April 25, 2024, 04:30:19 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 277920 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #1260 on: April 29, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »
Anyone see "Home Again?" I'm curious but might just end up getting vex
Low budget flick filmed in Trinidad starring Tatyana Ali about three people deported to their native Jamaica after growing up abroad

Just saw this now. In terms of production, it's far and away the best local movie I've ever seen. Forget the days of Men of Gray or whatever, where you're seeing boom mikes in the shot etc. This looks fantastic. And the three main actors were excellent too. The supporting cast let them down a bit though. Oh, Brent Sancho had minor role.

It was shot entirely in Trinidad, and most of the scenery is recognisable (Long Circular Mall for example). The plot itself was ordinary, but the ending tied things up nicely. Plenty violence, plenty drug use, (don't take the young ones!) Far and away the best local (or "local") movie I've ever seen, and generally a really good effort.  :beermug:

So they take a Trini-american actress, film it in Trinidad and the move about Jamaicans???  ???

Sounds ridiculous in theory, but I'd say they pulled it off.  :beermug:

Depends on what you mean by "local movie." This was a Canadian production shot in TT.

VB

I just saw his las night.  Not bad.  Gritty storyline and I enjoyed trying to pick out the locations.
Some of the attempts at a Yard accent were funny I sure Jamaicans will get a kick out of that.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 14, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »
The Amazing SpiderMan II was real lackluster.  I understand that this is based on a comic, but allyuh eh ha' tuh write de movie so cartoonish.  Jamie Foxx was decent... but he di'n really have much to work with here.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 22, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »
anybody ever see "the Raid" jus watch clips from dat ting and decide to download d torrent.............lord have  mercy dat ting violent :-\ :'(..............ah like it too bad :) :-[
I pity the fool....

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 23, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »
X-Men...FIVE stars from me!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 27, 2014, 11:36:05 AM »
X-Men...FIVE stars from me!

I dunno about five stars, but I liked it as well.  Quicksilver was the best of the new additions... Bishop had a decent cameo, but them Sentinels were beasts.  Fammke Janssen is still such a babe... good Lord!

Also saw Godzilla... not bad.  Visually stunning at times, decent storyline... although one huge noticeable hole in the plot near the end.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 27, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
I liked Quicksilver a lot too.  :)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 27, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »
I liked Quicksilver a lot too.  :)

The Pentagon jailbreak scene was reminiscent of Nightcrawler's White House assault in X2... not quite as spectacular, but visually stunning and much more entertaining.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 08, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
The Wolf Of Wall street is one of the raunchiest movies I have ever seen.  Drugs and sex everywhere for three hours.

That flick was money well spent.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 11, 2014, 12:03:43 PM »
Mankind get pressured into seeing "The Other Woman" over the weekend (though in truth I wanted to see it from before, lol). Good movie!  Cameron Diaz still fine as frigging wine.  The lines in her face betraying her 41 years... but man, what a good-looking, sexy woman... and I not even into white woman like that, but I loving she from long time. 

Nicolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister) played the cad convincingly... although he accent keep coming and going.  The wardrobe department had him looking extra sharp in a series of slim suits, and one fly ass sky blue linen shirt in particular.  Leslie Mann doh really do anything for me, but she funny as hell and didn't disappoint in this movie.  Kate Upton was a waste of time... Nicki Minaj did the best she could in a blatantly and irritatingly stereotypical role.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oDcaZ3StTfI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oDcaZ3StTfI</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 11, 2014, 01:44:15 PM »
Yuh goan see Fault with our Stars?  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 11, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »

I always down fuh ah lime... what dat about? lol

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 11, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »

I always down fuh ah lime... what dat about? lol

Nah I was teasing.  :) It's just this sappy love story about two cancer-survivors that supposedly has all the girls who see it crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn55UgZQC6U
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 11, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
Nah I was teasing.  :) It's just this sappy love story about two cancer-survivors that supposedly has all the girls who see it crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn55UgZQC6U

I go pass on dat den  ;D

Next up on the agenda is Transformers though... might have to take moms with me to go see dat one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 15, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »
This joint right here!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hZFZxEnB7ws" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hZFZxEnB7ws</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1274 on: September 21, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »
Homesman with Tommy Lee Jones.

