March 28, 2024, 03:54:06 PM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275183 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »
nowhere boy - story of young john lennon and the formation of the beatles

check it out, i enjoyed it :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
The Counterfeiters - German-language film during WW2
The Tunnel - Aussie horror film.  Really enjoyed this one.
Rec - Spanish horror film. Quarantine was a Hollywood remake of this.  Lots of fun.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 11, 2011, 09:00:44 AM »
Avengers trailer come out!!

What say you guys and girls?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuR3wSKeNOc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xuR3wSKeNOc</a>
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 11, 2011, 09:58:56 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xuR3wSKeNOc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xuR3wSKeNOc</a>

Goosebumps!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 11, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
ah must see in de teartah
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 11, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »
ferrr sherrrr....

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #636 on: October 11, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »

borseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i saw the mini trailer a little while agoand i believe hulk has an early face off with thor  :o according to speculation

im expecting alot from this movie being an avenger fan, downey will have boss lines as usual and fighting loki will be interesting

would like to see how ruffalo does as hulk, norton imo did an excellent job, definitely an imax experience for this movie

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 11, 2011, 01:41:49 PM »
I hearing ironman hulkbuster armor...

but plenty rumours surrounding this movie
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #638 on: October 11, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »
I hearing ironman hulkbuster armor...

but plenty rumours surrounding this movie

plenty rumors.....

i'm even hearing this is a warm up to Marvel vs. DC  in the coming years :o

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2011, 10:16:07 AM »
Marvel vs DC sound like complete shite. Hope iz not true.

This trailer was kinda average in my opinion. I real hyped for the movie despite it though.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #640 on: October 12, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Marvel vs DC sound like complete shite. Hope iz not true.

This trailer was kinda average in my opinion. I real hyped for the movie despite it though.

maybe to you but the possibility of marvel vs dc is borse, of course the avid comic book fans see the substance in it

the trailer was good, giving away all the best scenes in a trailer can be anti climatic for the movie watcher

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 12, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »

Goosebumps!
Yessahhhhhh, NIN real hype it up to.  Will be buying it once on BR
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #642 on: October 13, 2011, 03:34:36 AM »
As someoe who devoured these comics as a yute, can't wait.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 13, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
The trailer was not Awesome, but I can imagine how his will look in IMAX

COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 14, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »
"The trailer was not Awesome, but I can imagine how his will look in IMAX"

Co-sign. I eh need to see the best scenes in the trailer. Just some interesting ones. You could suggest what is going to happen as opposed to showing it.

As I said before Marvel vs DC sound like shit. And doubt they would agree to do that. Way too much good source comic material to venture down that road. Where you hearing those rumours?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 14, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »
I dunno how allyuh could watch dem "superhero" ting nuh.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 14, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »
I watched Fast Five recently.  This one was better than the last few.  Nice cars and nice women is always entertaining, but this one had a little bit more.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
dat trailer lame. what it have? some cars blowing up, a sweaty supervillain jumping up in the air with a stick, explosions, some fat popo running, sammy jackson and he eyepatch, thor, a man cuffing a punching bag, bad dialogue and fake-ass 'tension'.

what have we not seen here before?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 14, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
'The Secret of Kells' is a real decent little animated flick. Simple animation and storyline but very effective and very enjoyable IMO. Starts a little slow but real magic by the end.

http://newvideo.com/secretofkells/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:10:23 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #649 on: October 14, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »
'The Secret of Kells' is a real decent little animated flick. Simple animation and storyline but very effective and very enjoyable IMO. Starts a little slow but real magic by the end.

for comic book fans they will always be excited to see their childhood comic heroes in a feature film, especially with the advancement of special effects & graphics in movies now.

marvel will not use the best trailer, it will reveal too much, keep it simple and keep as much as a teaser as possible, let the fans keep thinking and talking

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #650 on: October 14, 2011, 05:04:28 PM »
I watched Fast Five recently.  This one was better than the last few.  Nice cars and nice women is always entertaining, but this one had a little bit more.

good movie, i liked it the best of all the previous movies  :beermug:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 14, 2011, 05:34:30 PM »

for comic book fans they will always be excited to see their childhood comic heroes in a feature film, especially with the advancement of special effects & graphics in movies now.

marvel will not use the best trailer, it will reveal too much, keep it simple and keep as much as a teaser as possible, let the fans keep thinking and talking

i understand the sentiment of people wanting to see childhood icons on the big screen. same way many enjoyed the lord of the rings trilogy or the chronicles of narnia. but the content of the trailer itself is not exceptional outside of that. the fact that it utilizes characters already proven to have happymeal cache brings out the cynic in me.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #652 on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:48 PM »
I also find the trailer have nothing to it. Exciting to know that they bringing the characters to screen but they done promote the hell out of that and all the characters appear in recent movies already so it ent nothing to see them in these short clips.

