March 28, 2024, 03:57:25 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275075 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2010, 06:07:11 AM »
So wham?? nobody see Inception as yet or wha?

tief head movie... real entertaining!!

yeah, Inception was a good flick. ah have to watch it again. when it come out on DVD ah lookin for a director's cut with more explanation/background.

Inception was sickkkkkkkkkk. 10 "k"s for dat. I already see it twice. Second time i could appreciate it even more cuz I eh have to think as much to figure out wha goin on.

Best director making movies right now.

this is one movie you need to see at least twice. So much going on, you have to be alert to follow it.  Excellent movie - full of action too, not just a thinking person's movie
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2010, 12:46:05 PM »
Wha alyuh like bout the road so?

I went by the dvd man pick up the road, book of eli, a team and 2 kick up...IP Man and Confucius.

The book of eli was good too, ah like de lil twist at the end more than the road...I wasnt expecting much out of the road which is probably why I find it good

Inception did look like real lala to me in the previews, but in as much a few here say it decent ah go pick it up
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
finally got around to taking in Law Abiding Citizen.. boss movie for real, exactly the kinda flick i like.

will take in the Inception next week as I hearing so much about it. Please nobody doh come and spoil it here with no talk about it, ah find ppl done toeing de line lol.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2010, 06:40:39 PM »
grown ups was funny
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2010, 07:37:32 PM »
finally got around to taking in Law Abiding Citizen.. boss movie for real, exactly the kinda flick i like.

will take in the Inception next week as I hearing so much about it. Please nobody doh come and spoil it here with no talk about it, ah find ppl done toeing de line lol.

Best part for me is how he killed the judge while she was about to answer the phone. That piece of intense action....did it for me.  Score from 1-10? Man 11 yes!!

Inception, I'll wait until the crowds go down.
Salt from what I heard, isn't nothing to ray about!!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2010, 10:12:58 PM »
food inc. is a decent documentary on the economics of food. some real bullsh*t going on  >:(

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #366 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
food inc. is a decent documentary on the economics of food. some real bullsh*t going on  >:(

saw it almost 6 months ago, great doc, i recommend people to see it

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 30, 2010, 10:16:32 AM »
I drop asleep watching book of Eli....but from the little I watch while 1/2 beppin on mehself.

Denzil real dealing people a portion with that cutlass he have dey.

Watching the road, then this....I need a change of movie scenery from this post apocalyptic theme.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »
take in the inception in cinema 8 yesterday...

that movie is real heights. I hadda admit i was kinda lost for about the first half of the movie, but as it all start to come together ah realize is real matrix in that movie. Have to see it again, but damn!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »
I drop asleep watching book of Eli....but from the little I watch while 1/2 beppin on mehself.

Denzil real dealing people a portion with that cutlass he have dey.

Watching the road, then this....I need a change of movie scenery from this post apocalyptic theme.

Yeh the cutlash was sharp.
Watch the rest, there's a twist.

My better half made me watch Bounty Hunter, it turned out to be decent.
I thought it would all be about Butler tryin to apprehend Aniston but it wasn't at all.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 11:23:26 AM by Peong »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
book of eli was sick .
Touches some good movies ive seen recently.
Comedies Miss March was funny .Teen Com- Shes outta my league.
Horror  Drag me to Hell ,Day Breakers-post apocalyptic.
Action .Matt Damons .Green Zone .havent seen yet
Good chick flicks/ tear jearkers.-Runaways -about Joan Jett early years .2.The Greatest . 3. Remember Me.
Low Budget - The Crazies.Laid to rest.
Passable movies - Copout,Datenight,The Forth Kind,After Life [Christina Ricci gets naked -nice shape:}
Funny how times change
Movie i WANT TO SEE.  ....Open House ,Splice,Solomon Kane,Inception,
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:09:17 PM by Quags »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
Long weekend so I watching these:

the book of eli
unthinkable
brooklyn's finest
cop out

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »

