April 28, 2024, 08:08:53 PM

Author Topic: Take dat Hillary Clinton ...  (Read 77867 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Take dat Hillary Clinton ...
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »
Fool Me Thrice
It should be no surprise that the Clintons are playing the race card.
By Christopher Hitchens

Posted Monday, Jan. 28, 2008, at 11:59 AM ET

How can one equal Bill Clinton for thuggery and opportunism when it comes to the so-called "race card"? And where does one even start with the breathtaking nastiness of his own conduct, and that of his supporters, in the last week? Barack Obama carries South Carolina having made no sectarian appeal to any specific kind of voter, and the best Clinton can say is that this is no better than Jesse Jackson managed to do. Really? Did Jackson come south having already got himself elected the senator from Illinois? And, come to think of it, was Jackson so much to be despised and sneered at when he was needed as Clinton's "confessor," along with Billy Graham, during the squalor of impeachment?

This calculated willingness to shop on both sides of the street of racial politics was actually analyzed quite shrewdly by Dick Morris, the former consigliere of the gruesome twosome, in conversation with Sean Hannity last week. The Clintons, he thought, would be quite happy to lose big to the "black vote" in South Carolina. It would enable them to signal that they were the ones to stem the flow of the color tide. Morris' host protested that this seemed a touch cynical. Morris jovially assured him that he knew the people he was talking about.

As indeed he did. It was Hillary Clinton who insisted on recalling Morris to the embattled White House, notwithstanding his various disgraces and notwithstanding the fact that he had been the adviser and strategist for Jesse Helms of North Carolina. Why am I saying "notwithstanding"? It was because he had performed so well for Helms, including helping him with the famous "white hands" ad that showed a white man crumpling up a letter that told him of preference for "minorities" in hiring, that Morris was thought of by the then-first lady as such a guru.

I never quite understand how the Clintons' initial exploitation of racism was overlooked the first time around and has been airbrushed from the record since. After falling behind in the New Hampshire primary in 1992, and after being caught lying about the affair with Gennifer Flowers to which he later confessed under oath, Clinton left the campaign trail and flew home to Arkansas to give the maximum publicity to his decision to sign a death warrant for Ricky Ray Rector. Rector was a black inmate on death row who had shot himself in the head after committing a double murder and, instead of dying as a result, had achieved the same effect as a lobotomy would have done. He never understood the charge against him or the sentence. After being served his last meal, he left the pecan pie on the side of the tray, as he told the guards who came to take him to the execution chamber, "for later." Several police and prison-officer witnesses expressed extreme queasiness at this execution of a gravely impaired man, and the prison chaplain, Dennis Pigman, later resigned from the prison service. The whole dismal and cruel and pathetic story was told by Marshall Frady in a long essay in The New Yorker in 1993 and is also recounted in a chapter titled "Chameleon in Black and White" by your humble servant in his book No One Left To Lie To. For now, I just ask you to imagine what would have been said if a Republican governor, falling in the polls, had gone out of his way to execute a mentally incompetent African-American prisoner.

Or leaf back, if you will, to the New York Times of March 23, 1992, and the jolly headline, "Club Where Clinton Has Golfed Retains Ways of Old South." Yes indeedy, the Country Club of Little Rock had 500 members, all of them white, and the aspirant candidate had himself photographed there more than once until Jerry Brown made an issue of it. It was then announced by Clinton's people that "the staff and facilities" at the club were "integrated"—a pretty way of stating that the toilets were cleaned by black Arkansans. Yet all this was forgiven by credulous liberals who were sure that they had discovered a New Democrat who was a Southerner to boot.

Many of these same people do not like it now that they see similar two-faced tactics being employed against "one of their own." Well, tough. And many of the most prominent and eloquent black columnists—Bob Herbert, Colbert King, Eugene Robinson—are also acting shocked. It's a bit late. I have to say that Bob Herbert shocked even me by quoting Andrew Young, who said that his pal Clinton was "every bit as black as Barack" because he'd screwed more black chicks. How is Hillary Clinton, or Chelsea Clinton, supposed to feel on hearing that little endorsement? One gets the impression, though, at least from the wife, that anything is OK as long as it works, or even has a chance of working. When Toni Morrison described Clinton as "black" on the basis of his promiscuity and dysfunction and uncertainty about his parentage, she did more than cater to the white racist impression of the African-American male. She tapped into the sort of self-hatred that is evidently more common than we might choose to think. Say what you will about Sen. Obama (and I say that he's got much more charisma than guts), he is miles above this sort of squalor and has decent manners. Say what you will about the Clintons, you cannot acquit them of having played the race card several times in both directions and of having done so in the most vulgar and unscrupulous fashion. Anyone who thinks that this equals "change" is a fool, and an easily fooled fool at that.

