April 29, 2024, 12:45:41 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal's Eduardo suffers broken leg from horrific tackle  (Read 31739 times)

truetrini

Re: Arsenal's Eduardo suffers broken leg from horrific tackle
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2008, 09:50:22 AM »
No Croatian inlaws but I was just interested to read from truetrini twice that he bombed Croatia, since I didnt know he was a pilot and I dont remember the Croatians ever getting bombed by NATO. I vaguely remember Serbs getting bombed there.

and yes I do find a lot of women in Croatia hot ! not quite sure where the hairy tag comes from as never saw that myself.

i am just joking fella.  Everywhere has their share of HOT women.

Bagging a Croat is not a difficult task at ll though.

In fact bagging any woman in that part of the world is as easy as
shooting a French man in a barrel.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2008, 09:54:32 AM »
No Croatian inlaws but I was just interested to read from truetrini twice that he bombed Croatia, since I didnt know he was a pilot and I dont remember the Croatians ever getting bombed by NATO. I vaguely remember Serbs getting bombed there.

and yes I do find a lot of women in Croatia hot ! not quite sure where the hairy tag comes from as never saw that myself.

I think de man really want tuh know if yuh's really ah pilot so yuh could take him fuh ah ride in yuh plane.

truetrini

« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2008, 09:56:55 AM »
And why are you so interested in what I did in Croatia?

Trust me, bombs were "dropped" on Croatia.  I personally seen them in a place called Dalj on the Danube and in ah place named Rijeka.  I have many memories of that place...mostly bad though as I find those people to be a hateful bunch ah bastards.

Bakes yuh too damn funny.

Nah I is not ah pilot....but ah know bombs real good.  Meh Uncle Sammy taught me well.

My nick name was Big Bang.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2008, 10:54:56 AM »
wasnt so interested in you per se just in what you said.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »

fuh real i was in uk for 5 years picked up a slovakian hottie swear she coulda been a bond girl!

truetrini

« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2008, 03:29:35 PM »

fuh real i was in uk for 5 years picked up a slovakian hottie swear she coulda been a bond girl!

see dat?  it was ah slovak...not ah croat..although in Zagreb, uh coukd get ah Bond girltt...jes not Jams Bond, but vagabond.

serious all it take is two sapodilla and ah moko......is only bat!

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2008, 04:29:16 PM »

see dat?  it was ah slovak...not ah croat..although in Zagreb, uh coukd get ah Bond girltt...jes not Jams Bond, but vagabond.

well boy ah thought the last time i saw someone crave a laugh or attention so much, was the clip of the vagrant swimming on the streets in port of spain....http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4hNVJ40oDw&feature=related

dude do you have a life?? all you can do is bad talk a country because the truff challenge you a little bit....anyway..its thursday and manhattan poping right now with all kinda different women...so the truff heading up in vice...anyone in the ny area welcome to come through....19th st btw 5th ave and broadway......crazy after work spot..

truetrini

« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2008, 06:47:49 PM »

well boy ah thought the last time i saw someone crave a laugh or attention so much, was the clip of the vagrant swimming on the streets in port of spain....http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4hNVJ40oDw&feature=related

dude do you have a life?? all you can do is bad talk a country because the truff challenge you a little bit....anyway..its thursday and manhattan poping right now with all kinda different women...so the truff heading up in vice...anyone in the ny area welcome to come through....19th st btw 5th ave and broadway......crazy after work spot..

yes Mr. Vocab, Mr. Diciton...Manhatten real catholic, and they are POPING away.   Enjoy yuh catechism!  I hope father eh take yuh in de rectory.   :devil:

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 29, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »
They should ban that fella for the length of time Eduardo is out for. They should also fine him 45,000 lbs as well. What a dumb tackle for a professional player. Eduardo would never be the same player............

