March 28, 2024, 06:45:52 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275093 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #660 on: October 16, 2011, 10:03:57 AM »
i know this isn't a movie but is anyone into the walking dead series on AMC? season 2 starts tomorrow!
yes, can't wait for tonight :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 16, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
as allyuh on comic books to movies an ting...somebody tell mih spielberg makin ah live action version of Tintin. I use to visually devour dem  books as a kid.    Should be good.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #662 on: October 16, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
as allyuh on comic books to movies an ting...somebody tell mih spielberg makin ah live action version of Tintin. I use to visually devour dem  books as a kid.    Should be good.

saw the trailer, it looks exceptionally good :beermug:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 16, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »

is live action? or just very very good CGI? I saw a bit of de trailer in a cinema... and first I thought it was live... but then ah say wait, is CGI?

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 16, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »

is live action? or just very very good CGI? I saw a bit of de trailer in a cinema... and first I thought it was live... but then ah say wait, is CGI?

what ever it is, it look weird.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 25, 2011, 07:24:33 PM »
j edgar lookin like tata.....leonardo land he first gay role.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 26, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
j edgar lookin like tata.....leonardo land he first gay role.

In The Basketball Diaries he had some aberrant behaviour.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2011, 11:15:30 AM »
For those who into de contemporary western movie genre, leh meh hear all yuh favorite. Mine is Tombstone.

Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday was dread in that role.  De showdown between him and Johnny Ringo, and de build up to it was epic. The movie may not have been an accurate depiction of what really went down at de O.K. Corral, but it was certainly entertaining.  Ah next fav is Young Guns 2...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:19:54 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 04, 2011, 02:59:12 PM »
For those who into de contemporary western movie genre, leh meh hear all yuh favorite. Mine is Tombstone.

Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday was dread in that role.  De showdown between him and Johnny Ringo, and de build up to it was epic. The movie may not have been an accurate depiction of what really went down at de O.K. Corral, but it was certainly entertaining.  Ah next fav is Young Guns 2...

yeah, kilmer real nail dat role.

my guilty pleasure: the quick and the dead. sharon stone real look good in dat one and leo di caprio was good. of course eastwood's the unforgiven was fantastic. ah haven't seen the remakes of 3:10 to yuma or true grit yet. thing is them old westerns had some real racism going on and hollywood get all liberal, so dey have to tread lightly with de remakes.

firebrand, yuh ever check out the tv series deadwood? that was a boss series. ian mcshane was 4king amazing as al swearengen. and ah real hate hbo for cancelling dat series.

aside: gene hackman really do a turn as the charismatic villain, even before the joker in those batman movies - ah mean hackman as lex luthor was absolute classic.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 04, 2011, 10:07:03 PM »
'I saw the Devil'
Not a horror...a wicked action/thriller. A Korean version of 'Hostel' combined with 'The Fugitive'

The ting so good you wouldnt even notice the subtitles
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 05, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »

my guilty pleasure: the quick and the dead. sharon stone real look good in dat one and leo di caprio was good. of course eastwood's the unforgiven was fantastic. ah haven't seen the remakes of 3:10 to yuma or true grit yet. thing is them old westerns had some real racism going on and hollywood get all liberal, so dey have to tread lightly with de remakes.

firebrand, yuh ever check out the tv series deadwood? that was a boss series. ian mcshane was 4king amazing as al swearengen. and ah real hate hbo for cancelling dat series.

aside: gene hackman really do a turn as the charismatic villain, even before the joker in those batman movies - ah mean hackman as lex luthor was absolute classic.

The Quick and the Dead was decent man... but I eh know what all de hype was about Unforgiven. I remember seeing it in the movie theatre and thinking it was a bit anticlimactic. Maybe I have to look at it again.

Yeah ah know about Deadwood. I never got the chance to really follow it though, but the one or two episodes I saw towards the end of the series was decent as well.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 05, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »
'I saw the Devil'
Not a horror...a wicked action/thriller. A Korean version of 'Hostel' combined with 'The Fugitive'

The ting so good you wouldnt even notice the subtitles

Yeh this was real boss.  I've been recommending it.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #672 on: December 06, 2011, 04:54:00 AM »

Ribbit,

you and I on the same page bro. I have almost nothing to add.

I have to say of the contemporary westerns, Unforgiven is the best for me. It gave you the feel of the West and not that of a glossy movie. And what a fkng cast.

Quick and the Dead was also pretty good.

3:10 to Yuma  and True Grit (remake) also pretty good.  But I have to say that by far and away the best was Unforgiven.
Never really understood why the series Deadwood was cancelled. Won enough awards.

