April 19, 2024, 08:53:51 AM

Author Topic: Lionel Messi Thread.  (Read 26900 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lionel Messi Thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
Messi is the best, hands down. The fella have ah hunger that seems insatiable. You have never seen that in Zidane, Ronaldinho, a little in the Real Ronaldo and some what in Maradonna. I think it was in Pele when he was younger - like pre 20s. CRonaldo, just does not have it, it's either happening for him or it not.

Looking at Messi play is like looking at someone who is dying and desperately clinging to life. Like the minute he stops playing his life will end. It so intense and different. The level of defensive tactical organization is at an all time best right now and Messi is yet to be solved for.
Yes he has great passers behind him, yet no manager in the world will go onto the field with out a specific and detailed plan for Messi and for players supporting Messi. A team preparing to play Barca with Messi prepares a whole lot differently than if preparing to play the same Barca team without Messi.

How many times has Messi played without Xavi and Iniesta and still showed why he is the best? The fella is it as their is no current comparisons and the old comparisons goes as far as Messi hasn't won a WC.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
Messi is the best, hands down. The fella have ah hunger that seems insatiable. You have never seen that in Zidane, Ronaldinho, a little in the Real Ronaldo and some what in Maradonna. I think it was in Pele when he was younger - like pre 20s. CRonaldo, just does not have it, it's either happening for him or it not.

Looking at Messi play is like looking at someone who is dying and desperately clinging to life. Like the minute he stops playing his life will end. It so intense and different. The level of defensive tactical organization is at an all time best right now and Messi is yet to be solved for.
Yes he has great passers behind him, yet no manager in the world will go onto the field with out a specific and detailed plan for Messi and for players supporting Messi. A team preparing to play Barca with Messi prepares a whole lot differently than if preparing to play the same Barca team without Messi.

How many times has Messi played without Xavi and Iniesta and still showed why he is the best? The fella is it as their is no current comparisons and the old comparisons goes as far as Messi hasn't won a WC.

Steups... you cyah be serious
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »

:waiting: :waiting:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

:waiting: :waiting:

Ask Argentina.... :beermug:

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 08:38:11 AM »
So if man saying Messi have to do it at WC:

Why argue Ronaldinho better than both of dem.

WIN
WC, Copa America, Confederation Cup, UEFA Cup
Champions League, La Liga, Serie A

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
Surprise no one eh give Messi a likkle write up after yesterday's performance. Well i for one  :notworthy: to the genius of the performance.
Sorry I run out of Adjectives for this man.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 03:32:19 PM »
Surprise no one eh give Messi a likkle write up after yesterday's performance. Well i for one  :notworthy: to the genius of the performance.
Sorry I run out of Adjectives for this man.

Couldn't find the right thread and didn't feel like making one.....thanks though.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2012, 07:28:55 AM »
The Jury is still out whether he is better than Maradona. I am a Maradona fan and I am very impressed with Messi. When he can do it with Argentina on the W/C stage. then I would say YES./
 Now he did score 3 against Switzerland. But Let us wait for the big dance .Best player on the planet at the moment= Without a doubt.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »
That was advantageous.  The man just passin he ball into the goal.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Messi and the original Ronaldo (Brazil) are the two best ever...

better than Maradona and Pele...Only nostalgia getting in the way of people admitting that. 

If Messi win a World Cup, people will try to find something else to begrudge him. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2012, 09:21:23 AM »
Messi and the original Ronaldo (Brazil) are the two best ever...

better than Maradona and Pele...Only nostalgia getting in the way of people admitting that. 

If Messi win a World Cup, people will try to find something else to begrudge him.

Agreed..

For me, Messi is the greatest ever hands down. Better than all the names you mention there.

Even if Messi doesn't win a World Cup i will still say he is the best ever. And if he does win, people will turn around and say that his success was largely because of being on such a great team like Barcelona.

The international game is so different and so much more competitive now than ever before, that it is difficult for one single player to almost single-handedly determine the outcome of a tournament like Pele and Maradona did.. Even someone with the prodiguous talent of Messi.

For one, there are no more walkover sides in international football as the last World Cup showed. Teams like North Korea, New Zealand and Algeria giving traditional superpower teams a run for it. Tactical advances and the across the board improvement in the global quality of players means any properly coached and constructed team with heart will be competitve.

Also, the prominence of club football over international today means that national teams are not together as much as before. It means that there is not as much as a defined system that they adhere too. Couple that with the fact that the best players are entrenched in the brand of their European clubs, it means that the style of many national teams are becoming less distinguishable as they converge to a center.

