March 28, 2024, 05:08:00 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275085 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #300 on: November 16, 2009, 03:26:53 PM »
nah boy ff,that remindin me of them 70's fake action movies with cheesy lyrics.

It deliberately pokes fun at the blaxploitation genre...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 16, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
Paranormal Activity

I watched a little bit of this movie and took it off, not because it was not to my liking but for the fact this sh*t was too scary for me and it was a true story. This movie got me looking at my doors and every lil noise I hear in my house when I am by myself, I get paranoid lol.

I not payin no money or downloadin nutting to get scared.

Fork dat.  I go remain Paranormal ignorant.

On a side note...I really enjoyed "This Is it".  Had a kinda poignant finish to it and it was good to reinforce how I prefer to remember MJ.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 16, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »
The invention of lying with Ricky Gervais

Went to see this a few weeks ago.  A really compelling story line about a world where people just cannot lie except for the Ricky Gervais character who can.  Had loads of possibilities and potential as a plot but fell flat on it's face for me.  So flat in fact that I was told i was snorin in de people theatre halfway thru.  De fact dat nobody wake meh ass up provides some insight that maybe everybody else was dozin off too.

Disappointing.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 16, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »
De wifey and I going an take een dis bite up on Friday. I saw de first one on DVD and it was decent....better than expected actually.  Hopefully de sequel will live up to de hype.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/C5wV8feudEo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/C5wV8feudEo</a>
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2009, 10:57:31 PM »
Yeah Twilight was decent... better than anticipated.   Still not persuaded to spend cinema money on dis sequel as interesting as it seems.  Ah done vex de dread Vampire get lick up... apparently in de earlies.  Will wait for it on DVD.

Most likely will check out Precious this weekend... great buzz surrounding the movies.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 22, 2009, 10:21:02 AM »
Anybody see Avatar yet?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 22, 2009, 11:07:05 AM »
Anybody see Avatar yet?
I watched about 25 mins of it last night on my computer and decided to go watch it at Imax with the whole 3D thing. It looks good from what I saw so far.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 28, 2009, 04:50:15 PM »
I took in Avatar at Imax, that was a very good movie in my opinion. The story line reminded me of a certain country with their greed and how we really take our world for granted with all our pollution and destroying of our forest :'(.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 28, 2009, 05:48:08 PM »
Tha Hangover is a real good comedy, real slackness and mystery.
Make sure allyuh see it.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Ah man say hangover and mystery in the same sentence... ;D..anyway real funny movie, i eh laugh like dat since the first american pie movie.

New Moon decent if yuh gyul drag yuh to see it, it is ah movie u could tolerate for the sake of yuh gyul.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 29, 2009, 12:49:44 AM »
Has anyone seen the new sherlock holmes movie? Saw it myself, while it was not bad it was not memorable. Found it slow at times and it lacked an ah ha moment. Also the acting tended to be over the top at times. 

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 29, 2009, 02:06:56 AM »

New Moon decent if yuh gyul drag yuh to see it, it is ah movie u could tolerate for the sake of yuh gyul.

She will likely give yuh some after it too.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #312 on: December 29, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
I saw Avatar. Will go back to see it 3D. I liked it. Best movie for 2009 that I've seen.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 29, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
I saw Avatar. Will go back to see it 3D. I liked it. Best movie for 2009 that I've seen.

The 3D version rell good. For all those who going to see this movie, I recommend yuh spend that lil extra to watch it in 3D.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 29, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »

The 3D version rell good. For all those who going to see this movie, I recommend yuh spend that lil extra to watch it in 3D.

ah bin hearin dat d lil extra ent so lil in trini...."cinemas 8" so I go stick to 2d for now.
I pity the fool....

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 29, 2009, 10:14:33 PM »
Has anyone seen the new sherlock holmes movie? Saw it myself, while it was not bad it was not memorable. Found it slow at times and it lacked an ah ha moment. Also the acting tended to be over the top at times. 

Went to see the 3pm IMAX or 3:30pm 3D Avatar showings and was informed that all the shows were sold out til 7pm. Decided to take in Sherlock Holmes instead. It's a Guy Ritchie movie so it was a little over the top, but entertaining and funny at times.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #316 on: December 30, 2009, 08:21:43 AM »
Went to see Avatar 3D last night. The ticket price rock me a little but wha-de-hell, ah went.
I enjoyed it. Since I had already seen the flat version, I was able to concentrate on the imagery and symbolism that I'd been hearing about.
The story reminded me of the Iraq war and we know one guy who is exactly like that colonel. The 3D effect was cool for the animals and the little floating tree-seeds but for the human(oids), not so much.

All in all, very entertaining in either film version. I give it a 7 out of ten.

No desire to see Sherlock though. Holmes was originally written as a delicate almost effeminate character. Dapper, fashionably dressed, with a brilliant mind. This travesty of a new character is a little too much for me at the moment. I may rent it in a couple of years to waste time.  ;D

Has any one seen "It's Complicated"?