I thought you woulda be in de t.dot takin photos of pretty mas and slackness
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 30, 2010, 12:40:52 PM »
book of eli was sick .
Touches some good movies ive seen recently.
Comedies Miss March was funny .Teen Com- Shes outta my league.
Horror  Drag me to Hell ,Day Breakers-post apocalyptic.
Action .Matt Damons .Green Zone .havent seen yet
Good chick flicks/ tear jearkers.-Runaways -about Joan Jett early years .2.The Greatest . 3. Remember Me.
Low Budget - The Crazies.Laid to rest.
Passable movies - Copout,Datenight,The Forth Kind,After Life [Christina Ricci get naked -nice shape:}
Movie i WANT TO SEE.  ....Open House ,Splice,Solomon Kane,Inception,

Don't bother with Splice nah... somehow that end up being ah kicks movie... in a waddemudderkontisthisgoingoninhere kinda way

and plenty people will just end up being disturbed and grossed out by it... in fact see it yes... but doh pay money in cinema for dat
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #374 on: July 30, 2010, 02:56:39 PM »

I thought you woulda be in de t.dot takin photos of pretty mas and slackness

Nah I now come in from New York. I really don't want to see MORE people.  :-\

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #375 on: July 31, 2010, 03:41:18 PM »
Okay you all have to see Unthinkable.

Samuel L Jackson, Carrie Moss and Michael Sheen
flicking good movie :applause: :applause:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 01, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »
oliver stone's w - garbage. it look like a race to see who could be the worst actor. thandie newton win that race with wright a close second. ah guess clinton movie yet to make - someone other than stone please.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:38:25 PM by ribbit »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2010, 12:47:30 PM »
allyuh that like art house kind of flim with some history and myth check out valhalla rising:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 03, 2010, 01:05:26 PM »
Open House seen piece was garbage .Grown Ups adam and the cast on overdrive with the usual shit .

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 03, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »
Valhalla Rising was good

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2010, 07:41:18 AM »

salt was bad. ah feel bad for chiwetel ejiofor who is an excellent actor and clearly slumming in dis one. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2010, 02:35:48 PM »

salt was bad. ah feel bad for chiwetel ejiofor who is an excellent actor and clearly slumming in dis one. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Real tata movie. And to think it get some good reviews
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »
Valhalla Rising was good
a lot of reviews say its bad .?

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
Saw a couple more in the last few weeks.

Book of Eli : Was decent nothing too big to talk about.

Zombieland: Funny for about the first 35 - 40 mins. Check it out.

The Crazies: Okay. Worth a look though.

Death at a Funeral: Funny.

Wolfman. Not bad. But I tired of the Warewolf ting. Time to come with something else.

In the last six months or so I've see so many apocalyptic movies. 2012. 2012 supernova. 2012 Doomsday and a number of of other documentaries on Natgeo.

Edge of Darkness: Mel Gibson was decent in this. Thought it was well put together.

Brooklyn's Finest. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

I hardly ever go to Theaters so excuse my late viewing. Doh do the bootleg ting with Movies. Got to see and hear every detail. ;D

BTW. Anyone saw New Daughter with Kevin Costner? Check it out.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 07:12:04 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 16, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
finally got around to watching inglourious basterds. :-\  tarantino on de downside of his career fuh sure.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 16, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
Unthinkable was BOSS

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 16, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »
Saw a couple more in the last few weeks.

Book of Eli : Was decent nothing too big to talk about.

Wolfman. Not bad. But I tired of the Warewolf ting. Time to come with something else.

Brooklyn's Finest. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Saw these three... enjoyed them.  BK's Finest, the twist at the end was kinda ehhh, but it was cool.

Also saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo... good flick (subtitled, if that is not your thing then try yuh DVD features for the English dub-over)

Smilla's Sense of Snow... finally saw it some months back.  Good flick.  European movies have a totally different pacing from American films, but I love them.

Book of Eli threw me though... wasn't feeling the ending at all, some implausible shit dey.  Was with them up until then.  The Hughes brothers is some shit if you ask me, but I have to hand it to them, they have some decent flicks:

Menace To Society
Dead Presidents
From Hell
Book of Eli

Somehow they manage to convince Hollywood to give them money to make movies.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 17, 2010, 06:47:39 AM »

BK's Finest, the twist at the end was kinda ehhh, but it was cool.