I can close my eyes and find Exhibits A thru Z anywhere ... Fire bun the Clintons.

I'm going to kick back and cool with some Burning Spear meantime in between time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:50:32 PM by asylumseeker »

truetrini

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »
and just where have you found my acceptance of the Clinton's brand of politics?  I merely equated the politics to that of your boy Bushie!

Now why are you so intent on attempting to put words in my mout fella?

and as for my politics they are widely known as I am not ashamed of my Liberal leanings...I freely and openly espouse them!

You?  seems like you sway back and forth by any and every far right foul wind dat dares to blow its putrid doctrine!

If I rush to point out the mis-deeds of Jack and panday it is becasue I have a vested interest in the land of my birth (Is Trinidad I born, is Trinidad I come from!)

You take a perverse, if not sneaky pleasure in decrying the Democratic front runner, instead hoping that we (yes we dems.) nominate an inexperienced candidate fuh allyuh tuh trounce...but it eh happening, if is Obama or if is Hillary, when the lines are drawn, and the bugle sounds, we deposing allyuh damn republicans, and that sir, is a fact thaT YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!

Your pretense at endorsing Obama has not fooled me one bit!   You may not be able to vote here, but your laning and sympathies are easily discernible to anyone with the ability to decipher your Conseravitive tripe!

I do not attack Obama, I have never done so, why should I decry Hillary, we all on the same team.

Myam dat! (to borrow ah jakan colloquial)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:02:55 PM by truetrini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
Is a perception jed b/c I have not seen an outright condemnation from you. Seems to me this is not an issue to sit on yuh hands.

What i have read from you is that as long as a Dem win you good ... but that cyah be enough right now ...

truetrini

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »
Is a perception jed b/c I have not seen an outright condemnation from you. Seems to me this is not an issue to sit on yuh hands.

What i have read from you is that as long as a Dem win you good ... but that cyah be enough right now ...

first of all, jed, is not my name, and if yuh mean dread, den please, say so.  DAMNIT!!   :devil:

Yes As long as  a Dem wins den I am happy.  You have not seen any condemnation from me, becasue I choose not to utter any!

I save my vitriol for those more deserving like BUSH and his supporters!  And Jack and Panday!

get my drift?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2008, 08:09:46 PM »

first of all, jed, is not my name, and if yuh mean dread, den please, say so.  DAMNIT!!   :devil:

Yes As long as  a Dem wins den I am happy.  You have not seen any condemnation from me, becasue I choose not to utter any!

I save my vitriol for those more deserving like BUSH and his supporters!  And Jack and Panday!

get my drift?

tt, you a libertarian? ???

truetrini

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »

get my drift?

I is ah vaginarian

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2008, 12:31:38 AM »
Ah see yuh add a lil bit to the post since my initial response ... leh meh take a read ... yes yuh have me cracking up jed dread ... is this one like the chomping champing the bit peeves? On this forum you'll be busier than the metaphorical long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs ... is a good thing ah eh mis-key and type Jeb, yuh would dead in here :rotfl: :rotfl: in a preview of what's to come.

Your pretense at endorsing Obama has not fooled me one bit!   You may not be able to vote here, but your laning and sympathies are easily discernible to anyone with the ability to decipher your Conseravitive tripe!

To bun vampire yuh hadda have vampire. Conspiracy theorist! It's a pity your efforts are for naught. I defy dem kinda labels ... my last 3 posts show wha I dealing wid and that eh up for compromise by left or right. Take that to the bank, come bullets or tear gas. Straight talk, no preservatives.

No judicious reading of my comments could lead to a proper conclusion that I am rightist. All yuh doing is swinging wid 'Bushie boy' ... I would survive the litmus test. Buh we done know dahis yuh tactic and yuh sticking wid it ... so roll de tassa roll it, roll it. Somebody else here may be seduced by the soundtrack at the expense of the lyrics. Nyam dat ... no translation needed. :rotfl:

Yuh still have the gumption to be calling Hillary de frontrunner? Steups. Infinitesimally so if she is. I believe in choosing between good apples and bad apples. Your approach invests too much time in cutting out the rotten parts of bad apples before consuming the good parts. Hillary Clinton is a rotten apple.

