April 29, 2024, 07:20:55 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland's Miller Transfer Listed  (Read 2303 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Sunderland's Miller Transfer Listed
« on: February 27, 2008, 07:37:32 AM »

Bit of a shock as he has been one of the better players.

Something must of went off either he has said something or done something, as most will know there would be a few others on the list before him if it was for football reason.  It maybe he doesn't want to sign a new contract and only has a year or so left, but the timing is odd if that was the reason.

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14288

Sunderland AFC have announced that Liam Miller has been put on the club's transfer list.

The Irish midfielder has been told he can look for a new club.

Transfer regulations mean the player is only available for an 'emergency' loan move to a Football League club during this season.

A permanent transfer is not permitted until after the season, in May when the transfer window reopens.

Miller joins Ross Wallace, David Connolly, Ian Harte, Stephen Wright, Graham Kavanagh (currently on loan to Sheffield Wednesday), Greg Halford (currently on loan to Charlton) and Stanislav Varga (currently on loan to Burnley) on the Sunderland transfer list.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland's Miller Transfer Listed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 08:43:31 AM »
strange
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »
That have to be some kinda personal falling out or something. It definitely ain't based on talent or performance. One of the few bright spots in their midfield.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 04:14:05 AM »

Well theres the reason

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Ruthless-Keane-explains-Miller-axe.3825182.jp
Ruthless Keane explains Miller axe
[/color][/size]

Liam Miller has been transfer-listed for his poor time-keeping, Sunderland boss Roy Keane confirmed today.
The 27-year-old midfielder had been repeatedly warned that he had to be in for training on time and yesterday the manager drew a line in the sand when he said that one of his most talented players could leave the club.

Keane (right) explained: "We made our position clear with Liam. It's one thing that I've spoken to players about on many occasions and Liam in particular – and that's to do with time keeping.

"It's got nothing to do with talent but I've said if you want to be a top footballer you need a lot more than talent.

"And you certainly have to be in on time for training.

"Liam has been late on a regular basis and I've got to be fair to everyone at the club – to his team-mates, to the staff and to our supporters.

"If a player can't be on time, then they don't have a future at the club."

Although the Republic of Ireland midfielder is available to go out on emergency loan to lower league clubs, Keane has refused to shut the door on a player who he watched last night in the reserves game and who he regarded as possibly the best player on view.

But it is obvious that Miller now has a long way to come back from.

Keane said: "Players at this club will always get a chance and while they are a part of this club they will always be considered. If Liam wants to catch himself on, that's up to him.

"But I have to look at the bigger picture and that's the overall welfare of Sunderland Football Club. I s
et high standards but that's what this club needs."

While Miller, who scored a last-minute winner against Derby County last season, is unlikely to come into contention for this weekend's game against the Rams, former Derby centre-half Danny Higginbottom could well play a part.

Higginbottom played over an hour for the reserves on his comeback from a broken toe injury and Keane said: "Danny could come into it.

Obviously we have Danny Collins suspended because of five bookings and Danny Higginbottom has played left back before.

"We've got him and there's also Ian Harte to consider in that position but we'll see nearer the time."

Kieran Richardson was not involved in the reserves last night but he has been in full training and might also come into contention for the game.

Dwight Yorke is not suspended as previously reported. He has accumulated four bookings and not five.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 06:02:19 AM »
Thank God Keano is not TnT coach...  ;D ad doh know what he would have done with players arriving on Caribbean time...  :devil:

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 10:15:36 AM »
Thank God Keano is not TnT coach...  ;D ad doh know what he would have done with players arriving on Caribbean time...  :devil:

if keano was TNT coach i think it would be good cuz he would kick TTFF a$$ all over de place.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »
It is sad for Miller doh, as it was mentioned before, he is actually one of de better talents on dat Sunderland team. It is just dat some people just don't play when it come to attendance. It remind me of my boss (Italian) at the airport, he is a very nice down to earth and laid back gentleman, but yuh see attendance, he will send yuh packing in ah heart beat. Tuh back up dat statement, de first week in dis month, de man just terminate ah Latin bredda wid 16 years experience as an aircraft mechanic. It look like de guy had personal problems, he kept it to himself and didn't ask the appropriate department for help. He started tuh call sick and show up late for his scheduled shifts. Dey gave him a written warning or written warnings, he came tuh wuk one day, next thing he in de office and is termination paper yes :o  :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:38:48 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
It is sad for Miller doh, as it was mentioned before, he is actually one of de better talents on dat Sunderland team. It is just dat some people just don't play when it come to attendance. It remind me of my boss (Italian) at the airport, he is a very nice down to earth and laid back gentleman, but yuh see attendance, he will send yuh packing in ah heart beat. Tuh back up dat statement, de first week in dis month, de man just terminate ah Latin bredda wid 16 years experience as an aircraft mechanic. It look like de guy had personal problems, he kept it to himself and didn't ask the appropriate department for help. He started tuh call sick and show up late for his scheduled shifts. Dey gave him a written warning or written warnings, he came tuh wuk one day, next thing he in de office and is termination paper yes :o  :(. HIGHLY BLESSED.

