March 28, 2024, 04:28:41 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275079 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #570 on: August 28, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »
i want to check out colombiana it looks good. zoe saldana is  :drool:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 28, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »
i want to check out colombiana it looks good. zoe saldana is  :drool:

Decent movie, just see it, plot a little one dimensional, but decent action flick all the same, Zoe look boss  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2011, 05:35:36 AM »
saw "Blitz", not a bad movie to rent, check it out :beermug:

Saw it as well and it was entertaining. It's on Netflix streaming. For those who find Jason Statham roles to be repetitive (i.e. the British Jackie Chan) this one is different as it is more of a traditional crime drama.

Also watched an Australian film called "The Reef" which was similar to "Open Water". Good ole shark flick based on actual events, even though yuh know what going to happen it is still gripping drama.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 29, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 29, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »
I moving lil late here but X-Men first class was very very good.

If no one mentioned it before...it was very well put together, good action. I like how X and Magneto story went and how the mutants chose sides.

You could also appreciate the cameo roles and how in the previous X-men, how and why characters interacted with each other on the level that they do.

Take it in...good stuff

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »
In my opinion, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was bullocks. I think among my friends, im he only one with that view  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
I ent see planet of the apes but to me...you don't find is a kinda racist/slavery thing?

From since the previous cartoons, tv series, movies....charlton heston days... I just find is a kinda slavery concept disguised as entertainment.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
I ent see planet of the apes but to me...you don't find is a kinda racist/slavery thing?

From since the previous cartoons, tv series, movies....charlton heston days... I just find is a kinda slavery concept disguised as entertainment.

http://atlantapost.com/2011/08/17/how-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-steals-black-political-imagery/

Touches, this article talks about how the movie shows some resemblance to moments in black history. interesting read

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
Colombiana wasn't bad. They coulda work on the script a little bit though.

Expect Zoe to be in a higher quality movie.  But then this is probably a vehicle to launch her as a solo star.
Nice scene in the beginning where the schoolgir had to run from the Mafia. Doh want to say more to spoil it for yuh.

Rise of the Apes wasn't bad. They had to come up with a good reason as to why the Apes became so evolved. Now they have to link it to how the hell they end up with talking apes and guns on another planet.

If Zoe do a lesbo scene with Halle Berry - dat go sell out right dey.
Now soembody go steal meh idea and made de movie.  ;D

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »

Expect Zoe to be in a higher quality movie.  But then this is probably a vehicle to launch her as a solo star.
Nice scene in the beginning where the schoolgir had to run from the Mafia. Doh want to say more to spoil it for yuh.

Rise of the Apes wasn't bad. They had to come up with a good reason as to why the Apes became so evolved. Now they have to link it to how the hell they end up with talking apes and guns on another planet.

VB

Well I ent watch this one but as far as I know the Planet of the Apes series is on Earth in de future... it never had no next planet
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2011, 08:32:55 PM »

VB

Well I ent watch this one but as far as I know the Planet of the Apes series is on Earth in de future... it never had no next planet

in the old episodes, it was an alternate reality and also in the distant future, i don't know anything about another planet

the last installment with wahlberg showed he went into the future and then he went further into the future afterwards a 2nd time

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 02, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »

VB

Best scene in de whole movie, followed by a close 2nd wid de prison hit
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 02, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »

VB

in the old episodes, it was an alternate reality and also in the distant future, i don't know anything about another planet

the last installment with wahlberg showed he went into the future and then he went further into the future afterwards a 2nd time

There might be a miscomprehension here. The old one. Charlton Heston was inthe future Earth. And all the Ape movies were based on our Earth.

With Walbergh, he got lost on another planet - not Earth. When he got away, he landed on our Earth. But it was a society run by Apes. What freak him out was that the Abe Lincoln statue in Washington had an Ape with the same pose.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 02, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »

VB

There might be a miscomprehension here. The old one. Charlton Heston was inthe future Earth. And all the Ape movies were based on our Earth.

With Walbergh, he got lost on another planet - not Earth. When he got away, he landed on our Earth. But it was a society run by Apes. What freak him out was that the Abe Lincoln statue in Washington had an Ape with the same pose.

VB

Well looks like I am partly wrong. Althought I am sure in the Walberg version he landed on planet that wasn't earth. Turns out Ris of the Apes is a reboot, not a sequel. However, you'll notice that a rocket was lost in Space i Rise - so that should pave the way for a sequel.

Apparently, although Walberg's movie was successful, the director - Tim Burton didn't wish to do a sequel.
They coulda just blank he ass nad use another director.

VB

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #584 on: September 02, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »
The Planet of The Apes series is the definition of creators “making it up as they go along”.

You are right about the Wahlberg movie, the final scene was just to put a shock in there to match the iconic original movie but there is no way for them to really hold on to that final scene and reconcile it in a sequel.

You are also right about the first series. It was all based on our earth and it had a time paradox where the intelligent Apes of the future, travelling back to the past, were instrumental in the events that led to the eventual fall of man.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #585 on: September 02, 2011, 11:08:24 AM »

VB

VB

Well looks like I am partly wrong. Althought I am sure in the Walberg version he landed on planet that wasn't earth. Turns out Ris of the Apes is a reboot, not a sequel. However, you'll notice that a rocket was lost in Space i Rise - so that should pave the way for a sequel.