I await your response.  I'm sure it will involve comparing apples and oranges.

truetrini

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
Yuh know what, yuh ever go be ah dentist fuh ah tooth ache?

If yes, when yuh dey do they extract de tooth staright away or do dey excise de rot, fill it and send yuh home with ah tooth athat is as good as new?  maybe your dentist does jes pull out de toothand send yuh home with ah gap in yuh grill?

ahhhhhhhh

see I see the good and the bad and I make decisions...not like allyuh rightist.......just pull it out, it rottten dne when is allyuh allyuh begging fuh filling.

Besides ah was wondering why ah rightist so engrossed with we liberals and we nomination process, nuless yuh afraid...especially when de same rightist cyar vote?

de tassa rolling.

and yes......it is ah little pet peeve and ah damn glad yuh eh type JEB..dat woulda be bad.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2008, 09:03:32 AM »

get my drift?

I is ah vaginarian

;D juss like clinton self.

truetrini

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »
lol   

Thanks!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2008, 12:55:53 PM »
Aight. Point taken. Hillary is a cavity. LOL

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »
Wha nex? Geddes Granger and Makandal Daaga are cousins?

How about those Kenyans? Serious strife in de world and yuh defending Hillary?

truetrini

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2008, 01:20:33 PM »
Wha nex? Geddes Granger and Makandal Daaga are cousins?

How about those Kenyans? Serious strife in de world and yuh defending Hillary?

yuh ever see me defending Hillary?

I was defending the left from you!  Yuh right winger.

I was merely pointing out the fact that you attack hillary with impunity and yuh eh say peep about Bush.

and what about dem damn Kenyans?  Why yuh eh ask Bush tuh land some troops dey and solve de impasse?

why yuh on hillary ass so much if yuh want tuh worry about Kenya?

Call up yuh fren dubya and ask him to sort it out.  or maybe a well placed word in the ear of say...Bill O;Reilly?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2008, 01:57:42 PM »
So lemme ask, who on the Trini scene right yuh despise? Seems to me without a politics of polarities or a politics of commess your role is what? Obsolete?

truetrini

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »
So lemme ask, who on the Trini scene right yuh despise? Seems to me without a politics of polarities or a politics of commess your role is what? Obsolete?

Yuh either too fast or yuh looking fuh ting.

If yuh eh know who me eh like den yuh need to pull yuh head out yuh behind and fast too.  :)

Yuh know why I like yuh?  yuh bright, I hate dunce, so doh start to pretend nah

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
Excellent. It's settled. It's a done deal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:39 PM »
Buh wha de asterisk and obelisk ...  at the risk of disturbing Vesuvius ...

Mr. TT, good night sir! (as I tip imaginary tophat deferentially) ... if indeed charity begins at home, I would have thought you would use this forum to make relevant pronouncements of interest - especially in light of certain recent, energetic public discussions before the parliament of warriors. However, apparently you've found the Jamaican press club more accomodating to interest. I am competitively in both shock and awe because it was only earlier today that you were waving the flag of our esteemed nation with pride.

It has been brought to my attention that you've taken advantage of the early voting gifts of the Commonwealth of Virginia to pursue casting a timely ballot.

This, in and of itself, is not particularly noteworthy. However, what I find captivating - having been clued in to your activities of January 29, 2008 is that - despite your aversion to religion with which we are here familiar, you strangely have been baptised on the foreign soil of the aforementioned press club as not merely an Obama supporter, but most honourably as an Obama voter. I wish you had shared your epiphany among the soca courtesans and compatriots rather than the heathenous lot on the other side. 

Fellow warriors, join me in extending the keys to Obamaland to truetrini. :applause: :applause:

No pillars of salt for you. Sodom and Gomorrah mash up.

:rotfl: Welcome aboard.

Finally, I would like to thank my informant for bringing the circumstance to light. :wavetowel: We shall acquiesce in your request for an appropriate security detail.

truetrini

« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »
Yuh know what...lol

muhahahahahahahaha

I vote in Florida fella, not Virginia

And as for you and yuh informer..Kiss my ass. :devil:  imagine two personalities..one seetta lips...oh gorm boy.

There was no epiphany, show me where i said that I disliked Obama, or would not vote for him?

