March 28, 2024, 08:07:24 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275106 times)

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »
crash de one with james spader (1996) not matt dillon and terrence howard.a bit on de wildside.worth ah look.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »
The Syrian Bride

a girl from the occupied Golan Heights ( formally part of Syria) is going into Syria to marry a Syrian
the amount of bachnal that those people live under as a result of the Isreali occupation.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »
The Syrian Bride

a girl from the occupied Golan Heights ( formally part of Syria) is going into Syria to marry a Syrian
the amount of bachnal that those people live under as a result of the Isreali occupation.
for a sec i thought i read sybian. :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »
I just watch Narnia: Prince Caspian and Black Dahlia...

Two waste ah time movies.  De first Narnia ("The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe") was good, so ah get ketch.

Burn after Reading is also a waste of time.

Burn After Reading was decent man... strange, but funny and entertaining at times.  Wouldn't say is ah 'waste ah time'... okay DVD rental.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »
City of Men tv serious. Three DVD with about 24 series. Show them two brats from kids to teeneagers. It thought it was preety good, even though it was about ghetto life in Rio.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2009, 01:05:22 PM »
allyuh men need to take in the Gran Torino..

boss movie, Clint Eastwood is ah boss.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »
allyuh men need to take in the Gran Torino..

boss movie, Clint Eastwood is ah boss.

Been waiting to see this one. The preview really does a good job of making you want to see it because it doesn't show any of the action. Yet it forshadows something serious happening within the movie.

You just have to sit and imagine the cold, calculating badness that Eastwood might be getting on with in the actual film.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2009, 06:19:09 PM »
eastwood great actor,even better director.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:33 PM »
Notorious ,just got back .Nice movie,like I being saying 2 pac was ah arsehole . and really out of control.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:33:50 AM by Quagmire »

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »

Two waste ah time movies.  De first Narnia ("The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe") was good, so ah get ketch.

Burn After Reading was decent man... strange, but funny and entertaining at times.  Wouldn't say is ah 'waste ah time'... okay DVD rental.

Too much of a farce for me, I only recommended it if you have notthing else to do, the acting was good but the story was just over the top.

Saw slumdog millionaire last night, enjoyed it
check it out here
Taken was also enjoyable not a top movie but good never the less.

Next one my list is the wrestler.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:25:52 PM by trinindian »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »

Too much of a farce for me, I only recommended it if you have notthing else to do, the acting was good but the story was just over the top.

Saw slumdog millionaire last night, enjoyed it
check it out here
Taken was also enjoyable not a top movie but good never the less.

Next one my list is the wrestler.

will definitly take the wrestler,mickey rourke,one of my all time favorite actors even with de bad facelift.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2009, 10:31:14 PM »
now takeen gran torino,damn good,definitly oscar worthy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 11:35:46 PM »
will definitly take the wrestler,mickey rourke,one of my all time favorite actors even with de bad facelift.

... playing Mick "Mankind" Foley.  Great story about Foley, after his wrestling career he became a successful writer, publishing two autobiographies... and donating much of his wealth (multiple times NY Times bestseller) to charity.

I dunno that I'm that interested as to check it out in the theatres, but will surely see it on DVD.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »

... playing Mick "Mankind" Foley.  Great story about Foley, after his wrestling career he became a successful writer, publishing two autobiographies... and donating much of his wealth (multiple times NY Times bestseller) to charity.

I dunno that I'm that interested as to check it out in the theatres, but will surely see it on DVD.
back in de day mickey make some good flicks.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »
elite squad

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2009, 04:56:41 PM »
Controversial,
                   Elite squad, the brazilian flick. Good movie.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2009, 07:50:59 PM »
saw slumdog today,decent,but gran torino way better yet clint get nutten in de upcomin oscars.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »
Saw The Wrestler today. Excellent film. Definitely not a date movie though. I need to check the odds but Rourke has to be an Oscar favourite. It is the kind of role they like.

... playing Mick "Mankind" Foley. 

I didn't see any Foley references other than the fact that he was in a match using barbed wire. I think I also read a review by Foley where he didn't have any connection to the film other than passing up a chance to consult on it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 07:33:51 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2009, 08:35:24 PM »
Saw The Wrestler today. Excellent film. Definitely not a date movie though. I need to check the odds but Rourke has to be an Oscar favourite. It is the kind of role they like.

I didn't see any Foley references other than the fact that he was in a match using barbed wire. I think I also read a review by Foley where he didn't have any connection to the film other than passing up a chance to consult on it.