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
Anybody ever see this one (from 2007 though)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cdeHCL_DO5E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cdeHCL_DO5E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 30, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »
Anybody ever see this one (from 2007 though)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cdeHCL_DO5E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cdeHCL_DO5E&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Looks interesting, I'll see if I can find it to watch. Taken is another human trafficking movie that was   good.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 30, 2009, 04:55:17 PM »
Ah man say hangover and mystery in the same sentence... ;D..anyway real funny movie, i eh laugh like dat since the first american pie movie.

Ah took een Hangover over de weekend...nuff belly laughs. It up there with all de top kicks movies, but I eh rate it higher dan Old School though. Ah nearly dead laughing at most of de scenes in dat movie. And I eh know big Will Farrell fan, but he was at his finest in dat movie!

FYI, de same wedding singer from Old School was in Hangover. He was not as funny de second time around though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:15:01 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #320 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »
De wifey and I going an take een dis bite up on Friday. I saw de first one on DVD and it was decent....better than expected actually.  Hopefully de sequel will live up to de hype.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/C5wV8feudEo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/C5wV8feudEo</a>
Through a series of unfortunate events I ended up seeing this. Tragically boring to say the least. Its not even worth a DVD viewing IMHO. Notwithstanding its chickflickliness the first one was actually a decent movie. This was horrible. 

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #321 on: December 30, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
I saw a pirated version of Avatar online and felt compelled by the story. The are some similarities to The Last Samurai but din teef from it. This is a brilliant film. Then I saw it at cinema. The visuals even on standard projection are outstanding. I felt that they didn't act as filler for a vacuous story but simply enhanced it. I'm going to see it in 3d next week. Zoe Saldana's performance as tribe princess was convincing.

From a technical standpoint the rendering of the textures on the 3d models, especially when conveying emotions is truly impressive.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 30, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
Visuals were outstanding. Story was predictable.
Neatly summarized here:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MightyWhitey
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 30, 2009, 11:44:57 PM »
took in the Avatar tonight.. real worries just to get a ticket in cinemas 8, yuh hadda buy tickets a couple days in advance and still be prepared for a line up. should cool down when all them miserable school children go back to school though.

as for avatar, bess, bess movie, very impressive.. in fact best movie i've seen in 2009..

spend the extra money and watch it in 3D, after all if yuh in Trinidad the extra in trincity just adding up to movie towne price.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2009, 07:50:34 PM »
went to see avatar tonight. had to settle for movietowne cuz cinemas 8 tix were sold out. brilliant movie. had me glued from start to finish. james cameron really has a crazy imagination. ah definitely have to see dis on 3D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 01, 2010, 07:42:45 AM »
took in the Avatar tonight.. real worries just to get a ticket in cinemas 8, yuh hadda buy tickets a couple days in advance and still be prepared for a line up. should cool down when all them miserable school children go back to school though.

as for avatar, bess, bess movie, very impressive.. in fact best movie i've seen in 2009..

spend the extra money and watch it in 3D, after all if yuh in Trinidad the extra in trincity just adding up to movie towne price.

so wait what is d 3d price I hearin all kinda mad price like 50us and d papers ent really helpin or ah missin it somehow
I pity the fool....

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 01, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »
Took een Avatar a couple days ago..

Not sure what you all talking bout extra for 3D, as I got een for $13 and it came with ah free popcorn. Absolutely one of the best movie for 2009.

Besides everything else people mentions about why they think the movie was outstanding, for me it was the story telling.. but not just that. The film started off with real people but as the plot grew and the animated characters morphed into the movie itself, it was hardly noticeable. Brilliant.

Funny enough I was speaking with a Brazilian chick the same night and she said the story reminded her about the amazon and the raping of the forest.

I've never been a fan of 3D, but this was impressive.

Cameron has given us so much to work with for a sequel... can't wait.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 03:18:31 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2010, 05:11:51 PM »
Jumbie, yeah man, the humans coming back to Pandora again in the sequel...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
Took een Avatar a couple days ago..

Not sure what you all talking bout extra for 3D, as I got een for $13 and it came with ah free popcorn. Absolutely one of the best movie for 2009.

Besides everything else people mentions about why they think the movie was outstanding, for me it was the story telling.. but not just that. The film started off with real people but as the plot grew and the animated characters morphed into the movie itself, it was hardly noticeable. Brilliant.

Funny enough I was speaking with a Brazilian chick the same night and she said the story reminded her about the amazon and the raping of the forest.

I've never been a fan of 3D, but this was impressive.

Cameron has given us so much to work with for a sequel... can't wait.

That is the major theme of the movie -the effect of man's unmitigated greed on the environment. I have to agree that it was one of my favourite movies of 2009. Some of the reviews not as positive but forget dem !

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 02, 2010, 05:16:05 PM »

No desire to see Sherlock though. Holmes was originally written as a delicate almost effeminate character. Dapper, fashionably dressed, with a brilliant mind. This travesty of a new character is a little too much for me at the moment. I may rent it in a couple of years to waste time.  ;D

queen, ent holmes was a coke addict? i eh know about effeminate - he was quick to throw down with any body he catch. but de victorian social mores really come through in the acd stories - thing read like a police report. real dry, no "slackness".
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:18:37 PM by ribbit »

1]; } ?>