March 29, 2024, 05:23:29 AM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275280 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #810 on: May 04, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
oh gaaardo... Thor and Hulk win...   :rotfl:

Black widow ent look too bad though

Thor couldn't lose de glasses at least? lol  Yeah boy, Black Widow looking righteous.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 04, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »
expendables

dey PG-13 d fuuckin ting cause chuck norris doh like to cuss.......steups ..........overrated Steven-Seagalesce Mudder c**t ..........again steups
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQgHttrwOu0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PQgHttrwOu0</a>
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:54:11 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 07, 2012, 09:25:57 AM »
In preparation for the upcoming Prometheus, I started rewatching the Alien movies.  The first one was so good eh, 1979 and they pull off a sci-fi masterpiece.

BTW it looks like it's the same alien ship or at least same type of ship in both movies.
I really lookin forward to this one.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:15:01 PM by Peong »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #813 on: May 07, 2012, 08:27:45 PM »
In preparation for the upcoming Prometheus, I started rewatching the Alien movies.  The first one was so good eh, 1979 and they pull off a sci-fi masterpiece.

BTW it looks like it's the same alien ship or at least same type of ship in both movies.
I really lookin forward to this one.

Alien is a hell of a movie. Can't remember what the Alien ship looked like though.

Watching the Prometheus trailer it remind me of the backstory to Dead Space, an adventure/horror videogame. The dead space backstory has similar elements to Prometheus with humans finding ancient Alien glyphs on earth then leaving for space. But the real similarity is in the space ships. The design was very similar to Alien with cramped spaces and an industrial look and feel to the human ship.

Here is a "Prometheus" trailer using footage from the Dead Space movies

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dkJZfb6nDqk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dkJZfb6nDqk</a>
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 08, 2012, 12:34:44 AM »
That is how yuh do a trailer boy.   :applause:  Might be better than the movie.

Can't see that happening. It have movies yuh could see is BS from a mile a way, and then much anticipated ones that turn out disappointing (Avengers fans beware!) but I can't see any way for this movie to not be boss.

Far from disappointing... I hearing nothing but glowing reviews from friends who see Avengers.  Break the all-time box office opening weekend record, $200 million over the weekend.  Break Harry Potter record.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/movies/marvels-the-avengers-top-box-office-record.html?_r=1&src=dayp

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 09, 2012, 05:53:17 AM »
Avengers - It is excellent! The only thing a little shaky was parts of the adaptation. You def have to check it in 3d and/or 3d imax if you don't mind spending the coins. All I can say is..HULK! well ms ting ass look nice and tight as well.

* Doh forget to stay after the credits for a teaser.

Side Note - Seems the movie to watch this summer will be the new batman!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 09, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
Took one of my children to see hunger games, must admit I was disappointed (never read the books).
People raved about it, but for me nah!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 09, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »
Took one of my children to see hunger games, must admit I was disappointed (never read the books).
People raved about it, but for me nah!
Did not like it either... The flame costume was the best part of the movie for me.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #818 on: May 10, 2012, 06:04:38 AM »

Far from disappointing... I hearing nothing but glowing reviews from friends who see Avengers.  Break the all-time box office opening weekend record, $200 million over the weekend.  Break Harry Potter record.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/07/movies/marvels-the-avengers-top-box-office-record.html?_r=1&src=dayp

I thought it possible that the movie could fail to deliver on the hype and expectation given the the cookie-cutter early trailers. It definitely delivered on the promise of the trailer and got good critical reviews. The money it made is a different issue altogether.

I saw it and thought it was good, not spectacular but I am going back to watch it again and I probably will buy it when it comes to disc. Very similar to the last Transformers (in several ways) the movie was good eye candy, near perfect action design, effects and choreography and a good mix of humour with the action.

I think if you are a big fan of the comic books there are some real sour points but it is nothing unique to this Marvel movie, it is just really emphasized here. But I kinda give up on wanting movies to have a high fidelity to comic book sources. They often don’t have fidelity to other books and plays that they adapt to screen either. I don’t bitch about the LoTR not being faithful to the books, having not read them, so I really can’t bitch about comic book movies doing the same.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 10, 2012, 10:05:36 AM »

I thought it possible that the movie could fail to deliver on the hype and expectation given the the cookie-cutter early trailers. It definitely delivered on the promise of the trailer and got good critical reviews. The money it made is a different issue altogether.

I saw it and thought it was good, not spectacular but I am going back to watch it again and I probably will buy it when it comes to disc. Very similar to the last Transformers (in several ways) the movie was good eye candy, near perfect action design, effects and choreography and a good mix of humour with the action.

I think if you are a big fan of the comic books there are some real sour points but it is nothing unique to this Marvel movie, it is just really emphasized here. But I kinda give up on wanting movies to have a high fidelity to comic book sources. They often don’t have fidelity to other books and plays that they adapt to screen either. I don’t bitch about the LoTR not being faithful to the books, having not read them, so I really can’t bitch about comic book movies doing the same.

You warned Avengers fans to beware of being disappointed, the box office success and early reviews suggests that your concern may have been unnecessary.  Performance at the box office is the only sign of success or failure that really matters.  Fans of the genre could pan or rave about a movie but at the end of the day money is what's required to make a movie and money determines whether it spawns any sequels. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 10, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »

You warned Avengers fans to beware of being disappointed, the box office success and early reviews suggests that your concern may have been unnecessary.  Performance at the box office is the only sign of success or failure that really matters.  Fans of the genre could pan or rave about a movie but at the end of the day money is what's required to make a movie and money determines whether it spawns any sequels. 