For example, the Brazil of today is much more of a European adaptation with less dependency on flair and raw talent. Players like Ramires, Lucas, Elano could have never seen Pele's brazilian team. Another example is, the Italy of today is also an adaptation with less dependency on catenaccio based defensive ethic.. They now run a 4-3-3 and cannot keep clean sheets. Spain's success is largely because they have wholesaled the best club in the world, Barcelona. Holland and Germany also don't play a brand that is as evidently Dutch or German as it used to be back in those days, and Argentina still can't figure out what they want to do.

I might have strayed, but the point is that Messi is hamstrung by the lack of identity in his national team and hamstrung by the ineptitude of his national team coaches.

To recap, Pekerman basically threw away Messi's first chance of winning a World Cup with Argentina by subbing off Riquelme and Tevez against Germany and leaving Messi on the bench allowing them to take the game. Then Maradona with his clueless self was never going to win the 2010 World Cup with his questionable selections and even more questionable system. And then the last coach was trying to xerox Barcelona's system to accomodate Messi, but was trying to do so with players who simply do not fit and could not execute. Add in the sub-standard defenders on that team and it is unrealistic to expect Messi to do it on his own.

So lack of international success is not just about Messi. Until he gets a proper coach who can implement a system that best suits the talent that Argentina have at their disposal, Argentina will not win anything just from Messi carrying the side on his back a la Maradona '86.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2012, 10:01:36 AM »
I still have a slight bias to Ronaldo (Brazil)... I never see another pure center forward no. 9 do what he did...  People memory of him is post injuries (injuries that woulda normally ended careers)...Before his injuries he was doing things I never see anybody do... anybody!!! - He had the same cut and thrust of Messi with alot more tricks and same if not better finishing ....after injur(ies) he lost a few steps and gained some weight....and he STILL transformed his game to be the most feared goal scorer on the planet... He was special.

Rationally speaking Messi is the best, but in my heart R9 untouchable.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »

u clearly doh watch football....
all this xavi iniesta bull has to stop....
Messi de best ever hands down

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 11:26:18 AM »
Is all dem hormone injections...
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
He close to the center of gravity. Like Lara and Tendulka

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
ALyuh ever think is because alyuh have cable in yuh house and internet now that the messi argument skewed.

Now yuh could make you tube clip and watch it over and over and bawl wheyyyyy.

In the Pele and Maradonna days it was radio and papers you had to go on and if you did see them in action on TV it was limited.

I sure dem men dish out more beat and do all kinda ting that most of us never see and young fellas now cyar appreciate.

But....it can also hold true that because we ent see them much and had them under the microscope we give them a pips and keep the legend alive.

I will give Messi his pips...but until he doing what he doing with another team, I not giving him that Greatest Ever Rank.

I doubt he will ever leave Barca, but if he could do what he doing with another club team...then yuh know it is not a fluke and d man good. He doh ever look so for Argentina and it ent now he not doing it for dem. Barca and they touch and pass ball and the space they creating could make ANYBODY look good.

If Van Persie went Barca you ent think he go look better than he looking right now. Arsenal swinging hard on d man stones and yet he producing in spite of...Look how good Cesc fit een, not a injury, time and space to gallery heself.

Bring Messi BPL....he ent lasting no season and he cyar do what he doing in La Liga. Is relentless blade in he hobbit frame.

I ent giving Messi that pips over Zidane, Maradonna and Pele yet.....he by pass Ronaldinho but I still find Fat Boy Ronaldo on par if not better than him. Also is only because Cronaldo (the hen) have so much attitude and ego, but he is a boss player and proven, he right dey too.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
where is disgruntled?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »
I still have a slight bias to Ronaldo (Brazil)... I never see another pure center forward no. 9 do what he did...  People memory of him is post injuries (injuries that woulda normally ended careers)...Before his injuries he was doing things I never see anybody do... anybody!!! - He had the same cut and thrust of Messi with alot more tricks and same if not better finishing ....after injur(ies) he lost a few steps and gained some weight....and he STILL transformed his game to be the most feared goal scorer on the planet... He was special.

Rationally speaking Messi is the best, but in my heart R9 untouchable.

very special footballer indeed and certainly one of the greatest strikers. Never manage to win a CL, which is amazing when you think about his career, none the less a phenomenon.

PS: I do not buy the theory that Messi has to do it with another club team. Ronaldo, Maradona never achieved Europen/CL. Esuebio, Best, Cruyff, Zidane, deStefano, Muller, Beckenbauer only did it with one team.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:46:54 PM by Observer »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »
ALyuh ever think is because alyuh have cable in yuh house and internet now that the messi argument skewed.