Apparently, although Walberg's movie was successful, the director - Tim Burton didn't wish to do a sequel.
They coulda just blank he ass nad use another director.

VB

wahlberg travelled to earth in the future when he went through the wormhole, cesar's father i believe was hiding the truth about what humans were in the past, wahlberg left again, thinking he could go back to the past, instead he journeyed into the future where apes were much more advanced and ruled the earth

the heston version was almost the same scenario

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »

It was not an alternate reality.

The Planet of The Apes series is the definition of creators “making it up as they go along”.

You are right about the Wahlberg movie, the final scene was just to put a shock in there to match the iconic original movie but there is no way for them to really hold on to that final scene and reconcile it in a sequel.

You are also right about the first series. It was all based on our earth and it had a time paradox where the intelligent Apes of the future, travelling back to the past, were instrumental in the events that led to the eventual fall of man.

No different from Terminator...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:24:23 PM by Bakes »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #587 on: September 02, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »

It was not an alternate reality.

No different from Terminator...

my bad, meant to delete that  :beermug:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #588 on: September 05, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes last night.
giving it a cool 6 out of 10.
Lovely Frieda Pinto needed more lines instead of those sound bites. She's a vet for pete's sake, surely she had more input in this animal story? Lithgow was his inimitable self. The neighbour had a corbeau peeing on him all through the movie. Franco needs acting lessons for his face.
Was that Malfoy as the zoo keeper's son?
Ending was dotish as hell.
All Hail Caesar.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:31:52 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 05, 2011, 12:02:23 PM »
Lovely Frieda Pinto needed more lines instead of those sound bites. She's a vet for pete's sake, surely she had more input in this animal story? Lithgow was his inimitable self. The neighbour had a corbeau peeing on him all through the movie. Franco needs acting lessons for his face.
All Hail Caesar.

Saw it last night as well... I'd rate it much higher, like an 8.  Much better than I expected.  Freida Pinto is lovely to look at, but that's about it.  Even with her minimal lines I heard her Bollywood accent peeking thru... in addition to her not having a very substantial role in the movie, I imagine that this was a consideration in minimizing her lines. 

I'm curious to know what effect ALZ-13 has on humans... although I have a very good idea.
Probably my favorite part was where Ceasar spoke for the first time... powerful.

Liked the little nods to the original movies: the "filthy ape" line, the statue of Liberty that Caesar plays with, the Jeep Waggoneer that Franco drives (from "Escape from the Planet of the Apes") etc.

Ending was fine for me... sets up the sequel brilliantly if they so desire.

p.s. yeah, that was Malfoy as the son of the shelter owner.  The owner himself is played by Brian Cox, another brilliant British character actor.  Most would know him as Col. Stryker in X2, few might remember him from Spike Lee's "The 25th Hour", one of my all-time favorite movies.  Even fewer will know him for having initiated the role of "Hannibal Lechter" in a 1986 movie called "Manhunter", the first treatment of Thomas Harris' most famous character, later remade as "Red Dragon"... another of my all-time favorite movies.  Reading between the lines, one can tell I'm a big Edward Norton fan ("25th Hour" and "Red Dragon").

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also saw Don't Be Afraid of the Dark which was decent... the humans in the movie were even more dotish than the child, but all in all it wasn't bad.  Nice twist on a traditional fairy tale character... I figured early on in the movie that this is where they were going but ah wasn't sure. 

Guillermo Del Toro directed... one of my favorite directors, he did "Blade II".  He also wrote and directed "Pan's Labyrinth" and "The Devil's Backbone" two more on my list of my all-time favorites.

I'm not a fan of Katie Holmes... even less so after she married Tom Cruise... but dang she looked good in that movie.

Also saw "Captain America" and was very pleasantly surprised.  I really wasn't expecting much from this movie at all, yet it was brilliantly executed, they did a great job of not taking themselves too serious.  The storyline worked very well and the action scenes were well scripted and executed.  I loved that they went the extra mile to not demonize all Germans, just the Nazis... as well as to make the cast ethnically inclusive, even if that meant blurring reality a little.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:18:08 PM by Bakes »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #590 on: September 05, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »

Saw it last night as well... I'd rate it much higher, like an 8.  Much better than I expected.  Freida Pinto is lovely to look at, but that's about it.  Even with her minimal lines I heard her Bollywood accent peeking thru... in addition to her not having a very substantial role in the movie, I imagine that this was a consideration in minimizing her lines. 

I'm curious to know what effect ALZ-13 has on humans... although I have a very good idea.
Probably my favorite part was where Ceasar spoke for the first time... powerful.

