April 28, 2024, 02:14:49 PM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 279116 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 02, 2013, 07:53:54 PM »
you need to be more observant, gandalf referred to a family member of bilbo who he knew personally and who went on adventures and wasn't afraid of a dangerous trek, bilbo's ancestors were fallohides who were close to the elves and were different than all other hobbits, bolder and more adventurous, bilbo isn't an ordinary hobbit

And you clearly are no ordinary jackass... Gandalf never explained why he chose Bilbo.  Saying that he once knew a relative of his is hardly an explanation as to why he chose to put the mark on Bilbo's door.  Now go back and scour the internet and see what other irrelevant drivel yuh could find.

why should i entertain a court jester like yourself, when your siamese twin truetrini is answering for you  :D :D he is your mouthpiece and seems like a whole lot more as well  :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1051 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »
Gandalf never explicitly said why he had chosen poor Bilbo to join him and the dwarves in their expedition. Being wise and proud he did not like to explain his reasons to anyone.

"Of course there is a mark," said Gandalf. "I put it there myself. For very good reasons. You asked me to find the fourteenth man for your expedition, and I chose Mr. Baggins.

Just let any one say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like, or go back to digging coal."

He scrowled so angrily at Gloin that the dwarf huddled back in his chair; and when Bilbo tried to open his mouth to ask a question, he turned and frowned at him and stuck out his bushy eyebrows, till Bilbo shut his mouth tight with a snap. "That's right," said Gandalf. "Lets have no more argument.

I have chosen Mr. Baggins and that ought to be enough for all of you. If I say that he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is. or will be when the time comes.

There is a lot more in him than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea about himself. You may (possibly) all live to thank me yet. Now Bilbo, my boy, fetch a lamp, and let's have a little light at this."

The Hobbit, An Unexpected Party

whats your point bro?

jackson added backstory to the dialogue, go back and watch the movie and stop obfuscating on the thread, your citing verbatim from the hobbit(book) without having knowledge of the back story and dialogue added to hint at why gandalf chose bilbo. He also explained to the dwarves that part of bringing bilbo along was destiny, which he hinted, hobbits are not detected by goblins and orks unlike elves and dwarves. Another reason, which i won't reveal now bc its a spoiler will be revealed in the next movie.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1052 on: January 02, 2013, 08:12:22 PM »
you need to be more observant, gandalf referred to a family member of bilbo who he knew personally and who went on adventures and wasn't afraid of a dangerous trek, bilbo's ancestors were fallohides who were close to the elves and were different than all other hobbits, bolder and more adventurous, bilbo isn't an ordinary hobbit

And you clearly are no ordinary jackass... Gandalf never explained why he chose Bilbo.  Saying that he once knew a relative of his is hardly an explanation as to why he chose to put the mark on Bilbo's door.  Now go back and scour the internet and see what other irrelevant drivel yuh could find.

for people like yourself with zero intuition and foresight I will educate you further.

gandalf spoke of the family member because bilbo's lineage is indeed different than other hobbits, hinting that you are not like the rest, that is the reason why I chose you and that I know your family history. Secondly Gandalf also explains to Thorin that the hobbits scent goes undetected to orks and goblins, it is unfamiliar, it is therefore easy to sneak past enemy lines and in the the next 2 features, help them defeat smaug, by finding the invisible entrance to the once dwarve kingdom, all this was revealed in the feature.

if you want i can also add a few more points which gandalf gives to why bilbo was chosen, which was even revealed in lotr and this story, of course no ordinary but an extraordinary jackass would miss those points  ;)

truetrini

« Reply #1053 on: January 02, 2013, 08:31:37 PM »
Secondly Gandalf also explains to Thorin that the hobbits scent goes undetected to orks and goblins, it is unfamiliar, it is therefore easy to sneak past enemy lines and in the the next 2 features, help them defeat smaug, by finding the invisible entrance to the once dwarve kingdom, all this was revealed in the feature.

Fella that would apply to ANY Hobbit.

and for your info what I posted is what came from the movie not the book...!

By the way the book is the reason why there is a movie twat.

Gandalf just knew (destiny) but he offered NO EXPLANATION!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:33:17 PM by truetrini SC »

truetrini

« Reply #1054 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34:05 PM »
Yeah and I am Bakes and Bakes is me so doh call me my own mout piece.  yuh twat

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 02, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
for people like yourself with zero intuition and foresight I will educate you further.

gandalf spoke of the family member because bilbo's lineage is indeed different than other hobbits, hinting that you are not like the rest, that is the reason why I chose you and that I know your family history. Secondly Gandalf also explains to Thorin that the hobbits scent goes undetected to orks and goblins, it is unfamiliar, it is therefore easy to sneak past enemy lines and in the the next 2 features, help them defeat smaug, by finding the invisible entrance to the once dwarve kingdom, all this was revealed in the feature.

if you want i can also add a few more points which gandalf gives to why bilbo was chosen, which was even revealed in lotr and this story, of course no ordinary but an extraordinary jackass would miss those points  ;)

Well you would know all about being an "extraordinary jackass" since you keep referring to stuff that wasn't in the movie.  Was it in the "next 2 features" or was it "revealed in the feature"? Gandalf never said anything about the Hobbits scent being undetected to "orcs and goblins" yuh ass marble... he said Hobbits' scent is unfamiliar to the Dragon.  He also said that Hobbits are light on their feet and can get past anyone if they choose to.  He never mentioned anything about 'goblins', 'orcs' or invisible entrance.  In fact everybody wanted to know why he choose Bilbo Baggins and he said "If I say he'll make a good Burglar then by heavens he'll make a good Burglar... he has a lot more to offer than anyone knows, maybe even himself" later on... "you'll just have to trust me on that".

