March 28, 2024, 10:43:27 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275123 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2010, 09:29:23 AM »
waltz with bashir is a strange one. it's an animated quasi-historical perspective of the civil war in beirut in the early 1980s from an IDF soldier's perspective. the animation is real cool. the narrative is dark and troubling. good flick if yuh into history, social commentary and animation.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2010, 10:12:26 AM »

-------------------------------

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is boss... a detective flick really, but only is civilians doing the detective work to revice a cold case involving the 40-year old mystery about the disapperance of a young girl.  Instead they stumble into investigating a serial killer at work.

There's a follow up to that coming out this summer called The Girl Who Played With Fire... I checking for that when it come out.

Check out the Millennium Trilogy series of novels by the late Stieg Larsson.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, were first published in 2005, 2006 and 2007 respectively.

Fun reading

Movie #2 "The Girl Who Played With Fire" was released (limited) in Canada a few week ago but only playing for more extended at the independent movie houses.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 19, 2010, 10:53:47 AM »
I just saw A History Of Violence yesterday. Decent flick. I won't suggest buying it but if you renting give this flick a try. It a bit slow but interesting, to say the least. The Fella Tom or whoever he really is real take down some bad man.

44 Inch Chest. No action but the dialogue is worth a look. Some old mafia fellas decide to kidnap a young fella and give him some serious kickass for thiefing one a them wife. Good jones.

Also Bucket List. Two ole man (Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman) end up in the same hospital room with cancer and decide to enjoy the last days of their life.

Leave it up to Jack to take a boring tail movie and make something of it  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:00:45 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 19, 2010, 11:33:06 AM »

-------------------------------

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is boss... a detective flick really, but only is civilians doing the detective work to revice a cold case involving the 40-year old mystery about the disapperance of a young girl.  Instead they stumble into investigating a serial killer at work.

There's a follow up to that coming out this summer called The Girl Who Played With Fire... I checking for that when it come out.

Check out the Millennium Trilogy series of novels by the late Stieg Larsson.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest, were first published in 2005, 2006 and 2007 respectively.

Fun reading

Movie #2 "The Girl Who Played With Fire" was released (limited) in Canada a few week ago but only playing for more extended at the independent movie houses.

yeah after seeing the movie ah read up on it and saw the info about the Millenium Trilogy... I cyah find time to read doh  :-\

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »

yeah after seeing the movie ah read up on it and saw the info about the Millenium Trilogy... I cyah find time to read doh  :-\

easy reading man .. you can whip through the books in no time.  I found though I began to slow down my reading speed cause I did not want to finish them too soon.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2010, 02:12:16 PM »

easy reading man .. you can whip through the books in no time.  I found though I began to slow down my reading speed cause I did not want to finish them too soon.

Man I have three books waiting on me on my shelf... including one that's been there 2 1/2 yrs now called "In The Heart of the Sea" about a shipwrecked crew in a lifeboat having to resort to murder and cannibalism to survive.  True story too... just can't find the time to open it as interested as I am.

Will try and check out the trilogy still though.  Last book I read was "A Civil Action" about three yrs ago... good movie too, starring John Travolta.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 20, 2010, 07:35:50 AM »
Anyobdy saw Piranha and The Expendables yet ?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 20, 2010, 08:37:49 AM »
Anyobdy saw Piranha and The Expendables yet ?

me an' ah frien see d trailer saturday in cin\8, she ent want to go nowhere near dat, d girl say "IN 3D ?.....ME? YOU MAD?......IT HAVE TAXI AN' BUS"loud loud in d people cinema..............an' she is d one wit d wheels :'( :'( so unless ah traveling :'( :'( ah ha to wait for d dvd SO..... :'( :'( :(
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:25:09 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 24, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
interesting short i found while check some zouk-compas music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHPfUt9ylo&feature=related

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 24, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »
Saw 'Son of Man' an African take on the life of Jesus, updated with a modern interpretation of Jesus as a liberation fighter in an unnamed civil war-ravaged African nation.

The acting was bad and the story was weak... but some may like it.

Also saw 'The Fourth Kind'... a tale of alien encounters, supposedly based on a real story.  Seems instead that they went for the mockumentary approach ala 'Blair Witch Project' and failed miserably. Milla Jovovich was the lead actress and I like she, but unless she half-naked and shooting zombies I find she's ah waste ah time.  As was this movie.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2010, 06:22:30 AM »
saw salt las night, dat movie was like ah dramatic car chase..................d plot was tryin to loose you at every turn
I pity the fool....

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
Also saw 'The Fourth Kind'... a tale of alien encounters, supposedly based on a real story.  Seems instead that they went for the mockumentary approach ala 'Blair Witch Project' and failed miserably. Milla Jovovich was the lead actress and I like she, but unless she half-naked and shooting zombies I find she's ah waste ah time.  As was this movie.

I thought this wasn't totally bad but was an average movie to me. I gave it a 50/ 50.

B & S, take in Blood Creek and tell me what you think.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
I thought this wasn't totally bad but was an average movie to me. I gave it a 50/ 50.

B & S, take in Blood Creek and tell me what you think.

K... will add it to mih queue and let yuh know.  :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
For a bess kick up look at I.P Man...donny yuen is d star...Bruce Lee teacher.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 27, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »
Anything by Al Pacino...d man dat good

Favourites
Tony Montana-Scarface
Donny Brasco
Glengarry Glenross
Carlito's Way
Scent of a Woman....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2010, 08:12:15 PM »
Just saw "Date Night" and "The Box"... both of them were wastes of time.

