April 25, 2024, 07:32:43 PM

Author Topic: The Russell Latapy Story  (Read 7024 times)

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Russell Latapy Story
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 04:14:24 PM »
Latas accomplish somethings but he lacked discipline in his youth and as a professional. He could have accomplished so much more but he allowed a lifstyle that was not always conducive to him always being a professional. Just like Gazza did. Could have been so much more. So if you are going to praise him think about how much better he could have been and missed opportunities due to his undiscipline and unprofessional behaviors.  I doh care who vex wit meh. Just look at the big picture not what makes you fel good.
giggsy 11 success is also measured by what you overcame to get where you are today. We all know the story of latas younger days but can you truly say that he is not a great player or the greatest footballing talent that trinidad and Tobago has produced  who has puton that national team shirt I await your answer

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »
Latas accomplish somethings but he lacked discipline in his youth and as a professional. He could have accomplished so much more but he allowed a lifstyle that was not always conducive to him always being a professional. Just like Gazza did. Could have been so much more. So if you are going to praise him think about how much better he could have been and missed opportunities due to his undiscipline and unprofessional behaviors.  I doh care who vex wit meh. Just look at the big picture not what makes you fel good.
giggsy 11 success is also measured by what you overcame to get where you are today. We all know the story of latas younger days but can you truly say that he is not a great player or the greatest footballing talent that trinidad and Tobago has produced  who has puton that national team shirt I await your answer

Can't compare Latas to gazza at all.

Say what yuh want about his smoking and drinking but Latas is playing ball at age 39 plus.

That is phenomenal.

Gascoigne was realistically done at 30. After he get dropped from the 98 squasd he was nowhere even close to playing to his potential.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 05:08:22 PM »
Somewhey on this forum it have ah interview with Leonson Lewis...if I remember de quote correctly de man say "latas is ah beast,,he come to practice reekin ah rum and playin harder dan everybody else"

Clearly de babash did never cause  latas no harm...if anyting it preserve de man which is why he still winnin accolades at his age
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »
who among us would not have accomplish more if we were more disciplined. What seperate Latas from the rest of us he plays football I into H nuff . He like to drink I like to sleep.Nuff respeck to the general
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »

Depends on your definition of great. Great that he was able to play in Portugal and Scotland moving from team to team? He short changed his talent that more establish teams in better leagues did not take a chance on him because of his history. Latapy has god given talent but did he maxiamize it? Did he make the extra effort to build on that god given talent? Think Iverson. Play great on the field but lacks dedication off, result settle for a level below, but never will be a Jordan type player. My point is Latapy could have been more but he choose to go about it how he went about it. Someone is always willing to take a chnace on talent that is why he has been given many chances. I will never say he does not have talent or skills.  You talk about success is measured by what you overcome to get where you are today. All the shit he overcame was self inflicted! Success is also about hard work and dedication not just relying on your talents and skills.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 09:01:33 PM »
What ah way to start dis mornin, ah beg all who have de resources to geh ah latas clip together, all dat he has done on the field from 88 and before to now mus be compiled and archived, would be a treasure to any footballer, but especially younger ones comin up from TT, blessins

You could believe I get cuss for saying something to this effect ?

Serious dread?  I would do it mehself but doh have those archives or access to them, words cyar express how invaluable it would be. 

One last bit on dis man playin at 39 eh, ah recently met ah former teammate of his here in NY from his Port Moran days, dis man culd not stop talkin about how phenomenal he (Latas) was during his playing time in JA.  Me and de rest ah de fellas in de crew was jus enjoyin it and dere are so many other such stories I am sure from TT, JA, Portugal, Scotland etc etc, long live de magician man, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline keiththebairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Russell Latapy Story
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 09:29:42 AM »
Made this up for the Little Magician. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74zTbGDNn8o

truetrini

Not sure if this was already posted
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 09:02:36 AM »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if this was already posted
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »
always entertaining.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

truetrini

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
de man is ah real legend in trute!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »
check out the comments on the video.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »
Thank you Mr. Miller for producing this record of a T&T legend. :applause: :notworthy: :thumbsup: :wavetowel:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 08:47:03 PM »
Why dat link not playing when ah open it?

Offline THETRUFF

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »
Ill just like to add one thing...other than the obvious..whenever latas put on the red white and black...he always played to win.....his attitude for winning could never be doubted....I personally think we missed his presence at the world cup for the fist 2 games where Latas has the ability to change the game at any given moment..some ppl may argue that he doesnt defend well or isnt fit enough...tactically we didnt need him to defend...and we didnt need him for 90 mins...we needed him when we countered after absorbing all that pressure from playing deep....anyway its in the past now..and latas to me is world class ability...and a fighter

1]; } ?>