Also Marcos is right a Marvel vs DC will be a hot mess. One thing does kill these superhero franchises is character bloat. Every bad sequel (spider-man 3, Batman and Robin, X3) has an increase in villains or heroes. Avengers already in danger of that since it is kind of a sequel to IM, Captain America, Thor, Hulk and the cast relatively big.

Even IM which was the big success that make all the following ones possible had a piss poor sequel in IM2. No surprise there were 2 heroes and 2 antagonists.

Marvel vs DC would never happen but if it did the only way it would work is with one or two characters like Batman and Captain America, not an emsemble.

Also if you guys want to see a really good representation of the Avengers check out the 1st season of Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It should be on Netflix.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 15, 2011, 12:48:38 AM »
I also find the trailer have nothing to it. Exciting to know that they bringing the characters to screen but they done promote the hell out of that and all the characters appear in recent movies already so it ent nothing to see them in these short clips.

Also Marcos is right a Marvel vs DC will be a hot mess. One thing does kill these superhero franchises is character bloat. Every bad sequel (spider-man 3, Batman and Robin, X3) has an increase in villains or heroes. Avengers already in danger of that since it is kind of a sequel to IM, Captain America, Thor, Hulk and the cast relatively big.

Even IM which was the big success that make all the following ones possible had a piss poor sequel in IM2. No surprise there were 2 heroes and 2 antagonists.

Marvel vs DC would never happen but if it did the only way it would work is with one or two characters like Batman and Captain America, not an emsemble.

Also if you guys want to see a really good representation of the Avengers check out the 1st season of Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It should be on Netflix.

The subjectivity of this statement notwithstanding, this couldn't be any further from the truth.  Iron Man 2 was both a critical and box office success.  The critical reception and cost-to-profit ratio wasn't as impressive as the first one, but calling it "piss poor" is a gross exaggeration.

As for the trailer... it arrite, all the elements to get man ah li'l hype, but I was hype off the GI Joe: Rise of Cobra trailer and that  turn out to be utter bunk.  So we'll see. I must say... as I said a couple weeks ago, I was very pleasantly surprised by Captain America, and Thor, while not spectacular, was decent in its own right.  Not sure what that bodes for this movie though.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #654 on: October 15, 2011, 04:59:30 AM »
The subjectivity of this statement notwithstanding, this couldn't be any further from the truth.  Iron Man 2 was both a critical and box office success.  The critical reception and cost-to-profit ratio wasn't as impressive as the first one, but calling it "piss poor" is a gross exaggeration.

As for the trailer... it arrite, all the elements to get man ah li'l hype, but I was hype off the GI Joe: Rise of Cobra trailer and that  turn out to be utter bunk.  So we'll see. I must say... as I said a couple weeks ago, I was very pleasantly surprised by Captain America, and Thor, while not spectacular, was decent in its own right.  Not sure what that bodes for this movie though.

I admit that it was a very biased statement and that everybody else like it. I just think it was a huge drop off from IM. I would put it in X3 and Spider-man 3 category. I just think about it and remember that the black Widow was in it too so it is even a better example of useless character bloat in a sequel.

Also to me GI Joe look like tata from the trailer so I was able to watch it with zero expectations.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2011, 06:48:35 AM »
I admit that it was a very biased statement and that everybody else like it. I just think it was a huge drop off from IM. I would put it in X3 and Spider-man 3 category. I just think about it and remember that the black Widow was in it too so it is even a better example of useless character bloat in a sequel.

Also to me GI Joe look like tata from the trailer so I was able to watch it with zero expectations.

Agreed that Iron Man 2 didn't live up to the hype of the first... expected War Machine to play a bigger role, and coulda do with less camp and wisecracks.  Spiderman 3 same... I think the worst part of that movie was him wearing all black and dancing in the club that night... utter nonsense.  GI Joe was supposed to be the first of the S.H.I.E.L.D spin-offs following Iron Man, and the action sequels with Cobra bringing down the Eiffel Tower, and the motorbike chase... well, that was probably the two best scenes in the whole movie.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:49 PM »
i know this isn't a movie but is anyone into the walking dead series on AMC? season 2 starts tomorrow!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »
i know this isn't a movie but is anyone into the walking dead series on AMC? season 2 starts tomorrow!

yea breds, watched the entire season in one day, will be watching tomorrow, it should be good :beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #658 on: October 16, 2011, 06:21:29 AM »

yea breds, watched the entire season in one day, will be watching tomorrow, it should be good :beermug:

Also TV but better than a movie is Sherlock.

A BBC modernization with Holmes as a tech wizard and Watson as an Iraq vet. Quality. Season one was three 90 minute episodes and each one was as good as a big budget movie.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #659 on: October 16, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »

Also TV but better than a movie is Sherlock.

A BBC modernization with Holmes as a tech wizard and Watson as an Iraq vet. Quality. Season one was three 90 minute episodes and each one was as good as a big budget movie.

:beermug: wiil check that out breds

what was your opinion of ritchies sherlock, i thought the first one was brilliant, the second promises to be equally as good, lets hope

1]; } ?>