Steve Carell is a funny dude, and Tina Fey is hilarious... but it didn't translate very well here.  The story is weak as ass and Steve Carell might as well be playing the same character he played in Jim Almighty, or wait... was it The 40-year old Virgin... or maybe it was The Office?  Yeah, time to develop a little bit of range.  And I like his movies but for some reason the silliness was overly irritating this time around.  Tina Fey didn't really add much to the movie either.  She's good on the small screen and better on SNL, here she just didn't do it for me.

As for "The Box"... steups.  James Marsden (Cyclops from X-Men) and Cameron Diaz play a couple who are visited by a mysterious guest with a proposition... if they push the button on a box they get $1million dollars... but someone, a stranger will die.  Good premise, but very strange, very confusing script.  Small part "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", small part "The Invasion", small part "The Stepford Wives".

None of it really works.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »
From Paris With Love was a surprisingly entertaining and unpredictable movie. I never really knew where it was going, which is a rarity in modern day cinema filled with obvious and sometimes non-sensical plot twists.

I was also pleasantly surprised that it wasn't pure shite, which is the way it was shapin up to be from the trailer.

A sh*tty trailer almost always means a sh*tty movie.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »
Sick girl..... ,low budget ,bad acting ,memorable .

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »
lottery ticket was decent
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 01, 2010, 12:17:11 AM »
From Paris With Love was a surprisingly entertaining and unpredictable movie. I never really knew where it was going, which is a rarity in modern day cinema filled with obvious and sometimes non-sensical plot twists.

I was also pleasantly surprised that it wasn't pure shite, which is the way it was shapin up to be from the trailer.

It was aiite... Travolta character was real over the top though.  That and the plot had me steupsing throughout.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 01, 2010, 06:37:10 AM »

It was aiite... Travolta character was real over the top though.  That and the plot had me steupsing throughout.
since JT rejuvenated his career with pulp fiction ah will take een any movie he in.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 01, 2010, 07:11:57 AM »

But you had to admit the plot twist was a surprise. I didn't see that one coming at all.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 01, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
DEFIANCE- another Holocast story I never heard about
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 01, 2010, 05:50:28 PM »
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 01, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »

From paris with love I thought was seriously lacking in creativity and the acting was as Bakes said; Way over the top from Travolta. Somehow I just don't enjoy the grease man movies as much. I thought the trailer was wonderful. Put it in mih queue hoping for the best. As I suspected, it would be lacking.Don't know what it is about movies with him.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:38:07 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 01, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
Today I take in Clash Of The titans and totally enjoyed it. No one should even be thinking of watching this movie without a sound Surround System in their arsenal. Without one you would be hearing less than average. I didn't see this in Theatres but was salivating for Audio/Visual effects. People thought it wasn't all that but I enjoyed it so much that I refused to return it. Got to see it just one more time. I gave this a 4.5 stars out of 5.

Unthinkable. Total Suspense. Loved it. Can't say the last time I saw a top of line suspense movie as Samuel seem to do well with these insane kind of characters. 5 Star

Legion. Little bit too much for me but still kept my interest to see what they will come with next. 3.5
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:08:52 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 01, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »

But you had to admit the plot twist was a surprise. I didn't see that one coming at all.

Which one?  The one central to the movie involving she... or the decoy?  I pick up on both to be honest.

I ponging Travolta hear but I real like him as an actor... on a personal level too I give him nuff props for returning to work so soon after his son's death.  Different people deal with grief in different ways.

Today I take in Clash Of The titans and totally enjoyed it. No one should even be thinking of watching this movie without a sound Surround System in their arsenal. Without one you would be hearing less than average. I didn't see this in Theatres but was salivating for Audio/Visual effects. People thought it wasn't all that but I enjoyed it so much that I refused to return it. Got to see it just one more time. I gave this a 4.5 stars out of 5.

Unthinkable. Total Suspense. Loved it. Can't say the last time I saw a top of line suspense movie as Samuel seem to do well with these insane kind of characters. 5 Star

Legion. Little bit too much for me but still kept my interest to see what they will come with next. 3.5

You have more belly than men... I was totally psyched about seeing Clash of the Titans, being a big fan of the 1981 original with Harry Hamlin.  All ah that was for nought... they try to hide a kindergarten plot behind some CGI bells and whistles and it really ent wuk.  Peter Travers from Rolling Stone call it "a sham, with good actors going for the paycheck and using beards and heavy makeup to hide their shame." LOL

Ent see Unthinkable yet... but I enjoyed Legion even though ah find they take too much poetic license with the biblical mythology.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:38 PM »

You have more belly than men... I was totally psyched about seeing Clash of the Titans, being a big fan of the 1981 original with Harry Hamlin.  All ah that was for nought... they try to hide a kindergarten plot behind some CGI bells and whistles and it really ent wuk.  Peter Travers from Rolling Stone call it "a sham, with good actors going for the paycheck and using beards and heavy makeup to hide their shame." LOL

Anything that surpass the 1980's one I glad. I consider it an upgrade. ;D

Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2010, 11:45:23 PM »

Yuh mad or what... that Ray Harryhausen stop-action thing was de heights ah special FX back in de day, lol

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 02, 2010, 07:55:59 AM »

Yuh mad or what... that Ray Harryhausen stop-action thing was de heights ah special FX back in de day, lol

I with you... dis new one was real balls... even considering they had a clockwork owl in de first one lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>