Now yuh could make you tube clip and watch it over and over and bawl wheyyyyy.

In the Pele and Maradonna days it was radio and papers you had to go on and if you did see them in action on TV it was limited.

I sure dem men dish out more beat and do all kinda ting that most of us never see and young fellas now cyar appreciate.

But....it can also hold true that because we ent see them much and had them under the microscope we give them a pips and keep the legend alive.

I will give Messi his pips...but until he doing what he doing with another team, I not giving him that Greatest Ever Rank.

I doubt he will ever leave Barca, but if he could do what he doing with another club team...then yuh know it is not a fluke and d man good. He doh ever look so for Argentina and it ent now he not doing it for dem. Barca and they touch and pass ball and the space they creating could make ANYBODY look good.

If Van Persie went Barca you ent think he go look better than he looking right now. Arsenal swinging hard on d man stones and yet he producing in spite of...Look how good Cesc fit een, not a injury, time and space to gallery heself.

Bring Messi BPL....he ent lasting no season and he cyar do what he doing in La Liga. Is relentless blade in he hobbit frame.

I ent giving Messi that pips over Zidane, Maradonna and Pele yet.....he by pass Ronaldinho but I still find Fat Boy Ronaldo on par if not better than him. Also is only because Cronaldo (the hen) have so much attitude and ego, but he is a boss player and proven, he right dey too.

Allyuh rell like to f**k up CRonaldo eh lol.

All shit talk aside I watch a documentary ob CRon and honestly I don't think Messi could do half of what he capable of.  I also don't think Messi outclasses him as the clear standout best right now either.  If people are objective there is no way you can dismiss CRonaldo from this kind of argument.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »

Sidenote... If Van Persie go Barcelona he go be worse.

Not one player in the Wenger leave Barca and turn out better.. Henry, Adebayor, Hleb, Nasri, Flamini, Toure, Gallas... All of them ketching dey ass relatively.

Look at what happen to Henry and Ibrahimovic at Barca. Them fellas gone there with big reputation and wasn't in tune with the brand.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
Lionel Messi Greatest Player Ever

Good documentary on Messi aired last week in the UK.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »

Not one player in the Wenger leave Barca and turn out better.. Henry, Adebayor, Hleb, Nasri, Flamini, Toure, Gallas... All of them ketching dey ass relatively.

Look at what happen to Henry and Ibrahimovic at Barca. Them fellas gone there with big reputation and wasn't in tune with the brand.

Interesting observation
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

giggsy11

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »

Cesc is not ketching his arse at Barca.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »

Cesc is not ketching his arse at Barca.

True! But cesc just went home  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2012, 08:27:34 AM »
The number one thing I like about Messi; is his attitude! He doen't act like a prima donna, no self promoting and he just lets his skills do the talking!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 09:19:58 AM »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
happy to see him in my life time...thanks
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 05:35:24 PM »
....why dah pic lookin' like a photoshop job so?

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
No love for Messi.............

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
Messi breaks Barcelona record
March 20, 2012
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi broke the club's all-time goalscoring record of 232 on Tuesday night in style.

Previous leader Cesar Rodriguez was thought to have scored 235 official goals for the Blaugrana but that has now been amended to 232 after a study removed three goals attributed to him.

And Messi wasted no time in overhauling the milestone at the age of 24 - having scored an incredible 48 goals in 40 games for the Catalan giants this season, including eight hat-tricks - with another treble in a 5-3 win against Granada.

The three-time FIFA World Player of the Year slotted home Isaac Cuenca's cross in the 17th minute and then secured the record outright in the 68th minute when he lobbed the ball over Granada goalkeeper Julio Cesar, before rounding the keeper late on for his third.

Manager Pep Guardiola said after the game: Guardiola said: "You have few players who dominate like this, but he does it. You can compare him perfectly to [basketball legend Michael] Jordan.

"The day that Leo Messi overcame Cesar, we've had a game from that era. Leo has entered history. Those who knew Cesar have told me that he was exceptional.

"I want to thank the team for overcoming all adversity and this guy who is continuing to make history.

"It's all been said before about Messi. He doesn't only score goals, he scores great goals; each one is better than the last. We are seeing the very best in action.

"I'm sorry for those who try to take his throne but this kid is different, better, we are excited to have him."

Rodriguez's goals came in the early 1950s and although he currently holds the record in official matches, Paulino Alcantara has the overall record of 369 goals in 357 official and friendly games..

1]; } ?>