March 29, 2024, 08:26:18 AM

Author Topic: Portsmouth v Sunderland  (Read 5260 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Portsmouth v Sunderland
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »
Jones (the next drogba), starting up front alone..

Sunderland going for a 5 man midfield with it look like Andy Reid in behind kenwyne...

Yorkie on de bench

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Portsmouth v Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »
Here is a link ah find for who interested  :beermug:

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sun13.1/Sunderland_Portsmouth.html

Click on # 11

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:55:01 AM »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »
Here is a link ah find for who interested  :beermug:

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sun13.1/Sunderland_Portsmouth.html

Click on # 11

Big Up!
that works ,thanks Desowa  :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »
for some reason tvu doh like me at all at all anymore

no connection but I say I go wait until next week to transfer him in and Torres just buss d net 3x  :'(
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »
I was tabling on a ugly but effective goalless draw away for sunlun or a last minute kj winner. How it looking so far?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »
I was tabling on a ugly but effective goalless draw away for sunlun or a last minute kj winner. How it looking so far?

everything you said so far, still waiting on the last minute winner from KJ... 64' min now

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »
crap...

tough sunderland...you need to equalize...time to take risks now
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:33:39 AM by Midknight »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
The good news is that none of Derby, Fulham or Reading winning they away games. But sooner or later Sunderland will need to win a couple if they want to give themselves some breathing space...

They have Derby up next week. Good place to start

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 10:57:01 AM »
yea was about to say the same. A loss today not so dire as the other teams lost too
Back in Trini...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 10:58:14 AM »
How much "Drogba" score?   8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 11:08:20 AM »

how much chances "drogba" get?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2008, 11:15:44 AM »
Hard luck there Sunderland...keep at it

allya still on dis "drogba" thing
wait a few years to see how KJ matches up
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
KJ running aimlessly all over the place... too much is being placed on him to do... He's not a Jumper... can't be everywhere, all de time on the field...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 11:27:17 AM »

17 consecutive EPL games (and counting) without a goal fuh "Drogba".

And he playin striker.  8)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 11:29:07 AM »
KJ running aimlessly all over the place... too much is being placed on him to do... He's not a Jumper... can't be everywhere, all de time on the field...
Yuh know fuh a second day yuh had mih thinking "Wha de ass yuh mean KJ cyah jump?" den a see yuh use a capital J and ketch yuh meaning. ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
Yuh know fuh a second day yuh had mih thinking "Wha de ass yuh mean KJ cyah jump?" den a see yuh use a capital J and ketch yuh meaning. ;D
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Saw the movie with the fiancee this weekend  ;D

He needs some support from the mids and someone to help him up front... his lack of goals are due to the fact that there is a poor delivery of balls to him...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 11:43:48 AM »
He needs some support from the mids and someone to help him up front... his lack of goals are due to the fact that there is a poor delivery of balls to him...

Lemmeh play devil advocate here.

How come in dem 17 games, it had oddah men who score?  More dan once.  De delivery to dem wasn't poor too?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 11:46:38 AM »

How come in dem 17 games, it had oddah men who score?  More dan once.  De delivery to dem wasn't poor too?

Check who got the assist for most of dem goals....

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »

17 consecutive EPL games (and counting) without a goal fuh "Drogba".

And he playin striker.  8)

why you so bitter that a few EPL managers see KJ as having the ability to become a dominant striker in the EPL. Redknapp's comparison to Drogba was neither literal nor current. He sees similarities in a broad sense, but never said they were the exact same type of player. Nor does he think KJ is there yet. That is why he said he could be...not he is. It's all premature, but like you have ah axe to grind. All young players who show potential get a little attention and people focus on how good they could become. You moving so bitter, you coming with all kinda ridiculous outlandish stats to 'prove' KJ is not Drogba. By the way..KJ should have more goals, but he is a still a striker in the making. And it has been 8 EPL games since he has scored not 17. But doh let something like de facts get in the way of your crusade

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 11:59:37 AM »

I wish JK Rowling wrote the script, so KJ could do some Harry Potter magic, but that is not the case. In my honest opinion... KJ is not quite the player everyone is hyping him up to be... he still have yards to go. I hate the British Press for that kinda garbage... score a couple goals and you is an icon... dat is why every player with ah little talent is the second coming of Gascoigne...

