April 29, 2024, 07:41:48 AM

Poll

Owen or Shearer: Who'll score more for the Toon Army?

Shearer
6 (27.3%)
Owen
16 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 11, 2005, 07:11:00 AM

Author Topic: Owen or Shearer: Who'll score more for the Toon Army?  (Read 3412 times)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Owen or Shearer: Who'll score more for the Toon Army?
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:11:00 AM »
Now that Owen is at Newcastle, who do you think will get more goals for them? Both guarantee around 20 goals a season (Shearer usually more but he's past his prime)

Owen's case: Bellamy was outscoring Shearer before his run-ins with Souness, so with Owen's pace and pedigree he should be able to do better than Bellamy.
Plus Shearer is undoubtedly past his best years while Owen is approaching his peak years as a player...

Shearer's case:  For the first time in his life, he's not the main striker so he will have more space as a result of defenders playing closer attention to Owen.
Plus, he takes the penalties and it's still his team and he's in his last year, meaning look for Owen to unselfishly give him tap -ins so he can finish on a high
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Owen or Shearer: Who'll score more for the Toon Army?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 08:45:35 AM »
Old man Shearer still doing it. Everybody say he was past he prime 4 years ago.........and he still netting up.

He just ent warm up yet, but he is one of the better strikers with his head in the EPL, and he is the Newcastle penalty taker.

I expect he will produce 10+ goals this season.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 08:49:51 AM »
Shearer is the undisputed leader but Owen is now THE star. Owen will be among the leaders in scoring this yr. I only wish Arsenal scooped him up so they could have 2 assassins up front instead of 1. Bergkamp really showin his age these days
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 08:52:01 AM »
owen.

sowness out de door by season's end.

shearer = player coach or coach.

they now have a good strike force:
luque
owen
shearer
chopra
shola amoeba

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 09:14:24 AM »
owen.

sowness out de door by season's end.

shearer = player coach or coach.

they now have a good strike force:
luque
owen
shearer
chopra
shola amoeba

one of them men have to ride. Probably Ameoba. I think he reaching the stage/age where he will want to start for some team. I think they grooming Chopra for the future, so they'll keep him on the books and loan him out when he recover from injury, so he could stay match fit. They'll bring him back if Shearer/Owen gets hurt or if Shearer 'retires' / become player-manager before the end of the season. Owen will top score on account of age/freshness/WC round the corner.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 09:49:35 AM »
owen is onion bag killer. i calling 20 goals for him this season.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 09:50:20 AM »
You see Solano back at Newcastle. If Souness cannot turn dis team around he have to consider a new career path....

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 11:45:21 AM »
Owen going to score more goals than Shearer cause Shearer will be able to flcik on more balls..Owen don't create many chances for other players..hes more of a goal poacher.
Plus is good to see Solano back...we finally going to get some decent crosses on shearer head now  ;D ..too bad we lost so many other squad players  :(
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »
Look like somebody(s) just save Souness backside.  :devil:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 12:25:54 PM »
ah doh get this one, and usually ah does leave it alone, buh ah think this week ah jumpy and exctied..
Who Really cares? Owen ? Shearer? If yuh is a Newcastle fan yuh expect to get more goal, it doh matter who. Sour ness care?
Leh we real work out den.
what if dey tie on 16 each, and Newcastle still only place midtable, yuh think they should get a  nex forward who could score 6 more ?
Doh bother ans. that. ...ah probably jus doh give a hoot bout no EPL quizzes now...but to be honest, although ah like to know what dey do, ah doh really give a  flying :cursing: bout wha might go down dey..unless one ah meh Countrymen playin

as a say, ah lil bit jumpy, allyuh doh dig

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
ah doh get this one, and usually ah does leave it alone, buh ah think this week ah jumpy and exctied..
Who Really cares? Owen ? Shearer? If yuh is a Newcastle fan yuh expect to get more goal, it doh matter who. Sour ness care?
Leh we real work out den.
what if dey tie on 16 each, and Newcastle still only place midtable, yuh think they should get a  nex forward who could score 6 more ?
Doh bother ans. that. ...ah probably jus doh give a hoot bout no EPL quizzes now...but to be honest, although ah like to know what dey do, ah doh really give a  flying :cursing: bout wha might go down dey..unless one ah meh Countrymen playin

as a say, ah lil bit jumpy, allyuh doh dig

:devil: :devil: :devil: LOL  :devil: :devil: :devil:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 01:11:48 PM »
d problem with Newcastle is d man dey call Graeme Souness,is not like d magpies doh have quality players someting isn't workin
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 01:21:19 PM »
SHEARER WILL SCORE ORE GOALS...HE TAKES THE PENALTY KICKS

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 06:48:13 PM »

how much penalties u feel newcastle going to get this year especially when it have no dribbler to get in the box or forward running at full speed eg.Belaamy or Dyer?
i read somewhere they wanted a 20 goal-a-season striker so they went and get owen..but you know owen never ever score 20 yet lol.
Newcastle had a good team and just needed a few additions...not to sell 9 men and bring in 6...that jackass Souness really f**k up a good team regardless of the behaviour of some of the players.
like is now he realize he need some width...all his signings was a waste except Parker,Emre and Owen of course.
but then again when Souness get the sack next month who going to be manager?...i have a feeling it might be Glen Roeder...Lord help us!!
Feliz

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 07:29:26 PM »

how much penalties u feel newcastle going to get this year especially when it have no dribbler to get in the box or forward running at full speed eg.Belaamy or Dyer?

Where is Dyer? Did not know they sold him. How about Luque? Excellent dribbler. And besides...that ain't the only way to win penalties. Owen wins quite a few with his speed and movement in the box. Case in point: England v. Argentina in WC 2002.

...all his signings was a waste except Parker, Emre and Owen of course.

Well...that's 3 good signings in less than a year. Outside Chelsea, you can't get much better than that.  And you forgot Luque and Solano. That makes 5. And you can't blame him for Nicky Butt and Jean Alain Boumsong. Good signings on paper. Everything else...fire away. Souness is a thug

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 08:16:58 PM »
Where is Dyer? Did not know they sold him.
I believe Dyer got injured recently.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 06:26:21 AM »
Dyer always injured ! Souness say he planned to use him in the hole behind Shearer as a second striker, thus his willingness to go into the season with just Ameobi and Chopra...but the injury mess up that plan so i doh know what Dyer's role will be now with Emre on the left, Solano on the right and 2 new big name strikers on the books, especially because Souness only want his battling midfiielders in the middle of the park (Parker, Faye). Well actually, Jenas gone so Dyer will have to fight up for the spot with Bowyer(hopefully not literally)...but I could see him being on his way soon the way Souness is operate...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 06:31:36 AM »
Where is Dyer? Did not know they sold him.
I believe Dyer got injured recently.

Yeah..I know. I was being sarcastic. I was wondering why Feliziano say they no longer have Dyer, when the man still there. I doh know what is Souness plans for him....but to say you eh go get penalties this season cause you missing Dyer makes no sense....unless it is a season ending injury

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 09:35:47 AM »
nah i was trying to say he almost not always available through injury lately.
Souness wanted him to play a Bellamy type role but he just ent have the Bellamy type of finishing lol.
Feliz

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »
The best attacker there is Luque.

1]; } ?>