Oscar nominations/wins.  They matter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 10, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »
Oscar nominations/wins.  They matter.
Sure...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #822 on: May 11, 2012, 05:28:26 AM »

I didn't get into the money thing because I wasn't in doubt about whether the movie would be a financial success, that was always going to happen. The concern I expressed was a different one, that it could have easily been a disappointing experience for fans.

It didn't happen but not every thing that you wary of happens and its not as if there aren't examples of much anticipated movies being disappointing viewing experiences.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 11, 2012, 06:22:11 AM »
I normally look at performance at the box office after the first week as a better indicator compared to gross profit... The hype and glitz could have a blockbuster film rack up record numbers in the first week, but if its a disappointing experience for fans, it normally tapers out fast over the following weeks as the word gets around..

Went and take in the Avengers in iMax last night and it was BOSS!!!

Really impressed.. Even moreso than some of the recent big ones like Transformers and Inception because while i thought those movies were great, something about the Avengers have me feeling like I could go back and take it in again... And i've heard that from a number of people as well, so i'm sure this have plenty legs to run.

Hulk take absolute WIN in the movie. I feel like they redeemed that franchise completely cause i never really rate any of dem Hulk movies.

But yeah, movie was bess, Avengers is ah must.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 11, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
Saw Mission Impossible on the plane. What a load of crap! Also had time to watch Contraband and I enjoyed it. Love heist & con movies
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #825 on: May 11, 2012, 06:57:07 AM »
Saw Mission Impossible on the plane. What a load of crap! Also had time to watch Contraband and I enjoyed it. Love heist & con movies

Jack soon making a blockbuster! 

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #826 on: May 11, 2012, 07:22:08 AM »
I normally look at performance at the box office after the first week as a better indicator compared to gross profit... The hype and glitz could have a blockbuster film rack up record numbers in the first week, but if its a disappointing experience for fans, it normally tapers out fast over the following weeks as the word gets around.

The Avengers numbers were truly spectacular and it did something unique as far momentum. The Friday numbers were behind the Hunger games and Harry Potter yet by Sunday it blew away every other film by a significant margin. That means that it had great word of mouth and great repeat business on the opening weekend.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 11, 2012, 11:43:16 AM »
something about the Avengers have me feeling like I could go back and take it in again... And i've heard that from a number of people as well, so i'm sure this have plenty legs to run.

So true.... and with dem inflated movie ticket prices I cyar even remember when last I went to the movies more than once to see de same flick. Hell, I might even take it een a third time...maybe in Imax...
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
I didn't get into the money thing because I wasn't in doubt about whether the movie would be a financial success, that was always going to happen. The concern I expressed was a different one, that it could have easily been a disappointing experience for fans.

It didn't happen but not every thing that you wary of happens and its not as if there aren't examples of much anticipated movies being disappointing viewing experiences.

Seems you taking it as though I throwing it in yuh face that ha ha yuh was wrong... if so then that's not the case.  I merely pointing out what a resounding success it was quite to the contrary, and perhaps despite the fears of many.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #829 on: May 11, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »
Seems you taking it as though I throwing it in yuh face that ha ha yuh was wrong... if so then that's not the case.  I merely pointing out what a resounding success it was quite to the contrary, and perhaps despite the fears of many.

No sweat.

So true.... and with dem inflated movie ticket prices I cyar even remember when last I went to the movies more than once to see de same flick. Hell, I might even take it een a third time...maybe in Imax...

I definitely going back, but that is partly because I sleep though a good bit of the first half. As for generally watching things twice, I can't remember doing that in a long while too, more because of time than price. I sneak off to see this one solo on opening weekend so I will get to see it again on my next date night.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 11, 2012, 02:36:34 PM »
with hi tech CGI,, look like hollywood figure out how to do superheo movies right

whey allyuh think...Justice League next?..or maybe Power Man?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »

No sweat.

I definitely going back, but that is partly because I sleep though a good bit of the first half. As for generally watching things twice, I can't remember doing that in a long while too, more because of time than price. I sneak off to see this one solo on opening weekend so I will get to see it again on my next date night.

Were u tired or yuh thought de first half was going slow?

with hi tech CGI,, look like hollywood figure out how to do superheo movies right

Wish dey could jump into that without any individual superhero prequels though.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 11, 2012, 04:28:36 PM »

super grover! I would personally like to see Vendor Rivalry Redux.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:39:26 AM by Jumbie »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 11, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »

cuz.. contraband? really? Took me 4 tries to complete that one oui!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 11, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »

Breds I enjoyed this one, what was your problem with it?
Paula Patton mmmmmmmmm......

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #835 on: May 12, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »

warner bros are in development for wonder woman, flash and a reboot of green lantern, those need to be done before we see justice league

saw avengers last night and it was average, downey and ruffalo stood out while the plot was predictable

the cbm (comic book movie ) of the summer will be dark knight rises, whedon has a way to go to reach nolan's caliber

also, hawkeye, black widow, iron man and thor were not iconic, captain america and hulk were really the only iconic characters and downey is the reason iron man has been so great with the help of cgi

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 12, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »

I thought it was a good watch. Contraband was not all that in my opinion.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #837 on: May 13, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »

Yeah I thought this was the best of the four. The end was cartoonish and it had too much Tom Cruise running (as usual) but the heist was classic MI. Much, much better than the 2nd and third ones.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
Haywire was damn good.  I didn't expect that at all.  The directing was excellent.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:57 PM »
Haywire was damn good.  I didn't expect that at all.  The directing was excellent.
Fell asleep on this one... Did not like how she just start to tell this stranger all their secret business in the car she kinda hijack.

1]; } ?>