March 28, 2024, 03:02:45 PM

Author Topic: Post ah movie thread  (Read 275178 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Post ah movie thread
« Reply #900 on: June 13, 2012, 06:47:17 AM »
finally take in avengers,boss flick....downey is boss actor.

De bootleg man finally reach Queens or wha'?

------------------------------------------------

Grimm... what questions yuh have?  Leh we compare notes nah.  Just put ah spoiler alert up top if necessary.
that is one movie need to see in de teartah.i eh rushin to go see movie and fight for good seats.had a total of 6 people in de movie house includin me and me 2 picnee.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »
Finally finished the entire Breaking Bad season yesterday and now can conclusively say that was the single most amazing piece of TV drama i have ever watched in my life. I rating it that highly.

The season 4 finale was simply breathtaking to the point where a day later i still thinking about the scene that play off there. There are entire sites, blogs and youtube videos dedicated to discussing the serious heights that play off there.

Cannot wait for season 5. Apparently it will be the final season, 16 episodes long.

season 5 starting in a few weeks with an 8-episode apertura and 8-episode clausura a few months after. dem writers will earn their keep for this last season; closing out a series is no easy thing eh.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 03, 2012, 07:26:13 PM »
Finally finished the entire Breaking Bad season yesterday and now can conclusively say that was the single most amazing piece of TV drama i have ever watched in my life. I rating it that highly.

The season 4 finale was simply breathtaking to the point where a day later i still thinking about the scene that play off there. There are entire sites, blogs and youtube videos dedicated to discussing the serious heights that play off there.

Cannot wait for season 5. Apparently it will be the final season, 16 episodes long.

season 5 starting in a few weeks with an 8-episode apertura and 8-episode clausura a few months after. dem writers will earn their keep for this last season; closing out a series is no easy thing eh.

that forking thing made me fall back on real work a couple months back. decided to take een a few episodes.. ended up watching all 4 seasons in a row. Many times I wanted to hit the young fella a slap oui.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 06, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »
Like allyuh men does only take een action movies and serious flicks here boy....Nobody went and see Ted?? I take in that last night and nearly dead. If yuh you like the humor in Family Guy you'll definitely get some kicks with Ted.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 06, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
I saw Our Idiot Brother, no complaints, I had a few laugh-out-loud moments.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 07, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »
Took in the new Spider man last night, I was not impressed by it. We can discuss it when most of you have seen it. All I have to say is I think they catered this movie for the IMAX enjoyment.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 08, 2012, 07:26:46 AM »
Took in the new Spider man last night, I was not impressed by it. We can discuss it when most of you have seen it. All I have to say is I think they catered this movie for the IMAX enjoyment.

10x dat..... some parts seemed rushed and I know some comic books have different versions penned by other people.....so I dont know but the character development was off to me...especially the unfamiliar names.........ah tink this could go in d marvel fail bin wit d first hulk.... dem own still not as deep as DC own doh, lawd, Batman proppin dat up all by itself and diss is Nolan last film :(

I pity the fool....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 08, 2012, 07:25:32 PM »

that forking thing made me fall back on real work a couple months back. decided to take een a few episodes.. ended up watching all 4 seasons in a row. Many times I wanted to hit the young fella a slap oui.

yuh mean jesse? at first ah feel so too, but after season 2, he have some aspects that ah could respect. if is anyone that need a slap is skyler.

ah up all hours trying to catch up. almost done season 3.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 08, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
Just watch "An Englishman Who Went up A Hill But Came Down A Mountain"... older flick, from early 2000's I believe... w/ Hugh Grant.  Decent English flick, nice quaint story about this town and a promontory that was surveyed and declared a "hill", and how the town tried to get the classification changed to a "mountain" because of what the history of such a designation meant and would mean going forward.  Real decent movie... weird as it may sound.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:40 AM »
check "American Reunion" this weekend.

all ah dem get old bad. same setta jokes. me eh really feel it but the lady love it.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 09, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »
Wrath of the Titans was crap, I just didn't enjoy it. Might be because I think Sam Worthington's characters all have one personality.
John Carter was very good, I thought it would be foolish but the story was good, with a nice final reveal. It had good actors, before watching it I didn't know who was in it beyond Gambit.  You could tell the princess spent some time in the gym.  ;D
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was good. You have to listen closely but the build-up was good.  Stellar cast in this one.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 09, 2012, 11:51:36 AM »
Wrath of the Titans was crap, I just didn't enjoy it. Might be because I think Sam Worthington's characters all have one personality.
John Carter was very good, I thought it would be foolish but the story was good, with a nice final reveal. It had good actors, before watching it I didn't know who was in it beyond Gambit.  You could tell the princess spent some time in the gym.  ;D
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was good. You have to listen closely but the build-up was good.  Stellar cast in this one.

Don't tell me you went and see Clash of the Titans and went back for more...  :cursing:

Don't also tell me you part with your hard earned dollars to see that in cinema  :frustrated:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 09, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

Don't tell me you went and see Clash of the Titans and went back for more...  :cursing:

Don't also tell me you part with your hard earned dollars to see that in cinema  :frustrated:

Nah not in cinema, I "found" a copy online.   I wanted to see the fiery demons in battle. That scene looked cool but does not redeem the movie.