So like I said... I still don't know why he showed up and chose Bilbo.  If it comes in the next installment then fine, but we talking about this movie... not de one inside yuh head.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:33:33 AM by Bakes »

truetrini

« Reply #1056 on: January 02, 2013, 08:39:51 PM »
This man is no ordinary ass at all, at all.

If Gandalf was looking for a prime cunnie eh would leave ah mark on Controversial door.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 03, 2013, 01:35:41 AM »
This man is no ordinary ass at all, at all.

If Gandalf was looking for a prime cunnie eh would leave ah mark on Controversial door.

LOL.. aye, whey I does come up with dem thing from boy? lol... I crack me up yes  :rotfl:

Anyways... others could check out de movie deyself here.  The piece with Gandalf showing up and de elves at Bilbo house roughly from 13:00 to 30:00.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 03, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »
bakes boy thanks a lot for d link..Am a big Hobbit and LOTR fan but haven't been able to hit d cinema to check it out
I know in the book it is talked about Bilbo family being different because they have been known to have adventures which hobbits in general don't do..To be honest I eh think it have any big reason gandalf chose Bilbo. The Hobbit is a lot more basic child like novel compared to LOTR and things just tend to happen and pass quickly without too much explanation. Peter Jackson has taken a lot of liberty in the Hobbit to make the story longer and the "side adventures" connected..
Anyways lemme go check out d movie now
Back in Trini...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 03, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
bakes boy thanks a lot for d link..Am a big Hobbit and LOTR fan but haven't been able to hit d cinema to check it out
I know in the book it is talked about Bilbo family being different because they have been known to have adventures which hobbits in general don't do..To be honest I eh think it have any big reason gandalf chose Bilbo. The Hobbit is a lot more basic child like novel compared to LOTR and things just tend to happen and pass quickly without too much explanation. Peter Jackson has taken a lot of liberty in the Hobbit to make the story longer and the "side adventures" connected..

My pleasure man... I was reluctant to share because I does try and support the industry where I can (I will always pay to see a Spike Lee or independent film for instance, or where I want to see the movie's $$ look good)... and didn't want to encourage de free thing, lol.  It's a great site, particularly for older movies that not readily available for rent/stream. Sometimes yuh just have to play until yuh find the best link, and so far haven't had any issues with malware in nearly two years of streaming.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 03, 2013, 03:13:16 PM »

My pleasure man... I was reluctant to share because I does try and support the industry where I can (I will always pay to see a Spike Lee or independent film for instance, or where I want to see the movie's $$ look good)... and didn't want to encourage de free thing, lol.  It's a great site, particularly for older movies that not readily available for rent/stream. Sometimes yuh just have to play until yuh find the best link, and so far haven't had any issues with malware in nearly two years of streaming.

I took a look at the link and while the quality was better than expected, it is still not the same as the big screen. So I will pay to see it in due course. In the meantime, watching the opening 5 minutes have whetted the appetite.  Thanks.

I did try downloading (without using the download software that popped up) but after downloading 750Mb, all I got was audio.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »

I took a look at the link and while the quality was better than expected, it is still not the same as the big screen. So I will pay to see it in due course. In the meantime, watching the opening 5 minutes have whetted the appetite.  Thanks.

I did try downloading (without using the download software that popped up) but after downloading 750Mb, all I got was audio.

Oh shit, ah forget... yuh doh have to download anything.  I get ketch with that Illivid fake ad too the first time.  Once the ad appears look very closely on the image of the ad itself (or close nearby) for a tiny "x" to close it.  The ad/s will keep recurring throughout, ah guess they have to pay the bills somehow.  But no need to download anything.  I think Illivid is harmless, but still... I wouldn't keep it if it only occupying space on yuh hard drive.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 04, 2013, 07:50:47 AM »

Oh shit, ah forget... yuh doh have to download anything.  I get ketch with that Illivid fake ad too the first time.  Once the ad appears look very closely on the image of the ad itself (or close nearby) for a tiny "x" to close it.  The ad/s will keep recurring throughout, ah guess they have to pay the bills somehow.  But no need to download anything.  I think Illivid is harmless, but still... I wouldn't keep it if it only occupying space on yuh hard drive.

but I did hook up with an Asian girl though ...
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 04, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
MIB 3 - OK movie. Mediocre 1/2 half. The dialog and banter between J and K was lacking but had promise but got a lot better in the last 1/2. A teary-eye scene towards the end and nice wrap-up.  Just ignore the time travel paradoxes etc.