Yeah you're right, I overstated how much it had to do with Foley.  I'd read a NYT review which stated that the character was based on Foley, I swear about a month ago... looked for it but can't find it.  Quite possible that I was hallucinating, lol.  Here's a review that he wrote for Slate online... http://www.slate.com/id/2207076/ kind make me want to check it out.

------

Saw Pathfinder last night, wasn't really expecting much... but man, what a nice decent movie.  It tells the story of the Vikings arrival in North America a couple centuries before Columbus and ponders why despite the early contact they never lasted.  The story is seen thru the eyes of the protagonist "Ghost" (Karl Urban, "Bourne Identity"), who is found alive in a wrecked Viking slaver and adopted by an Indian tribe.  His name derives from his obvious pale complexion, as he grows up and becomes one of the tribe, which years later find themselves under siege by a marauding band of Vikings who consider them savages- funny in itself, since the Vikings both in this movie and in real life weren't exactly known as exemplars of civilized behavior.

Ghost must lead the displaced tribe to safety and in the process try and find his true self, torn as he is between two worlds.  Good movie.

http://www.imdb.com/rg/VIDEO_PLAY/LINK//video/screenplay/vi4020175129/

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2009, 12:03:22 PM »

Yeah you're right, I overstated how much it had to do with Foley.  I'd read a NYT review which stated that the character was based on Foley, I swear about a month ago... looked for it but can't find it.  Quite possible that I was hallucinating, lol.  Here's a review that he wrote for Slate online... http://www.slate.com/id/2207076/ kind make me want to check it out.

------

Saw Pathfinder last night, wasn't really expecting much... but man, what a nice decent movie.  It tells the story of the Vikings arrival in North America a couple centuries before Columbus and ponders why despite the early contact they never lasted.  The story is seen thru the eyes of the protagonist "Ghost" (Karl Urban, "Bourne Identity"), who is found alive in a wrecked Viking slaver and adopted by an Indian tribe.  His name derives from his obvious pale complexion, as he grows up and becomes one of the tribe, which years later find themselves under siege by a marauding band of Vikings who consider them savages- funny in itself, since the Vikings both in this movie and in real life weren't exactly known as exemplars of civilized behavior.

Ghost must lead the displaced tribe to safety and in the process try and find his true self, torn as he is between two worlds.  Good movie.

it reminds me of ah movie i saw when i was about 4ft high with lee majors,it was called norseman.not as brutal.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2009, 12:06:23 PM »
Training Day
what ah shitty movie
maybe I missed something while watching it
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2009, 12:43:40 PM »
Training Day
what ah shitty movie
decent movie IMO.great cast,good story line.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »

------

it reminds me of ah movie i saw when i was about 4ft high with lee majors,it was called norseman.not as brutal.

I remember Norseman... never saw it, but ah remember when the movie came out.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2009, 03:14:36 PM »
saw slumdog today,decent,but gran torino way better yet clint get nutten in de upcomin oscars.

disagree jus saw gran torino, but thought slum dog was one up maybe because it was different,

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2009, 03:34:44 PM »
Training Day
what ah shitty movie
decent movie IMO.great cast,good story line.
all ya say there is true buh ok den explain the ending where the gangs let the homey go and did nothing to Alonzo...I must be come back late from a commercial break....

ok ok I jest read the wiki about it and it is clearer now
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2009, 08:50:49 AM »
EHy Norseman and pathfinder is 2 decent movie.

I like the hack and slash genre. LORT, Conan, 300, Gladiator, Braveheart...it just have something bout getting yuh head chop off or a arrow in yuh chest. The dreadest was a man in Braveheart collect a sledgehammer in he chest and fold up. Pure kicks.

They had one long time...cyar remember it with a barbarian fella and he had a bow that used to leggo some light up silver arrows...the baddie was a sexy woman with a silver/goldmask and a snake.

Last show I see was 7 pounds...will smith. I ent find it was bad.

I want to see Underworld and Grand Torino...the pirates have it already.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2009, 02:03:43 PM »
EHy Norseman and pathfinder is 2 decent movie.

I like the hack and slash genre. LORT, Conan, 300, Gladiator, Braveheart...it just have something bout getting yuh head chop off or a arrow in yuh chest. The dreadest was a man in Braveheart collect a sledgehammer in he chest and fold up. Pure kicks.

They had one long time...cyar remember it with a barbarian fella and he had a bow that used to leggo some light up silver arrows...the baddie was a sexy woman with a silver/goldmask and a snake.

Last show I see was 7 pounds...will smith. I ent find it was bad.

I want to see Underworld and Grand Torino...the pirates have it already.
underworld lookin good.braveheart,one of de best movies ever made.

1]; } ?>