March 28, 2024, 11:01:04 PM

Author Topic: Rangers put hope in youths  (Read 957 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rangers put hope in youths
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:31:11 AM »
Rangers put hope in youths        

Friday, 29 February 2008 
 By Randy Bando...
TT PRO LEAGUE ONLINE
St Ann’s Rangers, formally known as Superstar Rangers are leaving it up to their youngsters to do a better job in 2008 following their disappointing seventh position finish in the League and their best on the knockout stage being the Courts Pro Bowl final position last season.

Club Chairman Richard Fakoory in a recent interview with ‘ttproleague.com’ said that his club is committed to younger players to get the job done in 2008.

Rangers are currently equipped with nine players from last season, all serving out one year contracts this season.

These players are Coneal Thomas, Christian Thomas, Shem mc Farlane, Josimar Belgrave, Elijah Belgrave, Abiola Clarence, Marvin James, and Michael Brown.

Following last season’s failure to make the final six ‘Lucozade Sport Big Six’, at the time head coach, Anthony Streete made the statement, “Our senior players didn’t do it for us this season (2007) and its best that we put our faith in the younger players to get results.”

Streete assured that his 2008 squad will be built with a foundation of young players who performed in 2007.

In 2008, Streete is relegated as assistant coach to new head coach Dion La Foucade but the same rules applies. The squad’s backbone will be built on youth.

Rangers are expected to make their final cut early next week following weeks of open sessions.

Expected to make it into the final cut is Leslie Fitzpatrick formally of W Connection. The former A League player has been training with St Ann’s Rangers throughout their pre-season and could be part of the St Ann's based club.

Also expected to make a return in 2008 are Jamaican goalkeeper Shane Mattis and Colombian defender Milton Gomez. Mattis is currently in Jamaica and is expected to return to the club next week, while Gomez has shown interest of returning to the club that suspended his contract last season for breach of contract. Gomez is at home in Colombia. He represented W Connection last while suspended from Rangers.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rangers put hope in youths
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »
Josimar Belgrave confident in Rangers       

Friday, 29 February 2008 
 By Randy Bando...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lot will be expected out of Josimar Belgrave in 2008 by St Ann’s Rangers when the League kicks off in April as thier rising talent in offence.

Just as Rangers will surely be confident of the 21 year old Belgrave, he is confident of his club having a great season in 2008.

“Great things will come from Rangers this season,” said the striker following his practice session with Rangers on Thursday.

“Although we have a new coach(Dion La Foucade) together with the old one(Anthony Streete), we already have a bond going and it’s just to get the new players together with one mind focused on bringing home some silverware this season,” he said.

In 2007, Belgrave finished the League with nine goals to his name. In all competitions he had a 13 goals tally.

Rangers finished last season in a disappointing seventh position and Belgrave admits to a poor performance by his team.

“We started off good, but in between we suffered a bit off the field. We also lost a couple key players (Errol Mc Falane, Kerwyn Jemmott and Milton Gomez). But I don’t think that we can blame our performance on the loss of those players. We as players are not bigger than the game and it was for the rest of the team to perform. Players will come, players will go, the game still goes on,” said the St Ann’s Rangers forward.

Josimar Belgrave 

Confident of his club and teammates in 2008, Belgrave said, “We might have young players in age but we are experienced enough. We are also expecting a couple seasoned players to come into the team and bring more experience to the rest of guys. I myself could lend my support and help the less experienced guys.”

“We have players like Todd Ryan, Devon Modeste and some younger ones who are here with the club and together we can bring glory to our club.”

Commenting on his new head coach, the Rangers forward said, “He is ok. He is new to this level and has asked for our support and we are willing to work with him.”

Belgrave is now committed at improving what he does best. “I want to convert more of my chances. Last season the opportunities came for me but I didn’t put them all away. So this season I want to improve on my scoring and help my team win silverware,” ended Belgrave.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rangers put hope in youths
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:52:48 PM »
Josimar Belgrave confident in Rangers       

Friday, 29 February 2008 
 By Randy Bando...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lot will be expected out of Josimar Belgrave in 2008 by St Ann’s Rangers when the League kicks off in April as thier rising talent in offence.

Just as Rangers will surely be confident of the 21 year old Belgrave, he is confident of his club having a great season in 2008.

“Great things will come from Rangers this season,” said the striker following his practice session with Rangers on Thursday.

“Although we have a new coach(Dion La Foucade) together with the old one(Anthony Streete), we already have a bond going and it’s just to get the new players together with one mind focused on bringing home some silverware this season,” he said.

In 2007, Belgrave finished the League with nine goals to his name. In all competitions he had a 13 goals tally.

Rangers finished last season in a disappointing seventh position and Belgrave admits to a poor performance by his team.

“We started off good, but in between we suffered a bit off the field. We also lost a couple key players (Errol Mc Falane, Kerwyn Jemmott and Milton Gomez). But I don’t think that we can blame our performance on the loss of those players. We as players are not bigger than the game and it was for the rest of the team to perform. Players will come, players will go, the game still goes on,” said the St Ann’s Rangers forward.

Josimar Belgrave 

Confident of his club and teammates in 2008, Belgrave said, “We might have young players in age but we are experienced enough. We are also expecting a couple seasoned players to come into the team and bring more experience to the rest of guys. I myself could lend my support and help the less experienced guys.”

“We have players like Todd Ryan, Devon Modeste and some younger ones who are here with the club and together we can bring glory to our club.”

Commenting on his new head coach, the Rangers forward said, “He is ok. He is new to this level and has asked for our support and we are willing to work with him.”

Belgrave is now committed at improving what he does best. “I want to convert more of my chances. Last season the opportunities came for me but I didn’t put them all away. So this season I want to improve on my scoring and help my team win silverware,” ended Belgrave.

Certainly not a great endorsement for the new coach

1]; } ?>