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2008, 10:00:50 AM »
They should ban that fella for the length of time Eduardo is out for. They should also fine him 45,000 lbs as well. What a dumb tackle for a professional player. Eduardo would never be the same player............
[/qu

£45000 dear lad.. :beermug:

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »
[/qu

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 29, 2008, 10:36:12 AM »
They should also fine him 45,000 lbs as well.
45,000 lbs of what?
Potatos? :devil:

alou pie for days oui ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 29, 2008, 11:29:04 AM »
They should also fine him 45,000 lbs as well.
45,000 lbs of what?
Potatos? :devil:

alou pie for days oui ;D
lmao 

Dai'z de entire Irish crop yes, :rotfl:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 29, 2008, 12:13:36 PM »
De Rules:

1) It is always..and I mean always Wim fault

A-A What happen to Stern?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

giggsy11

« Reply #194 on: February 29, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
[/qu

Ah tel yuh, always good for ah laugh, dis site! LOL!

truetrini

« Reply #195 on: February 29, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »
so wait nah what is de correct way to spell pounds?

steups.

De man computer eh have dat shit currency on it..simple so he spell it out.

Maybe if he ahd said 45000 quid...dat would ah be better?

Dis jack ass with he high and mighty dicktion and he big time vokabuleery..trying to ridicule everyone.

But yesterday he went poping.

what is poping?  Bobbing for catholic priests?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
Nick Webster normally writes some good articles, and I thought this was a nice, well-written and objective piece on the whole Eduardo issue..

Horrific injuries: Just part of the game[/size]
by Nick Webster

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7866820/Horrific-injuries:-Just-part-of-the-game

It's been a rough seven days for Arsenal forward Eduardo and Birmingham City defender Martin Taylor.

The two men have taken a battering, one psychologically and the other physically. I sincerely hope that both men recover. They may not but they both know injuries are a part of the game.

By now, I'm sure you've all seen the horrific pictures of Eduardo's left leg after Taylor mistimed his challenge at St. Andrews back on February 23. Sights like that make one sick to the stomach and stay imprinted on one's mind for years.

Not surprisingly, the response from players, fans and the media has run the full range. From sympathy to outright disgust, both players have had their lives changed forever.

In the immediate aftermath, an emotional Arsene Wenger called for Taylor to be banned for life, saying: "People will say he (Taylor) is not the type of guy who does that. But it is like a guy who kills only once in his life. There is still a dead person."

Sensibly, he later retracted that comment but a seed was planted. Death threats have since been made to the Birmingham defender while irate Croatian journalists recently tried to visit him at the club's training facility.

In an interview with English newspaper The Independent later in the week, Taylor gave his view of the events, revealing: "All I remember was him going deep into midfield, turning and taking a touch. I felt he showed me enough of the ball to win it. In my head, I definitely thought I could get that ball. There was never any intention to hurt him. It is not in my mentality to be premeditated or hurt someone. I'm not even the type to be physical with an opponent to 'show him that I am there'. It was just a fact that I thought the ball was there to win and — as other people have said — Eduardo was too quick for me."

This final statement of "Eduardo was too quick from me" seems to have fired up many people. Their argument is that if Taylor knew Eduardo was too quick, hacking him to pieces was the one sure-fire way to slow him down.

However, Eduardo has taken a more thoughtful view on his misfortune, stating: "I see this as a risk in professional football. Sometimes you go up, sometimes you go down."

I can appreciate their comments, having been on both the giving and receiving ends myself.

Playing in the Los Angeles Municipal League eighteen years ago, my coach told me to mark a very talented forward. The instructions were simple: "Don't let him score".

In the opening minutes of the game, what I thought was a fifty-fifty ball was up for grabs. My opponent, like Eduardo, was too quick for me. Instead of playing the ball, I played his knee. The 'pop' was unmistakable. His anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) was torn. I'd gone in hard and aggressively — it looked from the sidelines like a terrible foul.

But it was a terribly 'mistimed' foul. There was absolutely no intent to injure the guy. I don't know what happened to this kid — it was part of the game.

Ten years prior to this match, I was a talented teenage midfielder in England. I was playing youth football for a local club but I showed enough promise that they wanted to see me play with men. I was picked to play with the second eleven. I remember the day like it was yesterday.

It was cold, overcast and drizzling at Hackney Marshes, otherwise known as the 'Mecca of football', as there are over 80 full-size pitches. I was played through by a teammate and attempted to chip the goalkeeper with the outside of my left foot while running diagonally right. The 'keeper came through hard and aggressively — he wasn't going to let a kid beat him. I didn't hear the snap but my captain later told me matches three fields away stopped playing. He said it sounded like a pistol shot.

I looked down at my left leg and didn't recognize it. Then the shock kicked in and I became a frightened, young boy in more pain than I'd ever known. My fibula and tibia were both broken. I never saw that goalkeeper again — it was part of the game.