Both Wyatt Earp movies were good. Thought that the Kevin Costner one was better. But the rold Val Kilmer played was amazing. Thought he should've won and Oscar for that. Never really noticed how brilliant he was until that role. It was becz of that performance I became a Kilmer fan. Unfortunatley he put on weight and his career kind of fizzled a bit. Pity, a really fine actor.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 06, 2011, 08:12:16 AM »
Open Range is a good modern western.  Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 06, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »

Thanks, I obviously missed out on this. Will try to check it out this week.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: December 07, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »

Thanks, I obviously missed out on this. Will try to check it out this week.

VB

Yes Peong. I checked it out. Good movie.

Another highly recommended one which I totally forgot to mention is Apaloosa starring and directed by Ed Harris. co starring Vigo Mortenson, Rene Zellweger  and Jeremy Irons.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2011, 08:06:24 AM »
Two movies which I saw recently and which I highly recommend are the Help and Warriors.

I believe the black woman who starred in the Help will get nominated for an Oscar.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 21, 2011, 02:47:34 PM »
Anybody chekcking out Dexter.

The last two episodes really throw me for a loop.

VB

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 23, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »
50/50 is a real good movie.
I watched the new Planet of the Apes movie too, that was ok. 
It had some real good scenes where Caesar was executing his plan.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: December 24, 2011, 01:55:07 PM »
Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows was boss. Ah think ah still prefer the first one, but this was really good too.

Looking forward to seeing Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next week... I skeptical about it since I loved the original, but will check it out all the same.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 24, 2011, 03:34:56 PM »
Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows was boss. Ah think ah still prefer the first one, but this was really good too.

Looking forward to seeing Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next week... I skeptical about it since I loved the original, but will check it out all the same.
I planning on seeing Tattoo next week too. Let's compare notes.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 24, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »
Keeping with the spirit of the season:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9RQlikX4vvw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9RQlikX4vvw</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 24, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »

Fer sherr...   ;D

Ah suppose to take it in on Friday.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #683 on: December 25, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »

will take it in on video... craig should do a stunning job and rooney is an up and coming actress

sherlock is a must see in the theaters....guy ritchie is an excellent director

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 26, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »
You guys will hate it but .A very Harold and Kumar Christmas is a classic in its genre ..

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 31, 2011, 04:15:06 PM »

Fer sherr...   ;D

Ah suppose to take it in on Friday.

Saw Girl with Dragon Tattoo and MI4 (IMAX) back to back.

Two movies that kept me at the edge of my seat using two different styles.

Tattoo was great, not excellent. I found having read the book before I saw version #1 helpful as some details in version #1 were not explained. Version 2 did a better job in this regard. Many details were included such as the relationship between Mikael and Erika and Mikael and Lisbeth. I like how the flashbacks worked to explain what happened the day Harriet disappeared. Version 2 was weak in showing the downfall of Wennerstrom though. Version 1 and version 2 each stand on their own as two great movies.  Both very enjoyable.

Watching MI4 in IMAX was fun. Lots of excitement.  Enjoyed that film for entirely different reasons.  So that's pretty much fill up my big screen quota for the next 6 months.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 31, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »
Don't know if it was mentioned in here before, and I might be rhell late to de dance..

But i watching a series here called Breaking Bad which have me hooked. Now about halfway through season 3 with one more season to go after and i can't get enough.

Series is about a high school chemistry teacher who found out he had cancer and decide to start making crystal meth. And is bacchanal after bacchanal.

What impresses me the most is the quality of the acting in the series, from the main character Walter White, to the wife.. Pretty much everyone in the show on top of their acting game.

Check out the imdb link here:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #687 on: December 31, 2011, 05:09:19 PM »
Don't know if it was mentioned in here before, and I might be rhell late to de dance..

But i watching a series here called Breaking Bad which have me hooked. Now about halfway through season 3 with one more season to go after and i can't get enough.

Series is about a high school chemistry teacher who found out he had cancer and decide to start making crystal meth. And is bacchanal after bacchanal.

What impresses me the most is the quality of the acting in the series, from the main character Walter White, to the wife.. Pretty much everyone in the show on top of their acting game.

Check out the imdb link here:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

bryan cranston is an excellent actor, breaking bad is a borse series.... if your into amc series, you should take een the walking dead as well

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #688 on: December 31, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
finally saw game of shadows, loved it.... have been a downey fan for quite some time....

like i mentioned to half baked previously, girl with the dragon tattoo will be good, that is next on the list... fincher is a borse, rooney mara and craig from what ive heard form an excellent team :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #689 on: December 31, 2011, 05:14:30 PM »
oh and on a side note, saw the trailer for the dark knight rises..... :o

WOW

that is all i have to say.... nolan, goyer and bale are remarkable....

1]; } ?>