April 19, 2024, 04:34:05 PM

Author Topic: Couchsurfing...would you do it?  (Read 1071 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Couchsurfing...would you do it?
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:24:29 PM »
I heard about the site on NPR and the people sounded cool. checked out the site and it seems legit. of course i couldn't do it now (i ent no young whippersnapper no more, have a family) but if i was still in university i woulda give it a shot. what do u guys think?

http://www.couchsurfing.com/

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Couchsurfing...would you do it?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 02:05:09 PM »
I see it on tv.....some of the participants was some tiny 110lb girls from europe...is like dem never see 'Hostel' or wha

Big hard back man like me fraid to get stab up when ah sleepin and end up dismembered in somebody freezer.....dem goin brave  :-\
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 02:41:24 PM »
so the idea is to saty by those you connect with on this site...in a way it is good but as Dutty say.....nah ;)

my wife's father was a ham radio fella and one time he invte a fella from  the usa to stay by him in TnT
de fella show up one day and afetr he realise that Drinking was the order of the day he eventually stayed 6 months until my wife realised what was goin on and KICKED his ass out
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »
I have a crazy australian friend who told me about it. Girl brave too bad...

Nice idea, but it have no way as a solitary black man I going anywhere east of Lyon to stay in no random stranger house...I doh want to end up in Unsolved Mysteries.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>