I also saw a kinda horror with Willem Dafoe called Antichrist.  Man that was a messed-up story.  It's a Lars von Trier movie, I know he has some other weird stuff out there.  Willem Dafoe's wife well f**k him up.  Would not watch again.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 09, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »

Nah not in cinema, I "found" a copy online.   I wanted to see the fiery demons in battle. That scene looked cool but does not redeem the movie.

I also saw a kinda horror with Willem Dafoe called Antichrist.  Man that was a messed-up story.  It's a Lars von Trier movie, I know he has some other weird stuff out there.  Willem Dafoe's wife well f**k him up.  Would not watch again.

oh god where they went out in de woods somewhere? ....  :worried:

I never finish that movie
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 10, 2012, 01:53:30 PM »
allyuh check the Hunter William Dafoe. Warning you have to be a movie buff to enjoy this ie: Scenic shots etc.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 11, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »
dark night rises:behind the scene

Nolan is ah boss oui, almost no computer generated VFX :o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/61ta8lhLX60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/61ta8lhLX60</a>
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 14, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »

yuh mean jesse? at first ah feel so too, but after season 2, he have some aspects that ah could respect. if is anyone that need a slap is skyler.

All of them need a blasted slap.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #917 on: July 15, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
dark night rises:behind the scene

Nolan is ah boss oui, almost no computer generated VFX :o

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/61ta8lhLX60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/61ta8lhLX60</a>

nolan has set the standard for comic book movies, next up for dc is the justice league after man of steel, where we will see nolan's brilliance once more

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #918 on: July 15, 2012, 04:53:27 PM »
Some movies I saw recently:

Safe house: good action, decent suspense. Nice final kill scene, however the final scene with the woman was rubbish but at that point the movie was over.

Spiderman: Have the comics changed since I stopped reading them in the late 80s. Do they even TRY to get someone who looks a little like Peter Parker. WTF is the deal with PP's hair??? Dumb ass me I didn't realize one theatre had 3D and one didn't, guess which one I end up in. So cah talk about the 3D. However, the one good thing they got about this movie was that Peter was reasonably mild mannered but when he put on the suit he got extremely extroverted and was full of lyrics.

The Dictator: wait for DVD. Silly movie but a few good laughs here  and there.

A. Lincoln Vampire Hunter: contradictions re. the relations between vampires and how they turn people. Some unreal action scenes even by movie standards. But entertaining action.

War Horse: Great movie. Enjoyed it from beginning to end.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »
I always say the writers should have done betters with the Punisher story line.

Let's hope they get a second chance, besides it have Ronnie is it dis time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bWpK0wsnitc
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #920 on: July 16, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

The man get shot at twice at point blank range and they miss both times.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 16, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
Finally see the help last nite, I will never look at pie the same way again  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 16, 2012, 12:54:15 PM »

The man get shot at twice at point blank range and they miss both times.

Who say dey miss LOL, look at the tshirt he give to de kid, dey never miss, he is juss ah bad mofo
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 19, 2012, 02:40:53 PM »

All of them need a blasted slap.

ha ha.

well ah finish season 4. giancarlo esposito is a BOSS actor. he beast out a few times as gustavo fring. ah wonder what kind of people he running with back in chile. ah feel some of that coming back season 5.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
Watch "get the gringo" last night, very enjoyable.

Movies if yuh never see you should. "Lock stock and two smoking barrels" & "Snatch"
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 20, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »

Movies if yuh never see you should. "Lock stock and two smoking barrels" & "Snatch"

Dem is two classics... discussed them back near the start of the thread.  Just watched another Guy Ritchie (Producer) gem the other night "Mean Machine". Mighta been mentioned in this thread before, can't remember.  Basically, Vinnie Jones plays this footballer, former captain of the English MNT, implicated in throwing a game... and who burdened by that goes on a drunk driving spree.  He get lock up in a prison where the Warden... sorry, Governor... is a gambling addict.  The decide to play a game Cons vs. Guards.  'Nuff kicks, and some decent football too. Not exactly Escape to Victory... but good enough.

In addition to Vinnie Jones, couple other Ritchie regulars was in this one as well, including Jasaon Statham (in a Rene Higuita type role... hilarious), Jason Flemyng and Vas Blackwood.  Good flick.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 20, 2012, 04:43:17 PM »

any guy ritchie movie is worth watchin
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 20, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »

Dem is two classics... discussed them back near the start of the thread.  Just watched another Guy Ritchie (Producer) gem the other night "Mean Machine". Mighta been mentioned in this thread before, can't remember.  Basically, Vinnie Jones plays this footballer, former captain of the English MNT, implicated in throwing a game... and who burdened by that goes on a drunk driving spree.  He get lock up in a prison where the Warden... sorry, Governor... is a gambling addict.  The decide to play a game Cons vs. Guards.  'Nuff kicks, and some decent football too. Not exactly Escape to Victory... but good enough.
Thats sounds like pretty much the exact same plot from The Longest Yard (both versions)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 20, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
Thats sounds like pretty much the exact same plot from The Longest Yard (both versions)

That's true... was the Adam Sandler/Burt Reynolds character accused of throwing games?  Can't remember.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:10:57 PM by Bakes »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »

That's true... was the Adam Sandler/Burt Reynolds character accused of throwing games?  Can't remember.

Yes, the team name was even the Mean Machine, must've just been a remake.

1]; } ?>