Yes dem players did make the best of their opportunities and did well. To me KJ like his sunderland side is a slight cut above average in the Premiership and in La Liga would be a laughing stock... Hopefully Sunderland will beef up their defence, mid, and wingers... I could imagine KJ going into a game with the mind frame... he has to work more than just trying to put the ball in de back of the net.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »

Barber shop old talk. when yuh ready to be real then i will listen, BC i know you know better than that.               so go ahead and play :devil: advocate.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »

What's your point? There are 11 men on the field....I don't remember anyone claiming that Kenwyne was the only one capable of hitting the net....Other players stepped up to keep the goals flowing (trickling  ;D), that's how the game works.

Plus to my memory KJ had some of the assists on those goals.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:18:39 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »

whey u get 17 games from??

u following de man or just talking out yuh ass?

nobody say he's de only man to score goals on de side..

he's had plenty of assists and been involved in alot of the goals.. As a matter of fact he's the undisputed MVP of that side..

So whats your point exactly?

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 03:29:51 AM »
Hard luck there Sunderland...keep at it

allya still on dis "drogba" thing
wait a few years to see how KJ matches up

Sol Campbell had him in his pocket today  :'(
Roy Keane's Red & White Army

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 06:42:12 AM »
Keane is an asshole manager. Any fool can see that Yorke is the best passer of the ball on Sunderland team and Jones needs support and better service. 2 injury and your team scraping, you are a premiership team and should act like one.

Jones is another case, he like playing forward so much that he will do anything to play there, even if its him alone. I believe he should go to a better team in order to save his career because Sunderland is killing his reputation.

Managers are also feeding Jones big remarks before they play Sunderland and it seems it is affecting his game. Maybe they are putting to much pressure on him spitefully and it seems to be working. Rednapp was a perfect example, he told Jones he was the next Drogba and Jones head got big and he lost his game. There is no way on earth Jones could even fit in Drogba shoe, not now, maybe down the road if he gets into a better team and play under a better system and manager.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 08:42:23 AM »
Keane is an asshole manager. Any fool can see that Yorke is the best passer of the ball on Sunderland team and Jones needs support and better service. 2 injury and your team scraping, you are a premiership team and should act like one.

Jones is another case, he like playing forward so much that he will do anything to play there, even if its him alone. I believe he should go to a better team in order to save his career because Sunderland is killing his reputation.

Managers are also feeding Jones big remarks before they play Sunderland and it seems it is affecting his game. Maybe they are putting to much pressure on him spitefully and it seems to be working. Rednapp was a perfect example, he told Jones he was the next Drogba and Jones head got big and he lost his game. There is no way on earth Jones could even fit in Drogba shoe, not now, maybe down the road if he gets into a better team and play under a better system and manager.
Have you honestly seen any sunderland games. i doubt you did or else you wouldn't of made those silly statements, FYI every time i've seen dwight yorke played this season, the first thing comes to mind is that dwight had a good run as a pro baller , but is time for him to call it a day! the man is as slow as molases bro , he can't play in a 424 formation as a midfielder , he struggles in that position BC he's just not fast enough, and he doesn't get time on the ball as in other leagues.

the prem is very fast and dwight can't cope with the speed any more. what i would suggest is that keane should move dwight up front as a strike partener with KJ or play dwight in the middle and KJ on the right wing, but dwight could only play the mid field role in a 451 formation right behind KJ bro. another thing bro , if KJ don't get the propper service , he's not going to score, reason why ? if you notice , since KJ came on the radar as a threat, he's been doubbled  and tripple teamed and there's no one on that team to take advantage of that , you shoulkd look at every time sunlun have a set piece, and watch at how many bodies that hold down KJ, he's more of a marked man than rooney and defoe put together.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 09:11:28 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »

I am sorry mate but you are talking bollocks, Yorke is coming back from a bad calf injury and is not 100% fit, also this season he has really struggled to make any impact as his legs have gone. He gives the ball away more than anyone else in the team as he needs more time on the ball.

As for Jones moving to another club to save his reputation....well that does not make any sense as his rep has never been higher since joining Sunderland.

The best passer of the ball is not Yorke anyway, I would say it's either Richardson or Reid. However I do agree that Jones needs support up front as playing a lone striker is ineffective without midfield players like Richardson bursting forward.....Keane an asshole, I bet you wouldn't say it to his face 8)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
.....Keane an asshole, I bet you wouldn't say it to his face 8)
heh heh heh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Cartman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »
.....Keane an asshole, I bet you wouldn't say it to his face 8)
heh heh heh

I have never seen Vieira look so scared

1]; } ?>