Damn good.

Hilary Swank is a helluva actress. Expect an Oscar nomination.
Poignant movie. The ending might have you shaking your head.
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: October 02, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
anybody else tink edge of tomorrow was the best of the summer blockbuster.....x-men started good but den kinda fizzled for me.....Transformers: good action :-\ plot holes like ah strainer otherwise, godzilla was meh :-\ ........watch captain america twice but d movie take itself lil to seriously for me at times doh.......edge of tomorrow is d only one give yuh a lil bit ah every ting, good action, laughs......some plot points make mih go  ??? :-\ lil bit, but other than dat it was damn good
I pity the fool....

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 02, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
Homesman with Tommy Lee Jones.

Damn good.

Hilary Swank is a helluva actress. Expect an Oscar nomination.
Poignant movie. The ending might have you shaking your head.
VB

doh want to spoil it for others, but TLJ cud get ah nod for his role. HS.. role too short IMO!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 03, 2014, 08:08:36 AM »
anybody else tink edge of tomorrow was the best of the summer blockbuster.....x-men started good but den kinda fizzled for me.....Transformers: good action :-\ plot holes like ah strainer otherwise, godzilla was meh :-\ ........watch captain america twice but d movie take itself lil to seriously for me at times doh.......edge of tomorrow is d only one give yuh a lil bit ah every ting, good action, laughs......some plot points make mih go  ??? :-\ lil bit, but other than dat it was damn good

Not sure about title of best summer blockbuster, but i really enjoyed it. I am a sci-fi geek but not a big Tom Cruise fan, and because of him I guess I had a lower bar for expectations. However, I enjoyed both the movie and his performance. It was a good sci-fi story, had nice humor and him and Emily Blunt had good chemistry. The other summer movie that I really enjoyed was Guardians of the Galaxy.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 03, 2014, 08:41:36 AM »

Not sure about title of best summer blockbuster, but i really enjoyed it. I am a sci-fi geek but not a big Tom Cruise fan, and because of him I guess I had a lower bar for expectations. However, I enjoyed both the movie and his performance. It was a good sci-fi story, had nice humor and him and Emily Blunt had good chemistry. The other summer movie that I really enjoyed was Guardians of the Galaxy.
ah mean this summer .....but for me, it was the best of the lot   even if it was kinda before summer..................though, I have not seen guardians of the galaxy yet...mind could change after dat.
but EoT winning...even if yuh is not really ah cruise fan, yuh have to give it props, I is not ah cruise fan either...especially after d katie holmes business
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:50:09 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: October 03, 2014, 02:57:46 PM »

Edge of Tomorrow was just arrite

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 03, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »
exactly my point
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: October 03, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
exactly my point
Nah, you rate it way more than me, I not really giving it any kinda props... save for the fact that the plot gimmick of the 'reset' is unique.  Other than that, there are many elements which it borrows heavily from movies such as The Matrix, Memento and Inception.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 03, 2014, 05:51:46 PM »
exactly my point
Nah, you rate it way more than me, I not really giving it any kinda props... save for the fact that the plot gimmick of the 'reset' is unique.  Other than that, there are many elements which it borrows heavily from movies such as The Matrix, Memento and Inception.
get what yuh sayin......I tryin say dat d summer releases was tame in general IMO, but dat EoT was "to me" the best example of d summer archetype this year............atleast till ah see GoG, go revisit this then

on dat note bakes ....whey d f**k optimus get intergalactic thrusters from........and why he fly out when galva\mega\tron still on d loose ??? ::)
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:43 PM »
get what yuh sayin......I tryin say dat d summer releases was tame in general IMO, but dat EoT was "to me" the best example of d summer archetype this year............atleast till ah see GoG, go revisit this then

on dat note bakes ....whey d f**k optimus get intergalactic thrusters from........and why he fly out when galva\mega\tron still on d loose ??? ::)

Yeah I was real disappointed by Transformers.  Optimus 'taming' de Dinobots was just about the most dotish thing I ever see... hyped as I was by that scene in the trailer.

**Spoiler Alert**

The Ten Dumbest Things About Transformers 'Age of Extinction.'

10) Optimus Prime flies into space with his adorable rocket boots.