I feel yuh Supa. When ah first start wukking in college, meh boss say, in america they real strict on tardiness, Habitual lateness yuh go get fired, thank God I does now mainly wuk from home... ;D

All in all Keano has to be a leader at Sunlun and he do stand for dem thing!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 10:51:22 AM by forever trini »

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Millers Agent has a Dig
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:22:59 AM »
I think he might of been better served keeping quiet, after all how hard can it be to get to work for 10.30

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Miller39s-agent-hits-back-at.3830999.jp

Miller's agent hits back at Keane
[/color][/size]

Liam Miller's agent has leapt to the defence of a player transfer-listed by Roy Keane this week for his poor time-keeping.
Sunderland said they would listen to offers for the Republic of Ireland midfielder after his exasperated manager lost patience with his frequent lateness.

But the player's agent, Eamon McLoughlin, feels the 27-year-old has been harshly dealt with and Miller's explanations have been reasonable.

"Wednesday's decision by the club is very disappointing," McLoughlin said.

"We accept that Liam was late three times in the past week but on two of those occasions the situation was out of his control. One of these was a well-publicised accident on the A19. ???

"The implication is that Liam is indisciplined and not fully committed to his job at Sunderland and while I do not want to start a public row with the manager, I can't let that pass. Liam is not unprofessional and I think people who know him know that.

"In 18 months at the club Liam has been late seven times in total, but most are by a matter of minutes. The worst case was half an hour last season."

McLoughlin says Miller would like to stay on Wearside.

He said: "Liam is not casual in his approach to his profession and for the sake of his career we need people to know that, at Sunderland and elsewhere. We have to accept the manager's decision but Liam's disappointed, not least because it damages his reputation in the
eyes of fans at Sunderland and beyond.

"If the punishment fitted the crime Liam could accept this more easily, but Liam doesn't think it does. He'd still love to play for Sunderland but that is obviously not his decision to make."

Keane pulled no punches yesterday when he revealed why the player had been transfer-listed but one of the things he made make clear was that it was business, not personal.

He said: "It has nothing to do with Liam as a player or as a lad.

"In any walk of life you have to be on time for training.

"If he is late once or twice, three or four times maybe well and good, but when it is five, six or seven times then you have to draw the line.
"We had incidents last year, where players were late for the bus, and you move on.

"But if you are driving to work, don't get in the car with Liam Miller because he has more car crashes than anyone I know." :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Millers Agent has a Dig
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
so he agent bigging him up for being Tardy?

Nice one Starsky :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 11:34:17 AM »
Keane is overreacting...you don't cut off your nose to spite your face.  Fine his ass, make him ride pine or whatever (provided that the current agreement with the players association allows for such fines).  Loaning him out seems unnecessarily harsh and reactionary...but then again if it wasn't then it wouldn't be Roy Keane, now would it.  Lol

Good post Kev

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
I think that Keane had made it known very early that this type of behaviour would not be tolerated and he barred two players from boarding a bus for a game when they came late.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 12:39:02 PM »
Keane is overreacting...you don't cut off your nose to spite your face.  Fine his ass, make him ride pine or whatever (provided that the current agreement with the players association allows for such fines).  Loaning him out seems unnecessarily harsh and reactionary...but then again if it wasn't then it wouldn't be Roy Keane, now would it.  Lol

Good post Kev

Problem is he has already been fined a few times(obviously not worked), RK hates lateness players being what he views as "unprofessional" and "disrespectful".  He is also one of the seniors in the squad.  RK is very consistent on this, he left 3 players out of the team last year, who were all regulars because they were late for the bus. 

He has also said its up to the player to get himself off the transfer list if he wants to.  I would say 99% of fans agree with RK on this one, just another instance of players thinking they can do anything they want without any consequences.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 12:54:13 PM »

Good post Kev

Problem is he has already been fined a few times(obviously not worked), RK hates lateness players being what he views as "unprofessional" and "disrespectful".  He is also one of the seniors in the squad.  RK is very consistent on this, he left 3 players out of the team last year, who were all regulars because they were late for the bus. 

He has also said its up to the player to get himself off the transfer list if he wants to.  I would say 99% of fans agree with RK on this one, just another instance of players thinking they can do anything they want without any consequences.

I personally don't see this as some huge disciplinary issue, and blame clearly lies with Miller.  However if Keane thinks Sunderland can push on without Miller then more power to him...the evidence suggests otherwise.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »
The evidence suggests otherwise? I confused. U saying that it have evidence that Liam Miller has  is an integral, irreplaceable part of the Sunderland midfield and they can't push on without him?

This is because they have somehow 'pushed on' thus far with him in the lineup? Explan the evidence when u get a chance, nah
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »
The evidence suggests otherwise? I confused. U saying that it have evidence that Liam Miller has  is an integral, irreplaceable part of the Sunderland midfield and they can't push on without him?

This is because they have somehow 'pushed on' thus far with him in the lineup? Explan the evidence when u get a chance, nah

Not sure where you got that inference.  If I tell you that Sunderland can't win a title without KJ, does that mean that they've already won one with him??  The 'evidence' suggests that Sunderland can't push on without him.  Evidence might be too strong a word, but Miller has been one of the few brighter spots for Sunderland this season...he has provided the type of grit and hustle that doesn't necessarily show up on the stat sheet adn many of his team mates would do well to copy that from him.  He hasn't pushed them to any spectacular level but he's been key in helping them stay afloat in the premiership this season.  I really don't think it's all that confusing.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 02:26:10 PM by Bake n Shark »

1]; } ?>