March 29, 2024, 01:08:01 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275254 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2008, 12:12:15 PM »
um i eh mean ot sully or mash up the thread but someone pm meh and ask me if blues count. lol i nto afraid to ask so??
it seems the person watch the caura blues part 2 recently and was 'excited" about it....wanted to know if any one shared his um...thier enthusiasm for it. "capo" excuse me.. sorry have a cold!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
um i eh mean ot sully or mash up the thread but someone pm meh and ask me if blues count. lol i nto afraid to ask so??
it seems the person watch the caura blues part 2 recently and was 'excited" about it....wanted to know if any one shared his um...thier enthusiasm for it. "capo" excuse me.. sorry have a cold!

the one with the red hair gyul with the B13 licence plate showing?  :devil:

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2008, 08:54:41 AM »
Indiana Jones...

Pure and unadulterated LA LA!!

harisson ford do well for his age, but that was about the only plus.

from de time i see a youth man swinging through the jungle with some monkeys at his side to meet back up with a car chase that leave him about 5 minutes back, the movie was over for me.

i cyah believe i waste cinema money on that.

Omar you must do ike me. Netflix ;)
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »
Indiana Jones...

from de time i see a youth man swinging through the jungle with some monkeys at his side to meet back up with a car chase that leave him about 5 minutes back, the movie was over for me.

People still use Netflix?

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »
Indiana Jones...

People still use Netflix?

Bake what do you use?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:31 PM »

Bake what do you use?

Blockbuster... in addition to all the benefits offered by Netflix there's the added incentive of instead of dropping the movie in the mail when you're done, you take it into the Blockbuster store, where they immediately catalog it as being 'returned' (meaning they can ship another movie quicker instead of waiting for the movie to reach the warehouse), and plus you get a free rental from the store for each returned movie.

The plan I have caps the free in-store rentals at 5 movies per month....on top of the three out at a time by mail, but I believe the higher-tiered plans offer unlimited in-store rentals.

I stopped using Netflix about 4 yrs ago...too much BS with delays in mailing.  They eventually got sued in a class-action suit and settled (the claim being that they artificially limited the number of movies one could watch per month by slowing down the turn-around times by mail).  Now magically they've resolved the issue...yeah right  ::)

One advantage I've seen with Netflix is that their library (somewhat surprisingly) appears to be more extensive than Blockbuster's...every so often I'll punch up a movie and Blockbuster won't have it among the offered listings.  Don't think I ever really encountered that with Netflix.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:34:38 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2008, 10:12:50 AM »
Or hor.

I thought of Blockbuster but ppl online survey say Blockbuster take too long to return the movies. I use to rent from Blockbuster at one time but never like the idea of going to the store and look for a movie, too time consuming. When I think of Blockbuster I think stoneage. Netflix seems to have a faster turn around now as I get movies in 3 days max . The trick for a two day turn around is to return the movie on the last batch collection for the post office(Return on Monday night-new movie by Wednesday) if you want to get it back in 2 days. I on the three movie scheme so as I return one I still have two more to look at. I guess is whatever works for you though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:17:28 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
Or hor.

I thought of Blockbuster but ppl online survey say Blockbuster take too long to return the movies. I use to rent from Blockbuster at one time but never like the idea of going to the store and look for a movie, too time consuming. When I think of Blockbuster I think stoneage. Netflix seems to have a faster turn around now as I get movies in 3 days max . The trick for a two day turn around is to return the movie on the last batch collection for the post office(Return on Monday night-new movie by Wednesday) if you want to get it back in 2 days. I on the three movie scheme so as I return one I still have two more to look at. I guess is whatever works for you though.

Blockbuster's turn around is faster...for the simle reason that you don't have to wait for the Post Office to return the movie to their warehouse before they check it back in, and turn around and mail out your movie.  As I said in the last post, once you turn it into the store they check it in at the end of the night, next day the warehouse mails out.  I find it to be a two-day process or less...case in point, dropped two movies in the mail slot at the store yesterday (already get mih 5 free rentals for the month, so no need going into the store), this morning I had two new movies in my mailbox arready.  So in this case I checked it in before the end of the day, giving them time to send one out to me the same day before the last mail pick up on their end.  Having been with both I prefer Blockbuster, but yeah...is kinda whatever works.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
What!!  That sound real good. You just hand in at the store and they send out the next before receiving it in the warehouse. :o That sounding even better than Netflix. I will have to see if I could get a free month subcription with Blockbuster.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 12:01:23 AM »
What!!  That sound real good. You just hand in at the store and they send out the next before receiving it in the warehouse. :o That sounding even better than Netflix. I will have to see if I could get a free month subcription with Blockbuster.

