0 (0%)
there will be blood
2 (66.7%)
no country for old men
1 (33.3%)
michael clayton
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: 2008 ACADEMY AWARDS  (Read 1731 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
2008 ACADEMY AWARDS
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:23:38 AM »
i'v seen 2 out of 5.there will be blood will be de big winner.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 ACADEMY AWARDS
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 06:22:41 AM »
I dunno and doh really care too much...dem Academy Award is tief head thing, de winners are seldom deserving, and those most deserving seldom win.

Is years now I boycotting.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »
I dunno and doh really care too much...dem Academy Award is tief head thing, de winners are seldom deserving, and those most deserving seldom win.

like who capitan

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 08:04:09 AM »

like who capitan

Like Denzel in Malcolm X, then later in Hurricane...ah mean, I real like American Beauty and perhaps Kevin Spacey deserved it more, but Denzel's performance was simply sublime.

Then when Training Day came around they give him Best Actor fuh dat piece ah shit role...den throw Halle ah bone because she was in their eyes, believable as ah hoe taking wood from Billy Bob, lol

Natalie Portman really deserved Best Actress for the Piano years ago?  Or they find she do ah good job fuh ah chile and give she it tuh get some PR in return?

....now this year they nominate Ruby Dee for best supporting actress fuh she two mins in American Gangster, token nomination thing.

As I said, all dat is is about industry insiders patting each other on they back and seldom reflects my personal taste so what I watching dat for? lol

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »

like who capitan

Then when Training Day came around they give him Best Actor fuh dat piece ah shit role...den throw Halle ah bone because she was in their eyes, believable as ah hoe taking wood from Billy Bob, lol

Me eh know but I find Training Day and Man  on Fire was de best I ever seen of Denzil Washington. And I eh no Washington fan eh, I find like all he movies dem does look the same.

Except them two.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 09:01:10 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »

Me eh know but I find Training Day and Man  on Fire was de best I ever seen of Denzil Washington. And I eh no Washington fan eh, I find like all he movies dem does look the same.

Except them two.

I find Training day was an ordinary movie... Denzil only get that Oscar because is the first time he play de lead role as de villain, and also he was owed an Oscar for Malcolm X.. Furthermore, i find his pseudo-gangster accent was sounding alarmingly fake in de movie and like he was real fighting it with he, "Yeah Dog" and he "I'm the man with this mofo" fake ass lines...

Last night i watch de show...

When i see denzil moms get nominated from American gangster i was in shock... She hardly feature in de show at all and the clip they show when she buss ah slap on him must be de only piece she act in de whole movie besides the part when she tell him thanks for de new house... (she eh ask whey it come from tho).

Half them movies in the Oscar's i never hear bout anyway...

Some kinda films which would would make good lullabies.. I saw Assasination of Jesse James with Brad Pitt and it was the slowest most boring movie i have ever seen, and quarter of the ppl in the cinema walked out halfway thru... a next quarter was snoring, and everybody else was steupsing cause just when you thought you going and see credits it start back up again... Yet that got some nominations...

And i does get bored with these high falutin, stiff borderline homosexual directors making dey boring speeches..

One ah dem male directors bawl out last night, "I would like to thank John... You've been the best honey!"  wtf ???

Jessica Biel look sweet last night tho..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:56:24 AM »

Except them two.

Denzel is a good actor, not great but good...maybe even very good.  That said, there's no way you could convince me that Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman) did a better job than Denzel in Malcolm X in 1992.  As said earlier, I could understand Kevin Spacey in 98, but only by a hair over Denzel for Hurricane.

2001 roll arung and it was Year of the Negro...they throw we ah bone fuh two bullshit performances.  I thought Denzel's character was completely unbelievable...not for once was I convinced that Alonzo Harris (as played by Denzel) was this menacing out of control badman...was more like watching somebody play a badman on TV.

...but then again me eh have no SAG card and I doh count, so I vote with mih remote instead.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 09:58:02 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »

like who capitan

Like Denzel in Malcolm X, then later in Hurricane...ah mean, I real like American Beauty and perhaps Kevin Spacey deserved it more, but Denzel's performance was simply sublime.

Natalie Portman really deserved Best Actress for the Piano years ago?  Or they find she do ah good job fuh ah chile and give she it tuh get some PR in return?

....now this year they nominate Ruby Dee for best supporting actress fuh she two mins in American Gangster, token nomination thing.

As I said, all dat is is about industry insiders patting each other on they back and seldom reflects my personal taste so what I watching dat for? lol
i did neva like denzel as an actor but some times an actor get ah role and yuh find some respect fuh them,that role was in john q,was no fantastic movie but he could act.he didnt deserve it fuh trainin day,although that was ah damn good flick.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
Associated Press

Complete list of winners at the 80th annual Academy Awards, presented Sunday night at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles:

Best Picture: "No Country for Old Men"

Lead Actress: Marion Cotillard, "La Vie en Rose"

Lead Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, "There Will Be Blood"

Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, "No Country for Old Men"

Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton, "Michael Clayton"

Best Director: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"

Foreign Language Film: "The Counterfeiters," Austria

Adapted Screenplay: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, "No Country for Old Men"

Original Screenplay: Diablo Cody, "Juno" 

Animated Feature Film: "Ratatouille"

Art Direction: "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"

Cinematography: "There Will Be Blood"

Sound Mixing: "The Bourne Ultimatum"

Sound Editing: "The Bourne Ultimatum"

Original Score: "Atonement," Dario Marianelli

Original Song: "Falling Slowly" from "Once," Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova

Costume: "Elizabeth: The Golden Age"

Documentary Feature: "Taxi to the Dark Side"

Documentary Short Subject: "Freeheld"

Makeup: "La Vie en Rose"

Animated Short Film: "Peter & the Wolf"

Live Action Short Film: "Le Mozart des Pickpockets (`The Mozart of Pickpockets')"

Visual Effects: "The Golden Compass"

———

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

Honorary and technical Oscars: Robert Boyle; Eastman Kodak Co.; David A. Grafton.

1]; } ?>