I have no doubt in my mind that Birmingham manager Alex McLeish told his team to mix it up with Arsenal. "Don't give them time on the ball" he would have said. Wenger, on the other hand, would have told his players to test the Birmingham defenders early, saying something along the lines of: "Run at them and make them scared of you".

Ultimately, as bad as Taylor's challenge was and as horrific as Eduardo's injury is, it's still part of the game. The day you take the physical side of the game out of football is the day that football dies. You have to have the 'cloggers' because they are the guys who make the skilled players look great.

Boxer Ricky Hatton recently eloquently stated that his sport "ain't a tickling contest" after getting a beating from Floyd Mayweather. Football ain't a tickling contest either and hopefully it will never become one.

Until then, get the beers in ...

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2008, 01:10:18 AM »
I swear...for someone...truetrini...to attempt to defend a person for confusing the units for mass...for the units of currency is so sad I shed a tear knowing that TT is so hopeless  :'(......ok..i may not have said anything if small change had said 45000 pounds...but the guy said 45000 lbs.......where is the connection here??? i am not trying to ridicule ppl...its just impossible for small change to be talking about money...when he uses the units for mass...its a major mix up of terms....and the fearless TrueTrini is once again opening his mouth and making a fool of himself.....thats one major problem with Trinidad ppl....you would prefer to leave the guy in his ignorance...and really embarrassing himself with that post...other than trying to show him what is right.....small change....u didnt reply so im guessing u had no problem with my very short reply...."£45000 dear lad".....only the primitive mind of truetrini would try to provoke the truff over petty issues that doesnt even concern him......in any event...my friend small change..the correct term is pound/s sterling..or u can even say...quid... :beermug:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2008, 04:38:48 AM »
"De man computer eh have dat shit currency on it..simple so he spell it out."

shit currency ?? ha ha I quite happy with it you could keep your US and CA dollars and if you want a tip go on IG index and put a bet on the dollar to drop some more you will make some vex money !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2008, 05:29:10 AM »
Exchange Rates:-     

USD       GBP       CAD       EUR       AUD
1        1.985        1.01347    1.5195        0.940901 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:34:29 AM by forever trini »

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #200 on: March 04, 2008, 06:49:57 AM »
I swear...for someone...truetrini...to attempt to defend a person for confusing the units for mass...for the units of currency is so sad I shed a tear knowing that TT is so hopeless  :'(......ok..i may not have said anything if small change had said 45000 pounds...but the guy said 45000 lbs.......where is the connection here??? i am not trying to ridicule ppl...its just impossible for small change to be talking about money...when he uses the units for mass...its a major mix up of terms....and the fearless TrueTrini is once again opening his mouth and making a fool of himself.....thats one major problem with Trinidad ppl....you would prefer to leave the guy in his ignorance...and really embarrassing himself with that post...other than trying to show him what is right.....small change....u didnt reply so im guessing u had no problem with my very short reply...."£45000 dear lad".....only the primitive mind of truetrini would try to provoke the truff over petty issues that doesnt even concern him......in any event...my friend small change..the correct term is pound/s sterling..or u can even say...quid... :beermug:

and I suppose people who are totally devoid of ignorance refer to themselves in the third person.

yuh patrick manning son awa?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:58:01 AM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

giggsy11

« Reply #201 on: March 04, 2008, 07:05:00 AM »
The thread that never ends! Start of about one thing only to end up about people who refering to themselves in the third person. Rell soap opera oui! What next? By the way how Eduardo doing, after breaking his foot from a horrific tackle?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2008, 07:33:33 AM »
By the way how Eduardo doing, after breaking his foot from a horrific tackle?
I hear dat he so devastated, he talkin in de 4th person :devil:

and countries might/have switch to the Euro
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:02:33 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »
By the way how Eduardo doing, after breaking his foot from a horrific tackle?
I hear dat he so devastated, he talkin in de 4th person :devil:

and countries might/have switch to the Euro

Yuh talking ah whole load ah TRUFF dey. ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »

shit currency ?? ha ha I quite happy with it you could keep your US and CA dollars and if you want a tip go on IG index and put a bet on the dollar to drop some more you will make some vex money !

superoli, ometimes I really wonder about you.

so what if the pound is higher in value than the dollar?  Is that a good thing for the UK?