Yuh miss whey ah post dat de first time or what? lol...

yeah man, I doh post nutten back no more.  Which is why I doh understand why people does still fack with Netflix... two benefits to taking the movie to the Blockbuster store (in case yuh miss it  :D )  Not only do they scan it at the end of the day and it's "checked in" to the warehouse (yes, before warehouse actually gets it in hand) and they immediately get your next shipment ready...but like ah say, yuh pick up ah free in-store movie fuh bringing in de envelope.  My plan is yuh get five free in-store rentals per month, but the higher tiers might still offer unlimited.

...and yeah, blockbuster does offer free one-month trials.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »
http://www.redbox.com/home.aspx
this is where i get my movies now at a buck a movie i am satisfied. might not be for everyone it wrks for me cause the kioski are on the way to wrk and i generally watch movies on the weekend only.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »
the happening is ah pack ah crap.way too slow,no substance.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »
Yeh Omar dat Indiana Jones was a pack ah shit

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2008, 07:06:38 AM »
wuh happen nobody goin theartah.righteous kill was good.two ah de best actors of all time.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2008, 06:29:47 AM »
saw this movie HAVOC with anne hathaway and bijou phillips last week on IFC,if allyuh get ah chance take it in.them 2 lil white girls eh ez.no big set ah action but good storyline.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2008, 07:04:17 AM »

the one with the red hair gyul with the B13 licence plate showing?  :devil:

where allyuh find this?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2008, 11:47:20 AM »
All the dvd men in town under low. I ent buy no movie in a while.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2008, 05:47:27 PM »
saw this movie HAVOC with anne hathaway and bijou phillips last week on IFC,if allyuh get ah chance take it in.them 2 lil white girls eh ez.no big set ah action but good storyline.

I eat ah chain up and end up watching "The Other Boleyn Girl" last week... flick was decent man.

"Disturbia" was surprisingly good too. 

Ah also have "Amazing Grace" waiting on mih here... from de trailer it look something like de British version of Amistad, telling the story of William Wilberforce and Olaudah Equiano (aka 'Gustavus Vassah'), the African prince who was kidnapped and sold into slavery in America.  He subsequently escaped (ah reciting this from memory from thing ah read years ago so bear with mih) and somehow ended up on ah British naval vessel... went on to a life of high society in Britain.

Not sure how much of this made it into the movie, but they also showcase the story of John Newton, the former slave captain credited with writing 'Amazing Grace'.

I'll have to wait until I get some time later in the week, but can't wait to watch this.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »
Anyone see the "eagle eyes" movie already?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2008, 07:07:04 PM »
Saw City of Men. Not bad. Not as shockingly violent as City of God. Positive ending.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2008, 08:02:50 PM »
Ah also have "Amazing Grace" waiting on mih here... from de trailer it look something like de British version of Amistad, telling the story of William Wilberforce and Olaudah Equiano (aka 'Gustavus Vassah'), the African prince who was kidnapped and sold into slavery in America.  He subsequently escaped (ah reciting this from memory from thing ah read years ago so bear with mih) and somehow ended up on ah British naval vessel... went on to a life of high society in Britain.

Not sure how much of this made it into the movie, but they also showcase the story of John Newton, the former slave captain credited with writing 'Amazing Grace'.

I'll have to wait until I get some time later in the week, but can't wait to watch this.

Just finished watching this... boss flick.  A very slow movie, but very riveting...really tells a lot about the power of conviction, and how personal sacrifices sometimes, can really and literally be earth-shaking.

Ioan Gruffuud plays William Wilberforce, and Senegalese singer, Youssou N'Dour plays Olaudah Equiano... to lead a stellar cast that includes Albert Finney as John Newton.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »
Saw City of Men. Not bad. Not as shockingly violent as City of God. Positive ending.

Hmmm I'm going to watch this based on yuh advice...heard good things bout dis one from some other people too..

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2008, 05:35:56 AM »
Bakes yuh get de instant movie box from Blockbuster yet? I have mih own from Netflix. I done watch two seasons of Heroes in 7 days.That is 37 episodes. I liking this instant movie box ting. ;D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »
Just saw a Brazilian flick called Elite Squad. Good. Violent. Disturbing!!!!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »
allyuh google 2012.lookin mean.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »
Anyone watch "Traitor" with Don Cheadle? This guy is a really good actor? Nice movie.

"Eagle Eye" was not  bad also.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2009, 10:52:32 PM »
I just watch Narnia: Prince Caspian and Black Dahlia...

Two waste ah time movies.  De first Narnia ("The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe") was good, so ah get ketch.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »

Two waste ah time movies.  De first Narnia ("The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe") was good, so ah get ketch.

Well boss if you go to RedBox and you see "Narnia: The Silver Chair" don't even look at it twice.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2009, 12:32:42 AM »

Burn after Reading is also a waste of time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »
Well boss if you go to RedBox and you see "Narnia: The Silver Chair" don't even look at it twice.

Never heard of it... now ah have even more reason not to, lol

Burn after Reading is also a waste of time.

Lol... I have dat right now waiting tuh watch.  Ah borrow dat and Get Smart... which was arrite, nutten special.

1]; } ?>