April 30, 2024, 02:50:35 AM

Author Topic: No More Concerts and Fete in National stadium  (Read 6147 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: No more use of the stadium for fetes
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
I've always maintained that stadia across the world have been used for non sporting activities including concerts, the difference is that the surface is properly protected and i don't mean that plastic mat that they usually lay over the grass and track, i am talking about a raised flooring similar to what is used in computer labs. I remember touring the ajax stadium and a concert was held the night before and they were removing the floor. The grass remained undisturbed under the floor.

But in absence of that ability to properly preserve the best option at this time is to ban the events to protect the investment of the pitch and track.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
lets revisit this 2 Saturdays b4 Carnival when Machel thanking d govern ment ment ment again

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
:rotfl: Anil is a rel c**t , i guess he learn the hard way, even though people tell him don't do it .

ENT ANIL FETE NICE FOR THE STADIUM ENT?. idiot
       Take it easy Breds,fetes,concerts and various shows have been the norm at the HCS before Anil became sports minister so i don't see what's the big issue,he did not start the Fete thing.

It was stopped! with the last Government. He started it back even doh people told him not too . Why you think they stopped fetes from happening in the stadium? The track was good before carnival.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:34:02 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »
:rotfl: Anil is a rel c**t , i guess he learn the hard way, even though people tell him don't do it .

ENT ANIL FETE NICE FOR THE STADIUM ENT?. idiot
       Take it easy Breds,fetes,concerts and various shows have been the norm at the HCS before Anil became sports minister so i don't see what's the big issue,he did not start the Fete thing.

It was stopped! with the last Government. He started it back even doh people told him not too . Why you think they stopped fetes from happening in the stadium? The track was good before carnival.
      :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
I've always maintained that stadia across the world have been used for non sporting activities including concerts, the difference is that the surface is properly protected and i don't mean that plastic mat that they usually lay over the grass and track, i am talking about a raised flooring similar to what is used in computer labs.

Spot on... it's a very effective way of having the stadium pay for itself when not being used for sporting events.  But, in the interests of grandiose and definitive proclamations we prefer to throw out the baby with the bath water rather than explore feasible solutions to what is in reality a mundane problem.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2011, 04:59:34 PM »
I've always maintained that stadia across the world have been used for non sporting activities including concerts, the difference is that the surface is properly protected and i don't mean that plastic mat that they usually lay over the grass and track, i am talking about a raised flooring similar to what is used in computer labs.

Spot on... it's a very effective way of having the stadium pay for itself when not being used for sporting events.  But, in the interests of grandiose and definitive proclamations we prefer to throw out the baby with the bath water rather than explore feasible solutions to what is in reality a mundane problem.

I agree with allyuh. There is so much info available. But I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 08:08:16 AM »
This will change soon, trust me.

Trinis love to party and there is no place bigger to host any concerts to help maintain the HCS.

Errol Ashby is all talk, I am sure Anil will deal with him well.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2011, 09:10:22 AM »
You could have fete in the stadium but how about leaving the people in the stands that is where they supposed to be.

Buy your ticket and take your seat and watch the show.

who say you need to be able to walk around the field for a fete.

Sit down in your seat and keep your backside quiet.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
You could have fete in the stadium but how about leaving the people in the stands that is where they supposed to be.

Buy your ticket and take your seat and watch the show.

who say you need to be able to walk around the field for a fete

Sit down in your seat and keep your backside quiet.

I know you like chain up talk..but i will still answer

How many Trinis you know will go to fete and just take seat and not walk around ? Its not part of de fete culture to just sit down and be relaxed . yuh should know this

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
lets revisit this 2 Saturdays b4 Carnival when Machel thanking d govern ment ment ment again

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

allyuh rel facking idle yes ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
Well with the new performance arts center, there should be fewer concerts at the HCS anyway
Hart for president

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 12:08:56 PM »
Well with the new performance arts center, there should be fewer concerts at the HCS anyway

Is the new performance arts centre now fully complete?
And if so has there already been any shows there or when is the 1st show/fete scheduled to take place there?
And also what's the capacity of the new performance arts centre?
Anyone?

At any rate this is good news!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:12:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »

The NAPA cannot be used for big and super carnival fetes.To small and them wild thing go mash up the nice fluffy seats.  NAPA is like The Met in NY or the Kennedy Center in DC. For Tuxedos and long gowns kind of thing. The Carnival Center which should have been build instead of NAPA would have served the purposes of Beyonce and Machel and all the other "get on bad" fetes. So HCS will still be on the bubble as long as that Carnival center is not built. Carnival is one of the MOST important festival in TT, Patos missed the opportunity to fulffull the building of this important venue. THe PP gov't know that it should be built, but they only kicksing around. Come carnival time they go give one of their financier contractors to rebuild the NS(just like PNM) and then break it down and then use HCS for Lady Gagga or Machel or some big name Bollywood mega star.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:59:23 PM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Hasel Crawford Stadium and Fetes
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »
Wasn't there some statements after carnival last year saying no more concerts in the stadium? I see Machel Monday advertising for the stadium.

I found this.

Anyone know the final decision on concerts at the stadium?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No More Concerts and Fete in National stadium
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »
HC isn't available for use at the moment for ProLeague football. I seem to recall there was work needed on the pitch after a fete around New Years.  Although its being used on Sunday, ProLeague matches still aren't being scheduled there. This is causing fixture congestion and the overuse of Larry Gomes, which I've been told will be out of use in February due to pitch repairs. Apparently, Manny Ramjohn is also out of use and Marvin Lee is not being used, but I don't know why. So, it looks like Ato Boldon will be seeing lots of action over the next 6 weeks!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: No More Concerts and Fete in National stadium
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2012, 07:07:13 AM »
Imagine they build 4 top stadiums in T&T for football and now they destroying it with fetes.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>