I can assure you it is not.  But then again, I have not the time nor energy to try and teach you anything about balance of trade and the detrimental effect a stronger pound has with regards to trading with the MIGHTY US of A.

But I am sure you have a little place for a google search...so go google and see what has already happened to the income of UK businesses that do business with the US and then check hw much money they have already lost.  Then check what has already happened to the Canadain economy because their dollar is so strong.

hahahahaha

shit currency yes.  And the standard of living in the US is MUCH higher than that in the UK...ask yuhself why.  Ask why it costs an arm and a leg for a tiny ass place in London when yuh could get 10 times the square footage in the US for the same price....great currency indeed.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »

superoli, ometimes I really wonder about you.

so what if the pound is higher in value than the dollar?  Is that a good thing for the UK?

I can assure you it is not.  But then again, I have not the time nor energy to try and teach you anything about balance of trade and the detrimental effect a stronger pound has with regards to trading with the MIGHTY US of A.

But I am sure you have a little place for a google search...so go google and see what has already happened to the income of UK businesses that do business with the US and then check hw much money they have already lost.  Then check what has already happened to the Canadain economy because their dollar is so strong.

hahahahaha

shit currency yes.  And the standard of living in the US is MUCH higher than that in the UK...ask yuhself why.  Ask why it costs an arm and a leg for a tiny ass place in London when yuh could get 10 times the square footage in the US for the same price....great currency indeed.

Yeah what you are saying is true.... but the most recent trend of dollar declines against the pound & the euro could be sending a signal to the market that foreign investment preferences are switching geographic boundaries, and that UK & Euro exports are becoming more competitive, both of which could serve to bolster their trade & payment balances (current & financial account) in comparison to the U.S.....True a "stonger" currency could make domestic goods more expensive and less competitive, but a strengthening currency sends a signal of increasing demand for thAT currency (either through foreign investment or derived demand- for the country's exports), which ain't a bad thing for the European territories, and it's a bit of a concern for FOREX investors who have heavy positions in the $US, that aren't sufficiently covered/hedged by forward contracts against strengthening currencies, and those who have long term business contracts that provide payment in $U.S...into the future..(otherwise, the latest downward dollar moves in the market would be of no concern to the investing public right?) ....I know that ain't revolutionary theory, and you already knew that..... just saying give de man a bligh nah, he eh talkin' as much shite as yuh give him credit for..... :beermug:

From Eduardo's broken foot to Foreign exchange theory......damn....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:52:34 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »
well fella all yopu saying have validity, but which nation in the world is going to align itself to the pound?

Besides the Asian countries including China has way too much money tied up in the US to switch alliegance to the Euro or any other currency in the future...not saying that it cannot or would not happen, but those nations have hundreds of billions tied up in legacy funds in the US stock market not to mention they have been holding huge loans from the US, and just recently in the sub prime madness here in the US they have invested and bailed out many a company.

Yuh feel dem go be mad enough to switch from de dollar now and jes throw away everything dat dey have.

Nice thesis, but highly impractical any time soon though

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
well fella all yopu saying have validity, but which nation in the world is going to align itself to the pound?

Besides the Asian countries including China has way too much money tied up in the US to switch alliegance to the Euro or any other currency in the future...not saying that it cannot or would not happen, but those nations have hundreds of billions tied up in legacy funds in the US stock market not to mention they have been holding huge loans from the US, and just recently in the sub prime madness here in the US they have invested and bailed out many a company.

Yuh feel dem go be mad enough to switch from de dollar now and jes throw away everything dat dey have.

Agreed..... just saying that a strengthening pound against the dollar ain't necessarily bad for the U.K. as you implied here:

so what if the pound is higher in value than the dollar? Is that a good thing for the UK? I can assure you it is not.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »

I have gained a new respect for you today TT... ;)

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »

I know me and TT have been in a feud for a while now...but this post is the truff....especially the pts about China and the sub prime market in the states right now...the latter being one of the reasons for the falling dollar...its true the GBP...and EURO...and even the CAD is higher than the dollar right now...but the dollar still remains as the most used currency in the World....followed by the Euro and GBP....and yes this post is amazing....Eduardo has really stirred the imagnation of us all....what will be the next sub topic....does Eduardo like his roti with or without peppa??... :beermug:

1]; } ?>