March 28, 2024, 05:39:35 PM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275196 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #720 on: February 21, 2012, 02:48:09 AM »
Walk the Line.

The early years of Johnny Cash. Missed this movie when it first came out. Joaquim Phoenix and Reese Whitherspoon. Got nominated for five Oscars. Witherspoon her nomination. (2005).

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 21, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
Rare Exports - who see it?

I send that to my brother as a christmas present.
Is a new Christmas Tradition!

If you like that one, check out Troll Hunter.

Yeh I saw Troll Hunter earlier.  I enjoyed both.
I was real crackin up at the real Santa Claus bit.
Good acting too, the dad was a real good character.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 27, 2012, 07:43:38 AM »
Finally finished the entire Breaking Bad season yesterday and now can conclusively say that was the single most amazing piece of TV drama i have ever watched in my life. I rating it that highly.

The season 4 finale was simply breathtaking to the point where a day later i still thinking about the scene that play off there. There are entire sites, blogs and youtube videos dedicated to discussing the serious heights that play off there.

Cannot wait for season 5. Apparently it will be the final season, 16 episodes long.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 27, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »

I had tuh turn off Troll Hunter...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 27, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »

I had tuh turn off Troll Hunter...

Yuh recognize yuhself or wha?  :devil:

(yuh walk into that one, I couldn't resist)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 27, 2012, 12:50:27 PM »
I just watched Insidious, it was good for a few tense moments.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 27, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
Finally finished the entire Breaking Bad season yesterday and now can conclusively say that was the single most amazing piece of TV drama i have ever watched in my life. I rating it that highly.

The season 4 finale was simply breathtaking to the point where a day later i still thinking about the scene that play off there. There are entire sites, blogs and youtube videos dedicated to discussing the serious heights that play off there.

Cannot wait for season 5. Apparently it will be the final season, 16 episodes long.

Sad to say,, I now gettin into that....knew about it when it first started but for some reason I thought it was tata

somebody gimme the first 3 seasons on dvd fior christmas and I now start watchin dem last week....ah really shoulda watch it months ago...I get hooked
(except for the lone episode where sadis was chasin ah fly around the lab,,,that whole episode was crap)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 27, 2012, 03:54:56 PM »
de other day i ketch mehself lookin at a 1957 flick...affair in trinidad with rita hayworth...not much of anyting in it.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 27, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
Yuh recognize yuhself or wha?  :devil:

(yuh walk into that one, I couldn't resist)

Well I ent ugly (if I must say so mihself), so unless yuh calling mih ah forum troll... dah one eh really registering  ???

I just watched Insidious, it was good for a few tense moments.

**Slight Spoiler Alert!!**
Insidious was arrite... the concept of having to go down into purgatory was kinda creepy, but I was waiting fuh de big beast tuh show and in de end was more cheap scare tactics, smoke and mirror bullshit dan anything else.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark... not sure if I discuss it/it was discussed here already, but I saw these two around the same time so they tend to go hand in hand in my mind.  It was decent... an interesting take on the tooth fairy and some genuinely painful scenes, lol
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:17:50 PM by Bakes »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 28, 2012, 09:12:25 AM »
Act of Valor was nice...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
d new avengers trailer  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tY9DnBNJFTI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tY9DnBNJFTI</a>

I pity the fool....

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 01, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »
Have a bag full of movies for alyuh as I haven't posted in awhile. i'll give a star for level of interest. 1 being lowest and 5 highest.