I watch it last night... and real like it man.  Will Smith still have it yes.  Ah like de banter between him and Josh Brolin (ah keep seeing "W" every time they pan on him).  And yeah boy, Nicole Scherzinger... madre de dios.

The villain dis time around was good man... not to much screwball comedy, some skin-crawling effects, a legitimate bad guy... no babe side plot, cute dog or intergalactic worms tuh carry ah scene.  That last scene... in fact the entire wrap-up was boss.  Now that I think about it, is probably all dat that de Arcadian show de General down in Cape Canaveral to make him change he mind.  A very, very, very nice touch.

truetrini

« Reply #1064 on: January 04, 2013, 07:32:01 PM »
Gandalf never explicitly said why he had chosen poor Bilbo to join him and the dwarves in their expedition. Being wise and proud he did not like to explain his reasons to anyone.

"Of course there is a mark," said Gandalf. "I put it there myself. For very good reasons. You asked me to find the fourteenth man for your expedition, and I chose Mr. Baggins.

Just let any one say I chose the wrong man or the wrong house and you can stop at thirteen and have all the bad luck you like, or go back to digging coal."

He scrowled so angrily at Gloin that the dwarf huddled back in his chair; and when Bilbo tried to open his mouth to ask a question, he turned and frowned at him and stuck out his bushy eyebrows, till Bilbo shut his mouth tight with a snap. "That's right," said Gandalf. "Lets have no more argument.

I have chosen Mr. Baggins and that ought to be enough for all of you. If I say that he is a Burglar, a Burglar he is. or will be when the time comes.

There is a lot more in him than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea about himself. You may (possibly) all live to thank me yet. Now Bilbo, my boy, fetch a lamp, and let's have a little light at this."

The Hobbit, An Unexpected Party

whats your point bro?

jackson added backstory to the dialogue, go back and watch the movie and stop obfuscating on the thread, your citing verbatim from the hobbit(book) without having knowledge of the back story and dialogue added to hint at why gandalf chose bilbo. He also explained to the dwarves that part of bringing bilbo along was destiny, which he hinted, hobbits are not detected by goblins and orks unlike elves and dwarves. Another reason, which i won't reveal now bc its a spoiler will be revealed in the next movie.

My point is that Gandalf never said why he chose Bilbo!

In fact even when Galadriel asked him "Why the half-ling?"

Gandalf answered  :  "I don't know!"

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… simple acts of kindness and love."

He furthder stated that :  "Why Bilbo Baggins?"  "Perhaps it is because I am afraid and he gives me courage."

That is my point.  Capiche?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 07:42:33 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 04, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
Let me settle this argument.
This is why he chose Bilbo.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC73PHdQX04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XC73PHdQX04</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

truetrini

« Reply #1066 on: January 05, 2013, 11:07:01 PM »
<a href="http://youtu.be/3gv1qnPAiSI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtu.be/3gv1qnPAiSI</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 05, 2013, 11:23:40 PM »
TT that white square real entertaining dred... I could stare at it fuh days.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1068 on: January 06, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »
killer joe, billy friedkin, good flick  :beermug:

also took in miss bala, about the mexican drug cartel in baja california, not bad, different way of story telling

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 06, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »
Looper - boss
Lawless - boss
Taken 2 - watered-down version of the first but still good
End of Watch - good; I enjoyed the way it was shot.

AirMan

« Reply #1070 on: January 15, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »
Comedy lovers, this one doing well right now.."Haunted House".. http://myvoicetv.net/marlon-wayans-a-haunted-house-does-well-at-box-office/

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #1071 on: January 17, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
check out "Detachment" by Tony kaye, recommended by a good friend who is close friends with Tony :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Looper - boss
Lawless - boss
Taken 2 - watered-down version of the first but still good
End of Watch - good; I enjoyed the way it was shot.

Looper was ehh.  Had its moments but so-so in the end.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1073 on: January 17, 2013, 10:04:37 PM »

Centurion 2010.
The Awakening 2011.

Both British films bot co starring Dominic West, who also co starred in the last Johnny English movie.

Awakening is a horror film.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 17, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »

Centurion 2010.
The Awakening 2011.

Both British films bot co starring Dominic West, who also co starred in the last Johnny English movie.

Awakening is a horror film.

VB

Just say McNulty nah man.  I will check them out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 18, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
War Horse was a boss flick... I seriously slept on it.  I thought it would be some sentimental Black Beauty bullshit, and sure enough it had it's one or two hokey moments, but overall it was as great story... tremendous, tremendous movie.

AirMan

« Reply #1076 on: January 18, 2013, 04:53:02 AM »
Still ant seen "Lincoln" yet... Nuff recommendations from friends to see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 19, 2013, 12:04:42 AM »
Django... wow, hands down one of the best movies I've seen in a while.  I defended Spike Lee, but nah  Tarantino got this one right.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:12 AM »
Saw Gangster Squad. No Scarface but it was entertaining. Sean Penn is a boss!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 19, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »
Django... wow, hands down one of the best movies I've seen in a while.  I defended Spike Lee, but nah  Tarantino got this one right.
epic.

1]; } ?>