Ending was fine for me... sets up the sequel brilliantly if they so desire.

p.s. yeah, that was Malfoy as the son of the shelter owner.  The owner himself is played by Brian Cox, another brilliant British character actor.  Most would know him as Col. Stryker in X2, few might remember him from Spike Lee's "The 25th Hour", one of my all-time favorite movies.  Even fewer will know him for having initiated the role of "Hannibal Lechter" in a 1986 movie called "Manhunter", the first treatment of Thomas Harris' most famous character, later remade as "Red Dragon"... another of my all-time favorite movies.  Reading between the lines, one can tell I'm a big Edward Norton fan ("25th Hour" and "Red Dragon").

What's wrong with the Bollywood accent though? I was reading elsewhere where people were upset that our Miss Universe candidate didn't have an authentic accent.
ah well..it didn't bother me.
The end asked too much from me though. The apes just killed countless police and trashed places and Franko is saying "hey come home I'll protect you." An ape just talked to you and you barely register a raised eyebrow? People going about their business, nothing is said about the fact that hundreds of apes now own the park across the harbour. Dude dons his pilot suit and gets onboard dripping blood.
yes it sets up the series but not brilliantly at all - rather disingenuously and at the expense of a solid ending to the first of a series. Roddy McDowell would be incensed...lol
Recognized the zookeeper from X2 but I'm too much of a wuss to have seen those other movies.
Malfoy has stereotyped himself into an unlikeable sort - whether blue blooded wizard or red necked hick...yick.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:44:25 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 05, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
What's wrong with the Bollywood accent though? I was reading elsewhere where people were upset that our Miss Universe candidate didn't have an authentic accent.
ah well..it didn't bother me.
The end asked too much from me though. The apes just killed countless police and trashed places and Franko is saying "hey come home I'll protect you." An ape just talked to you and you barely register a raised eyebrow? People going about their business, nothing is said about the fact that hundreds of apes now own the park across the harbour. Dude dons his pilot suit and gets onboard dripping blood.
yes it sets up the series but not brilliantly at all - rather disingenuously and at the expense of a solid ending to the first of a series. Roddy McDowell would be incensed...lol
Recognized the zookeeper from X2 but I'm too much of a wuss to have seen those other movies.
Malfoy has stereotyped himself into an unlikeable sort - whether blue blooded wizard or red necked hick...yick.

Nothing at all wrong with the accent, but it may have necessitated a rewriting of "Caroline's" character.  I'm not sure what her background was supposed to be, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't intended as an Indian immigrant.  Which calls into question how the casting call was done and a decision made without consideration of her accent (if my hunch is correct that her accent is prominent), and if that indeed were the case, why they didn't simply amend the script to suit.

There were plenty holes in the script for me... particularly the ending.  I won't get into too much detail as to spoil it for those who haven't seen the film, but two:

- how Jacobs escaped from GenSus is beyond me, let alone to have him climb fairly comfortably into the helicopter waiting.

- not sure why the police stopped shooting as the apes charged on the bridge (caesar's "charge")

- there are others that just escape me right now.

Franco's character is that of a nurturer, perhaps scripted too stereotypically so, but it is what it is.  He was naive in thinking he could get the horses back in the barn, agreed.  As for Caesar speaking to him without much of a reaction, the way I see it is that he spent the better part of 5-10 years being constantly amazed by this chimp... the liberation of the other apes, Caesar's charge of the not-so-light brigade... at that point I think to have him react with shock mighta been a bit disingenuous.  Only thing that really 'bothered' me about that ending was... apes just upset the evolutionary order and about to plant the seed for displacing mankind... and they flee San Francisco for... Muir Woods??  It's not literally right across the bay as portrayed in the movie, but it's a 10-minute drive from San Francisco... hardly a refuge from mankind's pursuit.

Not a perfect setup, could have been neater... but I still think it was brilliantly done.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:10:23 PM by Bakes »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 06, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
All Hail Caesar.

Hmmm...might see this one soon.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 06, 2011, 01:51:31 PM »
Anyone ever see 'Night catches us'  with Anthony Mackie and Kerry Washington?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 06, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

dais about ah state of emergency?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 06, 2011, 03:02:03 PM »

lol!  its about a former black panther informant who retruns home for the funeral of his father and deal with the consequences of his former life.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 06, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 16, 2011, 01:32:24 PM »
somebody bring 2 brazilian flim in mih place dis week

1st is Antonia.....kinda like a potogee version of dreamgirls, good story, decent acting

2nd was Madame Sata....about a gyangsta macomeh man in 1930's rio...  real good   acting (apparently a true story too)

some ah allyuh does play extra macho so be forewarned it have ah semi rainbow flag 'love' scene dat might shrivel yuh flagpole or hoist it dependin on which side ah de closet yuh plan to buss out of
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:38 PM »
somebody bring 2 brazilian flim in mih place dis week

1st is Antonia.....kinda like a potogee version of dreamgirls, good story, decent acting

2nd was Madame Sata....about a gyangsta macomeh man in 1930's rio...  real good   acting (apparently a true story too)

some ah allyuh does play extra macho so be forewarned it have ah semi rainbow flag 'love' scene dat might shrivel yuh flagpole or hoist it dependin on which side ah de closet yuh plan to buss out of
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2011, 06:30:31 PM »

Thanks, I just watched and enjoyed it a lot.

1]; } ?>