Sniper Reloaded - Okay for the hour. Decent to pass some dead time(doh waste your money on buying this) 2.9 Stars

Swat: Fire Flight - Same as above 3.0 Stars

Eagle - good flick for the gladiator type viewer.3.5 Stars

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon - Some level of enetertainment made no sense to the interlectually minded. I was neither here nor there on this one. I think that should be the end of any thought of another Transformer movie. It ran its course 2.8 Stars

X-Men: First Class - I enjoyed seeing this and all the scenarios and making of the different characters of Magneto and Xavier. 3.5 Stars

Lincoln's Lawyer -  Good Directing. 3.5 Stars

Captain America - Other than the visuals(due to Bluray quality) and a little humour here and there I did not really see anything to hype about. Still decent though. 3.0 Stars

The Kings Speech - I enjoyed this even though it was a little slow. Good movie altogether. 3.5 Stars

Black Swan - A little dull but still wasn't bad. 3.0 Stars

Quarantine 2: Terminal - 3.0 Stars

Green Lantern - Nothing much in there to say other than the picture quality did look good(Due to Bluray). Another Avenger prlude. 3.2 Stars

Contagion - Not bad. For those germ Phobics, I would suggest do not watch. Make you think about all those public doors ways that you have to touch when moving around. 3.5 Stars

Hangover 2 - Got a few laughs in this one but was really an unnecessary sequel. Some of the scenes were like dejaveau because they happened in the first Hangover. Still entertaining though. 3.5 Stars

Warrior - One of these movies where you just root for the lead character no matter how wrong he seem to get things. Entertainment from start to end. 4.5 Stars

Real Steal - Loved this. Total entertainment and good story that will totally have you wanting more. 5 Stars

Black Belt - This was my sleeper movie Because I rented this with some apprehension, boy was i wrong. The characters in this was two ah de baddest men nothing beating them. Lacked a bit as the fight scenes was good but they just left you saying I could see a bit more licks. ;D  4 Stars

IP Man 2 - for anyone who've seen the fist IP Man this is as good or even better. Real licks pass in this. Totally entertaining from  start to end and ontop my list of best movies of all time. 5 Stars

Cowboys vs Aliens - for some people they didn't enjoy this but I thought it was well done as I enjoyed this alot. Sound effects were fantastic, loved it. 4 stars

Super 8 : This supposedly was a kids movie untill I began hearing profanity on two or three instances. The kids were excited to see this but were prevented in the end(my Wife and I usually watch a movie first to make sure the content is suitable for the children). I didn't really enjoy it much but loved the Train wreck as my sound system went into full turbulence mode for this. I think it may be worth a watch for some. I give it a 3.7 for story line and the sound effects
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:42:31 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 01, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
Hoss did you really just rate Green Lantern and Captain America above Transformers?  :yellowcard:

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 01, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
Hoss did you really just rate Green Lantern and Captain America above Transformers?  :yellowcard:

lol. Really I didn't enjoy them that much All three were duds to me. But I think some will enjoy them. Anything in the 2.8 - 3.8 is up in the air according to who sees it. If they in those areas they're average.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:03:24 PM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 02, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:52 AM »
Pass (10trini)

Take een IP Man 3

is like a prequel...it dreader than Ip2

http://www.amazon.com/Ip-Man-Legend-Born-2010/dp/B0041YI4ZO

http://www.amazon.com/IP-Man-Legend-Born-Grandmaster/dp/B0054EKDEU/ref=pd_cp_mov_3

About 4weeks back I saw that on the shelf in blockbuster and it's been on my mind ever since. I'll check it soon.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 07, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »
SMALL SPOILER ALERT....IP MAN 2

Enjoyed the movie but can't understand how a boxer could give a great martial artist so much problems.

VB

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 09, 2012, 03:08:29 PM »

Enjoyed the movie but can't understand how a boxer could give a great martial artist so much problems.

VB

I feel the same. Still it was great stuff though
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 09, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
I check out 13 Assassins (Jusan-nin no Shikaku) last night... BOSS samurai movie.  Blade pelting like peas... 13 samurais (well 12+1) vs. 200 swordsmen in ah li'l village.  De samurais had the benefit of holding up in the village before the attack and they well plan fuh de invaders with some booby trap and thing.  Boss... BOSS flick.