Also saw The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo... good flick (subtitled, if that is not your thing then try yuh DVD features for the English dub-over)

Smilla's Sense of Snow... finally saw it some months back.  Good flick.  European movies have a totally different pacing from American films, but I love them.

Book of Eli threw me though... wasn't feeling the ending at all, some implausible shit dey.  Was with them up until then.  The Hughes brothers is some shit if you ask me, but I have to hand it to them, they have some decent flicks:

Menace To Society
Dead Presidents
From Hell
Book of Eli

Somehow they manage to convince Hollywood to give them money to make movies.

I hear yuh on the twist at the end of Brooklyn's Finest. It was crazy but it make for some good watching I think.

In Book Of Eli I was looking for something like  that. I saw a review on the movie in Home Theater magazine and the hint was a really ridiculous ending so I was looking out for it. Sometimes the reviews could really screw up your mojo for a movie. ;D

The brothers I don't think I've seen enough of their movies to make a critic on them. I will take a look at menace to society and Dead Presidents.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Don't think I've heard of it. 

Did you see Blood and Bone as yet with Michael Jai White? Decent flick

Aye Bakes you having any problems getting movies(recent) these days from BlockBuster? Man is a trip to get them recent releases. Imagine I cyar get Legion, Unthinkable, Road. I only just get th Book Of Eli last week.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:53:01 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 17, 2010, 09:34:35 AM »
I hear yuh on the twist at the end of Brooklyn's Finest. It was crazy but it make for some good watching I think.

In Book Of Eli I was looking for something like  that. I saw a review on the movie in Home Theater magazine and the hint was a really ridiculous ending so I was looking out for it. Sometimes the reviews could really screw up your mojo for a movie. ;D

The brothers I don't think I've seen enough of their movies to make a critic on them. I will take a look at menace to society and Dead Presidents.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Don't think I've heard of it. 

Did you see Blood and Bone as yet with Michael Jai White? Decent flick

Aye Bakes you having any problems getting movies(recent) these days from BlockBuster? Man is a trip to get them recent releases. Imagine I cyar get Legion, Unthinkable, Road. I only just get th Book Of Eli last week.

Well I usually switch up, sometimes I'll have stuff in my queue and go in the store and pick it up instead... I think that's how I saw Legion.  What they telling you online that it "available" but there's a "long wait" or something?  I does cyah deal with the long wait business.

I saw Blood and Bone.. discussed it here 3 months ago...

On the strength of that I also checked out Blood and Bone... man, dis movie was a sleeper.  Michael Jai White again, playing this underground street fighter.  Shame dis man ent getting he due as a martial artist... or as an action star, really... going all the way back to Spawn.  Cut-ass sharing from beginning to end, and all of it choreographed of course, but none of it looking fake.  And is all kinda break hand and ting man collecting.  Good flick.

Just get Ghosts of City Soleil in the mail there... will check it out later this weekend.

I was supposed to come back and talk about Ghosts of City Soleil... really good flick.  Documentary about two brothers who are gang leaders in "City Soleil", the sprawling slum in Port au Prince.  It details their battles with other gangs in the slums and talks about the support of the gangs for the Aristide government, and how in the void created by the ouster of Aristide (just as in post-Saddam) Iraq, how that power vacuum gave rise to further violence and bloodshed as gangs positioned themselves to seize control in the anarchy.  It's a personal story on some level, but shows how common and everyday violence is to the poor people of these neighborhoods.  On a more macroscopic level, it also shows how the entire country can be held hostage to corruption by politicians.

Good movie.

-------------------------------

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is boss... a detective flick really, but only is civilians doing the detective work to revice a cold case involving the 40-year old mystery about the disapperance of a young girl.  Instead they stumble into investigating a serial killer at work.

There's a follow up to that coming out this summer called The Girl Who Played With Fire... I checking for that when it come out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:39:21 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 17, 2010, 03:11:06 PM »
Shit I getting ole  ;D

I thought you could only pick up a Movie, in store, from them once or twice a month?

I cyar leave netflix for nothing, I hook. Imagine I could see a thousand and one ting from them with my media box  while waiting on a movie in the mail. Right now I on the fourth season of Office. When I done with that I will take een Lost I think.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

1]; } ?>