah could only shake meh head.

As great as Pele is and as much respect as we all would have for him, sometims I really wish he would just fall back and (STFU!) be quiet. He acts as is his legacy, a legacy way beyond reproach, is always under attack.  I really don't see that the people that are lavishing praise upon Messi, are quite comparing his accomplishments to those of Pale and Maradonna.  But he should be gracious enough to recognize Messi's own artistic greatness.  But if "Messi" is a word that doesn't belong in the same conversation as "Pele" and "Maradonna" then he shouldn't be talking about Best or Cruyff in the same conversation as Zidane, much less, using all three in the same group and a staandard for greatness.

Ah does really laugh at people that does (still) say that Messi "is not a good header of the ball."  Rio Ferdinand and Edwin van Der Saar would be the first ones to dispute that as first-hand witnesses.

But, so far, I do agree with ONE thing Pele said, though...:"Ronaldo is... avery goodplayer. In the same way that David Beckham was a very good player."  He eh lie 'bout dah one!  :D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Not to hijack the thread. The funny thing about Zizou is that during WC 1998 he was being highly criticized (by media, especially French media) for his poor performances in the games.  So much so he crack and get a Red vs Saudi Arabia. Came back for the Italy game and still was not at his best against both Italy and Croatia (decent 1st half, but not majestic). Then came the final and the rest is history. History will remember Zidane at the WC for the final, but the truth of the matter is he did not dominate that WC and show his true talent.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »
Not to hijack the thread. The funny thing about Zizou is that during WC 1998 he was being highly criticized (by media, especially French media) for his poor performances in the games.  So much so he crack and get a Red vs Saudi Arabia. Came back for the Italy game and still was not at his best against both Italy and Croatia (decent 1st half, but not majestic). Then came the final and the rest is history. History will remember Zidane at the WC for the final, but the truth of the matter is he did not dominate that WC and show his true talent.

As a matter of fact, his entire WC resume isn't that good but to tell me that he wouldn'ta been able to be mentioned among the "greats" had FRANCE not won a WC is just  :bs:  Lev Yashin never won a WC and Gordon Banks wasn't saving for England when they chbeat Germany in the final in '66 nor has Peter Schmeichel, Edwin van Der Saar, Walter Zenga or Michel Preud'homme saved well enough to win a WC for their respective countries.  Does that mean that none of them were as good as Sepp Maier? Or does it mean that Brazil's WC-winning Felix from 1970 actually was?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:18 AM »

I've made this point to many people and they tell me I talkin' mess.

Zidane only played well in WC 2006 (particularly the knockout phase), until he butt down Materazzi.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2012, 11:33:21 AM »
Besides Ronaldo, very few players play their best in a World Cup in the modern game.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »
Besides Ronaldo, very few players play their best in a World Cup in the modern game.

very true.....what people have to realize is that, at the end of the day, despite whatever individual brillinace any player can put on on any given day or tournament, (like Toto Schillacci) it is still a team sport.  Men like Socrates and Zico NEVER won a WC.  Where does that leave them in the conversation of being heralded among the greats? They don't belong in that conversation? (Neither does Platini?) Isn't that '82 team generally regarded as one of the best ever WC teams?  People just need to recognize Messi's greatness and stop the stupid counter-arguing. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »

Great point.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »

I've made this point to many people and they tell me I talkin' mess.

Zidane only played well in WC 2006 (particularly the knockout phase), until he butt down Materazzi.

Kicker i watch every France game recently and against South Africa Zizou was ok and Croatia first half, that is it.

On another note Esuebio will always live in the shadow of Pele & deStafano, but he was majestic at the European Cup level and had  a memorable WC 1966. And YES his name deserves to be mentioned above many as GREAT
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2012, 06:04:59 PM »
Observer, you see Eusebio play live dread?  Would have loved to see some of him live myself
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2012, 06:36:04 AM »
Observer, you see Eusebio play live dread?  Would have loved to see some of him live myself

Lucky enough to say yes. As a matter of fact lucky enough to see all the greats live with the exception of those from the DeStefano, Puskas
era (and before). Even though some were past their truly best.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2012, 07:15:33 AM »

Ronaldo = Legend  :beermug:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »

And even that was when he was past his best.  Post-surgery Ronaldo was not the same player.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
Messi at the centre of race storm as axed Everton ace Drenthe accuses Barca star (Daily Mail)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141696/Lionel-Messi-race-row-Royston-Drenthe.html

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
Messi at the centre of race storm as axed Everton ace Drenthe accuses Barca star (Daily Mail)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141696/Lionel-Messi-race-row-Royston-Drenthe.html

I just read it today.I am not sure what to make of it. I will have to wait to hear further details. For now it's a case of one player's word against another's.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Messi all stars
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2012, 06:28:19 PM »
who watching this game on fsc now?  messi's all stars vs mexican league all stars

robinho, messi, lavezzi, diego, alexis sanchez among others sweating for messi side...ooweee!

1]; } ?>