But den again, I into dem kinda things...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bSJLvBDWQK4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bSJLvBDWQK4</a>

Probably mih favorite scene... okay, nah it have one better, but this come close:

Pardner find heself up against about 50 swordsmen... and is just he and he apprentice.  He tell de apprentice tuh kill de ones who get past him LOL  :rotfl: :rotfl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pYZIXDChKq0&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pYZIXDChKq0&amp;feature=related</a>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:21:52 PM by Bakes »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 09, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
Don't really watch anything on TV, but football. However i love Westerns so I have recently been following
Hell on Wheels a good Western series and also the motorcycle version of a Western, Sons of Anarchy.

PS: Watched 13 Assassins on a flight recently, for those who love  kick up, entertaining,
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 10, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »
Don't really watch anything on TV, but football. However i love Westerns so I have recently been following
Hell on Wheels a good Western series and also the motorcycle version of a Western, Sons of Anarchy.

PS: Watched 13 Assassins on a flight recently, for those who love  kick up, entertaining,

I'm a freak for Westerns. I didn't know this one existed as I live abroad. Going to check it out today.
Thanks Observer.

VB

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:22 PM »
Took in Safe House with Denzel Washington last week...

Decent CIA thriller with some good action throughout. Not really a big fan of the lead actor Ryan Reynolds, especially for a serious kinda flick like this but Denzil was Denzil.

I find alot of the fight scenes was borrowed straight out of Bourne Identity in terms of the fighting styles, sequences and sound effects.

Good flick though.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 10, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Anybody take een de Santana movie?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 11, 2012, 08:29:16 AM »

yeah..... d production value low, as u might expect......it have some steups moments, but d kicks value more dan make up for d flaws .....IMHO good for ah local effort...........well worth d admission to support d locals
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:30:56 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 11, 2012, 01:32:11 PM »
Watched Machine Gun Preacher last night, based on a true story....Not a bad movie.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 11, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »

Yeah, went and take it in about a month ago.

I real enjoy it. I mean it was understandably low budget, and they were some slow parts in between where you could see they was stretching it to make up the hour. But all in all it had some hilarious moments in it that had the cinema going.

If they could tighten up the production a lil bit and focus more on the hilarious exchanges that the original clips are famous for, i seriously believe he could have an all time great local production on his hands.

Saw the creator Roger Alexis in the mall last week and told him he need to do a Pastor Stewart movie... Seriously, Santana good but I could watch a whole hour of Pastor Stewart.. He is a classic.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 12, 2012, 01:22:49 AM »

VB

stepping into the ring with a good boxer is like playing tag with a human jackhammer. they can hit harder than a typical wing chun stylist, have greater punching accuracy, more stamina, and can take a punch a lot better. even the slight difference in stance and style between a boxer and kickboxer would give advantage to a boxer, depending on rules. all things being equal a decent muay thai fighter would beat most stand up martial artists, boxers or kickboxers of similar calibre in a standard ring under continuous action. in a bigger space under point style rules or under no rules a martial artist has an edge IMO due to cleaner technique and speed.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 13, 2012, 03:06:19 AM »
The Walking Dead.

I must say I thought they were spending too much time on that farm but after the hiatus things REAL take an expected turn.

Anybody else notice that the first three episodes after the hiatus, the black man hardly appear and barely say three words. The last episode they give him a little more. Is like dey doh want the man in the series.

VB

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
Thanks for the Santana reviews, cayr wait till it come on DVD... remember the first local movie I see "men in grey"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
The Walking Dead.

I must say I thought they were spending too much time on that farm but after the hiatus things REAL take an expected turn.

Anybody else notice that the first three episodes after the hiatus, the black man hardly appear and barely say three words. The last episode they give him a little more. Is like dey doh want the man in the series.

VB

LOL!! we was talkin bout dat las week....they fade de man out clean clean I even forget he was part of the cast

Nex ting he come back wit he two lines in the house meeting....dem eh know what to do wit him,,,an de last ting dey need is he to be ressin some pipe on maggie  ;D
dem yankee go focus on dat more than the zombies
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>