I would admit it was a hard task but I voted along racial lines...nuff said!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:28:38 PM by truetrini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2008, 10:39:37 PM »
My intelligence gathering is like that of your commander-in-chief ... spotty, except I obviously get better bang for the buck ...

Ah going and save dis for the next general elections in T&T ;D

Wha yuh reason? Obama now, Hillary in November? appease the multiple personality problem ... ah love it!

truetrini

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »
My intelligence gathering is like that of your commander-in-chief ... spotty, except I obviously get better bang for the buck ...

Ah going and save dis for the next general elections in T&T ;D

Wha yuh reason? Obama now, Hillary in November? appease the multiple personality problem ... ah love it!

Obama or Hillary, anyone gets my vote come November...I have ALWAYS maintained that.

Your attempts at putting me down come like when Jack talking...stuttering!

Keep trying, better cock dan you crow...did I tell yuh I like Chicken pelau?

Yuh could keep de racila lines until time end.....there is a different construct here in the US and you know it, but then....dat is how yuh choose tuh roll!

ah notice yuh eh counter meh claim that yuh lie when yuh say dat Hillary campaign in florida...why?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2008, 11:37:55 PM »
yuh misunderstand me. assuming obama does not get the nomination nod, yuh can still say yuh support him in the primary ...

ah notice yuh eh counter meh claim that yuh lie when yuh say dat Hillary campaign in florida...why?

dah was FF baby ... ah left the details to him ... he has responded rather well ... take it up with him ... my plate full ... :)

now that yuh have de key to de city .... we good ...

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »
Looks like Edwards dropping out... what does that mean for the race?

???
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:29 AM »

???
who is he throwing his support behind?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:22 AM »

???
who is he throwing his support behind?

looks like no one. he playing to roll up behind the eventual winner.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2008, 11:21:48 AM »
giuliani is a real pantsload. he have the 2nd most campaign contributions for republicans. instead of use that money to campaign in the smaller states, he "campaigning" in florida from the start. i mean if old man mccain humping it over these smaller states, giuliani have no excuse. he must be looking for wife #4 - instead he placing 3rd (more like turd) in the florida vote. imagine if obama run such a dotish campaign. steups.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
giuliani is a real pantsload. he have the 2nd most campaign contributions for republicans. instead of use that money to campaign in the smaller states, he "campaigning" in florida from the start. i mean if old man mccain humping it over these smaller states, giuliani have no excuse. he must be looking for wife #4 - instead he placing 3rd (more like turd) in the florida vote. imagine if obama run such a dotish campaign. steups.

it good... he is ah laughing hyena

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 11:26:20 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
What allyuh think about the Debate last night. I thought it was real balanced. Both of them sound real good. Obama sound like he better on foreign policy though.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
What allyuh think about the Debate last night. I thought it was real balanced. Both of them sound real good. Obama sound like he better on foreign policy though.
yes it was extremely cordial with jokes thrown in for good measure.
I find that either candidate would do very well if elected
my only burr is that i doh want another Clinton in the White house....

in responce to Barack's foreign policy, could I quote the following: "Barack Obama answered that call not to lead from a pinnacle of fear, but to build on the great legacies of our forbearers-where they lead from a compass of strength, hope and optimism. It is in line with this tradition that the beloved late John F. Kennedy famous said, "Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.""
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/326617/a_foreign_policy_comparison_of_barack.html
negotiating with the enemy goes against the ingrained "shoot em up" attitude of most Americans who seem to me to prefer WAR than to negotiating.
Take for instance when they deal with say a hostage situation in America, the most common outcome seems to me to be "Lets shoot first and talk later"
maybe i am fooled by hollywood, but it seems so to me.
some would argue differently, I guess

I for one would hope that with his election WIN that it ushers in a NEW era in dealing with unsavory leaders around the world.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 03:50:09 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »
You know the attitude of most Americans?

Most Americans never want war fella.  But when shooting starts, most Americans want their troops to come home alive!....however that occurs..if that means shoot them up, then so be it!

The real troublw with america these days is too much religious interference in the politics...not enough separation of church and state!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2008, 02:32:01 PM »

Not following everything allyuh saying but what is the spin on Clinton voting for the war?

I not so sure Iraq would be the most important topic come next year but it might get the most attention.

What dey need now...ah workable exit plan?  With the $$ i lose in the stock market game I eh feel bad atall with the $$ them lose in that investment.....a blackhole of money oui.

1]; } ?>