At the end of the movie, having helped the Autobots slaughter the Decepticons (other than Megatron, who is actually now Galvatron, who… never mind), Optimus Prime announces he is going into space to find the aliens who killed all the dinosaurs.

He does so only with the aid of these cute little rockets attached to his feet. Optimus Prime doesn’t need a spaceship to travel the vast reaches of the galaxy! He has rocket boots!

It was around this time I was laughing so hard I was seeing spots. I felt kind of bad for the people in the row next to me, but they were also clappy and cheering at the time. I think we’re even.

If you're wondering why they even keep making these films, just look at the box office returns. Age of Extinction had a $41 million opening day domestically at the box office, better than X-Men: Days of Future Past ($35.5 million), Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($36.9 million), and Godzilla ($38.4 million).

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: October 03, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »
exactly my point

But the aliens looked and moved real cool!
How allyuh like the sci-fi D-Day scene?

They have all kinda technology why they didn't just bomb up the whole area?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: October 03, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »

Yeah I was real disappointed by Transformers.  Optimus 'taming' de Dinobots was just about the most dotish thing I ever see... hyped as I was by that scene in the trailer.

**Spoiler Alert**

The Ten Dumbest Things About Transformers 'Age of Extinction.'

10) Optimus Prime flies into space with his adorable rocket boots.

At the end of the movie, having helped the Autobots slaughter the Decepticons (other than Megatron, who is actually now Galvatron, who… never mind), Optimus Prime announces he is going into space to find the aliens who killed all the dinosaurs.

He does so only with the aid of these cute little rockets attached to his feet. Optimus Prime doesn’t need a spaceship to travel the vast reaches of the galaxy! He has rocket boots!

It was around this time I was laughing so hard I was seeing spots. I felt kind of bad for the people in the row next to me, but they were also clappy and cheering at the time. I think we’re even.

If you're wondering why they even keep making these films, just look at the box office returns. Age of Extinction had a $41 million opening day domestically at the box office, better than X-Men: Days of Future Past ($35.5 million), Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($36.9 million), and Godzilla ($38.4 million).

boy dat ting was all kinda stupid....d action scenes in isolation were generally good......but what a stupid ending is almost like d script take wrong turn some where in d middle and decide it eh going back :P
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 03, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »
But the aliens looked and moved real cool!
How allyuh like the sci-fi D-Day scene?
They have all kinda technology why they didn't just bomb up the whole area?

Yuh peep dat too eh?  Yeah they try real hard to establish the parallels... beginning with the shot of the white cliffs of Dover as they crossed the English Channel... that and the incessant chatter about "getting off the beach."  The Battle of Normandy is probably the most famous beach battle scene in history, so the parallel was clear.  The Omega or whatever it is has the power to control time but struggling to defeat mankind... yuh kinda just have to suspend all rational process and go with it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: October 18, 2014, 12:24:59 AM »
Dracula Untold was surprisingly very good.  One or two plot/logic lapses here and there but the story was good and the CGI and other special effects were good too.  Thankfully there was way more to the movie than what they showed in the trailer.  Terrifying first encounter with de beast that turn him (Charles Dance, aka 'Tywin Lannister' from GoT) in dat cave.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_2aWqecTTuE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_2aWqecTTuE</a>

Did a two-fer...

Fury... Boss movie  :notworthy:  One of the better war movies I've seen in a very long time.  The battle scenes... good Lord!  Talk about graphic, but in a realistic, non-grauitous way.  Great visuals, reminiscent of the rebels taking on the stormtroopers on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.  Very good story, excellent acting all around, especially by Brad Pitt, who was an Executive Producer on the film.  If you ever wondered what a first person experience is like taking enemy fire inside a tank... or what happens to a body when hit by a .50 cal... this movie sets it straight  :beermug: :beermug:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ggu6_k176rU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ggu6_k176rU</a>
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:29:44 AM by Bakes »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 23, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »
john wick lookin decent and also Keanu is 50 :o diaz ah vampire :-\

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RllJtOw0USI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RllJtOw0USI</a>

.................anyways love gun-fu movies.......face-off and Replacement killers being mih favorites
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:51:28 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 23, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
....................and d age of ultron first trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmeOjFno6Do" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tmeOjFno6Do</a>
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>